Some questions about Enchanters

Mark Coltman

Sep 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/5/99
Hi all

I am starting a new character for the adventure this can bring and I am
concidering being an enchanter, but before I do a few questions, so as to
establish what it takes to be a good enchanter and to see if the play style
will suit me and to find that our now instead of playing many levels first.
Comments from anyone appreciated but mostly looking for input from someone
who has played an Enchanter to a reasonably high level.

1) Is the class of Enchanter broken?

2) Are they pure grouping class, or can I solo say upto lvl20 on those
nights I can only play for an hour, so no time to find a group?

3) Are there any good Ench web sites?

4) Is jewellry making the best trade for an enchanetr to take up?

5) What other trade is a good one for them?

6) What race makes good enchanters ?

7) WHere is the right place to put my base points when creating my
character ?

8) Does religion play a noticable part, if so which God should I go with?

9) Has an Enchanter ever got to the PoF ?

10) If not is there a reason why they cant get there?

11) Do groups want enchanters, or will I struggle to find a group?

12) How are they at later levels (ie post 30)?

13) What of thier spells is broken, or dont bother buying?

14) Is their main damage from weapons or spells ?

15) Is it a hard class to play, survive?

16) Any initial advise for a newbie Enchanter?

17) Are there any good Enchanter quests, that work?

18) How important is Charisma on the success of your spells?

19) If I get the spell "look like a DElf" does that mean I can just wander
into Neriak and buy stuff off of merchants without being KoS?

20) HOw long do the illusions last?

THats all I can think off, lots I know but I would be most appreciative for
any feedback, if you have the patience!!

Thank you all in advance for your help,

Mark

soj

Sep 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/5/99
1) Is the class of Enchanter broken?

No, in fact many consider them gods.

2) Are they pure grouping class, or can I solo say upto lvl20 on those
nights I can only play for an hour, so no time to find a group?

Soloing is possible, but after you get clarity groups will be fighting
for you.

3) Are there any good Ench web sites?

Probably, I don't have any urls

4) Is jewellry making the best trade for an enchanetr to take up?

Well you do have a natural monopoly in it.....

5) What other trade is a good one for them?

No idea

6) What race makes good enchanters ?

Erudite, High Elf, Gnome, and Dark Elf will all do, but IMHO High Elf
makes the best choice because of high cha.

7) WHere is the right place to put my base points when creating my
character ?

All possible points into INT, any remaining points into CHA

8) Does religion play a noticable part, if so which God should I go
with?

When using illusion spells, npcs can still tell what your relgion is, so
if you are an enchanter who worships tunare, casts illusion dark elf and
then try to walk in neriak, you will be KOS, but if you are agnostic you
will be amiable with the guards and accepted easily, agnostic is by far
the best choice.

9) Has an Enchanter ever got to the PoF ?

probably

10) If not is there a reason why they cant get there?

The PoF is impossible for every class now, not just encs

11) Do groups want enchanters, or will I struggle to find a group?

They will be fighting for you, encs can lower magic resistance, cast
clarity (mana regen), buff int and wis, and a lot of very useful things
and make the perfect wizard compliment.

12) How are they at later levels (ie post 30)?

Very good

13) What of thier spells is broken, or dont bother buying?

not known

14) Is their main damage from weapons or spells ?

Spells

15) Is it a hard class to play, survive?

Not really

16) Any initial advise for a newbie Enchanter?

Don't summon your pet in a zone you aren't going to fight in, you'll
waste the tiny dagger.

17) Are there any good Enchanter quests, that work?

No idea

18) How important is Charisma on the success of your spells?

Very

19) If I get the spell "look like a DElf" does that mean I can just
wander
into Neriak and buy stuff off of merchants without being KoS?

read religion post

20) HOw long do the illusions last?

Until you zone, I think

John Burton

Sep 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/5/99

Mark Coltman wrote in message <7qtasj$da8$1...@lure.pipex.net>...

