Druid nerfs

Robin Sanner

Sep 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/16/99
Well the total nerfs to druids at this point was:

DoTs nerfed
speed of npc while snared doubled
speed of npc while ensnared quadrupled
looks to me like sow is slightly slower too

Jim Williams

Sep 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/16/99
Robin Sanner wrote:

Well, they can't accuse Brad of favoring Rangers anymore. I get snare
next level with my ranger. I was looking forward to getting it. So this
kind of pisses me off. For a long while he was my favorite char :(

--
Jim Williams
Extra Terrestrial Imports

Dan Harmon

Sep 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/16/99

Robin Sanner <san...@iinet.com> wrote in message

> Well the total nerfs to druids at this point was:
>
> DoTs nerfed
> speed of npc while snared doubled
> speed of npc while ensnared quadrupled
> looks to me like sow is slightly slower too

- Swarm doesn't seem any better, but it doesn't seem worse either (during
melee). Don't kite. :)
- I noticed no such change in Snare, and I use that ALL the time.
- I'm not high enough to get Ensnare, and from what I've heard, I'll
probably stick to my cool lvl 1 Snare spell.

I am a very happy lvl 20 druid. If I feel like kiting, I still can. Stop
powergaming & maybe you'll be happier.

Timothy J Parker

Sep 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/16/99
Robin Sanner wrote:

> Well the total nerfs to druids at this point was:
>
> DoTs nerfed
> speed of npc while snared doubled

This is bull. Snare works just as well as it always has.

> speed of npc while ensnared quadrupled

Ensnare was never a good spell; only lasted for a few seconds anyway.
I tested it again today, it works just as it always has. No change.

> looks to me like sow is slightly slower too

Nope, same as it always was. Lasts just as long too.

The DoTs were the only change, and just a minor change. I really haven't
changed my tactics at all.

zeke

Sep 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/17/99

Timothy J Parker wrote:
<snip>

> > speed of npc while ensnared quadrupled
>
> Ensnare was never a good spell; only lasted for a few seconds anyway.
> I tested it again today, it works just as it always has. No change.
>
> > looks to me like sow is slightly slower too
>
> Nope, same as it always was. Lasts just as long too.

The movement component of Ensnare *HAS* been changed. I have used
this spell regularly for the last 15 levels, it was a lot better than
snare in slowing down high level mobs. The difference post-patch
is quite noticable. In addition, if any of the Druid/Ranger root line of
spells is used, you CANNOT ensnare the MOB after it breaks free
of root. You get the message "Your spell did not take hold".
If another druid or ranger ensnares the MOB, you cannot overwrite
or refresh with Ensnare. *EVEN* if the spell wears off.
Prior to mondays patch, this was not the case.

Since the patch notes did not mention any changes to ensnare,
I can only assume it is a bug introduced in the last patch,
and have sent in /bug reports on it.

Zeke Level 50 Druid - The Rathe

Philth

Sep 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/19/99
ze...@no.way (zeke) wrote in <37E25755...@zeke.net>:

>is quite noticable. In addition, if any of the Druid/Ranger root line of
>spells is used, you CANNOT ensnare the MOB after it breaks free
>of root. You get the message "Your spell did not take hold".
>If another druid or ranger ensnares the MOB, you cannot overwrite
>or refresh with Ensnare. *EVEN* if the spell wears off.
>Prior to mondays patch, this was not the case.

This has always been the case. It has been the way since a friend
and myself started a druid and a wizzie a month back. My wizzie
friend would always root it, and then it would break, and then I
would try and snare and it would say it wouldnt take hold. BUT -
after a while, it WOULD work, so there seems to be some sort of timer
on the snare being used right after a root spell. This was BEFORE
the last lame patch they applied.

zeke

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99

It has not allways been the case with the Ensnaring roots line of spells
and
snare until last Monday.

Dan Harmon

Sep 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/21/99

zeke <ze...@zeke.net> wrote in message news:37E64184...@zeke.net...

> > This has always been the case. It has been the way since a friend
> > and myself started a druid and a wizzie a month back. My wizzie
> > friend would always root it, and then it would break, and then I
> > would try and snare and it would say it wouldnt take hold. BUT -
> > after a while, it WOULD work, so there seems to be some sort of timer
> > on the snare being used right after a root spell. This was BEFORE
> > the last lame patch
>
> It has not allways been the case with the Ensnaring roots line of spells
> and
> snare until last Monday.

Then it's odd that I've seen this complaint on this newsgroup for months
now. Perhaps we have some psychic readers. :)