Humans and night vision

1 view

Zzim

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99
I have a human druid on Brell,now i know there is no druid
spell for infra/ultra vision. Is there any item available
to grant infra/ultra vision (non summoned). thx (druid is
lvl10)

Cicada

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99
Ask a Magician to summon a coldstone for you. Put it into the Ammo slot and
you will have ultravision. Put it back to bank ( inside a container ) before
logout and you still have it next time you login.

Zzim <happy...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Will Brickles

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99

Cicada <human...@hongkong.com> wrote in message

> Ask a Magician to summon a coldstone for you. Put it into the Ammo slot
and
> you will have ultravision. Put it back to bank ( inside a container )
before
> logout and you still have it next time you login.
>
> Zzim <happy...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I have a human druid on Brell,now i know there is no druid
> > spell for infra/ultra vision. Is there any item available
> > to grant infra/ultra vision (non summoned). thx (druid is
> > lvl10)

I think when Zzim wrote "non summoned" he was implying that he didn't want
you to suggest to him getting a magician to summon him an item. I cannot
speak for Zzim, perhaps when he said "non summoned" what he really meant was
that he wanted a summoned item, but that's how I interpreted his statement.

Dumbass.

Johan Stigaard

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99

Hey Asshole, what Cicada suggested is exactly the solution the human druid
seeks. He will get perfect ultravision from a cheap item, all for the hassle
of banking before he logs. My human SK uses coldstones regulary. I have had
8 of them for over a month and never lost any of them.

// Woland on Fennin

Zzim

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99
I was really thinking of a non summoned solution. But your
right , for the hassle of banking it or using /quit which i
believe also works(In a safe area), the coldstone may be
the best solution.Also when banking it has to be in a
container correct ?

Sephy

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99
Hey dumbass,
Obviously if he wanted a summoned solution, he would have said so. Yeah it
works but thats not what he wants.
Johan Stigaard <mda9...@student.hk-r.spam-hater.se> wrote in message

> Hey Asshole, what Cicada suggested is exactly the solution the human druid
> seeks. He will get perfect ultravision from a cheap item, all for the
hassle

Cicada

Sep 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/21/99

Zzim <happy...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Sam Schlansky

Sep 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/21/99
Dear Idiot,

This is not a webboard. Do not change the topic of the subject when you
followup.

Thanks for your cooperation in following the conventions of millions of
other happy Usenet users.

Sam

human...@hongkong.com (Cicada) wrote in
<37e6...@news02.imsbiz.com>:

--

/| Sam Schlansky <sam[at]operation3d[dot]com>
/| PGP Key ID: 0x63A9D707

David B. Hawthorne

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
A friend of mine said they were given a Coldstone Amulet...have not been
able to verify this, might want to look into whether it really exists, and
if it's a made or looted item.

Zzim <happy...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I have a human druid on Brell,now i know there is no druid
> spell for infra/ultra vision. Is there any item available
> to grant infra/ultra vision (non summoned). thx (druid is
> lvl10)

Bearil

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
There are two items summoned by magicians...

Heatstone grants Infravision
Coldstone grants Ultravision

There are several items in the game that grant improved sight. Glowing
stone band is one that I can think of off the top of my head. There is
also a helm and a weapon that I can't recall though.

Jens Lřnberg Nielsen

Sep 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/24/99
Heh .... at level 1 Druids get Dance of the Fireflies, a small lightstone
you can summon to hold in your offhand
at level 9 you get Starshine, same as the first spell, only it summons a
lightstone that is as powerful as a Greater lightstone ... still needs to be
hold in offhand.
at level 14 you get Halo of Light ... a magic summoned headband that gives
light like a Greater lighstone

Personally I used those until I finally bought a Greater Lightstone for 4
plat .... I suggest you do the same ... it only have to be in an inventory
slot. Even Fire Beetle eyes can be used like that !

David B. Hawthorne <wsc...@home.com.nospan> wrote in message

Timothy J Parker

Sep 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/24/99
"Jens Lřnberg Nielsen" wrote:

> Heh .... at level 1 Druids get Dance of the Fireflies, a small lightstone
> you can summon to hold in your offhand

Hmmm, it always used to work from an inventory slot just like a lightstone.

> at level 9 you get Starshine, same as the first spell, only it summons a
> lightstone that is as powerful as a Greater lightstone ... still needs to be
> hold in offhand.

Yeah, Globe of Stars, what a waste of plat. You can't use a shield or 2-hand
weapon. Major suck.

> at level 14 you get Halo of Light ... a magic summoned headband that gives
> light like a Greater lighstone

Another waste of plat. AC is one point less than a leather cap. It is
supposed to be castable un dungeons though, which the first 2 are not.
I never tried it.

> Personally I used those until I finally bought a Greater Lightstone for 4
> plat .... I suggest you do the same ... it only have to be in an inventory
> slot. Even Fire Beetle eyes can be used like that !

This is the real bargain here. Save your plat and get one of these.
Of course this does not solve the original posters problem. These will
keep him from running into trees and getting turned around in tunnels but
he still won't be able to see mobs until he's right on top of them.
Just got to live with it now they've fixed that summoned-items-in-the-bank
bug. Formerly he could have bought some summoned heatstones or coldstones
which is really what he wants.

Jens Lřnberg Nielsen

Sep 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/24/99
> > at level 14 you get Halo of Light ... a magic summoned headband that
gives
> > light like a Greater lighstone
>
> Another waste of plat. AC is one point less than a leather cap. It is
> supposed to be castable un dungeons though, which the first 2 are not.
> I never tried it.

I agree ... only bought it because I had too much plat and was curious what
it did !
Still, if we could give them away to a person who just died and cannot see
anything because it's dark they would actually hold a value ... for corpse
recovery !
(Hates to run into Runnyeye without a lightsource)

> > Personally I used those until I finally bought a Greater Lightstone for
4
> > plat .... I suggest you do the same ... it only have to be in an
inventory
> > slot. Even Fire Beetle eyes can be used like that !
>
> This is the real bargain here. Save your plat and get one of these.
> Of course this does not solve the original posters problem. These will
> keep him from running into trees and getting turned around in tunnels but
> he still won't be able to see mobs until he's right on top of them.
> Just got to live with it now they've fixed that summoned-items-in-the-bank
> bug. Formerly he could have bought some summoned heatstones or coldstones
> which is really what he wants.

I agree .... but we just don't get this spell .... maybe some tinkered item
can do that ? Oh yeah, the Shamans get those nice infra and ultra vision
buffs !!

Mark Lambert

Sep 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/27/99

Sam Schlansky <s...@deletethis.operation3d.com> wrote in message
> Dear Idiot,

Given how common an opener like this is when addressing someone who may just
be knew to the "conventions" (word used loosely) of posting in this hell
that the Usenet has become, I think it's fair to say that...

> Thanks for your cooperation in following the conventions of millions of
> other happy Usenet users.

"happy Usenet user"? No such thing...

I can imagine how willing someone would be to learn the "rules" and become a
part of the "community" after being addressed as an idiot by a complete
stranger...