>Hi all
>
>I am starting a new character for the adventure this can bring and I am
>concidering being an enchanter, but before I do a few questions, so as to
>establish what it takes to be a good enchanter and to see if the play style

Just make one and see what you like. Discovering which character is for
you and how to play them is the best part of the game.

rscot...@my-deja.com

Sep 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/5/99
In article <7qtasj$da8$1...@lure.pipex.net>,
"Mark Coltman" <gi...@dial.pipex.com> wrote:

> 1) Is the class of Enchanter broken?

No more so than any other class. This was not necessarily true in
the past.

> 2) Are they pure grouping class, or can I solo say upto lvl20 on > >>
> those
> nights I can only play for an hour, so no time to find a group?

Both. I made it to 21 mostly soloing.

> 3) Are there any good Ench web sites?

Yes. You can find it as a link from any of the better EQ sites.

> 4) Is jewellry making the best trade for an enchanetr to take up?

Best in what sense? You do have an advantage with the enchant series
of spells but keep in mind there will be plenty of other enchanters
doing the same.

> 5) What other trade is a good one for them?

None more so than any other. Perhaps smithing? IF they ever let
us enchant metals?

> 6) What race makes good enchanters ?

I'm a gnome and don't feel jipped. But Erudites have hi int which
gives you more mana.

> 8) Does religion play a noticable part, if so which God should I go >
> with?

Seeing as your illusions spells are practically useless without being
an agnostic, id say go with agnostic.

> 11) Do groups want enchanters, or will I struggle to find a group?

No more so than any other spell caster. Wizards are in higher demand
it seems.

> 13) What of thier spells is broken, or dont bother buying?

The illusion line of spells is mostly useless. Even if you ARE an
agnostic. Illusion tree is completely useless. Whirl till you hurl
is currently not to useful. Bind sight is not incredibly useful.
There are probably a couple more, but you can find them at the
enchanters websites.

> 14) Is their main damage from weapons or spells ?

Spells. But enchanters aren't really a *damage* sort of class.

> 15) Is it a hard class to play, survive?

Yes. Seeing as you aren't a damage sort of class. Everything will
be tricky but doable.

> 16) Any initial advise for a newbie Enchanter?

Don't be afraid to ask for help. THis goes for all classes.

> 17) Are there any good Enchanter quests, that work?

The only one that is worth a damn is the Stein quest. It is my
guess that it was put in there to justify the illusion line of
spells. Other than this quest, they don't yield you much.
Last I checked the regen ability the troll illusion gives you is
non-existant.

> 18) How important is Charisma on the success of your spells?

Mostly for charm, and maybe for mesmerize, otherwise not really
important.

> 19) If I get the spell "look like a DElf" does that mean I can just
wander
> into Neriak and buy stuff off of merchants without being KoS?

Except for the religion. And if you've killed lots of dark elfs then
your faction may well be too low as well. Its not an instant disquise
as you may hope.

> 20) HOw long do the illusions last?

5 minutes or so. Or until you zone. You will need to have an escape
route planned if you are in a dangerous place. And lag will surely kill
you if it happens at the wrong time.

---ralph

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Wade Stuart

Sep 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/5/99
WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!!!!

you are sposed to start a druid or shaman or a necro. Don't you know anything!
Enchanters are worthless NOBODY starts any other classes except for druids,
shamans or necros. Read brads messages if you don't belive me.

=)

Mark Coltman wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I am starting a new character for the adventure this can bring and I am
> concidering being an enchanter, but before I do a few questions, so as to
> establish what it takes to be a good enchanter and to see if the play style

NBarnes

Sep 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/5/99
Mark Coltman wrote:

> 1) Is the class of Enchanter broken?

Broken how? Enchanters work fine. Enchanters are, debatably, the
most powerful class in EQ, if that's what you mean.

> 2) Are they pure grouping class, or can I solo say upto lvl20 on
> those nights I can only play for an hour, so no time to find a group?

