Patch Message 09/28

John C-W

Sep 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/28/00
September 28th, 7:00am
------------------------------

***Patch Day***

The following changes have been implemented on the production servers as
part of today's patch:

*General Changes*

- NPC corpses level 55 or over will now last 30 minutes before decaying.
This should help those on large multi-group encounters who need some
prep-time before looting items.
- The item "Woe" has been repaired. If you receive the "Item out of
charges" message when your "Woe" attempts to fire its spell, please contact
a GM to trade out the item.
- The spell "Mark of Karn" has been changed. The recast-time has been
reduced significantly and the Hitpoint-return is now scaled inversely based
upon the delay of the weapon. In addition, a hitpoint return will only take
place when the target is hit with a primary melee weapon, or the primary
hand if you are unarmed.
- Some more tradeskill component vendors have been placed within the world
to make certain tradeskills easier to use in your home town.
- "AFK" and "LD" status will now be reported above player's heads.

*Fleeing NPCs*

Last week's patch caused NPCs to flee more than before due to a bug that was
fixed. After evaluating the situation, we decided to reduce the chance to
flee, but not to the extent that it was reduced before. NPCs were
previously much more "brave" than they should have been.

As part of the same change, charmed NPCs also began fleeing when low on
health. We've determined that this is not a good situation for the players.
As such, we have stopped charmed creatures from fleeing per player request.

*Level 1 Character Purge*

The Level 1 character purge has been completed. All level 1 characters that
have not been played within the past 30 days have been deleted.

*New Server Active*

Tholuxe Paells, a new server open to new characters only, is now active and
ready for play. Enjoy! As a reminder, /movelog registration will take
place on Mithaniel Marr and Tunare Friday evening from 6PM to Midnight (PDT:
GMT-7). Registered characters will be moved to a second new server, Drinal,
early next week.

***User Interface Changes***

Many UI enhancements were made in today's patch:

*Moving and Resizing Windows*

The data windows in the full screen "HUD" mode may now be moved by clicking
in the upper left-hand corner, moving them to where you want, then clicking
again. The "spell effect" and "chat" windows can be resized by clicking on
the lower right-hand corner, dragging to the appropriate size, and then
clicking again. Coordinates for window locations in each resolution are
stored in the EQCLIENT.INI file.

*Bugs with Several Commands Fixed*

We fixed a problem with /book, /sit, and /doability that allowed them to be
executed at inappropriate times, such as while charmed or feared. They
should now only function when the native button would have functioned if
pressed.

*Miscellaneous Additions*

Added the following /-commands:

- /camp: Causes your character to camp out. You must be sitting to use
/camp.
- /disband: Will disband you from your current group, or turn down an
invitation to join another group.
- /invite: Will invite the target into a group, or accept an invitation if
one is pending.
- /attack: Will toggle the state of "Auto-attack". You may also add a
parameter of "on" or "off" to explicitly set the state.

In addition:

- CTRL-1 through CTRL-8 will cast the spell in the specified spell-slot.
- ":" (colon: Short for /emote) and "'" (apostrophe: Short for /say) will
now bring up the chat line in the same fashion as the /-key and ENTER.
- The "R" key (by default) takes you into reply-mode as always, bringing up
a reply to the last person sending you a /tell. However, you can now TAB
and SHIFT-TAB to cycle through the last 10 people that have sent you /tells.

*Pauses in Socials*

You may now enter pauses in social batches with the /pause command. /pause
takes an argument from 1 to 600, with the value being equal to the number of
tenths of seconds (i.e. /pause 100 will yield a 10 second pause).

For example, a social consisting of:

/sit off
/cast 1
/pause 100
/sit on

...would cause you to stand up, cast the spell in slot 1, wait 10 seconds
after you've STARTED casting the spell, and sit down.

Furthermore, you can also use the /pause command on the same line as another
social by separating the commands with a comma. Even though the pause
command is specified first, it is executed AFTER the command on the same
line.

For example:

/sit off
/pause 100,/cast 1
/sit on

...would have the same effect as the example above. It is important to note
that the comma can only be used to separate a /pause command from another,
and MUST be specified first on the line.

*Emote Codes*

The @ symbol has been replaced with a series of %-codes that expand into
various pieces of information, and now works in ALL chat channels (emote,
say, shout, ooc, auction, group, guild).

