dungeons

Paul Botts

Mar 27, 2002, 11:31:19 PM3/27/02
Anybody seen (or have) a complete list of all the zones where the
new XP bonuses apply?

--
=============
This post was from Paul Botts: pr...@spamlessattbi.com

Rhand Kinslayer

Mar 28, 2002, 4:49:08 AM3/28/02
"Paul Botts" <pr...@attbispamthis.com> wrote in message

> Anybody seen (or have) a complete list of all the zones where the
> new XP bonuses apply?

Pretty much every zone where SoW doesn't work and things green out at max
lvl 35-40 or so :)

For the old world I'd guess:
Warrens
Runnyeye
Unrest
SolA
Befallen
Upper Guk
High Keep

Doubtcases:
Mistmoore
Splitpaw

Might forget a few, but on www.eqatlas.com there are some nice overviews of
the levelranges for zones. Anything which isn't an aparent outside zone is
probably a dungeon (Unrest and KC are considered Dungeons afaik).

--
Rhand Kinslayer
56 mage Antonius Bayle

Jennaii

Mar 28, 2002, 6:02:06 AM3/28/02
go to eqatlas.com and type "experience bonus" in the "search site" spot.

>Anybody seen (or have) a complete list of all the zones where the
>new XP bonuses apply?

"This time: gonna do it RIGHT!" -- Bob Seger
Jennaii

Sparkup

Mar 28, 2002, 8:55:54 AM3/28/02

"Rhand Kinslayer" <nos...@kill.com> wrote in message

> "Paul Botts" <pr...@attbispamthis.com> wrote in message
> > Anybody seen (or have) a complete list of all the zones where the
> > new XP bonuses apply?
>
> Pretty much every zone where SoW doesn't work and things green out at max
> lvl 35-40 or so :)
>
> For the old world I'd guess:
> Warrens
> Runnyeye
> Unrest

Unrest is an outdoor zone, sow does work, but I think there still is an xp
bonus there.

> SolA
> Befallen
> Upper Guk
> High Keep
>
> Doubtcases:
> Mistmoore

Mistmoore is also an outdoor zone

> Splitpaw

> Rhand Kinslayer
> 56 mage Antonius Bayle
> officer of Lowland Elites

Sorry for being a nit-picker :)

--
Koochulainn Krushbones (Paladin of 42nd season) AB
Didju Spillmahpint (Bard of 23rd Season) AB

VJF

Mar 28, 2002, 7:52:48 PM3/28/02
I believe Dalnir has one anjd eqatlas does not say that it does, so im not
sure how correct a search on eqatlas will do for ya. It will give you some,
but don't use it as the final word on exp bonus zones.

It would be a better idea to compose one here and have people add to it that
are SURE that there is one....ie...Dalnir

Paul Botts

Mar 29, 2002, 12:13:30 AM3/29/02

"Sparkup" <spa...@ireland.com> wrote in message

> "Rhand Kinslayer" <nos...@kill.com> wrote in message
> > "Paul Botts" <pr...@attbispamthis.com> wrote in message
> > > Anybody seen (or have) a complete list of all the zones
where the
> > > new XP bonuses apply?
> >
> > Pretty much every zone where SoW doesn't work and things
green out at max
> > lvl 35-40 or so :)
> >
> > For the old world I'd guess:
> > Warrens
> > Runnyeye
> > Unrest
>
> Unrest is an outdoor zone, sow does work, but I think there
still is an xp
> bonus there.

This is the kind of answers (debates, guesses) that I already
have from discussions in the game. I'm looking for a verified
list.

Eqatlas, I should note, is provably inaccurate on the question of
what is and isn't an outdoor zone or a dungeon. In some cases
just doesn't address the point. Eqatlas doesn't directly address
the new exp bonuses at all, but I wouldn't expect it to, they are
only a week old.

So....I guess we gotta start building such a list.

