Bind Wound Skill

Mike

Jan 23, 2002, 8:43:36 AM1/23/02
I've got an Ogre warrior and want to increase my bind wound skill.My
question is,Do I need INT or WIS to increase this skill faster?I am planning
on going to lavastorm and swimming in lava,then hitting the bank and
patching myself up,to build my skill.

otto

Jan 23, 2002, 9:01:33 AM1/23/02
Which ever of the 2 is higher , i.e if your WIS is 92 and your INT is 91,
your skill increase will be based on WIS.
If your INT is higher then WIS your skill increase will be based on INT,
Only exception is smithing skill,, that can be based on 3 skills, STR,
INT, WIS. Skill increases and success rate are based on what ever is highest
at the time.
Ofcourse with bindwounds there is no success rate, you heal with a
bandage what ever your level+skill is, you will always heal , unlike
smithing skill, you could get a "fail to combine" message, there is no "you
fail to bindwounds" if you get my drift.
Hope this helps

"Mike" <tyc...@woh.rr.com> wrote in message

John M Clancy

Jan 23, 2002, 10:43:08 AM1/23/02

"otto" <omu...@optushome.com.au> wrote in message

> Which ever of the 2 is higher , i.e if your WIS is 92 and your INT is 91,
> your skill increase will be based on WIS.
> If your INT is higher then WIS your skill increase will be based on INT,
> Only exception is smithing skill,, that can be based on 3 skills, STR,
> INT, WIS. Skill increases and success rate are based on what ever is highest
> at the time.
> Ofcourse with bindwounds there is no success rate, you heal with a
> bandage what ever your level+skill is, you will always heal , unlike
> smithing skill, you could get a "fail to combine" message, there is no "you
> fail to bindwounds" if you get my drift.
> Hope this helps

The INT/WIS is only for trade skills. Its INT all the way for regular skills.

--
Go here and click every day:
http://www.thehungersite.com

Jdjarre

Jan 23, 2002, 11:37:28 AM1/23/02

"Mike" <tyc...@woh.rr.com> wrote in message

I got a barb warrior and I started bind wound from the start, (easier to
solo).
My wis is only 70 but by lvl 34 my bind wound was maxed out at 175, which is
as high as it will go til lvl 50. Wis is pretty useless for a War except for
trade skills, but then u could make a high wis char and use that one for
trade skills and just transfer to the war if you need, such as making armor.

sanjian

Jan 24, 2002, 11:06:42 AM1/24/02
"otto" <omu...@optushome.com.au> wrote in message
> Which ever of the 2 is higher , i.e if your WIS is 92 and your INT is 91,
> your skill increase will be based on WIS.
> If your INT is higher then WIS your skill increase will be based on INT,
> Only exception is smithing skill,, that can be based on 3 skills, STR,
> INT, WIS. Skill increases and success rate are based on what ever is
highest
> at the time.
> Ofcourse with bindwounds there is no success rate, you heal with a
> bandage what ever your level+skill is, you will always heal , unlike

You sure about that part? At level 30, with 60 bind wound, I'm binding for
about 30 points.

> smithing skill, you could get a "fail to combine" message, there is no
"you
> fail to bindwounds" if you get my drift.
> Hope this helps

You can move and have the bandaging fail, even if you don't move.

san...@widomaker.com
Order of the Mallet
--

Goodbye to the bewildered yestersday.
This feelign that gushes out.

--Megumi Hayashibara, Sakura Saku

jaZZmanian Devil

Jan 24, 2002, 12:00:33 PM1/24/02
sanjian wrote:

> You sure about that part? At level 30, with 60 bind wound, I'm binding for
> about 30 points.

