Manastone=Greater lightstone

Zook

Jan 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/21/00
I spent tons of good items to trade for a manastone since verant made
it no longer drop from Evil Eye. Now I am left with a manastone which
is so restricted especially I can't use it in the expansion . I got
the feeling that I purchased a greater lightstone for 3000pp....

Although they didn;t remove the manastone altogether, in actual fact,
they did because if you continue to play EQ, then you will bound to
get lvl 50 and wish to hunt in the expansion pack...will you put your
manastone in your inventoy when you are hunting in the new lands?

It is bullshit that you can;t find a group on planes if you don;t
have a manastone, what about kedge keep, you can't really hunt in
kedge keep if you don't ve a fishbone earring unless you are going
there with some mages (similar to going to plane of hate without a
wizard)...Why not make the fishbone earring unuseable in Kedge keep?

Pin

Jan 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/21/00
OH FUCKING STOP IT

WAAAAAHHHHH

At least you had one and or traded for one.. You know what?? There are
thousands of us that will never have one.. And you can still use it in
lower guk and Solb for dragon runs or your item farming. A distinct
advantage over the rest of us still.

Welcome to being like the rest of us.

Zook

Jan 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/21/00
On Fri, 21 Jan 2000 12:31:00 -0500, Pin <rbi...@erols.com> wrote:

>OH FUCKING STOP IT
>
>WAAAAAHHHHH
>
>At least you had one and or traded for one.. You know what?? There are
>thousands of us that will never have one.. And you can still use it in
>lower guk and Solb for dragon runs or your item farming. A distinct
>advantage over the rest of us still.

Stay in sol b and lower guk for the rest of your EQ experience then,
do you know what the feeling is like if you want to explore the new
lands in expansion pack?

Just image some of your most useful item CANNOT be used in the
expansion.... I rather I have NEVER traded my items for the manastone,
at least I can use them in the expansion pack

Dry Onion

Jan 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/21/00
Man, there is always someone with Penis Envy. Just because you don't have
one (or never evben bothered to work for one) means that everyone else must
now not have one, is that it?

Jeeze, if we think like this I believe all the level 50 people need to be
knocked down to level 25-30 or so. I mean that's the average level for
everyone I think, It's not fair that they worked there way all the way up to
a high level and everyone else hasn't gotten that much experince yet.

If we can't work for items ourselves then by golly nobody else will either!
Yeah, that's the ticket!

The Dry Onion

>OH FUCKING STOP IT
>
>WAAAAAHHHHH
>
>At least you had one and or traded for one.. You know what?? There are
>thousands of us that will never have one.. And you can still use it in
>lower guk and Solb for dragon runs or your item farming. A distinct
>advantage over the rest of us still.

Shadis

Jan 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/21/00
You know what? There are hundreds, probably thousands, of people who
DON'T have a manastone who will be able to fight in the expansion and
the planes and any other zone in the game JUST fine. If you're that
worried about the items you gave up to get the manastone, you have
about 2 or 3 months now to go back to Sol B and Guk to get those items
back (or items that you can trade back for them). Or you can go find
other items. Or you can realize that it's just a game and your
enjoyment of the game depends on YOU and not what items your character
has.

I'm only 16th level, but I see just about every other caster in my
level range wearing some cool robe and with a really neat staff and
carying a Stein of Moggok. Sure I'm jealous and would love to have
those things, but you know what? I do just fine with my +1 mana Jr.
Apprentice Robe, my Runed Totem Staff, and a couple of other low-level
items that I scraped up cash by killing wisps and bought on my own. I
enjoy the game just fine without one single item that does anything but
give me a bit more mana. I kill things, I do quests, I group with cool
people, I travel to different zones that are within my level range, and
I do it all without any kind of 'crutch' or super-duper item.

Get over it and realize that there were people doing all of the high
level zones without manastones, there are people without manastones
doing them now, and there will always be people doing these things
without benefit of a manastone. Or guise of the Deceiver. Or box of
Abu kar, or any other item that people whine that they don't have, or
can't get, or used to have but don't, or is different now.

jpg71

Jan 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/21/00
Zook <robo...@usa.net> wrote in message

> I spent tons of good items to trade for a manastone since verant made
> it no longer drop from Evil Eye. Now I am left with a manastone which
> is so restricted especially I can't use it in the expansion . I got
> the feeling that I purchased a greater lightstone for 3000pp....

