Dungeons - Bonus Exp?

Hansel

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00
I remember hearing something about bonus experience while hunting in a
dungeon. Can anyone elaborate? Does it apply to outdoor dungeons?
How can I tell if I'm in an outdoor dungeon, and not just an outdoor
zone?

Hansel & Gretel
Druid and Warrior Halfling Duo
Innoruuk

Dorian Brytestar

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00
No bonus xp for dungeons, unless someone has seen otherwise. I have not heard of
anything stating there was.

--
Dorian Brytestar
Lvl 51 High Elf Vicar of Tunare
"Hansel" <dst...@nospam.com> wrote in message
: I remember hearing something about bonus experience while hunting in a

emerald

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00
well, from what I've seen from personal experience, as well
as talking to friends, you get roughly 25% more xp for mobs
of the same type if they are located within dungeons as
compared to other zones, and I THINK they announced this at
one point, but I'm not sure, so I would kinda like some
clarification on this as well. Anyone?

Jana Moerbe

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00
Well, I seem to get more in Dungeons, but I think that could be because you
can get so many so fast. I know Hill Giants give me crap for experience (And
they are blue and black to me at 35) but the lizards and gators in Cazic
seem to give a LOT more.

--
Saraei VengieCrusher
Shaman of 35 Winters

emerald <ne...@never.land> wrote in message

Richard G.

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00
I have heard awhile back from a former guildmate (who was also a former EQ
Guide) that you receive a 20% exp bonus when in dungeon zones. He didn't
exactly elaborate on that...that's all he told us over the guildchat one
day. I even asked him, "20% bonus of what?" If I kill a decaying skeleton
in Befallen, I got 20% more exp than if i killed it in a newbie zone?
<shrug>

- Grick

Dorian Brytestar

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00
But the crocs in Oasis gave great xp for their level too. Maybe it is just that
reptiles are great xp? =)

--

"Jana Moerbe" <jmo...@datasync.com> wrote in message
: Well, I seem to get more in Dungeons, but I think that could be because you

: can get so many so fast. I know Hill Giants give me crap for experience (And
: they are blue and black to me at 35) but the lizards and gators in Cazic
: seem to give a LOT more.
:
: --
: Saraei VengieCrusher
: Shaman of 35 Winters
: Tunare
:
: emerald <ne...@never.land> wrote in message
: news:8JFP4.9764$g62.1...@news1.rdc1.ab.home.com...
: > well, from what I've seen from personal experience, as well
: > as talking to friends, you get roughly 25% more xp for mobs
: > of the same type if they are located within dungeons as
: > compared to other zones, and I THINK they announced this at
: > one point, but I'm not sure, so I would kinda like some
: > clarification on this as well. Anyone?

: >
: >
: > Hansel <dst...@nospam.com> wrote in message

: >
: >
:
:
:

Nan Wang

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00
Dorian Brytestar <ri...@nospam.com> wrote:
> But the crocs in Oasis gave great xp for their level too. Maybe it is just that
> reptiles are great xp? =)

As are the ones in Cazic Thule. Maybe the better experience makes up for the
fact that they have virtually no loot.

Billy Shields

May 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/3/00
Hansel <dst...@nospam.com> wrote:
: I remember hearing something about bonus experience while hunting in a
: dungeon. Can anyone elaborate? Does it apply to outdoor dungeons?
: How can I tell if I'm in an outdoor dungeon, and not just an outdoor
: zone?

According to the ShowEQ people, the exp you get from monsters is
generally L*L*75 (higher values for level 1-5 monster it seems).
In dungeons that formula generally goes to L*L*80. So yes there
is a slight bonus for kills inside (most? all?) dungeons.

Alasdair Allan

May 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/3/00

emerald <ne...@never.land> wrote in article
<8JFP4.9764$g62.1...@news1.rdc1.ab.home.com>...

> well, from what I've seen from personal experience, as well
> as talking to friends, you get roughly 25% more xp for mobs
> of the same type if they are located within dungeons as
> compared to other zones, and I THINK they announced this at
> one point, but I'm not sure, so I would kinda like some
> clarification on this as well. Anyone?

Bullshit.

In fact, non-dungeon mobs tend to offer slightly more XP than dungeon mobs
(as they should given that they are rarer, and less common).