Please reply here with a report of any zone which you believe
from your _own_ play has a new exp bonus from the recent major
patch. No secondhand reports, please -- just firsthand testing
based on having spent time in that zone both before and after the
patch. If you aren't completely sure, that's fine, just say so;
the important thing is firsthand experiences only. If you think
you know somebody who has tested a zone for this, get that person
to report their own results here, rather than report them
secondhand yourself.

I'll tabulate the responses, summarize them, and post that back
to the newsgroup. Where there isn't clear consensus about a given
zone, I'll note that, and perhaps that will inspire further
testing to clarify it.

I could send the list we generate to everlore and eqatlas and
other website moderators too, if they are interested. Ought to be
useful to players.

David Navarro

Mar 29, 2002, 3:43:02 AM3/29/02
Paul Botts wrote:

> Please reply here with a report of any zone which you believe
> from your _own_ play has a new exp bonus from the recent major
> patch. No secondhand reports, please -- just firsthand testing
> based on having spent time in that zone both before and after the
> patch. If you aren't completely sure, that's fine, just say so;
> the important thing is firsthand experiences only. If you think
> you know somebody who has tested a zone for this, get that person
> to report their own results here, rather than report them
> secondhand yourself.

I'm pretty sure LOIO has been hit with a negative modifier. Bloodgill
goblins appear to be of a slightly higher level than Frost Giant Scouts
(bloodgills are mostly dark blue to me, with a few light blues, while
Giants are mostly light blue with a few dark blues), and yet my XP bar
seemed to move a lot faster in Great Divide. This has happened to me
twice already, the feeling that my xp is going nowhere at the bloodgill
camp.

--
Hanrahan Thornhide, Human Druid, 49 - Fennin Ro

You say, `Hail, Cthulhu'
Cthulhu eats YOU for 32,000 points of damage.

Annie M. Benson-Lennaman

Mar 29, 2002, 4:21:44 AM3/29/02

Sparkup wrote:

> Unrest is an outdoor zone, sow does work, but I think there still is an xp
> bonus there.

Unrest is an odd-ball zone. SoW does work, but so does shrink. I've cast
both there, something that one would think would not be possible in any zone.

> Sorry for being a nit-picker :)

Sorry for having to set you straight. Well, not really. I'm too happy right
now to be sad about anything.

Annie <--- Gets to live with Lenny again.... and can't wait!

--
Living in the universe known as Drinal
All who are old enough have the last name Benlen

Teashot -- Wood Elf Ranger, 28, Enemy of Rockhoppers.
Tealeef -- Barbarian Shaman, 25, terror of Marus Seru.
Teabomb -- Gnome Wizard, 21, nervous in Stonebrunt.
Teadead -- Human Necromancer, 20, aren't gargoyles supposed to have eyes?
Teaword -- Dark Elf Magician, 14, hurting island sisters.
Teafist -- Human Monk, 12, Dodging the AC in Sro.
Teacure -- High Elf Cleric, 9, queen of the commons.

------
My email has been sabotaged. If you
can't figure out the fake part,
you're not supposed to write me.

fooboy

Mar 29, 2002, 6:59:53 AM3/29/02
"Paul Botts" <pr...@attbispamthis.com> wrote in message news:<_JSo8.154184$702.27878@sccrnsc02>...

> "Sparkup" <spa...@ireland.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Rhand Kinslayer" <nos...@kill.com> wrote in message
> > > "Paul Botts" <pr...@attbispamthis.com> wrote in message
> where the

Befallen. It is an excellent place for the teen-age crowd, and few
people really want to be there. A rogue runs rampant in there! I can't
think of a better rogue zone.

Splitpaw I think, I am still checking. I will go there tonight.

I wonder how it is at the Warrens. That has got to qualify.

I actually prefer dungeon diving. I am eager to see the list.

Andy

Mar 29, 2002, 10:37:56 AM3/29/02
Upper Guk seemed to be giving great exp to my 18 necro - better than pre
patch. Didn't see enough of najena to comment - damn ogre guards lol

TwoHead

Mar 29, 2002, 12:07:39 PM3/29/02
"Annie M. Benson-Lennaman" wrote:

> Sparkup wrote:
>
> > Unrest is an outdoor zone, sow does work, but I think there still is an xp
> > bonus there.
>
> Unrest is an odd-ball zone. SoW does work, but so does shrink. I've cast
> both there, something that one would think would not be possible in any zone.