Enchanters aren't the greatest solo class, but they do get a pet, so
they manage. It takes a little planning, usually, but you can get
by.

http://eq.castersrealm.com/ Lots of _great_ info here.

> 4) Is jewellry making the best trade for an enchanetr to take up?

That's a hard question. None of the trades, except perhaps
jewelry-making and smithing, are overwhelmingly useful. And smithing
is doubtfully useful on an established server, since you'll always be
a step behind the more experienced smiths. However, jewelry is in
great demand, usually. All the enchanters I know experience a lot of
demand for the high-end items. Don't expect that for a while, though,
the low-end stuff isn't very useful, by and large. All the other trade
skills are for making the occasional quest item (Bog Juice, anyone?)
and fun; they are not practical money or item makers.

> 6) What race makes good enchanters ?

Any of the races that can be enchanters make decent ones. Erudites
have the highest intelligence and thus the most mana, but total mana
is less important to enchanters, who get Clarity (mana regen), and
erudites are night-blind (_seriously_ blind, not just hard to see).
Gnomes have better intelligence than high elves, but high elves have
a serious charisma advantage. I'd play a high elf, but I'm biased.

> 7) WHere is the right place to put my base points when creating my
> character ?

If you're min-maxing, probably all into intelligence, then any left
overs into either agility (for extra running speed and dodges) or
charisma (for better charms). If you're not min-maxing, it doesn't
matter as much; nobody asks you where your base points are when you
join a group, and nobody can tell.

> 8) Does religion play a noticable part, if so which God should I go > with?

The Illusion: Race spells have a religion aspect to them; they don't
hide it. Dark elves hate high elves. Dark elves hate worshippers of
Tunare. If you play a high elf enchanter of Tunare and cast Illusion:
Dark Elf, you'll look like a dark elf, but the dark elf guards can
still tell what religion you are and will kill you.
If you choose the Agnostic religion, then nobody cares about your
religion and you can Illusion: Foo your way around Norrath.

> 9) Has an Enchanter ever got to the PoF ?

I'm sure that one has, multiple times. High level enchanters are
very powerful and very useful to a group, so I'm sure that they've
been to Fear.

> 10) If not is there a reason why they cant get there?

Nobody goes to Fear now, it's too tough. When Verant notices that
Fear is deserted night after night and retune it downward, I'm sure
that enchanters will be among the people going back.

> 11) Do groups want enchanters, or will I struggle to find a group?

Smart players love enchanters. Especially once you get to lvl 29
and get Clarity; spellcasters will start to worship you in exchange
for hits of Clarity.

> 12) How are they at later levels (ie post 30)?

Excellent. Pets, crowd control, Clarity, massive buffs and debuffs,
and some burn (not much).

> 13) What of thier spells is broken, or dont bother buying?

Check eq.castersrealm.com. They have excellent spell lists, with
occasional commentary by readers.

> 14) Is their main damage from weapons or spells ?

Enchanters are not a damage class. If you want to deal damage, take
a magician or a druid or a monk. Enchanters get by, but mostly they
make their friends better and their enemies worse and then let their
friends kill their enemies.

> 15) Is it a hard class to play, survive?

Harder than, say, a wizard. Enchanters have a lot of different spells
and a lot of judgment calls have to be used with respect to choosing
which spells to memorize and when to cast which spells.

> 16) Any initial advise for a newbie Enchanter?

Um... kill mobs. Don't die. Learn how your pet works; it's your
best ally, especially at low levels.

> 17) Are there any good Enchanter quests, that work?

Only the Glowing Stein, really, and you don't want to worry about
that quite yet....

> 18) How important is Charisma on the success of your spells?

I've heard that charisma has a fairly substantial effect on your
charm spells. Charm spells are generally parlor tricks without real
utility, but they are really cool and occasionally helpful parlor
tricks.

> 19) If I get the spell "look like a DElf" does that mean I can just
> wander into Neriak and buy stuff off of merchants without being KoS?

