Happy Mage

Henry J Arkenfarker

Sep 28, 2001, 5:46:18 PM9/28/01
I was passing thu South Karana with my mage, when waaay off in the
distance I saw the shadow of a griffon. I thought this was wierd
because I didn't think there were griffs in SK. Anyways, I took a
little venture over to check it out just as Quillamane(!) killed a
druid who was attempting to kite him.

Quillamane then preceded to shread the south spire group, a shaman
dropped, then as he was beating on a ranger, he sent me a tell and
asked me to help. So I did. And I unloaded on old Quill.

To my suprise, I got the kill! He dropped the cloak, I told them what
dropped, and they said grats and essentially let me loot it. I was
giddy! Replaced my gossimer shoulders, and now I'm perma leved.

Everyone says how easy the epic is after get Quill's cloak. I
wouldn't think this is the hardest part of the epic, I'm thinking the
hardest part would be Isle 7 in Plane of Air. But I'm only 31 so
dunno.

A mage with epic, is truely an uber mage.

Chef Groovy
ICQ: 1529949

John Hua

Sep 29, 2001, 12:22:37 AM9/29/01

"Henry J Arkenfarker" <chefg...@eprf.tzo.com> wrote in message

: A mage with epic, is truely an uber mage.

Congrats... I've killed ol Quilly three times now and only got the stupid
feathered leggings.

Drooling over the epic pet too.

John

Jam

Sep 29, 2001, 5:32:06 AM9/29/01

Gratz.

--
Hesten Gnyffa
Level 36 druid

Vladesch

Sep 29, 2001, 3:58:41 AM9/29/01
Ive spent ages in SK over my various chars, and only seen/tracked quill
once. (got the cloak too). Maybe air is harder, but finding quill is a huge
time committment.

prozac

Sep 29, 2001, 12:39:44 PM9/29/01
quillmane's cloak is the most boring of all the mage epic camps. the plane
of air, provided you assemble a strong raid force that is willing to take
out a saturday/sunday just to be in sky and is committed to going to that
island.... is really not *that* hard. again, assuming that you have the
raid force and levels and gear and appropriate classes, you should be able
to get through bee island, which is arguably the hardest island in sky.
also, the crowns can be traded and sold, so it can always be purchased.

imho, the hardest part is the earth staff. random three day spawn, still a
uncommon/rare drop off the magi p'tasa... on the server i am on, there are
about nine magicians who just have earth staff left. i think that says
something as to the rarity and difficulty of obtaining one...

fortunately, i was able to remove myself from that list a few weeks ago :)
uubober is quite nice, yes...