Both Hill Giants and Greater Kobolds are exactly the same levels (33 to 37)
but a like level Hill Giant will give around 10% more experience than a GK.
This is sensible because Hill Giants hit much harder (therefore more
healing/downtime) and have more HP (therefore more
casting/meleeing/downtime).

--
Alasdair Allan, Ibrox, Glasgow |England - Country where Marx developed
x-st...@null.net | the basis of Communism

Ecwfrk

May 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/3/00
In article <SAIP4.198$yI1....@news.shore.net>, nw...@shore.net says...

> > But the crocs in Oasis gave great xp for their level too. Maybe it is just that
> > reptiles are great xp? =)
>
> As are the ones in Cazic Thule. Maybe the better experience makes up for the
> fact that they have virtually no loot.

There's a bit of spoiler info in my response below, so if you don't want
an idea of the numbers behind the game, don't peek.

Assuming the person hunting them is 1 level below the level of the MoB in
question the Xp for a croc in oasis and the XP for a hill giant is
exactly the same (relatively). The difference is blue Hill Giants are few
and far between and cause a lot of downtime. Blue Crocs are nearly
continuous and cause far less downtime. You kill a lot more in a given
amount of time.
Also a lvl 12 caimen does not give any more or less XP than any other
normal level 12 MoB found anywhere in the game. All blue MoBs use one of
two formulas for XP. One is the higher, rarer dungeon formula. The other
is the standard formula nearly everything follows.
I haven't seen anyone prove the formular for reds, yellows, or evens so I
have no idea how those formulas work.

There are some spoiler sites by people who do or have used ShowEQ that
have the formulas for XP per MoB and there is a slight XP bonus for a few
dungeons. But the bonus is at most 5% (exact amount can be seen on the
spoiler sites) and not even worth trying for in most cases.

Ecwfrk

May 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/3/00
In article <01bfb4f0$c7373ce0$240201c0@dell40>, posthamster@x-
static.demon.co.uk says...

> emerald <ne...@never.land> wrote in article
> <8JFP4.9764$g62.1...@news1.rdc1.ab.home.com>...
> > well, from what I've seen from personal experience, as well
> > as talking to friends, you get roughly 25% more xp for mobs
> > of the same type if they are located within dungeons as
> > compared to other zones, and I THINK they announced this at
> > one point, but I'm not sure, so I would kinda like some
> > clarification on this as well. Anyone?
>
> Bullshit.
>
> In fact, non-dungeon mobs tend to offer slightly more XP than dungeon mobs
> (as they should given that they are rarer, and less common).
>
> Both Hill Giants and Greater Kobolds are exactly the same levels (33 to 37)
> but a like level Hill Giant will give around 10% more experience than a GK.
> This is sensible because Hill Giants hit much harder (therefore more
> healing/downtime) and have more HP (therefore more
> casting/meleeing/downtime).

HAHAHAHAHA

WRONG!!!!

Read my last post to find out why.

The original poster had the bonus inflated quite a bit, but he was right.
The idea that outdoor MoBs give more XP is just moronic.

Alasdair Allan

May 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/4/00
Ecwfrk <ecw...@hotmail.com> wrote

> In article <01bfb4f0$c7373ce0$240201c0@dell40>, posthamster@x-
> static.demon.co.uk says...
> > Both Hill Giants and Greater Kobolds are exactly the same levels (33 to
37)
> > but a like level Hill Giant will give around 10% more experience than a
GK.
> > This is sensible because Hill Giants hit much harder (therefore more
> > healing/downtime) and have more HP (therefore more
> > casting/meleeing/downtime).
>
> HAHAHAHAHA
>
> WRONG!!!!
>
> Read my last post to find out why.

> The original poster had the bonus inflated quite a bit, but he was right.
> The idea that outdoor MoBs give more XP is just moronic.

A level 33 to 37 outdoor mob gives more XP than a level 33 to 37 dungeon
mob. The ShowEQ people published the data, fuckwit!

