STUCK!!

May 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/19/99
My barb warrior character is currently stuck in a shaft in Ak'anon. He
went up a ladder, but now he can't go back down. He's too BIG! I tried
for over an hour to get him back down, but no dice. I petitioned during
this whole time, over an hour, no answer. This really bites big time.

I'm posting this so others may learn from it. If you're a big race,
don't go into Ak'Anon except the lower levels. If you go up a ladder
you can get stuck in the shaft. It's clearly a program bug, but it's
causing me a big problem.

I'm going to petition this again later, and I hope a GM will answer
this time. There are not enough GMs, pretty obvious. There were less
than 400 people on the server during the hour I was petitioning. How
many petitions could there be out there?

Getting claustrophobic -

Korz - Barb Warrior on Innoruuk

Guardian23

May 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/19/99
I always check before sending out a petition with /who gm all (or /who all
GM). I have heard that the GM's can and often do Hide themselves from that
search, but at least if you don't see any you can at least assume that there
is not any online and not feel ignored.

What lvl is your barb? did you try to just jump off?

He may be able to take the damage from falling.

--
Dorian Brytestar
22nd lvl. High Elf Cleric
J <jeuge...@conknet.com.NOSPAM> wrote in message

Scrub

May 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/19/99
I was in Befallen yesterday, and accidently walked inside a huge
boulder in the middle of a room on the 2nd floor. All of a sudden it
moved me to the top of the rock, and I was stuck between it and the
ceiling. I couldn't jump or duck. I tried to cast, and it said I
must be standing to cast. I tried to log, and it said I must be
sitting to log! I ended up typing /quit, and when I logged back in I
was in a hallway near the room. I was sweating that one a little

-Ahmni

People seem to think this is the future. It seems
more to me like the dark age of enlightenment.

ICQ 563116 sc...@cmpmail.com http://www.pdx.nu

Big Fat Shane

May 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/19/99
Scrub,

A friend of mine was running through Greater Faydark and tried to run
between two trees. He got stuck and couldn't budge.

Then an Orc Pawn found him and started poking him.

I managed to find him and took several screenshots of the hilarious (to me)
event.

Before the Pawn showed up, he had petitioned a GM, and before the Pawn could
finish him off (which would've been a good thing in his current state but
could've taken an hour) the GM showed up and pulled him out.

Big Fat Shane

May 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/19/99
I'm replying to my own post because I want to give credit where it's
due. We hear so much about kill stealers and doOds here, but not that
much about the really great people on Everquest. My Barbarian Warrior
got stuck in a shaft in Ak'anon. It's a program bug, but there he was.
I petitioned for hours, no response. Finally, I did a /who all wizard
to hopefully find someone who could teleport me out.

Linn Blueray, I owe you big time! She came all the way from Crushbone,
searched through the maze that is Ak'anon to find me, and managed to
teleport me out of there. Asked nothing in return. My lowly lvl 7
warrior could only bow at her feet.

Magnus

May 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/19/99
J wrote:

> My barb warrior character is currently stuck in a shaft in Ak'anon. He
> went up a ladder, but now he can't go back down. He's too BIG! I tried
><Snip>

The same thing happened to me about a month ago. There's an area
with stairs right behind the banker. I walked up but couldn't get down.
Luckily, I was binded close by and was able to gate out.

> Korz - Barb Warrior on Innoruuk

-Magnus
Semi-roleplayin' Sherman Shaman who don't want no scrub

Charles

May 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/27/99
Jason Maskell <bac...@nospam.home.com> wrote in message
> Charles Lembke <c-le...@uiuc.edu> wrote in message

airnew
> s.net...
> > I know how you feel. There are gates with bars in Paw. If you
move
> > into one just as it goes up, you get sucked up into the ceiling.
> > got stuck with a gelatinous cube and a bat as well. All you can
do is
> > /petition. You can't stand, sit, camp, or move.
> >

> You can however /quit, which often fixes the problem.
>
> Jason

Yes, but that would be logical.

Charles Lembke

May 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/28/99
I know how you feel. There are gates with bars in Paw. If you move
into one just as it goes up, you get sucked up into the ceiling. I

On Wed, 19 May 1999 11:13:08 EDT, J <jeuge...@conknet.com.NOSPAM>
wrote:

>My barb warrior character is currently stuck in a shaft in Ak'anon. He
>went up a ladder, but now he can't go back down. He's too BIG! I tried

>for over an hour to get him back down, but no dice. I petitioned during
>this whole time, over an hour, no answer. This really bites big time.
>
>I'm posting this so others may learn from it. If you're a big race,
>don't go into Ak'Anon except the lower levels. If you go up a ladder
>you can get stuck in the shaft. It's clearly a program bug, but it's
>causing me a big problem.
>
>I'm going to petition this again later, and I hope a GM will answer
>this time. There are not enough GMs, pretty obvious. There were less
>than 400 people on the server during the hour I was petitioning. How
>many petitions could there be out there?
>
>Getting claustrophobic -

Jason Maskell

May 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/28/99