Im about through with Taco Bell

Satcom2

Feb 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/10/97

First of all,I never have liked cheese.Unfortunately,more and more at Taco
Bells everywhere,they cant seem to hear the words "no cheese",so they screw
up my order about1 out of 5 times I go there.Secondly,I live in
Hollywood,and I usually go to the Taco Bell on Lexington and Vine.They
recently screwed my order up,so I called on the phone to ask if I could
come in the next day and get another Chicken Fajita wrap,with no cheese
like I ordered it this time.The girl on the phone said no problem,just come
in tommorrow afternoon,and started to say goodbye when I interrupted saying
that I might want to leave my name or something,so I did leave it.Well I
was sick for the next 3 days,and I just started feeling better today,so I
went back to that Taco Bell and the manager there was very suspicious of
me,and said that I messed up because I should have got her name,and very
reluctantly gave me my order.Well I told him my name,and he just said well
I should have got hers.In other words,it was served with guilt-strings
attached,and an attitude problem as well.So now Im walking out with this
neurotic criminal-complex.Where I used to work,at Mc Donalds years ago,we
had a list of such names so that we would know what was up in those
situations,I assumed they might too.Also when I worked there,you didnt
argue with the customer.Now the part that pisses me off is,I should not
have to feel like I ripped THEM off just to get the damn food I payed
for.Then I had this guilt feeling when I left like I did something
wrong.Thats a bunch of bull you know what.And it seems like more and more
fast food places are taking this route,rude managers and workers who dont
listen to the orders correctly,I guess its cheaper to not train them to be
informed and polite.People were looking at me in the line when the manager
got all cynical about me,it was quite embarassing,and I told him if it was
that much trouble maybe I wouldnt bother coming there anymore,and told him
maybe they should make the policies a little clearer to the workers so that
there wont be these kind of mixups,and he just kind of gave me this look
like I was some stupid customer etc.Does anyone know where I can complain
about this type of thing,like a main Taco Bell e-mail address or phone
number? If I get some kind of apology,then maybe Ill go back.I know,it
sounds funny,or like I need a hobby,but I dont mean to sound like an
bitter,angry old man,Im only 29,but really,Ive put up with stuff like this
forever and never done a thing,Im tired of it.What the heck ever happened
to "the customer is always right"?I was so angry when I got back I could
hardly enjoy the food or even eat it,in a way I feel like they owe me
another dang meal served with a nice attitude to the customer so that it
can be a descent experience,like it should have been to begin
with.Arghh,whatever.-Satcom2

p.s. yes,obviously I have other issues perhaps in my life,but
*still*,geez.and yes,I do need a hobby,but that is still beside the point.

LSander153

Feb 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/12/97

> In other words,it was served with guilt-strings
> attached,and an attitude problem as well.

Geez. That is what the CHEESE is for. It has a special mind-calming
ingredient that keeps you from feeling guilty, and gives you a special
tranquility when dealing with fast-food workers.

So see what you get when you order an item without cheese???

Louis F. Sander
Pittsburgh, PA

smd

Feb 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/13/97
to Satcom2

You can get the store number, it should be posted on the door of the
resturant and call 1-800-TACO-BELL and file a complaint. If the
store manager is any kind of a manager, he/she will take care of the
problem so it doesn't happen in the future. That is how it is supposed to
work.

Jim Steingrobe

Feb 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/13/97

As a person who works in the food industry and encounters people all
the time, I sure appreciate your letter. Part of the problem is that many of
your peers have put a bad taste in the mouth of many restaurants. People are
not always so honest like yourself in this sort of situation and they do abuse
the system. You probably won't get an apology, I am sure of that. I hope you
have better experiences in the future.

In article <01bc17ab$d71bc8a0$5b20...@Primenet.Primenet.com>, "Satcom2"

laurin keith davis

Feb 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/14/97

hi, i'm a manager with taco bell in dallas. sorry, that happened. our
policy, is simple. give the customer what he wants, period. no name
lists, no 'keep your receipts', just come back in 'at your convience'
and we'll take care of, shame i can't get ahold of those bastards and
show them how to REALLY grow sales.

