Any of you guys play on Veeshan?

Brat

Jun 26, 2001, 4:40:22 PM6/26/01
How bad is CT? Do they steamroll as much as I've heard? I got sucked into a
web board discussion and cannot believe how rude some of the people are
there...

Dream King

Jun 26, 2001, 4:48:21 PM6/26/01
"Brat" <br...@portalofevil.com> wrote:

Well I think that's your problem. EQVault isn't a true representation
(in my opinion) of the actual goings on. People there are bored at work
and like to flame and get involved in things they have no idea about.
Hence the name FlameVault. Anyway I saw their responses on the thread
and most of the people being "rude" to you aren't even in CT.

Brat

Jun 26, 2001, 5:12:07 PM6/26/01
<shrug>

Just seemed a bit overboard for someone posting an opinion...

If you're going to flame me for it...at least have the decency to type
something intelligent and thought out...instead of a string of obscenities
and stupidity...

I went there because someone told me that although it was a flamefest...it
was a good place for information on the drawbacks of uber guilds as compared
to smaller guilds...I read several threads and was pretty much disgusted
with what someone was saying and stated my opinion...all the sudden I get a
string of obscenities from people telling me because I don't play on their
server...that I don't have an opinion...

If that's the best they can do when it comes to flaming...rofl....that's not
flaming...that's just saying all the words they got spanked for as children.

My apologies if I offended you Dream King...I'm sincerely interested in
what's going on. As a necro, I often solo...and I tend to get steamrolled a
lot and then told that because they had more people there...that it was
there mob. I've also had mobs taken away from me while grouped because while
we were buffing up after camping the mob and killing all the PH's...they
walked in...killed the mob and said it was theirs because we weren't ready.

I was curious to see how they were going to handle that situation...I
probably should have kept my mouth shut but seeing what xana...whatever his
name was was saying...well...it really pissed me off.

"Dream King" <morp...@cent.com> wrote in message

Ed Bradley

Jun 27, 2001, 4:09:53 AM6/27/01

Brat wrote in message ...

Yeah I play on Veeshan and they are every bit as bad as their rep. The two
most recent incidents of note were at Trakanon and Ragefire.
At Trakanon, my guild and another were buffing at the bridge, having killed
the Protector and with a monk feigned in the lair. Xanupox led a CT force
straight past these people and KSed Trakanon. He claimed he was in his right
to do this because someone had told him 3 hours previously that Trak wasn't
up, and thus nobody was heading to the lair. He also claimed after speaking
to one of the two guilds on the raid that they didn't have enough to kill
Trak, as they only had 16 in zone, completely ignoring the fact that another
guild had a similar number there. Which of course he knew because the CT
raid had to run past the 30+ people doing their final buffs. To top THAT
off, after getting nailed on the above points (ie if you pull the Lair, Trak
is yours. Anything else is a KS) he claimed it _wasn't_ a KS because we
'hadn't engaged the mob'. As though rules designed to settle derv-camp
squabbles apply to Trakanon...
Ragefire was similar. Another Veeshan guild had camped Ragefire for 2-3
days. He popped and they were bringing another group or 2 into the lair for
the kill. Xanupox (note the theme?) led a group into the lair and simply
told a CT cleric to turn in the pearl, pretty much ignoring the other guild.

Now Veeshan has a history of being pretty hardcore. No calendars, little
co-operation, first-in-force claims the mob/zone/whatever. This has pretty
much been boiled down to 2-3 good groups in place and the rest incoming
fast, in order to make a claim that most people will respect. Except CT of
course. They are the biggest guild in terms of sheer numbers on Veeshan.
They have in INCREDIBLE inferiority complex regarding their laughable
"rivalry" with Fires of Heaven. They are renowned for containing huge
numbers of inept players (CT it is said stands for Constant Trains or
Clueless Twats instead of Celestial Tomb). They are more renowned for
crowing about their great prowess in game yet their only tactic is the zerg
rush ie. They recently bragged of downing Hoshkar in 10 seconds. With 60
people including about 12 Wizards. They regularly use 60+ to fight Cazic
Thule and similar mobs.