Are manastones nodrop? If not, I'm sure there are plenty of people who
would be willing to buy back that manastone for 3000pp.

Thierry Brunet

Jan 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/21/00

--
How the fuck is not being able to use a freakin' manastone ever going to
prevent you from exploring a zone? It's not. All it will do is make you sit

When a single item makes one characters of X class and Y level _directly
superior_ to another of the exact same class/level, the item is simple _too
powerful and completely unbalanced_. Anyone which is bitching about the
manastone being "nerfed" that thinks this is not the case is completely
hypocrite... If it weren't -that- good, why would they be whining in the first
place?

Making it so it can't be used on Kunark is a _VERY_ good thing, it somewhat
evens out the leveling field for everyone. A "Clean Slate" so to speak.

Thierry

Xenu

Jan 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/21/00
Just group with a Mage.
They summon manastones now, and theese summonings CAN and WILL be used
in the planes!

Dan Bongard

Jan 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/21/00
robo...@usa.net (Zook) writes:

>I spent tons of good items to trade for a manastone since verant made
>it no longer drop from Evil Eye. Now I am left with a manastone which
>is so restricted especially I can't use it in the expansion . I got
>the feeling that I purchased a greater lightstone for 3000pp....

I guess you must feel pretty dumb right now, huh?

-- Dan

Pin

Jan 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/21/00
So are you on Bristlebane?? If so I would be glad to take your worthless
manastone..

Everyone cries when they are nerfed.. I just got tired of hearing hit.

Dry Onion wrote:

> Man, there is always someone with Penis Envy. Just because you don't have
> one (or never evben bothered to work for one) means that everyone else must
> now not have one, is that it?

No, its not that. My primary is a 42 ranger. No desire to have a manastone.
Could have had one, but never bothered. As for working for my items, I fear you
have delusions of grandeur. You have one because you wanted one, not because you
are better than me(or so you think). I never wanted one.. However I have a 32
wizard now that could use it LOL..

Here is yet another case of a guy thinking that because he has an item, it made
his 1 inch cock bigger...

> The Dry Onion

> >OH FUCKING STOP IT
> >
> >WAAAAAHHHHH
> >
> >At least you had one and or traded for one.. You know what?? There are
> >thousands of us that will never have one.. And you can still use it in
> >lower guk and Solb for dragon runs or your item farming. A distinct
> >advantage over the rest of us still.
> >

> >Welcome to being like the rest of us.

Kroakar of Rathe

Jan 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/21/00
You mean you can work for a penis? Where does the quest start? I know, I
know, with the Orc Pawn Pricks in Freeport! And you have to mix Studded
armor with Kiola nuts and Dwarven pickles. Fairy dust is optional.
If Elvish, it should be called The Staff of Feel-with.
Rangers - The JaggedPine Prod
Dwarves - The Bloodgorged Flail
Necros - The StoneCold Rod.
Gnomes can make Tiny Tinkers, tailors can make Studly Armor, cooks can make
Lizard-on-a-Stick (wait, that's already being made.)
I wonder if they will make special graphics and animation for this?

"Dry Onion" <DryO...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Robert Crick

Jan 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/21/00
Hehe, I have a full set of Plane gear, and you'll never get one... Trust me
:)

Thierry Brunet <thie...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

> Zook wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 21 Jan 2000 12:31:00 -0500, Pin <rbi...@erols.com> wrote:
> >

> > >OH FUCKING STOP IT
> > >
> > >WAAAAAHHHHH
> > >
> > >At least you had one and or traded for one.. You know what?? There are
> > >thousands of us that will never have one.. And you can still use it in
> > >lower guk and Solb for dragon runs or your item farming. A distinct
> > >advantage over the rest of us still.

Larry Schodts

Jan 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/21/00
Okay...Funniest Part...they just sold one otnight for over $300.00 dollars
on Ebay...ROFLMAO.

Dan Bongard <dbon...@netcom.com> wrote in message

JackiePrice

Jan 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/22/00

"Robert Crick" <Acer...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Hehe, I have a full set of Plane gear, and you'll never get one... Trust
me

I hope this is sarcastic, cause you are full of shit.

