a couple of questions looking for answers (contains spoilers)

Michael L. Jelarcic

Apr 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/19/99

I said this contains spoilers, you have been warned.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Right now i'm playing a erudite necromancer and a human warrior.

1) The book On Languages gives you a new language skill, for my human warrior
it was Old Erudian but for the erudite necro it was Elder Elvish. Does
anyone know if the new language is race/class specific or are there
different On Languages books that will give you different a language?

2) Another question on books, there are two different icons for books: brown
and red. I've been under the assumption that brown books can be used by
everyone (general trade skills and history) and red ones are for magic
users for doing research. Is this correct? I picked up a brown book
called The End of an Age but it seems to be some history and an introductory
text on spell research for the Enchanter class.

3) Are there Necromancer books and where are they? I finally got to lvl 8 and
will be traveling soon and would like to start collecting and reading the
various books, which I find quite enjoyable to do in the game.

4) In the necro hut in Toxxulia Forest, the center fire stand apparently can
be opened because when I click on it is says: It's locked and you're not
holding the key". Where is this key? I have been all over tox for quite
some time and have even searched most of the water separating the two areas
in the forest and between tox and kerra. Does it exist and generally where
can I find it, I must know, it is driving me crazy. Or is it broken or
unfinished (like most of Odus).

5) The tox necro quest given by Gorjhin Sorqez contains the key phrase
[forbidden circle of magic], but i haven't been able to get him to respond
to any of the standard questions. Does anyone know if this broken or what
is the exact sentence I should use?

6) The tox necro quest given by Pluxia Vaktus says I should find the entrance
to Kerra Ridge (I am assuming this is the entrance to the kerra zone) and
wait for an Antonican slimeball. Well i hung around the tox side of the
entrance to kerra for an entire Norrath day, with an occasional roaming of
the shoreline, and nobody showed up (I even restarted the quest just in case
it might have timed out). Am I at the right place or do I need to hunt
those non-kerran NPCs in the kerra zone? Or is just another broken quest?

7) In freeport my warrior found a locked chest at the bottom of the ocean
near the docks. What quest goes with this item? I'm willing to give
it to anybody who needs it (the merchants won't but it, as per standard
quest items), but I'm just curious (I'm on e'ci).

8) Has anyone been able to make bread/meat sandwiches? I've tried different
combinations of bread and meat in the oven and a mixing bowl, but haven't
been able to do it.

9) Do Tall Beers and Jars exist in the game, some baking recipes call for these
items but i've searched around and couldn't find them. Any idea where?
The jars are the not the ones you make using the pottery trade skill, I
tried and the jars are containers like bags/backpacks, it doesn't even have
a combine button like a mixing bowl, I even tried to use it with an oven
but it wouldn't let me because "you can't put a container in a container".

10) How does one make a "clump of dough"? I couldn't find an explanation on
how to do this in any of the recipe books, and I tried various combinations
of milk/water/flour in a mixing bowl, but always got an "these items do
not combine to make anything useful" message.

11) What good is the spell Sense Magic? I'm under the assumption that all
magic items that grant you bonuses will just show up in the description.
Will it give an extended description/background for some items? I've only
had the opportunity to try it out on the necro robe and all it basically
said was: this is a magic item. The only possible other use might be to
pick out the critters that are carrying magic items, but it doesn't seem
to be worth the spell slot since they are all going to be killed anyways.

12) As an eurdite necro (follower of Cazic-Thule) I know I'm basically an
outcast, but where can I go to by stuff other than the necro hut in tox?
And what are the banks that I can get to safely? Does Gather Shadows
dissipate when I start to use a banker? There must be other places that
will sell me spells, books, food and better robes.

Thanks for any help you might be able to give, asking GMs for answers to these
kinds of questions is like trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing
bubble gum.

mike
--
mik...@netcom.com
Who said what?!? We don't know him. go away. - my employer

Shane Bole

Apr 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/19/99
ill answer necro questions

Michael L. Jelarcic <mik...@netcom.com> wrote in message

never figured out what books are for, but I got an idea. go to the necro
guild and buy a pen and paper and try writing it and see if it will create
the spell (copy words from book)

> 3) Are there Necromancer books and where are they? I finally got to lvl 8
and
> will be traveling soon and would like to start collecting and reading
the
> various books, which I find quite enjoyable to do in the game.

never saw one

> 4) In the necro hut in Toxxulia Forest, the center fire stand apparently
can
> be opened because when I click on it is says: It's locked and you're
not
> holding the key". Where is this key? I have been all over tox for
quite
> some time and have even searched most of the water separating the two
areas
> in the forest and between tox and kerra. Does it exist and generally
where
> can I find it, I must know, it is driving me crazy. Or is it broken or
> unfinished (like most of Odus).

hmm, never tried that before...
hehe what if thats the entrance to Paineel

> 5) The tox necro quest given by Gorjhin Sorqez contains the key phrase
> [forbidden circle of magic], but i haven't been able to get him to
respond
> to any of the standard questions. Does anyone know if this broken or
what
> is the exact sentence I should use?

didnt try this one, what exactly does he say?