Sam Schlansky

May 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/4/00
postm...@x-static.demon.co.uk (Alasdair Allan) wrote in
<01bfb4f0$c7373ce0$240201c0@dell40>:

>emerald <ne...@never.land> wrote in article
><8JFP4.9764$g62.1...@news1.rdc1.ab.home.com>...
>> well, from what I've seen from personal experience, as well
>> as talking to friends, you get roughly 25% more xp for mobs
>> of the same type if they are located within dungeons as
>> compared to other zones, and I THINK they announced this at
>> one point, but I'm not sure, so I would kinda like some
>> clarification on this as well. Anyone?
>
>Bullshit.
>
>In fact, non-dungeon mobs tend to offer slightly more XP than
>dungeon mobs (as they should given that they are rarer, and less
>common).
>

>Both Hill Giants and Greater Kobolds are exactly the same levels
>(33 to 37) but a like level Hill Giant will give around 10% more
>experience than a GK. This is sensible because Hill Giants hit
>much harder (therefore more healing/downtime) and have more HP
>(therefore more casting/meleeing/downtime).

This is incorrect.

The formula for mob experience is (level^2)*multiplier. The multiplier for
nearly all outdoor mobs is 75. The multiplier for dungeon mobs varies between
75 and 105. Usually this multiplier is constant within a zone, but in some
cases (casters vs non-casters in mistmoore) it varies.

I don't know exactly what the multiplier looks like in solusek B, but let's
assume it's a very reasonable 80. So, you'd get 92480xp for a level 34 GK.
Compare to 86700 for a level 34 sand giant.

Over time, these multipliers do add up... with overcrowded dungeons it's still
much faster to solo, but this is one of the major reasons why a good group in
an uncrowded zone is the best xp. The others, of course, being the grouping XP
bonus and the much greater capabilities of a well-balanced group. IF it's
uncrowded.

It is also why hill giants are a *bad* source of experience-- they're much too
difficult for their level in both HP (2500+ HP for a lvl 35 mob! The standard
is around 1655!) and melee damage. This is compensated by their loot.

Hint: check out Kedge.

Sam

--

/| Sam Schlansky <sam[at]operation3d[dot]com>
/| I speak for myself only unless noted otherwise.

Sam Schlansky

May 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/4/00
postm...@x-static.demon.co.uk (Alasdair Allan) wrote in
<01bfb5a6$67fe9780$240201c0@dell40>:

(snip)

>A level 33 to 37 outdoor mob gives more XP than a level 33 to 37
>dungeon mob. The ShowEQ people published the data, fuckwit!

Indeed they did, indeed they did.

But you read it wrong.

Ecwfrk

May 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/4/00
In article <8F2A4C257vi...@207.126.101.100>,
s...@deletethis.operation3d.com says...

> he formula for mob experience is (level^2)*multiplier. The multiplier for
> nearly all outdoor mobs is 75. The multiplier for dungeon mobs varies between
> 75 and 105. Usually this multiplier is constant within a zone, but in some
> cases (casters vs non-casters in mistmoore) it varies.

The highest modifier I had heard of being proven was 80 (Ogre guards in
Najena). But anything is possible.
I'd like to see what the modifier in some of the Kunark dungeons is as
many of the MoBs there are tougher for their level and the Iksar have an
XP penalty. Wonder if they offset themselves.
Ahh well. That's a question for one of the "other" boards. Didn't mean to
get into it here.

Ecwfrk

May 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/4/00
In article <01bfb5a6$67fe9780$240201c0@dell40>, posthamster@x-
static.demon.co.uk Pulled his head out of his ass with a loud *POP*
long enough to say...

No, it was right. You're just too stupid to comprehend it.

> > The original poster had the bonus inflated quite a bit, but he was right.
> > The idea that outdoor MoBs give more XP is just moronic.
>

> A level 33 to 37 outdoor mob gives more XP than a level 33 to 37 dungeon
> mob.

You're still wrong. I'm still right.

> The ShowEQ people published the data, fuckwit!

Yes, they did. But they rely on you to be able to comprehend it when they
say "The numbers show that the multiplier in some dungeons is 80 instead
of 75. Most dungeons and all outdoor zones use the multiplier 75."

So, how does it feel to truly be proven a fuckwit?
Hmmm... Maybe we could put it into a fingerpainting you could understand.

Everyone else, here is the true and correct formula for XP quoted from
"The ShowEQ people"

The formula for the amount of XP earned for soloing a blue
creature is: XP = (L * L) * C
An Experience giving green is: XP = ((L * L) * C) / 2

Where:
L = Level of mob being soloed.
C = A number that seems to vary zone by zone. Most
zones are 75, some dungeons are 80.