SoW works outdoors only. Shrink works in dungeons only. Dungeon means
dungeon zone, not necessarily indoor zone. Unrest is an outdoor
dungeon, as are several other zones such as CoM KC and that magical
place called Grieg's End among others. This one thinks it makes sense.

th

Richard

Mar 29, 2002, 12:30:49 PM3/29/02
"TwoHead" <t...@2omar2world2.com> wrote in message

I understand the explanation, but not how anyone could possibly consider
Unrest an outdoor dungeon. CoM and KC I can see, at least part of those are
obviously outside. Grieg's End is really pushing it, but there is at least
one room without a roof in there.

--
Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Mystic of 51 seasons, Erollisi Marr <The
Appointed>

TwoHead

Mar 29, 2002, 12:54:10 PM3/29/02
Richard wrote:

> "TwoHead" <t...@2omar2world2.com> wrote in message

> an xp
> > >
> > > Unrest is an odd-ball zone. SoW does work, but so does shrink. I've
> cast
> > > both there, something that one would think would not be possible in any
> zone.
> >
> > SoW works outdoors only. Shrink works in dungeons only. Dungeon means
> > dungeon zone, not necessarily indoor zone. Unrest is an outdoor
> > dungeon, as are several other zones such as CoM KC and that magical
> > place called Grieg's End among others. This one thinks it makes sense.
> >
> > th
>
> I understand the explanation, but not how anyone could possibly consider
> Unrest an outdoor dungeon. CoM and KC I can see, at least part of those are
> obviously outside. Grieg's End is really pushing it, but there is at least
> one room without a roof in there.

Well a zone is either indoor/outdoor and dungeon/nondungeon. Unrest is
a zone of an outdoor nature which is also a zone which contains a
dungeon. Seems pretty clear once you realize that the indoor/outdoor
part has nothing to do with the dungeon/nondungeon part even though its
pretty natural to think of them together. Just to make you think harder
about it, did you know Skyshrine is an outdoor zone? <g> I've got good
faction there and have wandered extensively. Don't recall ever seeing
the sky but it must be there somewhere <G>.

th

Annie M. Benson-Lennaman

Mar 29, 2002, 1:23:30 PM3/29/02

TwoHead wrote:

> SoW works outdoors only. Shrink works in dungeons only. Dungeon means
> dungeon zone, not necessarily indoor zone. Unrest is an outdoor
> dungeon, as are several other zones such as CoM KC and that magical
> place called Grieg's End among others. This one thinks it makes sense.

Oh. Well, when you put it like that, I suppose it does. So SoW isn't the
acid test spell to tell if you're in a dungeon or not, Shrink is. Learning more
every day.

Annie <--- Still feels like a newb.

TwoHead

Mar 29, 2002, 1:31:52 PM3/29/02
"Annie M. Benson-Lennaman" wrote:

> TwoHead wrote:
>
> > SoW works outdoors only. Shrink works in dungeons only. Dungeon means
> > dungeon zone, not necessarily indoor zone. Unrest is an outdoor
> > dungeon, as are several other zones such as CoM KC and that magical
> > place called Grieg's End among others. This one thinks it makes sense.
>
> Oh. Well, when you put it like that, I suppose it does. So SoW isn't the
> acid test spell to tell if you're in a dungeon or not, Shrink is. Learning more
> every day.

Exactly, SoW or wolf form will tell you if you are indoors or outdoors,
shrink will tell you if you are in a dungeon. Well unless you count the
shrink potions which work anywhere. Sure wish SoW potions worked the
same way <G>.

th

Richard

Mar 29, 2002, 2:53:53 PM3/29/02
"TwoHead" <t...@2omar2world2.com> wrote in message

Oh, I understand that distinction completely, I just don't see Unrest as an
outdoor zone, given that it is all completely indoors.