> 6) The tox necro quest given by Pluxia Vaktus says I should find the
entrance
> to Kerra Ridge (I am assuming this is the entrance to the kerra zone)
and
> wait for an Antonican slimeball. Well i hung around the tox side of
the
> entrance to kerra for an entire Norrath day, with an occasional roaming
of
> the shoreline, and nobody showed up (I even restarted the quest just in
case
> it might have timed out). Am I at the right place or do I need to hunt
> those non-kerran NPCs in the kerra zone? Or is just another broken
quest?

probobly broken.... what did Pluxia say to do besides that? just stay there?

It doesnt do much but it is good to keep it around, people will sometimes
loot objects and ask you to see if they are magical.

> 12) As an eurdite necro (follower of Cazic-Thule) I know I'm basically an
> outcast, but where can I go to by stuff other than the necro hut in
tox?
> And what are the banks that I can get to safely? Does Gather Shadows
> dissipate when I start to use a banker? There must be other places
that
> will sell me spells, books, food and better robes.

i know how you feel... the best race is hated by all...
I didnt have the time to go through Qeynos, but I have a hunch... get Gather
Shadows then go to High Pass Hold or whatever, I heard that there is alot of
stuff there for all sorts of races/classes
if you need a map, go to http://con.xrgn.com/
they have a map to all continents telling where each zone is and some zones
they have maps of those.
What server are you on? Eci?

Michael L. Jelarcic

Apr 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/19/99
>> 5) The tox necro quest given by Gorjhin Sorqez contains the key phrase
>> [forbidden circle of magic], but i haven't been able to get him to
>> respond to any of the standard questions. Does anyone know if this
>> broken or what is the exact sentence I should use?
>>

>didnt try this one, what exactly does he say?

he says this after doing a Hail:

Yes. Greetings to you. This is no place for the wear adventurer. We
are a humble gathering of sorcerers. If you do not follow the
[forbidden circle of magic]. Then I suggest you walk away while you
still can.

I tried a "what is the forbidden circle of magic" and "i follow the forbidden
circle of magic", etc., etc.

>> 6) The tox necro quest given by Pluxia Vaktus says I should find the
>> entrance to Kerra Ridge (I am assuming this is the entrance to the kerra
>> zone) and wait for an Antonican slimeball. Well i hung around the tox
>> side of the entrance to kerra for an entire Norrath day, with an
>> occasional roaming of the shoreline, and nobody showed up (I even
>> restarted the quest just in case it might have timed out). Am I at the
>> right place or do I need to hunt those non-kerran NPCs in the kerra zone?
>> Or is just another broken quest?
>>

>probobly broken.... what did Pluxia say to do besides that? just stay there?

after some standard intro text by pluxia with a key phrase I say "i will
perform a small act" and she replies:

Then it shall be an act of loyalty to the Heretics. Within Toxxulia find
the entrance to Kerra Ridge. Within shadows you shall lay in wait. We
heard rumors of the vile Kerran getting assistance from Antonican slime.
Find and behead this man. Return the head to me.

So basically I have to bring back the head, just like the Rungupp and poacher
quests, I even tried to give her a poacher head, but she didn't like that.

>> 12) As an eurdite necro (follower of Cazic-Thule) I know I'm basically an
>> outcast, but where can I go to by stuff other than the necro hut in
>tox?
>> tox? And what are the banks that I can get to safely? Does Gather
>> Shadows dissipate when I start to use a banker? There must be other
>> places that will sell me spells, books, food and better robes.
>>

>i know how you feel... the best race is hated by all...
>I didnt have the time to go through Qeynos, but I have a hunch... get Gather
>Shadows then go to High Pass Hold or whatever, I heard that there is alot of
>stuff there for all sorts of races/classes
>if you need a map, go to http://con.xrgn.com/
>they have a map to all continents telling where each zone is and some zones
>they have maps of those.
>What server are you on? Eci?

I'm on E'ci, give a holler to Polytryll if you're around. Its a shame that
Verant/989/Sony didn't give the same attention to some classes/races that they
did to others, I would really hate having to start over a new necro just
because they failed to implement erudite necros properly to begin with.

Jim

Apr 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/20/99
>he says this after doing a Hail:
>
> Yes. Greetings to you. This is no place for the wear adventurer. We
> are a humble gathering of sorcerers. If you do not follow the
> [forbidden circle of magic]. Then I suggest you walk away while you
> still can.
>
>I tried a "what is the forbidden circle of magic" and "i follow the
forbidden
>circle of magic", etc., etc.

Try something like "I am a necromancer" or something along those lines.
Back in beta, I hung out with a necro who had to say something like that in
order to complete one of his quests.