"Satcom2" <sven...@primenet.com> wrote:

\anyway, thanx for being such a great listener! /
\you're a swell person (despite what they say) and /
\it's been real groovy! htiek /
\assistant general manager, taco bell corp. /
\lau...@airmail.net <><>save the net! /
\mybeeper#forthosewhocare <><>support your local /
\18007963087 <><>internet provider. /
\visit me at http://web2.airmail.net/laurin1 /

Andy Weikel

Feb 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/14/97

This should never have happened. As a Taco Bell manager I would be very
unhappy
with my team if they did not satisfy you at the store level.
The number to call and complain about ( or compliment ) a Taco Bell
restaurant is :
1-800-TACO BEL You certainly should recieve an apology .
The store manager will be advised of your call via Email.
His (her ) boss will be copied on serious issues.

> In article <01bc17ab$d71bc8a0$5b20...@Primenet.Primenet.com>, "Satcom2"

Beavis

Feb 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/15/97

Yeah haha.. "supposed to work" haha, well all you fucking whiners forget that
the people there are lucky to make above $7.00 an hour (for shift manager), have to
put up with retarded idiots making 15 special requests on each order, and jerkoffs
who think that the workers are there to comfort the customer's mental illnesses.

I've been a shift manager at a Taco Bell for two years, and I don't give a shit
either. haha. I'm working on my Computer Science degree, so do I give a fuck? NO!
hah, I'll be making $40,000 a year soon as I graduate. Taco Bell and all the idiot
customers can suck my nuts. Stick that in your burrito.

It's really sad to see all these TB managers/crew on here preaching their brain-
washed "customer is allways right" bullshit. Those loosers will be working there
for the rest of their pathetic lives hahahahahha....

LSander153

Feb 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/15/97

> Yeah haha.. "supposed to work" haha, well all you fucking whiners
forget that
>the people there are lucky to make above $7.00 an hour (for shift
manager), have >to put up with retarded idiots making 15 special requests
on each order, and
>jerkoffs who think that the workers are there to comfort the customer's
mental
>illnesses.

> I've been a shift manager at a Taco Bell for two years, and I don't give
a shit
>either. haha. I'm working on my Computer Science degree, so do I give a
fuck? >NO!
>hah, I'll be making $40,000 a year soon as I graduate. Taco Bell and all
the idiot
>customers can suck my nuts. Stick that in your burrito.

> It's really sad to see all these TB managers/crew on here preaching
their brain-
>washed "customer is allways right" bullshit. Those loosers will be
working there
>for the rest of their pathetic lives hahahahahha....

Say, fella---when you graduate, why don't you include some of your posts
in your resume package? When the employers see your intellect, personality
and communications skill, you'll be making $80,000 a year, not $40,000.

The losers in your Computer Science 208 class, all they know is bits and
bytes. YOU know how to analyze, synthesize, and comment on the events of
the day.

Maybe they'll make you customer service manager, or put you in charge of
the help desk, as a stepping stone to becoming the next Bill Gates.

Nate Hansen

Feb 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/15/97

> I've been a shift manager at a Taco Bell for two years

-- a long time to do something and 'not give a shit'. People spend a lifetime
waiting tables telling everyone they'll make $2.5 Million on the film once it
gets backing. Would you like soup or salad?

> Computer Science degree, so do I give a fuck? NO!>hah, I'll be making

Surprise. Your attitude at Taco Bell is the same attitude you'll have the rest
of your life. Sorry you'll be job hopping so often. But keep the faith and
"Don't give a shit" while you are inbetween jobs and quote "Welcome To Taco
Bell, May I Take Your Order Please?"

Nate
- earning a bit more than $40k/yr
... oh, but I do give a shit

Andy Weikel

Feb 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/16/97

Beavis <cr...@crapp.net> wrote in article <330593...@crapp.net>...

> smd wrote:
> >
> > You can get the store number, it should be posted on the door of the
> > resturant and call 1-800-TACO-BELL and file a complaint. If the
> > store manager is any kind of a manager, he/she will take care of the
> > problem so it doesn't happen in the future. That is how it is supposed
> > work.
>

> Yeah haha.. "supposed to work" haha, well all you fucking whiners
forget that
> the people there are lucky to make above $7.00 an hour (for shift
manager), have to
> put up with retarded idiots making 15 special requests on each order, and
jerkoffs
> who think that the workers are there to comfort the customer's mental
illnesses.

> I've been a shift manager at a Taco Bell for two years, and I don't
give a shit

> either. haha. I'm working on my Computer Science degree, so do I give a
fuck? NO!