The new %-codes are:

%T - Returns the current target.
%S - Returns the subjective gender-specific pronoun for the target (He, She,
It).
%O - Returns the objective gender-specific pronoun for the target (Him, Her,
It).
%P - Returns the posessive gender-specific pronoun for the target (His, Her,
Its).
%R - Returns the race of the target (only works on Player characters).

For example, if you have a target of "a gnoll", the following emote:

/point say points at %T indicating that he is ready to kill %O.

...Your character will execute the "point" animation with a text output of
"CharacterName points at a gnoll indicating that he is ready to kill it."

- The EverQuest Team

John C-W

Sep 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/28/00
I hadn't seen it posted today, so I thought I'd send it in. Now for my
2cp...

| - Some more tradeskill component vendors have been placed within the world
| to make certain tradeskills easier to use in your home town.

Ore in Qeynos!?!?

| - "AFK" and "LD" status will now be reported above player's heads.

Give that man a cookie! Good idea, though. Hell, there should be an alarm
sounded within the group when this happens!

| *Moving and Resizing Windows*

| - /camp: Causes your character to camp out. You must be sitting to use|
/camp.
| - /disband: Will disband you from your current group, or turn down an
| invitation to join another group.
| - /invite: Will invite the target into a group, or accept an invitation
if
| one is pending.
| - /attack: Will toggle the state of "Auto-attack". You may also add a
| parameter of "on" or "off" to explicitly set the state.

Camp will be handy for when I wish to stay in HUD mode and get out. I don't
see a lot of use for the others.

Question: If someone invites me into a group (lowbies have been doing this
a lot in Everfrost lately) and it scrolls past without me noticing it, when
I'm invited into a 'real' group, will they be told that I'm already in a
group or will the first Invite time out eventually?

| In addition:
|
| - CTRL-1 through CTRL-8 will cast the spell in the specified spell-slot.

YAY YAY YAY YAY ! ! ! I can keep my mouse where it is for the one or two
un-hotkeyed songs I have memmed.

| - ":" (colon: Short for /emote) and "'" (apostrophe: Short for /say) will
| now bring up the chat line in the same fashion as the /-key and ENTER.

Another cookie!

| - The "R" key (by default) takes you into reply-mode as always, bringing
up
| a reply to the last person sending you a /tell. However, you can now TAB
| and SHIFT-TAB to cycle through the last 10 people that have sent you
/tells.

Oooh, hadn't even thought of that one! Very handy

| *Pauses in Socials*
--snip--
Let me just say I literally gave a clap when I read this! It means that I
can actually macro some twisted songs! Even if I have to repeat the macro
every 3 or so rounds, I can at least macro my "One-On-One Combat" songs and
my "Safe-to-use AE attacks"

If only they'd work in some way to switch weapons/instruments during these
socials.
/switch Weapon2, Inventory4
/cast 3
/pause 20, /cast 2
/switch Inventory5, Weapon2
..and so on

Of course, what we REALLY need next is LONGER socials for more detailed
macros (to allow for casting and roleplay comments), and MORE SOCIALS. Next
on the list would be another set(s) of hotkey banks.

| *Emote Codes*
|
| The @ symbol has been replaced with a series of %-codes that expand into

BEGGAR MACRO
/point say points at %T and begins to trace an omenous rune in the air
/cast 3 (some spell that gets the hands flaming)
/pause 15, /cast 1 (something useless to cancel first)
/say %R like you have ruined our lands! You'll not ruin mine!
/duel

| - The EverQuest Team

Looks pretty good, overall. Hope it works! )

Aaron Michael Newton

Sep 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/28/00
John C-W <busker...@flashmail.com> wrote:
: - /attack: Will toggle the state of "Auto-attack". You may also add a

: parameter of "on" or "off" to explicitly set the state.

Finally! Thought this was going in almost a month ago.

Now I can at last make a single key to evade instead of having three hot key
strokes.

: - The "R" key (by default) takes you into reply-mode as always, bringing up

: a reply to the last person sending you a /tell. However, you can now TAB
: and SHIFT-TAB to cycle through the last 10 people that have sent you /tells.

Thank GOD!!! The lack of this has annoyed me since I started playing.

-Aaron

--
****
Aaron Newton - fign...@louisville.edu - IRC: FigNewton

Tukka Yoot

Sep 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/28/00

> - NPC corpses level 55 or over will now last 30 minutes before decaying.
> This should help those on large multi-group encounters who need some
> prep-time before looting items.

Cool. I imagine this is a pretty nice change for dragon raids and the
like, although it's looking like I might not ever go on such a raid.