See 8)

> 20) HOw long do the illusions last?

Beats me.

NBarnes

Mark Lagace

Sep 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/5/99
Mark Coltman wrote:

> 1) Is the class of Enchanter broken?

You will definately think so as you see resist after resist for your
damage spells and debuffs, but in reality they are a very playable
class. In reality, I say enchanters get their spells too early. For
example, you get color flux at level 1, but I only really started using
it at level 14 or so. Now I can't live without it...

> 2) Are they pure grouping class, or can I solo say upto lvl20 on those
> nights I can only play for an hour, so no time to find a group?

You will definately enjoy yourself more in a group, but for those levels
where you get a new set of spells (and a new pet) you are a viable solo
class. Level 7, 11, 15, 19 are harder to solo since your pet is so much
lower level then you are (and I really don't use Charm except while
grouped...)

> 3) Are there any good Ench web sites?

http://eq.castersrealm.com is by far the BEST class specific web page
out there. It used to be enchanter only and they are adding the other
casters slowly to it.

> 4) Is jewellry making the best trade for an enchanetr to take up?

Don't bother with it until you are high level (or have TONS of cash).
You will not make a profit until you have dropped at least 200pp into
practicing it (or you have LOTS of time to sit and auction silver
jewelry that nobody wants anymore).

> 5) What other trade is a good one for them?

As an enchanter you start with high INT and high CHA, which helps for
any trade skill. Pick whatever you like.

> 6) What race makes good enchanters ?

I play an Erudite, but I would say a min-max person would find a High
Elf a better choice. You can play a dark elf if you want to be evil.

> 7) WHere is the right place to put my base points when creating my
> character ?

INT and CHA. You don't need anything else - believe me. I don't think
I've .
TAKETHIS <19990905120437...@ng-fo1.aol.com>
From: satan...@aol.com (culture slut)
Newsgroups: alt.music.manics
Subject: Re: The 4-real incident: how it really happened
Date: 05 Sep 1999 16:04:37 GMT

>another brilliant post from the guy that brought you.... erm.... the long
>conversations with natalie and haz :-)
>but anyway, I didn't write this so thats ok.
>I'm just posting it.
>Because its funny. Well I thought so.
>
>THE FULL INTERVIEW BETWEEN STEVE LAMACQ AND THE MANICS IN FULL FULLY HERE:
>
>JAMES, SEAN, RICHEY, NICKY & STEVE ARE BACKSTAGE AT SOME GIG SOMEWHERE OR
>OTHER
>STEVE: Hi, I'm NME journalist Steve Lamacq
>MANICS: Hi
>STEVE: So, I like your new single, "Motown Junk"
>JAMES: Yeah, it's about...
>RICHEY: The way, y'know, everyone tries to cover up the little things and we
>really hate that.
>NICKY: Yeah.
>[RICHEY stares at STEVE in a scary way]
>JAMES: Er... yeah.
>[Sean goes out]
>STEVE: Tell us about why you're hunting for a major label deal.
>JAMES: We want money
>[RICHEY stares scarily at JAMES]
>RICHEY [to STEVE]: It's because we want our message to be put across to as
>many people as possible. The level of corruption on an indie label is the
>same as at, say EMI just on a smaller scale.
>NICKY: Yeah. Also, we think indie labels smell. Like Freddy Mercury. He
>smells too.
>STEVE: He's just died.
>NICKY: That makes it more contraversial. The audience smelled of willies
>tonight.
>STEVE: Please stop your contraversial outbursts, Nicky.
>NICKY: Oooh New Kids on the Block are all puffs!
>RICHEY: A point which we play on, we want everyone to think we're puffs
>NICKY: Yeah. Sorry, I didn't mean to be homophobic. We're all gay, you see.
>JAMES: Er.... yeah.
>[SEAN comes in with a Sega Game Gear]
>SEAN: Mumble mumble
>JAMES: Me and Sean are off for a bit of fun
>SEAN: What?
>[JAMES drags SEAN out of the room]
>NICKY: I'll join them, its more fun with three,
>STEVE: Where are they going?
>RICHEY: To play Columns multi-player. Now look into my eyes.
>STEVE: What? No!!
>RICHEY: You know you want to.
>STEVE: oookay.... what about the integrity of the band...? Are you for
>real?
>RICHEY: Oh, no, we just play for laughs. I'm off to play Sonic 2, wanna join
>me?
>STEVE: Yeah, sure.
>[RICHEY trips up]
>RICHEY: Aaah I've just landed on a load of nails which have coincidentally
>caused "4 REAL" to be carved into my arm!!
>STEVE: Hey, now that looks like an idea for a story.....
>RICHEY: Heck, you're right.....
>
>And that's what really happened. Truthfully.