> hah, I'll be making $40,000 a year soon as I graduate. Taco Bell and all
the idiot
> customers can suck my nuts. Stick that in your burrito.
>
> It's really sad to see all these TB managers/crew on here preaching
their brain-
> washed "customer is allways right" bullshit. Those loosers will be
working there
> for the rest of their pathetic lives hahahahahha....

I have some trouble understanding a store manager that would put up with
your attitude for two years. By the way most of us brain-washed TB managers
earn considerably more than $40,000 a year and we probably will stay in the
business
for the rest of our lives because we like the challenge of it all.

Alan S. Carpenter

Feb 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/16/97

I Agree, its about time somebody said this.

CUSTOMERS SUCK !

VideoBill

Feb 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/16/97

"Alan S. Carpenter" <LMTu...@Flash.Net> wrote:

>I Agree, its about time somebody said this.

>CUSTOMERS SUCK !

Hey assmunch, I assume you are a customer somewhere from time to time
(perhaps at your local mental health establishment) so I guess that
means YOU SUCK!

VideoBill

(Taco Bell counter people Suck!!)

aKia

Feb 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/16/97
to Andy Weikel

> > Yeah haha.. "supposed to work" haha,

> I have some trouble understanding a store manager that would put up with

> your attitude for two years. By the way most of us brain-washed TB managers
> earn considerably more than $40,000 a year and we probably will stay in the
> business for the rest of our lives because we like the challenge of it all.

Hi,

near my house there are 2 taco bells...neither really close...

the closest is so bad I won't go back...I've been shorted, given wrong
orders, and now they virtually ration the green sauce (ie you have to go
IN (parking in the drive-thru) to get a packet per item with NO other
sauces (yea everything in packets!)...

and this is apparently due to staffing/management...they used to be a
good bell and in the last year have just gone in the dumps.

I'll drive further to a better bell!

--

By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer meets
the
definition of a telephone fax machine. By Sec.227(b)(1)(C), it is
unlawful to
send any unsolicited advertisement to such equipment. By
Sec.227(b)(3)(C),
a violation of the aforementioned Section is punishable by action to
recover
actual monetary loss, or $500, whichever is greater, for each violation.

I pay for my ISP connection. All incoming unsolicited commercial
traffic will therefore be billed at a rate of $500 per msg to compensate
for loss of service.

dslacker

Feb 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/17/97

This is getting ugly.... The fact is that the employees @ Taco Bell
work harder than anyone in fast food and are not well paid. Anyone
who works with the public knows what jerks customers can be and how
they like to take advantage of the 'customer is always right' idea.
Every time I go into a TB, I'm treated well and the food is fast, and
oh-so-tasty. Those customers who try to take out their own problems
and frustrations on people who are in no position to fight back should
choke on their cheeze.

In article <5e7end$j...@mtinsc05.worldnet.att.net>, Vide...@aol.com
says...

mike

Feb 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/18/97

With the original posters attitude and attention to detail, I sure hope
he ain't programming nuclear weapons guidance software after
graduation!!!

Nate Hansen wrote:

> > I've been a shift manager at a Taco Bell for two years
>
> -- a long time to do something and 'not give a shit'. People spend a lifetime
> waiting tables telling everyone they'll make $2.5 Million on the film once it
> gets backing. Would you like soup or salad?
>

> > Computer Science degree, so do I give a fuck? NO!>hah, I'll be making

Alan S. Carpenter

Feb 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/21/97

Bravo !!!
We have finally heard from a sane person on this subject.

We had a man in my Taco Bell who threatened to sue taco bell during the
blockbuster video get a medium drink and get a free rental promotion, just
because we upsold him a medium drink instead of a small one ( a whole 11
cent difference ) because he didnnt know that you had to rent a video to
get one free. He demanded that his whole entire meal be refunded after he
had already eaten everything. When we told him that we couldnt do this, he
went into a rage and demanded to speak to the district manager. He called
1-800-TACO-BELL and left a two page complaint telling us that he was going
to contact the maryland states attourney's office and sue us.

Now tell me why we should have to put up with this kind of crap EVERY
SINGLE DAY !!!!
I can provide many more examples of downright rude and insane customers who
come in and "dirty up the place" if needed. We also get many kind,
courtious, pleasent customers, but nobody remembers good things that taco
bell employees and customers do. Everyone just want to whine an complain
about the bad things that happen.

