WARCRAFT 2 SHAREWARE.......Help, please.

Jason Malone

Jan 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/30/96
Blizzard has just released as of two days ago a S/W version
of Warcraft 2. My question is, does ANYBODY know of a site
that has it split up for D/L? I can't DL the full 11 MB file because of
my stupid Disk Quota. Thanks!

UCInetID@uci.edu Your Name

Jan 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/31/96

what is the site that has the full 11 mb file? I didn't know they had thet Warcraft2 demo version out....

thanks.

Trana Mathew

Jan 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/31/96

> thanks.

You can find the demo of WC2 (11 mb) at blizzard's homepage.
http://www.blizzard.com

UCInetID@uci.edu Your Name

Feb 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/1/96
thank you

BLoOd-ThIrSTy

Feb 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/1/96

TR>Your Name (YourUC...@uci.edu) wrote:
TR>> Jason Malone <jdma...@unity.ncsu.edu> wrote:
TR>> >Blizzard has just released as of two days ago a S/W version
TR>> >of Warcraft 2. My question is, does ANYBODY know of a site
TR>> >that has it split up for D/L? I can't DL the full 11 MB file because of
TR>> >my stupid Disk Quota. Thanks!
TR>> >

TR>> what is the site that has the full 11 mb file? I didn't know they had the

TR>> thanks.

TR> You can find the demo of WC2 (11 mb) at blizzard's homepage.
TR> http://www.blizzard.com

who wants a demo?! Go buy it! It's only 45 bucks plus tax!

James Fye

Feb 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/3/96
In article <4en7ga$a...@news.service.uci.edu>, YourUC...@uci.edu
says...

>Jason Malone <jdma...@unity.ncsu.edu> wrote:
>>Blizzard has just released as of two days ago a S/W version
>>of Warcraft 2.

>what is the site that has the full 11 mb file? I didn't know they had
thet Warc
>raft2 demo version out....
>
>thanks.

At blizzard! BTW happy puppy has it on their ftp server I tried
downloading it but it did not work. Maybe it will work for you if so
please upload to alt.games.warcraft or alt.binaries.games I'm sure no
one will mind a binary like that here.

Chanman

Feb 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/3/96
On 30 Jan 1996 22:29:01 GMT, Jason Malone <jdma...@unity.ncsu.edu> wrote:

>Blizzard has just released as of two days ago a S/W version

>of Warcraft 2. My question is, does ANYBODY know of a site

>that has it split up for D/L? I can't DL the full 11 MB file because of

>my stupid Disk Quota. Thanks!

If you people STILL can't get it, go to the Happy Puppy's Game Onramp. They
just posted the Warcraft shareware a little whiles back. The site's at:

"http://www.happypuppy.com"

They have a list of several sites for you to download the game, so there's
a better chance of you getting the demo without as much traffic. I haven't
downloaded it off that site yet, but due to its reputation, it's definetly
gotta let you download the whole thing. Bye!

E W Rodriguez

Feb 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/3/96
The copy at Hot Files, http://128.95.25.71/hotfiles/demos/ works just
fine. You can also ftp to 128.95.25.71 to do an anonymous download.

Regards,

Wil

On 3 Feb 1996, James Fye wrote:

> In article <4en7ga$a...@news.service.uci.edu>, YourUC...@uci.edu
> says...
> >

> >Jason Malone <jdma...@unity.ncsu.edu> wrote:
> >>Blizzard has just released as of two days ago a S/W version
> >>of Warcraft 2.

> >what is the site that has the full 11 mb file? I didn't know they had
> thet Warc
> >raft2 demo version out....
> >
> >thanks.
> >
> At blizzard! BTW happy puppy has it on their ftp server I tried
> downloading it but it did not work. Maybe it will work for you if so
> please upload to alt.games.warcraft or alt.binaries.games I'm sure no
> one will mind a binary like that here.

---
______
___/ __ \______ ___________________________________________________
_\_\_____) / /
(____) / New email address, same great person! ;^) /
__ (_____) / /
\____(___) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jason Dean Malone

Feb 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/4/96
to go...@montan.com
go...@montan.com (Chanman) wrote:

>On 30 Jan 1996 22:29:01 GMT, Jason Malone <jdma...@unity.ncsu.edu> wrote:
>
>>Blizzard has just released as of two days ago a S/W version
>>of Warcraft 2. My question is, does ANYBODY know of a site
>>that has it split up for D/L? I can't DL the full 11 MB file because of
>>my stupid Disk Quota. Thanks!
>>

>If you people STILL can't get it, go to the Happy Puppy's Game Onramp. They
>just posted the Warcraft shareware a little whiles back. The site's at:
>
>"http://www.happypuppy.com"
>
>They have a list of several sites for you to download the game, so there's
>a better chance of you getting the demo without as much traffic. I haven't
>downloaded it off that site yet, but due to its reputation, it's definetly
>gotta let you download the whole thing. Bye!
'

And back to my question: Where the HELL can I find it split up!!
ARGHH! The DL time does not bother me since I have a T2 connection...
(could probably D/L 11 Megs in 2 Minutes)....but, I have an 8 Meg
Disk Quota.....

Chanman

Feb 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/7/96
On 4 Feb 1996 00:25:55 GMT, Jason Dean Malone <jdmalone> wrote:

>And back to my question: Where the HELL can I find it split up!!
>ARGHH! The DL time does not bother me since I have a T2 connection...
>(could probably D/L 11 Megs in 2 Minutes)....but, I have an 8 Meg
>Disk Quota.....

Ooohhhhh.... I'd practically die to have a T2 line! But I feel sorry for
ya'. An 8 meg Quata???? I guess that's to refrain you from downloading the
entire Internet in the time span of 30 minutes! Well, back to the point, IS
there any sites for split up files? Does anybody know? Does Games Domain
have it?

Nick Kingham

Feb 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/9/96
go...@montan.com (Chanman) writes:

>On 4 Feb 1996 00:25:55 GMT, Jason Dean Malone <jdmalone> wrote:
>>And back to my question: Where the HELL can I find it split up!!
>>ARGHH! The DL time does not bother me since I have a T2 connection...
>>(could probably D/L 11 Megs in 2 Minutes)....but, I have an 8 Meg
>>Disk Quota.....

On some sites, you can, from the Unix Command Line,

$ cd /tmp (Change to the Unix Temporary Dir)

$ ftp

ftp> open [.....]

ftp> get [....]

$ bye

$ sz [....]

I stumbled across this on one account where I have a 5 meg limit, but I
can't guarantee you have the permissions to do this from where you are.

--
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|
Nick Kingham nkin...@sydney.DIALix.oz.au / nkin...@ozemail.com.au

Laszlo Horvath

Feb 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/9/96

>>And back to my question: Where the HELL can I find it split up!!
>>ARGHH! The DL time does not bother me since I have a T2 connection...
>>(could probably D/L 11 Megs in 2 Minutes)....but, I have an 8 Meg
>>Disk Quota.....
>>

>Ooohhhhh.... I'd practically die to have a T2 line! But I feel sorry for

>ya'. An 8 meg Quata???? I guess that's to refrain you from downloading the
>entire Internet in the time span of 30 minutes! Well, back to the point, IS
>there any sites for split up files? Does anybody know? Does Games Domain
>have it?

If you can dialup your UNIX account you can use Lynx to ftp the file
then DL it directly to your computer without saving it on your
account.