A friend of mine got his last peice of Thorny Vine plate after his 7th trip
to fear, last night. One of the people with him got 3 peices of Shiverback
on his first trip, including the vest. And they are raising the drop rate
in fear.

Hate is being dropped a bit. Either way, its not impossible. You just
don't get a full set on your first trip like you did when fear was opened.

Unknown

Jan 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/22/00

Hmm. The young speak with such great knowledge. As you stated You
don't have great items, and have worked for each and ever piece you've
gotten. You may one day reach lvl 50, but guess what these guys did
it before you. What does this mean? Well it means through their
sweat and tears they got what they got from hard work. They
invisioned questing for items, and achieving them. They sat in Guk
(lower) and waiting on the one eye to spawn only 2x and hour. Maybe
after 6 hours one stone was rewarded. To them they accomplished much,
and got what they were after. This stone when they found it worked.
None the less its an item they had that doesn't work the way it use
to. One day this will happen to you with some other item you may get,
and how will you feel when this happens to you? You can't answer that
yet, but i think you can get a clue as to what I'm saying here.
People can only take so much shit. We give our time and money, and
Verant Takes it. One day though we won't be the givers anymore, I'm
not. I quit this game over 2 months now that i think of it and just
rescently started reading this newsgroup again to see how much worse
this game has gotten. If you just bought the game it barely is
noticeable, but if you had been playing for more that 6 months I think
all these negetive changes really piss people off. I just have to say
one thing more. Look at both sides of the story, and really listen to
what everyone is talking about. It basically comes down to how Verant
will crush and expediant way to gain exp or lesson down time period.
If you would do the History of the patches you would see this.

Dry Onion

Jan 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/22/00
>No, its not that. My primary is a 42 ranger. No desire to have a manastone.
>Could have had one, but never bothered. As for working for my items, I fear
you
>have delusions of grandeur. You have one because you wanted one, not
because you
>are better than me(or so you think). I never wanted one.. However I have a
32
>wizard now that could use it LOL..

I think you just proved your own point. You have no manastone and you can't
even get into an Alter plane yet. You have no reason to even have an
opinion on the matter
BTW I DON'T have a manastone either and most likly never will. I simply
don't support nerfing in any form. Can't see why you do.
Frankly, I would love to see something like Rangers only being able to wear
cloth armor and use dagger only weapons then come back here and see how well
your accepting the sitution. Considering that would be taking something
from YOU.
So if that did happen to your Ranger how well would you except it?

The Dry Onion

Scott Rasmussen

Jan 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/22/00
What they should do with manastones is up the price vendors pay to like
30000 pp for a month (and have the venders not sell them back to players)
and then remove them from the game. Another alternative would be to give
them 50 charges rechargable for a hefty fee at the Solusk Ro Temple in
Lavastorm.

Zook wrote:

> I spent tons of good items to trade for a manastone since verant made
> it no longer drop from Evil Eye. Now I am left with a manastone which
> is so restricted especially I can't use it in the expansion . I got
> the feeling that I purchased a greater lightstone for 3000pp....

Scott Rasmussen

Jan 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/22/00
All I can say is if you want a static game go play Baldur's Gate. EQ
changes all the time, that is part of it being an online massive multiplayer
game. Some changes you like, some you don't, but live with them all you
will if you want to play. I didn't hear people whining when they reduced
the experince penalty for death (well a few people thought that death had
become meaningless). Verant has a constant juggling act to keep the game
fair for everyone. Sometimes they make mistakes, and have to adjust
things. Personally if I was Verant I would have just removed the manastone
and given all holders either a different item or cash compensation.

There is a lesson in all of this... don't become so dependant upon any one
item of "kewl lewt" that it's loss makes the game unplayable.

Strongest of Druids

Jan 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/22/00
I have a manastone, but I agree with what Verant has done to it. They made what
they thought was a good item, but it did unbalance things. So, they tried to
fix it, but we being the clever players we are found away to still make it
unbalancing. The fact that you all depend on this thing so much proves it
needed to be taken away.

What they should have done was removed it completely...meaning stop it from
dropping and take it away from all those who had it. But this would have pissed
everyone off. So, they found an ingenious solution. Leave it in, but make it
useless to post expansion players. Meaning you can basically only use it up to
level 50. You can't take it to the planes, and you can't take it to Kunark.
You can use it on your dragons runs, but once the expansion comes out there will
be better things to do than kill Naggy and Vox every night.