* stay beautiful *

Chad

Sep 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/5/99

Mark Coltman <gi...@dial.pipex.com> wrote in message

> Hi all
>
> I am starting a new character for the adventure this can bring and I am
> concidering being an enchanter, but before I do a few questions, so as to
> establish what it takes to be a good enchanter and to see if the play
style
> will suit me and to find that our now instead of playing many levels
first.
> Comments from anyone appreciated but mostly looking for input from someone
> who has played an Enchanter to a reasonably high level.

I'm 18th and read ALOT of stuff, I wouldn't consider my stuff an expert
opinion but relatively knowledgable.

> 1) Is the class of Enchanter broken?

Heck no, enchanters rule.

> 2) Are they pure grouping class, or can I solo say upto lvl20 on those
> nights I can only play for an hour, so no time to find a group?

Enchanters can do EITHER. And my god, are they POWERFUL in groups. You will
be doing very little direct damage, but the not-so-direct things you can do
will save a party's life. Pull 6 monsters? No problem, back up, AE mez,
party only has to fight one at a time (If the group knows what it's doing).

> 3) Are there any good Ench web sites?

http://eq.casterslrealm.com Worship this site. It is the ultimate enchanter
site.

> 4) Is jewellry making the best trade for an enchanetr to take up?

Depends, it's a fun enchanter

> 5) What other trade is a good one for them?

Smithing and baking are the only two trades (to my knowledge?) that you can
make a profit off of.

> 6) What race makes good enchanters ?

I chose gnome and doing well, in hindsight I probably should of chosen high
elf for charisma.

> 7) WHere is the right place to put my base points when creating my
> character ?

Most into int, rest into charisma

> 8) Does religion play a noticable part, if so which God should I go with?

Pick agnostic.

> 9) Has an Enchanter ever got to the PoF ?

no clue.

> 10) If not is there a reason why they cant get there?

Not that I'm aware of.

> 11) Do groups want enchanters, or will I struggle to find a group?

Alot of groups seem to be unaware of an enchanter's power. Try 'showing off'
a few of your spells and it shouldn't be too hard.

> 12) How are they at later levels (ie post 30)?

From what I understand, wonderful.

> 13) What of thier spells is broken, or dont bother buying?

I would get every spell. Allmost EVERY spell has a use in one case or
another

> 14) Is their main damage from weapons or spells ?

Their main damage should be their PARTY MEMBERS, who they're keeping alive,
and strong, by strengthing their party and weakening their enemies.

> 15) Is it a hard class to play, survive?

No more so than any other class.

> 16) Any initial advise for a newbie Enchanter?

Your power is NOT damage dealing. Your power is crowd control, debuffs, and
to some extent, buffs.

> 17) Are there any good Enchanter quests, that work?

The glowing stein quest. Hail Gregor Nasin in the bar by the docks in east
freeport.

> 18) How important is Charisma on the success of your spells?

Not sure on this one.

> 19) If I get the spell "look like a DElf" does that mean I can just
wander
> into Neriak and buy stuff off of merchants without being KoS?

