there's a doomII group

Paul Robinson

Nov 22, 1994, 12:20:36 PM11/22/94
On Wed, 16 Nov 1994, Mike Newton wrote:

> In article <1994111601...@access3.digex.net> you write:
> >
> >It's alt.games.doom.ii; I should know, I'm the one who created it.
>
> Oh, so you're the culprit. Why, oh why, did you create such an utterly
> useless newsgroup. It is completely unnecessary for two main reasons. 1) The
> rec.computer.games.doom.* groups were already very near approval, if not
> already approved, when you newgrouped it. And 2) DOOM II and DOOM are nearly
> identical and don't need seperate newsgroups. People just end up
> cross-posting to both, or posting to one but not reading the other to see if
> their question was already answered there. I don't remember
> 'alt.games.doom.ii' being discussed in alt.config, but I was a way for about a
> week and a half. Anyway, the damage is done, I just wanted to rant and rave
> at the person who actually did it, instead of thin air.
>
> >There won't be a doom.iii or doom-3 since this group has been elevated to
> >a "big 7" group, the 'doom.playing' and 'doom.misc' groups should ease
> >some of the traffic loads.
>
> Not to mention that there won't be a game "DOOM III";)
>
> >****
> >NOTICE: I reserve the right to ignore or PUBLICLY POST any vicious or
> >nasty E-Mail; notwithstanding any statements in your messages to the
> >contrary; by sending responses in violation of this paragraph you
> >unconditionally consent to this condition. You have been warned.
>
> Nice try, but this doesn't absolve you from common Netiquette. Posting e-mail
> of any sort with out the permission of the author is VERY uncool and
> definitely against our code of ethics. Please don't repost any part of my
> mail anywhere! *You* have been warned!

Oh yes it does. You don't have to respond; by responding you waived your
rights.

****
NOTICE: I reserve the right to ignore or PUBLICLY POST any vicious or
nasty E-Mail; notwithstanding any statements in your messages to the
contrary; by sending responses in violation of this paragraph you
unconditionally consent to this condition. You have been warned.

Mike Newton

Nov 22, 1994, 4:35:44 PM11/22/94
In article <Pine.SUN.3.91.941122...@access4.digex.net>,

Paul Robinson <tda...@tdr.com> wrote:
>On Wed, 16 Nov 1994, Mike Newton wrote:
>> >****
>> >NOTICE: I reserve the right to ignore or PUBLICLY POST any vicious or
>> >nasty E-Mail; notwithstanding any statements in your messages to the
>> >contrary; by sending responses in violation of this paragraph you
>> >unconditionally consent to this condition. You have been warned.
>>
>> Nice try, but this doesn't absolve you from common Netiquette. Posting e-mail
>> of any sort with out the permission of the author is VERY uncool and
>> definitely against our code of ethics. Please don't repost any part of my
>> mail anywhere! *You* have been warned!
>
>Oh yes it does. You don't have to respond; by responding you waived your
>rights.

So. Do you think you're cool now because you posted my email? I wish I could
be more like you...NOT!

--
DOOM 2: Nightmare Mode