You can either give it to your twink and enjoy its usefullness all over again.
Or sell it off to a newbie. There are plenty out there, so everyone should get
to use one at one time or another.

The game, like the world, changes all the time. Learn to adapt to your
environment.

Ecwfrk

Jan 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/22/00
In article <38888f3c...@news.netvigator.com>, robo...@usa.net
says...

> I spent tons of good items to trade for a manastone since verant made
> it no longer drop from Evil Eye. Now I am left with a manastone which
> is so restricted especially I can't use it in the expansion . I got
> the feeling that I purchased a greater lightstone for 3000pp....
>
> Although they didn;t remove the manastone altogether, in actual fact,
> they did because if you continue to play EQ, then you will bound to
> get lvl 50 and wish to hunt in the expansion pack...will you put your
> manastone in your inventoy when you are hunting in the new lands?
>

> It is bullshit that you can;t find a group on planes if you don;t
> have a manastone, what about kedge keep, you can't really hunt in
> kedge keep if you don't ve a fishbone earring unless you are going
> there with some mages (similar to going to plane of hate without a
> wizard)...Why not make the fishbone earring unuseable in Kedge keep?

DAMNIT VERANT!! YOU SEE WHAT PROBLEM YOU CAUSED BY CHANGING THE DAMN
STONE?!?!?
JUST REMOVE THE DAMN THING ENTIRELY AND REPLACE IT WITH 5000 PLAT SO
PEOPLE WILL EVENTUALLY SHUT UP!!
I'd rather have a fucked up economy than having to listen to all the
manastone whores whining about it.

Ecwfrk

Jan 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/22/00
In article <RV5i4.19127$pb2.1...@tw11.nn.bcandid.com>,
GeoO...@pnx.com says...

> You mean you can work for a penis? Where does the quest start? I know, I
> know, with the Orc Pawn Pricks in Freeport! And you have to mix Studded
> armor with Kiola nuts and Dwarven pickles. Fairy dust is optional.
> If Elvish, it should be called The Staff of Feel-with.
> Rangers - The JaggedPine Prod
> Dwarves - The Bloodgorged Flail
> Necros - The StoneCold Rod.
> Gnomes can make Tiny Tinkers, tailors can make Studly Armor, cooks can make
> Lizard-on-a-Stick (wait, that's already being made.)
> I wonder if they will make special graphics and animation for this?

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Someone nerfed my JaggedPine prod!!! It got all shiveled up when I went
swimming!!! DAMN YOU VERANT FOR NERFING MY PROD!! NOW I'LL NEVER SEE
THE PLANES!!!! =)

Shrike

Jan 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/23/00
Dry Onion wrote:

> BTW I DON'T have a manastone either and most likly never will. I simply
> don't support nerfing in any form. Can't see why you do.

Because if all they do is enhancements, and they never nerf anything,
given sufficient time every class will be an immortal tank mage.

Nerfing is one of the tools they have to correct imbalances. Live with
it.

--
Hanrahan Thornhide, Druid in Fennin Ro, Griffin Snack.

Rhialto, Enchanter in Fennin Ro, Ruby-waster Extraordinaire.

"Remember, you reap what you SoW"

Robert Crick

Jan 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/23/00
Hehe, I have a full set of Plane gear, and you'll never get one... Trust me

JackiePrice

Jan 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/23/00
*coughbullshitcough*

Our guild is still getting full planar gear for its members with relative
ease. It takes a LITTLE longer, but the drop rate isn't ridiculously low.
Average clearing of shiverback apes drops 3-4 peices of armor...

Faeri Min

Jan 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/24/00
"jpg71" <jp...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> Zook <robo...@usa.net> wrote in message
> > I spent tons of good items to trade for a manastone since verant made
> > it no longer drop from Evil Eye. Now I am left with a manastone which
> > is so restricted especially I can't use it in the expansion . I got
> > the feeling that I purchased a greater lightstone for 3000pp....
>
> Are manastones nodrop? If not, I'm sure there are plenty of people who
> would be willing to buy back that manastone for 3000pp.

/e raises her hand.