PoF a disappointment

Hammerthorpe

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
Two days ago I got the chance to join a group with 5 people
from the guild "Seekers of Norrath" in PoF. They needed a cleric.
I was excited because I have just been to Lower Guk mostly before.
It was safe they said because they had cleared everything 11 hours
before and now things were about to spawn again soon.

I joined them and stayed in PoF for 7 hours.
During those hours I learned a few things...

1) ASSHOLES can level to 50
2) IDIOTS can level to 50

It was a big mess, the lag was huge with 40+ people moving around
and casting. I also learned that

3) There is nothing for a cleric in PoF! Just some +wis belt .
that isnt much better than a Reed belt.

Sometimes there was a text with Cazic Thule, which mostly ended with
someone being randomly insta killed. What a joke!
Once 4 people died that way in less than a minute.

The fights were totally unorganized and the tanks were hitting on the
mesmerized mobs.
When some rares dropped there were naked players powerlooting the goodies.

I left the place with anger and I won't go back there again.

/Hammerthorpe lvl 50 cleric of Fennin Ro

Author Lau

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
> 1) ASSHOLES can level to 50
> 2) IDIOTS can level to 50

ASSHOLES always level to 50
IDIOTS always level to 50

Joseph M Leonard

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
Hammerthorpe (h...@hej.com) wrote:
: Two days ago I got the chance to join a group with 5 people

: from the guild "Seekers of Norrath" in PoF. They needed a cleric.
: I was excited because I have just been to Lower Guk mostly before.
: It was safe they said because they had cleared everything 11 hours
: before and now things were about to spawn again soon.

"Seekeres of Norrath"... that is your problem.

Whenever Mythic Legion, Judean People's Front, or Valorous Union are
involved, there is none of that power-looting cry baby non-sense. Plus
SoN didn't even break the plane, it was Shining Force that broke it
because apparently they are the only guild on the server that knows HOW
to break it. Which, apparently involves borderline exploitive tactics
including binding inside PoF.

--

Joe
Maelfyn Sinifay 50th ranger Fennin Ro

Joel Weaver

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
On Mon, 13 Dec 1999 10:33:49 +0100, "Hammerthorpe" <h...@hej.com>
wrote:

>Two days ago I got the chance to join a group with 5 people
>from the guild "Seekers of Norrath" in PoF. They needed a cleric.
>I was excited because I have just been to Lower Guk mostly before.
>It was safe they said because they had cleared everything 11 hours
>before and now things were about to spawn again soon.
>

>I joined them and stayed in PoF for 7 hours.
>During those hours I learned a few things...
>

>1) ASSHOLES can level to 50
>2) IDIOTS can level to 50

[snip]

ROFL

I know, you wonder how those people managed to survive for so long
without learning ANYTHING. Maybe eBay deserves the blame for that
one.

Joel Weaver
jwe...@bayou.uh.edu

David Zielinski

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
Author Lau wrote in message <832fe6$sa...@imsp212.netvigator.com>...

>> 1) ASSHOLES can level to 50
>> 2) IDIOTS can level to 50
>
>ASSHOLES always level to 50
>IDIOTS always level to 50

Hmm, maybe I should quit at 25 then? Uh huh, whatever.

DzA00

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
yeah dont go back bro. plane of hate is the place for u, the clerics of innoruk
drop ethereal mist armor. hehe yeah cazic is fuked up, he randomly harm
touches( kills in one shot) someone no matter where he is, its random and
verant put it in just to make the pof scarier.

Randy Stoller

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
leon...@lessing.oit.umass.edu (Joseph M Leonard) wrote in
<3854...@oit.umass.edu>:

>"Seekeres of Norrath"... that is your problem.
>
>Whenever Mythic Legion, Judean People's Front, or Valorous Union are
>involved, there is none of that power-looting cry baby non-sense. Plus
>SoN didn't even break the plane, it was Shining Force that broke it
>because apparently they are the only guild on the server that knows HOW
>to break it. Which, apparently involves borderline exploitive tactics
>including binding inside PoF.

Jealousy and stupidity... that is your problem.

Once the power-looting cry babies exited the plane, the groups that
remained consisting of mostly Seekers and mature players efficiently and
smoothly dispatched with the entire zone finishing with the first
successful Cazic kill in months on Fennin Ro. This couldn't have been
accomplished without the cooperation of everyone there and the absence of
those who cause problems by training or causing arguments. I don't see how
any of the above mentioned guilds are able to prevent people who cause
problems to come along any more than we are.

As for breaking the plane, you've got a convenient memory loss there in
regards to the many times Seekers has broken it and had other guilds
follow. This we do without binding in the zone, although I'm not sure
whether I'd call that exploiting or not. We as a guild typically avoid
interfering in other guild's expeditions, so if Shining Force starts to
break fear we do not interfere.

Get informed about subjects you wish to reply to, and you won't appear so
ignorant.

And Hammerthorpe, it's too bad you left.. not too long after you left, the
troublemakers did. Cazic Thule dropped Dawnfire, every cleric's dream
weapon. If you had stayed you would have had a chance at getting it.

--
Erusg Erzurum, 50th Wizard, Fennin Ro
Seekers of Norrath

hughes

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
Its not random !! If you break pof and stay awhile you will begin to notice
that your pullers and corpse retrieval experts ( moi ) have a MUCH higher
incidence of being named . Hehe i`ve got a great screenshot of you resist
the cazic deathtouch though.

DzA00 <dz...@aol.com> wrote in article
<19991213220848...@ng-cp1.aol.com>...