> - The spell "Mark of Karn" has been changed. The recast-time has been
> reduced significantly and the Hitpoint-return is now scaled inversely based
> upon the delay of the weapon. In addition, a hitpoint return will only take
> place when the target is hit with a primary melee weapon, or the primary
> hand if you are unarmed.

Glad to see Verant took a more rational stance on the issue. You
know, I almost think that that the original nerf of the spell was to
"prepare" everybody for this, the real nerf. Do something completely
irrational and objectionable, then implement a less objectionable change
so they can later say "... but we do listen to players sometimes take
action based on their... remember when we changed MoK after everybody
complained?"
Now the spell has simply been nerfed to the point where it is less
powerful than it was, yet still useful in many occasions. This is how
the spell should have been changed in the first place, if at all (and
from what I understand of the spell, some change was warranted.)

> - Some more tradeskill component vendors have been placed within the world
> to make certain tradeskills easier to use in your home town.

Cool. I hope some of them have recipe books though, or respond to
hails and questions about where new recipes can be found. I want to sew
something new, dammit!

> - "AFK" and "LD" status will now be reported above player's heads.

Been wondering if they'd ever implement this one. Good change.

> *Fleeing NPCs*
>
> Last week's patch caused NPCs to flee more than before due to a bug that was
> fixed. After evaluating the situation, we decided to reduce the chance to
> flee, but not to the extent that it was reduced before. NPCs were
> previously much more "brave" than they should have been.
>
> As part of the same change, charmed NPCs also began fleeing when low on
> health. We've determined that this is not a good situation for the players.
> As such, we have stopped charmed creatures from fleeing per player request.

Sounds good. I personally liked the fleeing mobs, although that's
probably because my three highest level characters all have some ability
to snare. :) And also maybe because I haven't done very many dungeons.
But fleeing charmed mobs wasn't a good thing, I'm glad that was fixed.

> *Level 1 Character Purge*
>
> The Level 1 character purge has been completed. All level 1 characters that
> have not been played within the past 30 days have been deleted.

I think I may have lost my gnome wizard in the purge, hehe. Was
thinkin' about making him an erudite anyway.

> *New Server Active*
>
> Tholuxe Paells, a new server open to new characters only, is now active and
> ready for play. Enjoy! As a reminder, /movelog registration will take
> place on Mithaniel Marr and Tunare Friday evening from 6PM to Midnight (PDT:
> GMT-7). Registered characters will be moved to a second new server, Drinal,
> early next week.

If I already didn't have more characters than I have time to play, I'd
start a new character on this server. I'd be interested to see what a
"virgin server" is like. I may start up a character on this server
anyway, if if I don't play him often.

> *Moving and Resizing Windows*
>
> The data windows in the full screen "HUD" mode may now be moved by clicking
> in the upper left-hand corner, moving them to where you want, then clicking
> again. The "spell effect" and "chat" windows can be resized by clicking on
> the lower right-hand corner, dragging to the appropriate size, and then
> clicking again. Coordinates for window locations in each resolution are
> stored in the EQCLIENT.INI file.

Cool. I wonder if I'll bother to change them though, having gotten so
used to the window positions/sizes as they are now. It's something to
fool around with, at least.

> *Bugs with Several Commands Fixed*
>
> We fixed a problem with /book, /sit, and /doability that allowed them to be
> executed at inappropriate times, such as while charmed or feared. They
> should now only function when the native button would have functioned if
> pressed.

Damn, I didn't even get a chance to abuse this! ;)

> - /camp: Causes your character to camp out. You must be sitting to use
> /camp.

I'll probably be using this one. One less screen mode change
necessary.

> - /disband: Will disband you from your current group, or turn down an
> invitation to join another group.

Might use this one too.

> - /invite: Will invite the target into a group, or accept an invitation if
> one is pending.

Might use this one too, except maybe to accept invitations. Typing
"/invite" to join a group might take some getting used to.

> - /attack: Will toggle the state of "Auto-attack". You may also add a
> parameter of "on" or "off" to explicitly set the state.

Doubt I'll use this one, since autoattack is a key-mapped function,
but the addition of the command can't hurt.

> - CTRL-1 through CTRL-8 will cast the spell in the specified spell-slot.

Very cool. I may actually get rid of a few of my spell hotkeys now to
make room for other stuff.

> - ":" (colon: Short for /emote) and "'" (apostrophe: Short for /say) will
> now bring up the chat line in the same fashion as the /-key and ENTER.

