I Was Told That There Was A FAQ List

Stein

Apr 29, 1992, 5:38:48 PM4/29/92
In alt.folklore.urban,
article <STEINAR.92...@faust.solan.unit.no>,
ste...@faust.solan.unit.no (Cindy Kandolf) wrote:

>>> OFFICIAL AFU MASCOT
>>> - My pet King snake, Elvis
>>> - Peter's pet dalmatian dog, Pixel
>>> - snopes' pet cat, snopes
>>> - Joe Chew's pet gerbil, Dicky
>>how about my non-biological ("stuffed" to you non-pc types)gator, harvee?
>How about my pet troll, Stein?
>
>-Cindy Kandolf
> ci...@solan.unit.no
> Trondheim, Norway
>
>Have any of you ever tried to housebreak a troll....?

Is this a coincidence? if not, I'm flattered...

'The older I get, the better I used to be' -Lykketrollet

Stein I. Krav - s...@cs.uow.edu.au
'Oh... I see you have a machine that goes PING' - !John Cleese:-)
'When thou walkest through the fire, thou shall not be burned.' -Isaiah 43:2

Cindy Kandolf

May 1, 1992, 11:10:11 AM5/1/92
Stein I. Krav writes:
>>How about my pet troll, Stein?
>>
>>-Cindy Kandolf
>
>Is this a coincidence? if not, I'm flattered...

"Fraid it is. The troll was named by husband Steinar, after his (the
troll's) favorite snack....

snopes

May 2, 1992, 5:42:42 PM5/2/92

In article <1992May1.0...@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu>,
las...@watsun.cc.columbia.edu (Charles Lasner) writes...

>I was told that we didn't have to discuss whether Snopes understood
>quantum physics in this group, but I was unaware that we were going to
>discuss the species of readers of the group as well. It seems that Snopes,
>who posts to this group quite a lot, is actually a feline pet of some other
>person, who so strongly identifies with the cat that he, the owner, names
>himself after the animal. Clearly, snopes the cat as a four-legged poster
>(isn't that also some form of bed?) is already our de facto mascot.

Key: (s)nopes = human (more or less)
(S)nopes = feline

- (s)nopes

| Due to the retroactive nature of the President's Policy on Policies, the |
| VAXcluster Disk Policy will be suspended until review of the policy by the |
| President's Council is completed. |
| |
| E-mail from State University of New York at Stony Brook |
| David P. Mikkelson Digital Equipment Corporation Culver City, CA USA |

Charles Lasner

May 3, 1992, 1:32:47 AM5/3/92
In article <1992May3.0...@PA.dec.com> mikk...@breakr.enet.dec.com (snopes) writes:

>In article <1992May1.0...@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu>,
> las...@watsun.cc.columbia.edu (Charles Lasner) writes...
>
>>I was told that we didn't have to discuss whether Snopes understood
>>quantum physics in this group, but I was unaware that we were going to
>>discuss the species of readers of the group as well. It seems that Snopes,
>>who posts to this group quite a lot, is actually a feline pet of some other
>>person, who so strongly identifies with the cat that he, the owner, names
>>himself after the animal. Clearly, snopes the cat as a four-legged poster
>>(isn't that also some form of bed?) is already our de facto mascot.
>
> Key: (s)nopes = human (more or less)
> (S)nopes = feline
>
> - (s)nopes

Now it seems our mascot is getting lazy and has his human master posting for
him. Well, I heard that most cats are lazy, but this is ridiculous :-).

I thought we didn't have to discuss inter-species communications on this
newsgroup.

cjl (I post for myself, my pet has little to do with this)

Warren Burstein

May 3, 1992, 6:40:40 AM5/3/92

> Clearly, snopes the cat as a four-legged poster (isn't that also some form of
> bed?) is already our de facto mascot.

No, it's only in afc that cats use computers. In afu we only accept
posts from lemurs. Well maybe the occasional wombat.
--
/|/-\/-\ The entire *** Jerusalem
|__/__/_/ is a very bitter ***.
|warren@ But the farmer
/ nysernet.org is not *** at all.

Kevin W. Plaxco

May 5, 1992, 1:53:41 PM5/5/92
In article <18...@israel.nysernet.org> war...@nysernet.org writes:
>In <1992May1.0...@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> las...@watsun.cc.columbia.edu (Charles Lasner) writes:
>> Clearly, snopes the cat as a four-legged poster (isn't that also some form of
>> bed?) is already our de facto mascot.
>
>No, it's only in afc that cats use computers. In afu we only accept
>posts from lemurs. Well maybe the occasional wombat.
^^^^^^

That's Lemmings.

-Kevin