3 things determine your 'base' faction. These are: Race, Class, Diety.
Agnostic people are welcome 99% of the places. Good races aren't welcome in
dark races' cities, and vice versa. Same for classes. Illusion changes the
'race' part of your base faction. As long as your class (Enchanter,
shouldn't be a problem, considering there can be darkelf enchanters), and
diety (Agnostic, hopefully) aren't reason for you to be killed off, you
should be allright. Also, not, that this is your BASE faction. If you've
killed alot of crushbone orcs, or darkelves, expect to be killed the same as
if you were a darkelf and did this.

> 20) HOw long do the illusions last?

At early levels, not all that long, but by the time you hit 10-12, more than
long enough. You CAN cast under illusions, and just recast when you see the
icon blink.

ed

Sep 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/6/99

Mark Coltman <gi...@dial.pipex.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> I am starting a new character for the adventure this can bring and I am
> concidering being an enchanter, but before I do a few questions, so as to
> establish what it takes to be a good enchanter and to see if the play
style
> will suit me and to find that our now instead of playing many levels
first.
> Comments from anyone appreciated but mostly looking for input from someone
> who has played an Enchanter to a reasonably high level.
>
> 1) Is the class of Enchanter broken?

Nope they are fine

> 2) Are they pure grouping class, or can I solo say upto lvl20 on those
> nights I can only play for an hour, so no time to find a group?

Considered group, but I could solo high blues at level 24 and was still
killing
yellow cons with ease at level 17.

> > 3) Are there any good Ench web sites?

eq.castersrealm.com

> 4) Is jewellry making the best trade for an enchanetr to take up?

So many jewellers out there now, maybe if you started on a new server you
might make a profit. Personally I took it up to make things my self and
friends.

Don't expect great profits from this skill, you will fail lots. Maybe in
the end you will but so far it has taken around 1300pp to reach skill
100.

> 5) What other trade is a good one for them?

Any, high charisma will make a lot viable.

> 6) What race makes good enchanters ?

Any personally I play human, people will always say that high int should be
most important for a pure caster. Cant say I agree for an enchanter I
hardly use much mana for fights. But if you take up the role of the nuker
enchanter yes high int will be important and go with erudite.

Don't worry about infra at lvl 4 you get illusion half elf.

> 7) WHere is the right place to put my base points when creating my
> character ?

Depends on the class you pick goto eq.castersrealm.com and look at there
creation guides.

> 8) Does religion play a noticable part, if so which God should I go with?

Yes pick agnostic.

> 9) Has an Enchanter ever got to the PoF ?

Yup

> 10) If not is there a reason why they cant get there?

Only at the moment, but a who all 50 will show no one goes there.

> 11) Do groups want enchanters, or will I struggle to find a group?

For any tank - Faster attacks, str, ac buffs, level 29 Augmentation so
called our first uber buff and with good reason : )

Casters - Buffs to help casters comes much later level 29 - Clarity

Any group - We are the masters of crowd control with memory blur, mez line
Also mob debuffs, weaken line, slow there rate attack
down.

Go to web site I suggested if you want to see spell descriptions

> 12) How are they at later levels (ie post 30)?

Stronger and stronger

> 13) What of thier spells is broken, or dont bother buying?

Never used whirl line, but hopefully these will get looked at one day.
Apparently they were great but verant nerfed them to the point that they are
now useless.

> 14) Is their main damage from weapons or spells ?

Pet with spell buffs and debuffs

> 15) Is it a hard class to play, survive?

Nope in fact with memory blur and mez you should never die at early levels.

> 16) Any initial advise for a newbie Enchanter?

Learn how to use mez
Learn how your pet behaves

> 17) Are there any good Enchanter quests, that work?

Glowing stein only, could be changed by the time you get there though

> 18) How important is Charisma on the success of your spells?

Who knows wish they would give an answer on this one. Personally I have 130
but I couldn't say whether it helps me or not. I don't get many resists at
all but do enchanter with a lower cha?

> 19) If I get the spell "look like a DElf" does that mean I can just
wander
> into Neriak and buy stuff off of merchants without being KoS?