Minor, but welcome change.

> - The "R" key (by default) takes you into reply-mode as always, bringing up
> a reply to the last person sending you a /tell. However, you can now TAB
> and SHIFT-TAB to cycle through the last 10 people that have sent you /tells.

Excellent, I've been wanting something like this. Much better than
scrolling up to try to find that person who you were chatting with 20
minutes ago, whose name was 'Luaxsipillion'; or something equally
ridiculous. :)

> *Pauses in Socials*
>
> You may now enter pauses in social batches with the /pause command. /pause
> takes an argument from 1 to 600, with the value being equal to the number of
> tenths of seconds (i.e. /pause 100 will yield a 10 second pause).
>

> Furthermore, you can also use the /pause command on the same line as another
> social by separating the commands with a comma. Even though the pause
> command is specified first, it is executed AFTER the command on the same
> line.

|\|0VV 3y3 h@x0rZ d@ 3Q /\/\@Cr0Z
Seriously though, this is a cool change. It has both practical uses
(/pet stand up... pause 30,/pet follow me) and some more fanciful
uses...

> The @ symbol has been replaced with a series of %-codes that expand into
> various pieces of information, and now works in ALL chat channels (emote,
> say, shout, ooc, auction, group, guild).
>
> The new %-codes are:
>
> %T - Returns the current target.
> %S - Returns the subjective gender-specific pronoun for the target (He, She,
> It).
> %O - Returns the objective gender-specific pronoun for the target (Him, Her,
> It).
> %P - Returns the posessive gender-specific pronoun for the target (His, Her,
> Its).
> %R - Returns the race of the target (only works on Player characters).

Very cool. :) Combined with other recent changes, you can do some
interesting things with custom emotes and these emote commands. For
example:

/cast 1
/pause 20
/kneel say kneels before %T, while speaking mystical words of healing.

What I believe this will do is have you begin casting the spell in
your first memorization slot (a healing spell,) pause a couple seconds,
and then do the "kneel" animation (while you're casting) and, in text,
output "Tukka kneels before Soandso, while speaking mystical words of
healing." Neato. Can't wait to try it out.

Dream King

Sep 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/28/00
"John C-W" <busker...@flashmail.com> wrote:

>I hadn't seen it posted today, so I thought I'd send it in. Now for my
>2cp...
>

>| - Some more tradeskill component vendors have been placed within the world
>| to make certain tradeskills easier to use in your home town.
>

>Ore in Qeynos!?!?

Perhaps. The one I heard mention of previously was having more vendors
added to the Cabilis area since Iksar had nobody to buy snake eggs and
such from.

Dan Harmon

Sep 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/28/00

"John C-W" <busker...@flashmail.com> wrote in message

> - /attack: Will toggle the state of "Auto-attack". You may also add a
> parameter of "on" or "off" to explicitly set the state.

Sometimes I think I should read the oldest messages first. <g> This answers
a later (earlier) question of mine.

John M Clancy

Sep 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/28/00

"John C-W" <busker...@flashmail.com> wrote in message
> September 28th, 7:00am
> ------------------------------
>
> ***Patch Day***
>
> The following changes have been implemented on the production servers as
> part of today's patch:
>
> *General Changes*
>
> - NPC corpses level 55 or over will now last 30 minutes before decaying.
> This should help those on large multi-group encounters who need some
> prep-time before looting items.
> - The item "Woe" has been repaired. If you receive the "Item out of
> charges" message when your "Woe" attempts to fire its spell, please contact
> a GM to trade out the item.
> - The spell "Mark of Karn" has been changed. The recast-time has been
> reduced significantly and the Hitpoint-return is now scaled inversely based
> upon the delay of the weapon. In addition, a hitpoint return will only take
> place when the target is hit with a primary melee weapon, or the primary
> hand if you are unarmed.
> - Some more tradeskill component vendors have been placed within the world
> to make certain tradeskills easier to use in your home town.

Please god let it be Ore in Qeynos and Kaladim!
It has always amazed me there was no ore in Kaladim
a city of Dwarves! They even have a mine in the damn city!

> - "AFK" and "LD" status will now be reported above player's heads.
>
> *Fleeing NPCs*
>
> Last week's patch caused NPCs to flee more than before due to a bug that was
> fixed. After evaluating the situation, we decided to reduce the chance to
> flee, but not to the extent that it was reduced before. NPCs were
> previously much more "brave" than they should have been.