TwoHead

Mar 29, 2002, 2:56:21 PM3/29/02
Richard wrote:
> Oh, I understand that distinction completely, I just don't see Unrest as an
> outdoor zone, given that it is all completely indoors.

You thinking of the same Unrest that has an open outdoor area around a
big house? Wondering if you have another zone in mind cause that whole
outdoor area outside the house is an outdoor area <g>.

th

Richard

Mar 29, 2002, 3:32:02 PM3/29/02
"TwoHead" <t...@2omar2world2.com> wrote in message

You know, it's been so long since I've been in some of those areas, no I was
thinking of that Unrest that starts with a B and is off of WC. I'm always
getting those two confused.

Grieg's on the other hand, what I remember of it was all indoors, except for
one room that had to roof.

Valien

Mar 29, 2002, 3:55:11 PM3/29/02
>You know, it's been so long since I've been in some of those areas, no I was
>thinking of that Unrest that starts with a B and is off of WC. I'm always
>getting those two confused.

Heheh that's Befallen.

You are probably confused, because the mobs in there complain when you
"disturb their rest".

Unrest is off of Dagnor's Cauldron on Fedwer (sp)

<------(--o
Valien Stillwater
Disciple of the 53rd Drunken Bout
Brother of the Lost Circle
<Elementals of Tomonari>
Innoruuk
o--)------>

"[He] lacks the wit and understanding of irony that separates cantankerous from crackpot."
- - Arolpin

TwoHead

Mar 29, 2002, 4:16:46 PM3/29/02
Richard wrote:
> You know, it's been so long since I've been in some of those areas, no I was
> thinking of that Unrest that starts with a B and is off of WC. I'm always
> getting those two confused.
>
> Grieg's on the other hand, what I remember of it was all indoors, except for
> one room that had to roof.

I had a feeling that was the issue with Unrest. As for Greig's, many of
the rooms have open ceilings and there are a few areas with no ceiling
at all. Well that is to say, so far as I know hehe. I think there are
large parts of that zone I have not been in and some of the areas I was
in I was running for my life so didn't have time to look up <g>.

th

Richard

Mar 29, 2002, 4:27:45 PM3/29/02
"TwoHead" <t...@2omar2world2.com> wrote in message

I only looked up in one room that I can recall in Grieg's, so I can't speak
for any of the others. I have only been there the one time, and did get a
chance to see quite a bit of it, but I don't really know how much more there
was to see yet.

A Shelton

Mar 29, 2002, 7:43:35 PM3/29/02
fooboy <you_will_not_e...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Paul Botts" <pr...@attbispamthis.com> wrote in message news:<_JSo8.154184$702.27878@sccrnsc02>...
>> "Sparkup" <spa...@ireland.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Rhand Kinslayer" <nos...@kill.com> wrote in message
>> where the

> Befallen. It is an excellent place for the teen-age crowd, and few
> people really want to be there. A rogue runs rampant in there! I can't
> think of a better rogue zone.

Nooooooo!

Befallen is the, number one, sucky dungeon in the game. Very boring
architecture since it's just a bunch of ruined rooms. It's got no
character or spectacle to it. Go to Black Burrow for something far
more exciting.

Add a very sharp transition in levels of the mobs, necromancer DOT's
which are very mean at that level, small rooms containing multiple
foes and *both* key system and pit traps and I would avoid like the
plague unless you have a full and balanced group.

> Splitpaw I think, I am still checking. I will go there tonight.

> I wonder how it is at the Warrens. That has got to qualify.

> I actually prefer dungeon diving. I am eager to see the list.

--
--------------+ (Goddamn windows shareware & clueless IT jerks).
Apparently I'm insane, but I'm one of the happy kinds. (dilbert)

Also responsible for the Anime Meta-Review page (600+ reviews).
http://www.serc.rmit.edu.au/~ashelton/anime/

Saranas

Apr 2, 2002, 6:50:58 AM4/2/02

"TwoHead" <t...@2omar2world2.com> wrote in message

Don't know about the other servers but on Fennin Ro they have revamped
Befallen and added quite
a few new mobs in there

Saranas Stormwanderer
44 Gnome Wizard