Optimizing Melee Skillups

Timothy J. Trace

Nov 12, 2003, 12:59:39 PM11/12/03
I'm a 51 Paladin. I've recently acquired Heavy Windrider's Lance, so I
want to build my Piercing skill, which is currently at 44. Ditto for
Devastating Maul...my 2-handed bashing skill is at 17.

What stats/buffs/equipment/techniques would help me to raise both
skills to the capped levels as quickly as possible?

I know that only XP-giving MOBs allow skillups. Since I solo more than
group, that means I'm fighting high blues, with the occasional boring
low blue.

I also assume that I only get skill increases for successful hits...at
40% class hit/miss, with a skill of 44, I'm sure not hitting very
often.

.../help?

42

Nov 12, 2003, 1:24:14 PM11/12/03
Timothy J. Trace wrote:

With a skill of 17 even soloing a light blue is going to be anything but
'boring'.

get fast low damage weapons to practice with (more swings = more
skillups), fight wimpy mobs.

One good tactic is fear kiting undead - chasing spectres is great if you
can find some. (They don't run fast)

Graeme Faelban

Nov 12, 2003, 1:26:19 PM11/12/03
t...@tcsys.com (Timothy J. Trace) wrote in

High Dex is what you want. Get Focus of Soul and Strength of Diaku from
a friendly shaman.

I don't know that you only get skillups on successful hits, would be a
bit surprised actually. You can also spend training points on these
skills with your local paladin trainer.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>
Venerable Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Prophet of 65 seasons

dank

Nov 12, 2003, 2:12:44 PM11/12/03
http://www.rpgexpert.com/308.html

This works like a charm - starts to slow down around 140ish... did this for
all of my neglected weapon skills.

-Dank

xpanmanx

Nov 12, 2003, 3:33:24 PM11/12/03
>http://www.rpgexpert.com/308.html
>This works like a charm - starts to slow down around 140ish... did this for
>all of my neglected weapon skills.

OMG this is FANTASTIC. TY for sharing.
Best Regards,

Tim ==

Faeandar

Nov 12, 2003, 5:46:23 PM11/12/03
On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 14:12:44 -0500, "dank" <sketch...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

Very nice. Thanks for tip. My pally has never used anything but
2hs... maybe time to work on 2hb.

~F

Rastus

Nov 12, 2003, 9:02:17 PM11/12/03
> This works like a charm - starts to slow down around 140ish... did this
for
> all of my neglected weapon skills.
>
> -Dank

Yup -A big thanks from me too : ) All my weapons skills are lousy : O

Sean Kennedy

Nov 12, 2003, 9:42:16 PM11/12/03
"Rastus" <nos...@mailbox.uq.edu.au> wrote in

I've never had a problem with that with my BL - I just go find a group
pulling blue or yellow-to-me mobs and ask if they mind if I work my skills.

Only once did I not get a positive response (they simply said nothing)

It might help that I lead off with a Spiritual Radiance before I ask :)

Unfortunately this still leaves my defense skill which is about 7 levels
behind now. When I get to 60 I'm going to take my buddy's cleric with
my BL to the Gray - shissar hit fast - to fix that.
--
Arch Convoker Mairelon Snapbang of Lanys T'vyl

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=701866