Darn, oh well it was fun while it lasted. Nothing better than nuking
an HG down to 1/4 and then 'closing' in for the kill. ehehehehe.

> As part of the same change, charmed NPCs also began fleeing when low on
> health. We've determined that this is not a good situation for the players.
> As such, we have stopped charmed creatures from fleeing per player request.

duh. Thanks.

> *Level 1 Character Purge*
>
> The Level 1 character purge has been completed. All level 1 characters that
> have not been played within the past 30 days have been deleted.

Hope some of these were mules of all the uber guilds! hee haw! hee haw!

> *New Server Active*
>
> Tholuxe Paells, a new server open to new characters only, is now active and
> ready for play. Enjoy! As a reminder, /movelog registration will take
> place on Mithaniel Marr and Tunare Friday evening from 6PM to Midnight (PDT:
> GMT-7). Registered characters will be moved to a second new server, Drinal,
> early next week.

and I bet it is already at 600 druids and 400 necromancers. =)

People killstealing bats and moss snakes are running rampant!
LOL!

> ***User Interface Changes***
>
> Many UI enhancements were made in today's patch:
>
> *Moving and Resizing Windows*
>
> The data windows in the full screen "HUD" mode may now be moved by clicking
> in the upper left-hand corner, moving them to where you want, then clicking
> again. The "spell effect" and "chat" windows can be resized by clicking on
> the lower right-hand corner, dragging to the appropriate size, and then
> clicking again. Coordinates for window locations in each resolution are
> stored in the EQCLIENT.INI file.

Very cool. Nice to see the interface is joining the 20th century.
Now if we can just get it to the 21st century. =)

> *Bugs with Several Commands Fixed*
>
> We fixed a problem with /book, /sit, and /doability that allowed them to be
> executed at inappropriate times, such as while charmed or feared. They
> should now only function when the native button would have functioned if
> pressed.
>
> *Miscellaneous Additions*
>
> Added the following /-commands:
>
> - /camp: Causes your character to camp out. You must be sitting to use
> /camp.
> - /disband: Will disband you from your current group, or turn down an
> invitation to join another group.
> - /invite: Will invite the target into a group, or accept an invitation if
> one is pending.
> - /attack: Will toggle the state of "Auto-attack". You may also add a
> parameter of "on" or "off" to explicitly set the state.
>
> In addition:
>
> - CTRL-1 through CTRL-8 will cast the spell in the specified spell-slot.
> - ":" (colon: Short for /emote) and "'" (apostrophe: Short for /say) will
> now bring up the chat line in the same fashion as the /-key and ENTER.
> - The "R" key (by default) takes you into reply-mode as always, bringing up
> a reply to the last person sending you a /tell. However, you can now TAB
> and SHIFT-TAB to cycle through the last 10 people that have sent you /tells.

VERY nice changes. These will help me allot. I doing an auction then
getting 5 tells in a row scrolling back to type in everyones name.

> *Pauses in Socials*
>
> You may now enter pauses in social batches with the /pause command. /pause
> takes an argument from 1 to 600, with the value being equal to the number of
> tenths of seconds (i.e. /pause 100 will yield a 10 second pause).
>
> For example, a social consisting of:
>
> /sit off
> /cast 1
> /pause 100
> /sit on
>
> ...would cause you to stand up, cast the spell in slot 1, wait 10 seconds
> after you've STARTED casting the spell, and sit down.
>
> Furthermore, you can also use the /pause command on the same line as another
> social by separating the commands with a comma. Even though the pause
> command is specified first, it is executed AFTER the command on the same
> line.
>
> For example:
>
> /sit off
> /pause 100,/cast 1
> /sit on
>
> ...would have the same effect as the example above. It is important to note
> that the comma can only be used to separate a /pause command from another,
> and MUST be specified first on the line.

The possibilities of commands boggle the mind. =)
Ok how long before someone figures out a way to 'cheat'
and they nerf something?

> *Emote Codes*
>
> The @ symbol has been replaced with a series of %-codes that expand into
> various pieces of information, and now works in ALL chat channels (emote,
> say, shout, ooc, auction, group, guild).
>
> The new %-codes are:
>
> %T - Returns the current target.
> %S - Returns the subjective gender-specific pronoun for the target (He, She,
> It).
> %O - Returns the objective gender-specific pronoun for the target (Him, Her,
> It).
> %P - Returns the posessive gender-specific pronoun for the target (His, Her,
> Its).
> %R - Returns the race of the target (only works on Player characters).
>
> For example, if you have a target of "a gnoll", the following emote:
>
> /point say points at %T indicating that he is ready to kill %O.
>
> ...Your character will execute the "point" animation with a text output of
> "CharacterName points at a gnoll indicating that he is ready to kill it."