It's hard to think of a guild with a lower reputation. Problem is they are
so large and have such a bunker-mentality I can't see the problem going away
as long as their leaders are such assholes. A lot of guilds operate a
no-cooperation policy towards CT. Some have gone as far as to actively
harass them which, while obviously a bit naughty, has been hilarious. Such
as the feigned monk handing a Glowing Black Sword (procs dispel on
_wielder_) and a Velium Swiftblade (50% haste) to Cazic Thule shortly before
CT were to fight him (referred to as the SuperMechaCazic incident).

So there you go. I love to start the day with a rant :)

Dream King

Jun 27, 2001, 9:41:02 AM6/27/01
"Ed Bradley" <brad...@sdreams.co.uk> wrote:

>Yeah I play on Veeshan and they are every bit as bad as their rep. The two
>most recent incidents of note were at Trakanon and Ragefire.
>At Trakanon, my guild and another were buffing at the bridge, having killed
>the Protector and with a monk feigned in the lair. Xanupox led a CT force
>straight past these people and KSed Trakanon. He claimed he was in his right
>to do this because someone had told him 3 hours previously that Trak wasn't
>up, and thus nobody was heading to the lair. He also claimed after speaking
>to one of the two guilds on the raid that they didn't have enough to kill
>Trak, as they only had 16 in zone, completely ignoring the fact that another
>guild had a similar number there. Which of course he knew because the CT
>raid had to run past the 30+ people doing their final buffs. To top THAT
>off, after getting nailed on the above points (ie if you pull the Lair, Trak
>is yours. Anything else is a KS) he claimed it _wasn't_ a KS because we
>'hadn't engaged the mob'. As though rules designed to settle derv-camp
>squabbles apply to Trakanon...
>Ragefire was similar. Another Veeshan guild had camped Ragefire for 2-3
>days. He popped and they were bringing another group or 2 into the lair for
>the kill. Xanupox (note the theme?) led a group into the lair and simply
>told a CT cleric to turn in the pearl, pretty much ignoring the other guild.

Well I'll agree on the Trak incident. However I'll have to disagree on
Ragefire.

>Now Veeshan has a history of being pretty hardcore. No calendars, little
>co-operation, first-in-force claims the mob/zone/whatever. This has pretty
>much been boiled down to 2-3 good groups in place and the rest incoming
>fast, in order to make a claim that most people will respect. Except CT of
>course. They are the biggest guild in terms of sheer numbers on Veeshan.
>They have in INCREDIBLE inferiority complex regarding their laughable
>"rivalry" with Fires of Heaven. They are renowned for containing huge
>numbers of inept players (CT it is said stands for Constant Trains or
>Clueless Twats instead of Celestial Tomb). They are more renowned for
>crowing about their great prowess in game yet their only tactic is the zerg
>rush ie. They recently bragged of downing Hoshkar in 10 seconds. With 60
>people including about 12 Wizards. They regularly use 60+ to fight Cazic
>Thule and similar mobs.
>
>It's hard to think of a guild with a lower reputation. Problem is they are
>so large and have such a bunker-mentality I can't see the problem going away
>as long as their leaders are such assholes. A lot of guilds operate a
>no-cooperation policy towards CT. Some have gone as far as to actively
>harass them which, while obviously a bit naughty, has been hilarious. Such
>as the feigned monk handing a Glowing Black Sword

I'm pretty sure you can't trade while feigned. The thing is that Iksar
are non-kos to Cazic so all that person had to do was run over to Cazic
and give him the items.

Brat

Jun 27, 2001, 12:14:05 PM6/27/01

"Ed Bradley" <brad...@sdreams.co.uk> wrote in message

> Yeah I play on Veeshan and they are every bit as bad as their rep...

This is pretty much what I gathered. I read both sides of the story and no
matter how I looked at it...it just seemed that CT was wrong on both counts.
Most likely because xanapox's arguement was so childish and self righteous.
I really should have kept my mouth shut but when I saw him start whining
because FoH did the exact same thing to him, I just couldn't stop myself. My
bad...I apologized and walked away. This was very useful for me...although
our guild is small...we're all starting to hit the high lvl's at the same
time and are looking forward to bigger raids and ubermobs. Whether it be
just our guild of 20-25, or joining up with another guild to get the job
done. Now I know that we need to start looking for some type of calendar or
organization for our server, so this doesn't happen to us.

thx info

GP

Jun 28, 2001, 2:47:49 PM6/28/01
their