If your agnostic, oh yeah illusions go on zoning, incredibly bad programming
but oh well. Use invis to make sure your safe before recasting illusion.

> 20) HOw long do the illusions last?

5 mins or so

> THats all I can think off, lots I know but I would be most appreciative
for
> any feedback, if you have the patience!!
>
> Thank you all in advance for your help,
>
> Mark

Edam

Byumlee

Sep 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/6/99
Subject: Re: Some questions about Enchanters
From: soj <s...@nospam.home.com>
Date: Sun, 05 September 1999 05:14 AM EDT

>1) Is the class of Enchanter broken?

>No, in fact many consider them gods.

They're not gods, I've played one to level 50. From level one to 29 expect
people to not know what your class does. An enchanter's strength is as a
support class. Our specialty is crowd control, short term buffs, and debuffs.
All great and good, but this means you're good at the support part, but not as
good at the kill part. From 30 and up, expect caster heavy groups to want you
due to clarity. From 30 to 40, people will know how to complement your
abilities to varying degrees. After 40, people will know how to gorup with
you. This is due to the fact that
A. Enchanters are one of the least played classes in the game
B. their abilities are harder to describe and more subtle than any other
caster class.

They are not a god class though. They really only excel in larger groups,
their abilities really stand out then, and really only after you get
mesmerization. Level 24 i believe, which is a really strng spell in a 5 man
or 6 man group. The class is designed for effectiveness in full groups, as
groups get smaller they are less effective. I think only the bard is better in
a 6 man group than an enchanter.

>2) Are they pure grouping class, or can I solo say upto lvl20 on those
>nights I can only play for an hour, so no time to find a group?

>Soloing is possible, but after you get clarity groups will be fighting
>for you.

Soloing is possible, however we are the weakest caster solo class. . Other
than clerics everyone soloes better. Shamans druids necros magicians. Only
argument would be over wizzy's, but they can kite way better than us.

3) Are there any good Ench web sites?

Probably, I don't have any urls

>4) Is jewellry making the best trade for an enchanetr to take up?

>Well you do have a natural monopoly in it.....

Expect to sink 8k in order to reach the point where time invested is worth the
plat you make. Got 8k plat to spend, then it is worthwhile. Or, you could
just spend the 8k on the stuff you wnated initially. Everything before high
end gold stuff is a cash sink. You'll fail so much at making jewellery until
you get skill 180 that you end up losing money only less gradually.

5) What other trade is a good one for them?

No idea

6) What race makes good enchanters ?

Erudite, High Elf, Gnome, and Dark Elf will all do, but IMHO High Elf

makes the best choice because of high cha.

7) WHere is the right place to put my base points when creating my
character ?

All possible points into INT, any remaining points into CHA

8) Does religion play a noticable part, if so which God should I go
with?

When using illusion spells, npcs can still tell what your relgion is, so

if you are an enchanter who worships tunare, casts illusion dark elf and
then try to walk in neriak, you will be KOS, but if you are agnostic you
will be amiable with the guards and accepted easily, agnostic is by far
the best choice.

9) Has an Enchanter ever got to the PoF ?

probably

10) If not is there a reason why they cant get there?

The PoF is impossible for every class now, not just encs

11) Do groups want enchanters, or will I struggle to find a group?

>They will be fighting for you, encs can lower magic resistance, cast

>clarity (mana regen), buff int and wis, and a lot of very useful things
>and make the perfect wizard compliment.

This person has a decent but not comlete understanding of how are class is
perceived. You have to wait 29 levels to get clarity, it won't be till level
30 that people realize that you are casting a MR debuff. It is an elsuive
class.

12) How are they at later levels (ie post 30)?

Very good

13) What of thier spells is broken, or dont bother buying?

not known

14) Is their main damage from weapons or spells ?

Spells

15) Is it a hard class to play, survive?

Not really

16) Any initial advise for a newbie Enchanter?