Better communication and Role-playing are always welcome. Very cool.

> - The EverQuest Team

All in all some damn nice changes. Glad I am still playing the game.

Deryn Morin

Sep 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/28/00

> I hadn't seen it posted today, so I thought I'd send it in. Now for my
> 2cp...

Yup .. ROFL. I think .. ummm .. the Socials should be 999 lines long and we
can program a whole EQ play session and never have to come near the computer
after the first hotkey click.

On the other hand .. all these new command line capabilities are making a
new game out of EQ .. 'EQMacroTradeskill' - a competition to see who can
make the craziest, or most useful, or most powerful macros, etc.

John C-W

Sep 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/28/00

"Deryn Morin" <de...@earthlink.net> wrote in message ...

| Yup .. ROFL. I think .. ummm .. the Socials should be 999 lines long and
we
| can program a whole EQ play session and never have to come near the
computer
| after the first hotkey click.
|
| On the other hand .. all these new command line capabilities are making a
| new game out of EQ .. 'EQMacroTradeskill' - a competition to see who can
| make the craziest, or most useful, or most powerful macros, etc.

Oh, hell, the last thing I want is to fully automate the game! What I'd
like is the ability to *personalize* the game.

Soandso says "Would you be so kind as to heal me?"
Busker stands and says, "I would be most willing to assist you."
Busker tunes his lute for a moment, pauses, and invites you into his group.
Busker fills the air with the notes of regeneration. You feel refreshed.

This sort of exchange that I'd love to be able to work into my roleplay. I
haven't sought my next level in a month now. I've been working on my
tradeskills, and helping others out. It would be a great change to the game
to allow for such changes.

And, if I *do* find myself in a battle, I would love to be able to minimize
the Carpel Tunnel Syndrom effects of twisting the bards' songs! It's bad
enough to be juggling my instruments/weapons in a fight much less worrying
about the rest.

--
Busker Tootinflute, Bard of the 22nd Missed Note <GM, Stryngs of Ayre>
Smith (50), Brewer (47), Tailor (39), Lush (115)

Taoan, Monk of the Orange Sash, Kitchen Boy (7), Fisher (21), Beggar (6)
Buskerion, Ranger of the 2nd Season (Fletcher, 51)
Druzzil Ro

Bryan Youmans

Sep 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/28/00
> Camp will be handy for when I wish to stay in HUD mode and get out.

I've been able to camp while in HUD mode ever since I got the game... Do you
actually have a problem doing this, or are your hotkey banks just full of
other crap?

Deryn Morin

Sep 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/28/00
Relax.zzzzzzzzzz ... I was just teasing you. I KNOW bards have a propensity
for carpal tunnel. You have my sympathies. I am always impressed by a good
bard! It is a tough class to play well.

However .. I am sure there are whiz kids out there who would love my
'stupid' idea .. it would be their idea of fun.

Come to think of it .. though I certainly have no use for that many lines in
Socials .. maybe it would keep some of the ADHD hackerD00ds busy enough that
they won't be online to KS and hassle others.

I would like a few more Socials though. Have MANY more hotkey slots I could
fill up if the number was not limited to the number of Socials that can be
renamed/remade.

John C-W <busker...@flashmail.com> wrote in message

Dan Day

Sep 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/28/00
On Thu, 28 Sep 2000 14:24:53 GMT, "John C-W" <busker...@flashmail.com> wrote:
>| - Some more tradeskill component vendors have been placed within the world
>| to make certain tradeskills easier to use in your home town.
>
>Ore in Qeynos!?!?

Please oh please oh please oh please oh please let this mean that
there is ore in KALADIM.

I don't know how bad the situation is in Qeynos, but to smith in
Kaladim, you have to zone 8 times (out to BB, then GFay, then
LFay, then Steamfont, then back again) for each load of ore.
Either that, or ride the frigging boat to Freeport and back.

So just smith in Freeport, you say? Sorry, the small molds
necessary to make dwarf or gnome armor aren't available in
Freeport, so that just reverses the problem (now you're
near the ore, but have to go to another continent and back
for the molds).