You may want to go check your logs and verify either your skill or how
much healing you're doing. If the stats are as stated, I believe you'll
find that you are healing 15 per bandage.
--
jaZZ md
- - - -

Thurgadin Quest Armor Guide:
http://myweb.servtech.com/~thegeorg/eq/thurgadin.htm

Joe D

Jan 24, 2002, 4:05:33 PM1/24/02
jaZZmanian Devil <js...@stny.rr.com> wrote:
> sanjian wrote:
>
>> You sure about that part? At level 30, with 60 bind wound, I'm binding for
>> about 30 points.

> You may want to go check your logs and verify either your skill or how
> much healing you're doing. If the stats are as stated, I believe you'll
> find that you are healing 15 per bandage.

One thing I noticed is that sometimes the bind wound gives you the "can't
bind over 50%" message, even when you're less than 50%. I finally figured
out that if you're within one tick's worth of HP regen of 50%, then it will
give you the message.

Joe D
--
SPAM Haiku:
Pink tender morsel,

John M Clancy

Jan 25, 2002, 1:04:18 AM1/25/02

"Joe D" <jo...@cws.org> wrote in message

> jaZZmanian Devil <js...@stny.rr.com> wrote:
> > sanjian wrote:
> >
> >> You sure about that part? At level 30, with 60 bind wound, I'm binding for
> >> about 30 points.
>
> > You may want to go check your logs and verify either your skill or how
> > much healing you're doing. If the stats are as stated, I believe you'll
> > find that you are healing 15 per bandage.
>
> One thing I noticed is that sometimes the bind wound gives you the "can't
> bind over 50%" message, even when you're less than 50%. I finally figured
> out that if you're within one tick's worth of HP regen of 50%, then it will
> give you the message.

Yup that is true.

I also noticed that being a 51 monk with a 202 skill I bind for 82 points which
seems to indicate a different formula than the skill/4 formula for bind wound
below a 201 skill.

Jeff George

Jan 25, 2002, 3:13:34 PM1/25/02
sanjian wrote:

> You can move and have the bandaging fail, even if you don't move.
>
> --
> --

How can you move even if you don't move?

I don't want this anger that's burning in me.
It's something from which it's so hard to be free.
But none of the tears that we cry in sorrow or rage
Can make any difference, or turn back the page.
- David Gilmour
Jeff George, Tunare server

Tom Dillane

Jan 25, 2002, 3:46:25 PM1/25/02

"Jeff George" <jeffge...@DAMNSPAMmsn.com> wrote in message

> sanjian wrote:
> >

> > You can move and have the bandaging fail, even if you don't move.
> >
> > --
> > --
>
> How can you move even if you don't move?
> --

Its a Bug. With my Beastlord, who has a Embalmers Knife, I'll stop count to
three and press bind wounds. 10% of the time it will tell me that Bindwounds
failed because I moved. I'd be pissed if i paid money for bandages.;-)

sanjian

Jan 26, 2002, 8:42:21 PM1/26/02
"jaZZmanian Devil" <js...@stny.rr.com> wrote in message

> sanjian wrote:
>
> > You sure about that part? At level 30, with 60 bind wound, I'm binding
for
> > about 30 points.
>
> You may want to go check your logs and verify either your skill or how
> much healing you're doing. If the stats are as stated, I believe you'll
> find that you are healing 15 per bandage.

I may be off a bit, but not by too much. It's definatly not skill + level,
though.

sanjian

Jan 26, 2002, 8:43:13 PM1/26/02

"Jeff George" <jeffge...@DAMNSPAMmsn.com> wrote in message
> sanjian wrote:
> >

> > You can move and have the bandaging fail, even if you don't move.
> >
> > --
> > --
>
> How can you move even if you don't move?

Most likely geometry shifts

Des Herriott

Jan 28, 2002, 6:35:33 AM1/28/02
On Sun, 27 Jan 2002 01:42:21 GMT, sanjian <san...@widomaker.com> wrote:
> --Megumi Hayashibara, Sakura Saku
> "jaZZmanian Devil" <js...@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
> > sanjian wrote:
> >
> > > You sure about that part? At level 30, with 60 bind wound, I'm binding
> for
> > > about 30 points.
> >
> > You may want to go check your logs and verify either your skill or how
> > much healing you're doing. If the stats are as stated, I believe you'll
> > find that you are healing 15 per bandage.
>
> I may be off a bit, but not by too much. It's definatly not skill + level,
> though.