We had an off duty police officer who chased down some drunk teenage
private school preppy meatheads, who through one of the ashtrays through
the door. We gave him free food for a whole week.

dslacker <dsla...@wazoo.com> wrote in article
<5e9u9f$r...@hume.nmia.com>...

Beavis

Feb 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/24/97

Alan S. Carpenter wrote:

> Bravo !!!
> We have finally heard from a sane person on this subject.
>
> We had a man in my Taco Bell who threatened to sue taco bell during the
> blockbuster video get a medium drink and get a free rental promotion, just
> because we upsold him a medium drink instead of a small one ( a whole 11
> cent difference ) because he didnnt know that you had to rent a video to
> get one free. He demanded that his whole entire meal be refunded after he
> had already eaten everything. When we told him that we couldnt do this, he
> went into a rage and demanded to speak to the district manager.

At this point I would've said "get the fuck out or I'm calling the police!".
I have said this several times to asshole loosers. My store manager backs me
on this. haha.

> Now tell me why we should have to put up with this kind of crap EVERY
> SINGLE DAY !!!!

You don't, just tell 'em to "fuck off!".. It's FUN!! And if they get in your
face, I suggest carrying a non-lethal weapon, like a stun-gun, tazer, or mace :).

> Those customers who try to take out their own problems
> and frustrations on people who are in no position to fight back should
> choke on their cheeze.

Everyone is in a position to fight back, it's your constitutional right. heh.

New slogan: "We're happy if you're happy, if you're a demented asshole, run for
your life, not the border! We'll kill ya!" haha..

At least at my store that is.. heh.

laurin keith davis

Mar 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/2/97

Beavis <cr...@crapp.net> wrote:

>smd wrote:
>>
>> You can get the store number, it should be posted on the door of the
>> resturant and call 1-800-TACO-BELL and file a complaint. If the
>> store manager is any kind of a manager, he/she will take care of the
>> problem so it doesn't happen in the future. That is how it is supposed to
>> work.

> Yeah haha.. "supposed to work" haha, well all you fucking whiners forget that

>the people there are lucky to make above $7.00 an hour (for shift manager), have to

>put up with retarded idiots making 15 special requests on each order, and jerkoffs
>who think that the workers are there to comfort the customer's mental illnesses.

> I've been a shift manager at a Taco Bell for two years, and I don't give a shit

>either. haha. I'm working on my Computer Science degree, so do I give a fuck? NO!

>hah, I'll be making $40,000 a year soon as I graduate. Taco Bell and all the idiot
>customers can suck my nuts. Stick that in your burrito.

> It's really sad to see all these TB managers/crew on here preaching their brain-
>washed "customer is allways right" bullshit. Those loosers will be working there
>for the rest of their pathetic lives hahahahahha....

oh, yeah! my shifts under me make 9.50 an hour! and one is only 18
years old! (and thses are some of the hardest working people i've met,
and i used to be a roofer)

laurin keith davis

Mar 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/2/97

Beavis <cr...@crapp.net> wrote:

>smd wrote:
>>
>> You can get the store number, it should be posted on the door of the
>> resturant and call 1-800-TACO-BELL and file a complaint. If the
>> store manager is any kind of a manager, he/she will take care of the
>> problem so it doesn't happen in the future. That is how it is supposed to
>> work.

> Yeah haha.. "supposed to work" haha, well all you fucking whiners forget that
>the people there are lucky to make above $7.00 an hour (for shift manager), have to
>put up with retarded idiots making 15 special requests on each order, and jerkoffs
>who think that the workers are there to comfort the customer's mental illnesses.

> I've been a shift manager at a Taco Bell for two years, and I don't give a shit
>either. haha. I'm working on my Computer Science degree, so do I give a fuck? NO!
>hah, I'll be making $40,000 a year soon as I graduate. Taco Bell and all the idiot
>customers can suck my nuts. Stick that in your burrito.

> It's really sad to see all these TB managers/crew on here preaching their brain-
>washed "customer is allways right" bullshit. Those loosers will be working there
>for the rest of their pathetic lives hahahahahha....

yeah, but by the time you graduate, i'll be making 45000 plus have
stock and tenure with the largest restaurant company in the world.
thanx, for the offer, but i don't like sunflower seeds.