The only current solution is to go smith in Ak'Anon instead,
(and have to run to the windmills and back for every ore load),
but this is a humiliating thing to make a dwarf do -- the
home city of the dwarves OUGHT to be the finest center of
smithing in the land, instead of the useless joke that it
currently for lack of ore.

I can't recall EVER seeing anyone using the forges in Kaladim,
except for one guy sharpening rusty weapons with sharpening
stones he had bought on a trip to faraway Steamfont.

Aaron Michael Newton

Sep 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/28/00
Dan Day <d...@firstnethou.com> wrote:
: I don't know how bad the situation is in Qeynos, but to smith in

: Kaladim, you have to zone 8 times (out to BB, then GFay, then
: LFay, then Steamfont, then back again) for each load of ore.
: Either that, or ride the frigging boat to Freeport and back.

Wait a sec, you are going through GFay? Isn't all that stuff available in
Kelethin or Felwithe?

: but this is a humiliating thing to make a dwarf do -- the

: home city of the dwarves OUGHT to be the finest center of
: smithing in the land, instead of the useless joke that it
: currently for lack of ore.

Well, that's true... :)

Dark Tyger

Sep 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/28/00
<busker...@flashmail.com> wrote:

>Camp will be handy for when I wish to stay in HUD mode and get out.

...you do realize you can hotkey sit and camp, don't you...? You
didn't have to leave HUD before, either.

--
Dark Tyger, railgun-toting, slightly eccentric kitty kat =^..^=
Change "Tyger" to "half" to email me.

Tallah, 17th level Human Monk | Tanvyn, 16th level DE Enchanter
Zimmer, 4th level Gnome Necro | Liria, 8th level Dwarf Cleric
Rashim, 5th level Halfling Druid | (All on Luclin)

Dark Tyger

Sep 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/28/00
On Thu, 28 Sep 2000 10:53:51 -0400, Tukka Yoot <tu...@prodigy.net>
wrote:

> If I already didn't have more characters than I have time to play, I'd
>start a new character on this server. I'd be interested to see what a
>"virgin server" is like. I may start up a character on this server
>anyway, if if I don't play him often.

I know the feeling. If I can't get my 2 characters on Tunare switched
over tomorrow when the split comes, I'll probably just delete them and
make new ones on this new server. They're only level 7's, anyway.

Dark Tyger

Sep 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/28/00
wrote:

>> - /attack: Will toggle the state of "Auto-attack". You may also add a

>> parameter of "on" or "off" to explicitly set the state.
>
> Doubt I'll use this one, since autoattack is a key-mapped function,
>but the addition of the command can't hurt.

Actually, Aaron pointed out a use I hadn't thought of... Skills which
can be useful in combat but require auto-attack to be off can now be
hotkeyed.

/attack
/Doability 3 (Forage/evade/beg)
/pause 10 (or maybe even just 5)
/attack

Dark Tyger

Sep 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/28/00
On Thu, 28 Sep 2000 13:42:06 -0400, "John M Clancy"
<jmcl...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>Please god let it be Ore in Qeynos and Kaladim!
>It has always amazed me there was no ore in Kaladim
>a city of Dwarves! They even have a mine in the damn city!

I seem to recall Yak mentioning he thought it was odd when someone
brought to his attention that there was no ore in Kaladim when Dwarves
were supposed to be master smiths and miners. He said he'd "look into"
adding a vendor. Sounds promising. No more having to run all the way
to @#$! Steamfont.

Dark Tyger

Sep 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/28/00
<jmcl...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>Better communication and Role-playing are always welcome. Very cool.

I can see it now, though: "Why are Verant wasting their time with
these useless shit changes! They should be fixing <x> and balancing
class <y>!"

John C-W

Sep 28, 2000, 10:24:44 PM9/28/00

"Bryan Youmans" <byou...@mitre.org> wrote in message

| > Camp will be handy for when I wish to stay in HUD mode and get out.
|
| I've been able to camp while in HUD mode ever since I got the game... Do
you
| actually have a problem doing this, or are your hotkey banks just full of
| other crap?

Crap :^)

John C-W

Sep 28, 2000, 10:24:45 PM9/28/00

"Dark Tyger" <dark...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

| On Thu, 28 Sep 2000 14:24:53 GMT, "John C-W"
| <busker...@flashmail.com> wrote:
|
| >Camp will be handy for when I wish to stay in HUD mode and get out.
|
| ...you do realize you can hotkey sit and camp, don't you...? You
| didn't have to leave HUD before, either.