Don't summon your pet in a zone you aren't going to fight in, you'll
waste the tiny dagger.

17) Are there any good Enchanter quests, that work?

No idea

18) How important is Charisma on the success of your spells?

Very

19) If I get the spell "look like a DElf" does that mean I can just
wander
into Neriak and buy stuff off of merchants without being KoS?

read religion post

20) HOw long do the illusions last?

>Until you zone, I think

They wear off before you zone. Dunno how long. Might range not certain.

Glass Rome

Sep 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/9/99
I read this thread with great interest. I have thought about making an
enchanter as well. My question after reading the posts to this thread is about
charming. I have seen from verant that enchanters are the masters of charm,
yet none of the higher level players mentioned this as being a very important
part of their play style. One person mentioned in passing he would charm a mob
when in a group.

My questions are: is charm usefull?, can a player have a pet and a charmed
mob simultaneously (the evil eyes in beholder do this).

Thanks

rscot...@my-deja.com

Sep 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/10/99
In article <19990909120238...@ng-fd1.aol.com>,

glas...@aol.com (Glass Rome) wrote:
> I read this thread with great interest. I have thought about making
an
> enchanter as well. My question after reading the posts to this thread
is about
> charming. I have seen from verant that enchanters are the masters of
charm,
> yet none of the higher level players mentioned this as being a very
important
> part of their play style. One person mentioned in passing he would
charm a mob
> when in a group.

Well. I am a mid level 20s enchanter right now. I use charm in a
group because the charm WILL fail and then the mob will be out for
blood and an enchanter can't stand up to those creatures by themselves.

Charm has its benefits. But it IS confusing. If you are fighting a
group of 5 bears and you charm one, how is your wizard friend supposed
to know which one it is so that he doesn't waste mana trying to zap
it? Furthermore, the charmed creatures will attack your party members
and they won't be able to hit back. You have to watch it like a hawk.
You will be able to stop the pet from attacking your buddies, but it
won't be like your normal animation pet in that you will have to keep
track of it.

> My questions are: is charm usefull?, can a player have a pet and a
charmed
> mob simultaneously (the evil eyes in beholder do this).

The second question is a NO.

Sood

Sep 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/10/99
What are some of the things one could do when the charm wears off?
Can you root your own charmed pet before the charm wears off, then
break the charm, then summon an animation to help combat the now aggro
mob? Or can you "refresh" the charm by casting it after every fight?

On Fri, 10 Sep 1999 10:35:48 GMT, rscot...@my-deja.com wrote:

>Well. I am a mid level 20s enchanter right now. I use charm in a
>group because the charm WILL fail and then the mob will be out for
>blood and an enchanter can't stand up to those creatures by themselves.
>
>Charm has its benefits. But it IS confusing. If you are fighting a
>group of 5 bears and you charm one, how is your wizard friend supposed
>to know which one it is so that he doesn't waste mana trying to zap
>it? Furthermore, the charmed creatures will attack your party members
>and they won't be able to hit back. You have to watch it like a hawk.
>You will be able to stop the pet from attacking your buddies, but it
>won't be like your normal animation pet in that you will have to keep
>track of it.

Sood
High Elf Enchanter
Innoruuk

rscot...@my-deja.com

Sep 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/11/99
In article <37d90995...@news.mbnet.mb.ca>,

dst...@NEVERSPAM.unitedgrain.ca (Sood) wrote:
> What are some of the things one could do when the charm wears off?
> Can you root your own charmed pet before the charm wears off, then
> break the charm, then summon an animation to help combat the now aggro
> mob? Or can you "refresh" the charm by casting it after every fight?

Never tried root the charmed pet. Might work. If the former-pet is
on you then you may never get a successful cast off. If you do then
mezmerize would be a good bet. You would probably never get off a
gate or animation with the mob on you. You might be able to recharm
as well. I don't usually refresh the charm, the pet is usually a
temporary thing which we kill for experience once it has served its
purpose.