Lake of Ill Omen Zone Exp Modifier

Anita

May 10, 2001, 12:19:15 PM5/10/01
Okay, still not convinced that LOIO yields any greater exp than other zones,
did some digging on the 'net. I came across the following page that lists
ShowEQ zone exp data, and is *current*:

http://eqzem.cjb.net/

Interestingly enough, it shows that Lake of Ill Omen has a 0% zone exp
modifier. Now, before someone says "but it's a newbie zone, it has a higher
base exp modifier"...

It also says that LOIO was NERFED on 2/21/01.

To me this means it USED to be higher, and now it's not. I've only been in
LOIO since maybe the end of February, so I think my hunch was right. You
don't
get extra experience for hunting there. Not that it's a bad zone with
plentiful mobs roaming about - but it's not the "be all and end all" of EQ
zones.

Of course, people will still flock there by the hundreds. <sigh>

Anita

SuperSizeMe

May 10, 2001, 1:41:39 PM5/10/01
Interesting note from that link:

>>>Extra note: The recent experience system change has granted 40% extra xp
per kill to hybrids thereby basically eliminating the experience penalty.
But, this modifier is applied AFTER the zone experience modifier, meaning
you get an extra 40% more of this as well. So, for my paladin who gets 133%
experience in Kedge Keep, then an extra 40%, resulting in a 86.2% total
boost. Subtract the 40% hybrid penalty and we're still left with 46.2
percent instead of 33 percent bonus!

Zeppo Marx

May 11, 2001, 10:25:07 AM5/11/01
On Thu, 10 May 2001 12:19:15 -0400, Anita <Jor...@MailAndNews.com>
wrote:

You are right.
When I had my character there in January, I was hunting the bloodgills
under the water starting at lvl 45.
I was able to make it through 45 in about 8 hours, then only 5 hours
each for lvls 46 - 51.
The XP was great. There were threads all over the message boards about
how great this was for the highger levels.
Then the Great Verant decided that we were having too much fun there
and decided to hit it with the Nerf Stick.
Bastards.
Why couldn't they just leave it alone?
What was the big deal?
It is still great XP, just not as good as it was.
Bastards.

Jeremy Music

May 11, 2001, 11:31:27 AM5/11/01
Anita <Jor...@MailAndNews.com> wrote:
>Okay, still not convinced that LOIO yields any greater exp than other zones,
>did some digging on the 'net. I came across the following page that lists
>ShowEQ zone exp data, and is *current*:
>
>http://eqzem.cjb.net/
>
>Interestingly enough, it shows that Lake of Ill Omen has a 0% zone exp
>modifier. Now, before someone says "but it's a newbie zone, it has a higher
>base exp modifier"...
>
>It also says that LOIO was NERFED on 2/21/01.

Sad if it's true, though it's still a great zone to fight in.

Just another example of Verant catering to those who come first and screwing
those who come after. Big surprise.

re...@lords.com

Elliot Williams

May 11, 2001, 9:37:40 PM5/11/01

"Anita" <Jor...@MailAndNews.com> wrote in message

Gee, a stealth nerf, what a shock! I wouldn't have noticed, I haven't
hunted there since December. But, even with the exp the same as other
zones, it is still a great place to hunt. The very thing most people
complain about, the high volume of players, means that a heavily group
dependant class like a Warrior or Rogue is always able to find a group
quickly. In 39 levels, I have never had as easy a time finding a
group. No matter how crowded the zone, there is always a spot for
another group to set up camp.

Anita Lauro

May 12, 2001, 8:11:46 AM5/12/01
"Elliot Williams" <su...@look.ca> wrote in message

> Gee, a stealth nerf, what a shock! I wouldn't have noticed, I haven't
> hunted there since December. But, even with the exp the same as other
> zones, it is still a great place to hunt. The very thing most people
> complain about, the high volume of players, means that a heavily group
> dependant class like a Warrior or Rogue is always able to find a group
> quickly. In 39 levels, I have never had as easy a time finding a
> group. No matter how crowded the zone, there is always a spot for
> another group to set up camp.

I'd be curious what you think of LOIO now, vs six months ago. I think you'd
find that it is possible for that zone to become over-crowded. I *did* find
times where I just camped my monk and played another char because I couldn't
find a place to hunt. Or I had to buy SoW potions so I could "compete" for
mobs. Many of my guildmates in their 20's have moved to WW to hunt because
of the crowding in LOIO. Several friends I made from my barbarian days came
to LOIO, but then headed elsewhere. In off hours it's not so bad, but during
prime time...

Anyhow, at least I know it wasn't my imagination that there wasn't any
experience bonus while I was hunting there! :-)

Anita

John Burton

May 14, 2001, 4:18:25 PM5/14/01
"Anita Lauro" <NOadl...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message

It gets quite crowded on Brell for sure. Now I've got my necro to level 30
I'm
off to find new placed to hunt.