Oh, I realize it, but I can't spare the hotkeys! 8^)

John C-W

Sep 28, 2000, 10:24:45 PM9/28/00

"Dan Day" <d...@firstnethou.com> wrote in message

| Please oh please oh please oh please oh please let this mean that
| there is ore in KALADIM.

I've never even played a dwarf, much less a smithing dwarf, but if only one
city more gets ore I would say it should be Kaladim. Qeynos would be nice,
but Kaladim is just common sense!

Module

Sep 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/29/00
I already didn't have more characters than I have time to play, I'd
> >start a new character on this server. I'd be interested to see what a
> >"virgin server" is like. I may start up a character on this server

No beggars!

At least not for a while, as everyone is having to work for a living
until they can start twinking. Don't want to part with your hard earned
plat.

Tukka Yoot

Sep 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/29/00

> /attack
> /Doability 3 (Forage/evade/beg)
> /pause 10 (or maybe even just 5)
> /attack

Yeah, I didn't realize that one either. Kind of cool. :)

Jeremy Music

Sep 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/29/00
Aaron Michael Newton <amne...@louisville.edu> wrote:
>John C-W <busker...@flashmail.com> wrote:
>: - /attack: Will toggle the state of "Auto-attack". You may also add a

>: parameter of "on" or "off" to explicitly set the state.
>
>Finally! Thought this was going in almost a month ago.
>
>Now I can at last make a single key to evade instead of having three hot key
>strokes.

/attack off
/cast feign death

Beautiful. I can't tell you how many times feign failed because of that.

http://wyld.qx.net/~rezo/Sterling
re...@lords.com

TwoHead

Sep 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/29/00

Ok, but my healer is gonna make one like this if he catches his fighters
foraging or practicing sense heading in battle...

/sit off
/Doability 3 (Forage/sense heading/beg)
/spell 2 (healing type spell)
/sit on

t <EG> h

James W.

Sep 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/29/00
In article <N3TA5.37417$M%3.32...@quark.idirect.com>,

If you attempt to apply Common Sense to the Vision, you will get a
matter-antimatter explosion in your temporal lobe.

--
"Just when I've thought you've said the stupidest thing ever, you keep
talking."

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Dark Tyger

Sep 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/29/00
On Fri, 29 Sep 2000 09:58:53 -0700, TwoHead <t...@2omar2world2.com>
wrote:

>Ok, but my healer is gonna make one like this if he catches his fighters
>foraging or practicing sense heading in battle...

What's wrong with it? Flipping autoattack off and on quick between
swings has no affect on swing delay, as far as I know. So long as you
flip it back on before the attack delay recycles...

TwoHead

Sep 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/29/00
Dark Tyger wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Sep 2000 09:58:53 -0700, TwoHead <t...@2omar2world2.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Ok, but my healer is gonna make one like this if he catches his fighters
> >foraging or practicing sense heading in battle...
>
> What's wrong with it? Flipping autoattack off and on quick between
> swings has no affect on swing delay, as far as I know. So long as you
> flip it back on before the attack delay recycles...

heh, so whats wrong with me doing a bit of skill practice before I heal
then?

It was a joke DT, just a joke.

th

Dan Day

Sep 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/30/00
On 28 Sep 2000 20:28:52 GMT, Aaron Michael Newton <amne...@louisville.edu> wrote:
>: I don't know how bad the situation is in Qeynos, but to smith in
>: Kaladim, you have to zone 8 times (out to BB, then GFay, then
>: LFay, then Steamfont, then back again) for each load of ore.
>: Either that, or ride the frigging boat to Freeport and back.
>
>Wait a sec, you are going through GFay? Isn't all that stuff available in
>Kelethin or Felwithe?

Metal sheets and molds are available in Kelethin, yes. But not
Ore. Nor do I believe can one find Ore in Felwithe.

And Ore is necessary to get the Smithing skill off the ground,
unless one wants to spend close to a thousand plat to do so.
Ore is also necessary in order to make a number of smithed
items which can not be made from metal sheets, such as a file,
skewers, and so on.

Dan Day

Sep 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/30/00
On Thu, 28 Sep 2000 20:20:42 GMT, d...@firstnethou.com (Dan Day) wrote:

>Please oh please oh please oh please oh please let this mean that
>there is ore in KALADIM.

MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!

As of the last patch, one of the vendors down in the mines
in Kaladim now sells ore. Woo hoo! He also now carries an
ordinary Smithy Hammer (the Dwarven Smithy Hammer appeared
there in the previous patch).