Beavis

Mar 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/3/97

laurin keith davis wrote:

> > It's really sad to see all these TB managers/crew on here preaching their brain-
> >washed "customer is allways right" bullshit. Those loosers will be working there
> >for the rest of their pathetic lives hahahahahha....
>

> oh, yeah! my shifts under me make 9.50 an hour! and one is only 18
> years old! (and thses are some of the hardest working people i've met,
> and i used to be a roofer)

Oh, wow, yay, woopie,.. 9.50 huh... hmmmm haha, 2 more dollars than I used to
make before I quit Taco Bell (Last week!!! What a party I threw!). Now I make
$450 a week as a starting programmer. I plan to go through drive-thru in my new
car to piss them off haha.. Not that I'm a mean guy, there were some nice people
that worked there, but the majority were looser scumbags from the armpit of
scum (and that's just the RGM and AGM hahahahaha).

Beavis

Mar 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/3/97

laurin keith davis wrote:

> Beavis <cr...@crapp.net> wrote:
>
> > I've been a shift manager at a Taco Bell for two years, and I don't give a shit
> >either. haha. I'm working on my Computer Science degree, so do I give a fuck? NO!
> >hah, I'll be making $40,000 a year soon as I graduate. Taco Bell and all the idiot
> >customers can suck my nuts. Stick that in your burrito.
>
> yeah, but by the time you graduate, i'll be making 45000 plus have
> stock and tenure with the largest restaurant company in the world.
> thanx, for the offer, but i don't like sunflower seeds.

Stock in PepsiCo??? Hahhaha... Unless you've lived in a cave for the past
year you would know that PepsiCo has dumped TB and Pizza Hut, and hopefully KFC.
(KFC was great before PepsiCo bought it.. This is PepsiCo's theme for business:
make the portions as small as possible, charge out the ass, and still try to
convince the customer that they are getting a value and the employee that they
have a real job hahah...). You're gonna end up working for some franchise
owners named Bubba and Pauley! haha.

BTW: learn how to edit your QUOTES properly.

LSander153

Mar 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/3/97

>>Taco Bell and all the idiot
>>customers can suck my nuts.

>thanx, for the offer, but i don't like sunflower seeds.

ROTF!!!!

LMFAO!!!

Mike

Mar 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/4/97

Can't we all just have a taco?

LSander153

Mar 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/5/97

>> Can't we all just have a taco?

ROTF!!! (Rolling On The Floor)

(With LAUGHTER, *NOT* as a result of being whacked and assaulted by police
officers).

aKia

Mar 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/7/97

Probe wrote:

> Beavis <cr...@crapp.net> brought forth from the fingertips:

> > Oh, wow, yay, woopie,.. 9.50 huh... hmmmm haha, 2 more dollars than I used to
> >make before I quit Taco Bell (Last week!!! What a party I threw!). Now I make
> >$450 a week as a starting programmer. I plan to go through drive-thru in my new
> >car to piss them off haha..

> You judge people by how much they make? How pathetic. Would that mean that
> you're 31% less human than I if I make $2700 per month delivering pizza?

Hi,

well in his case yes...but it has nothing to do with what he makes (for
the short time he has the job before he gets fired).

--

By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer
meets the definition of a telephone fax machine. By Sec.227(b)(1)(C),
it is unlawful to send any unsolicited advertisement to such equipment.
By Sec.227(b)(3)(C), a violation of the aforementioned Section is
punishable by action to recover actual monetary loss, or $500,

whichever is greater, for each violation. All incoming unsolicited

Probe

Mar 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/8/97

Beavis <cr...@crapp.net> brought forth from the fingertips:

> Oh, wow, yay, woopie,.. 9.50 huh... hmmmm haha, 2 more dollars than I used to
>make before I quit Taco Bell (Last week!!! What a party I threw!). Now I make
>$450 a week as a starting programmer. I plan to go through drive-thru in my new

>car to piss them off haha.. Not that I'm a mean guy, there were some nice people
>that worked there, but the majority were looser scumbags from the armpit of
>scum (and that's just the RGM and AGM hahahahaha).

You judge people by how much they make? How pathetic. Would that mean that

KitKat5074

Mar 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/20/97

i hate to tell you this but not all the AGM and RGM are "loser scumbuckets
from the armpits of scum" I use to work for Taco Bell as an AGM, and i
surely was not that. I'm quite attractive female....all my crew and other
managers were the same. We hired no one like that.