Charmming question

Eq Caster

Aug 23, 2001, 5:58:26 PM8/23/01
Questions for Enchanters if you charm a mob i.e. Hill Giant buff it Sow,
Haste, Strength, Shields, the works. Then give it some fast weapons then
Gate does the mob retain all the buffs. the reason I am asking today my
group been kicking butt in HG Valley we pull this HG and he kicks our butts,
we might as well been newbies. He had a couple whips I think Gnoll hide this
sucker was quick resisted everything we had to double check to see if we
pulled the named HG. This sucker went through a group of 4 mid thirties with
barley a scratch. Still trying to figure out what happened.

Ralph

Aug 24, 2001, 12:53:27 AM8/24/01
Yes, it will keep the buffs.
However, Hill Giants cannot be charmed.
You cannot buff a mob for exactly the reason you just stated. Griefers used
to do that so Verant removed that ability.

Actually, I am surprised Verant did not just buff all the mobs with the
highest buff possible and say the problem was fixed as their way of
"solving" it.
That is their usual method.

"Eq Caster" <None> wrote in message

Shannon

Aug 24, 2001, 2:45:23 AM8/24/01

"Ralph" <ralph...@home.com> wrote in message

> Yes, it will keep the buffs.
> However, Hill Giants cannot be charmed.
> You cannot buff a mob for exactly the reason you just stated. Griefers
used
> to do that so Verant removed that ability.

Um, I do believe that you are wrong, for Hill Giant indeed can be charmed,
do it all of the time in Rathe.

Effexor

Aug 24, 2001, 8:50:56 AM8/24/01

> Actually, I am surprised Verant did not just buff all the mobs with the
> highest buff possible and say the problem was fixed as their way of
> "solving" it.

I agree with Ralph.

Effexor~

no one

Aug 24, 2001, 4:21:18 AM8/24/01
Chanters can charm anything except merchants and certain very high event
NPCs like dragons etc. Hill Giants make good pets. I hink you are mixing it
up with HG's not being able to be mezzed which is the same for all Giants
class other than those in Burning Woods

no one

Aug 24, 2001, 4:19:49 AM8/24/01
Yes, you can charm a mob and buff it to the maximum and then zone, the pet
reverts to being an NPC but has all the buffs on it. Somoene did a very
dirty thing )