It's 1 hitpoint per 4 levels of skill. I.e. at 60 skill, you bind for
15 per bandage, at 140 skill you bind for 35. And so on.

--
Des Herriott
des.he...@oracle.com

Richard

Jan 28, 2002, 9:55:32 AM1/28/02
"sanjian" <san...@widomaker.com> wrote in message

> "Jeff George" <jeffge...@DAMNSPAMmsn.com> wrote in message
> > sanjian wrote:
> > >

> > > You can move and have the bandaging fail, even if you don't move.
> > >
> > > --
> > > --
> >
> > How can you move even if you don't move?
>

> Most likely geometry shifts

<snip>

I found myself having a terrible time in bear form one day last week. I
could not cast a spell, it kept getting interrupted. I have not had that
same problem either before or since.

--
Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Shaman of 47 seasons, Erollisi Marr <The
Appointed>

sanjian

Jan 28, 2002, 7:53:41 PM1/28/02
"Des Herriott" <Des.He...@oracle.com> wrote in message

Thanks for the info. Hmm, that really doesn't make it all that useful,
though... 50 points at level 200... which isn't much against a level 39
warrior or pally. 1k HP per stack.... I guess that isn't too bad, though.

san...@widomaker.com
Order of the Mallet
--

Goodbye to the bewildered yestersday.
This feelign that gushes out.
Let's make a regrowing flower blossom.
Memories are always a sweet place to run away.
But let it go to live for tomorrow.
The time for celebration will come, with both hands extended.
Both hands raised.

--Megumi Hayashibara, Sakura Saku

Davian

Jan 29, 2002, 12:48:10 AM1/29/02

> "Des Herriott" <Des.He...@oracle.com> wrote in message
> > On Sun, 27 Jan 2002 01:42:21 GMT, sanjian <san...@widomaker.com> wrote:
> > > --Megumi Hayashibara, Sakura Saku
> > > "jaZZmanian Devil" <js...@stny.rr.com> wrote in message

> binding
> > > for

> you'll
> > >
> > > I may be off a bit, but not by too much. It's definatly not skill +
> level,
> > > though.
> >
> > It's 1 hitpoint per 4 levels of skill. I.e. at 60 skill, you bind for
> > 15 per bandage, at 140 skill you bind for 35. And so on.
>
> Thanks for the info. Hmm, that really doesn't make it all that useful,
> though... 50 points at level 200... which isn't much against a level 39
> warrior or pally. 1k HP per stack.... I guess that isn't too bad, though.

The formula changes at high levels. At 200 +, my warrior is curing over 80
points per bandage. Counting med time he can heal faster than a 56 Ranger.

sanjian

Jan 29, 2002, 7:31:32 PM1/29/02
"Davian" <dav...@mindspringNOSPAM.com> wrote in message

> The formula changes at high levels. At 200 +, my warrior is curing over
80
> points per bandage. Counting med time he can heal faster than a 56
Ranger.

Now, that changes the game a bit.

Patrik Henriksson

Feb 1, 2002, 10:51:51 AM2/1/02
My then lvl 10 Erudite Wizard, twinked with int stuff to a total Int of 167,
was grouping with my friends'
Ogre warrior with an Int of 60. I started at 0 Bind Wound skill and she had
6 skill and also at lvl 10.
After adventuring together for 1 lvl for her and 1.5 for me we had both
healed her after fights i had maxed my
bind wound skill (60) while she was at a skill of 28.
So yes intelligence does indeed affect skillgain in bind wound skill.

--

-----
Hikanur Jernarm [Phoenix Arise] of Rodcet Nife