Snopes agitprop dissected by citizen's group

free...@hotmail.com

Oct 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/30/98
Recently, two regular posters to this newsgroup went on a talk radio station
in the nation's second-largest market and misrepresented, with ignorance,
malice, or some combination thereof, the story behind the trail of dead
bodies that has followed Bill Clinton for twenty years.

I know the readers of alt.folklore.urban are reasonable people who recognize
that politcal murder has been a reality and part of history since the folks
hanging between the Tigris and Euphrates decided to start organizing
themselves.

So all AFUists, Kibologists, SubGenii, once and future RATMers and any who are
willing to freely and openly discuss the facts, willing to ask questions,
willing to challenge wisdoms both conventional and unconventional, "left" and
"right," are invited to join in an open discussion of the so-called "Clinton
Body Count" at:

http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3639284c352a.htm

If nothing else, just study all the vectoring.

[apologies if this is a near-repost]

Mike Holmans

Oct 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/30/98
On Fri, 30 Oct 1998 07:52:40 GMT, free...@hotmail.com decided to
opine:

>Recently, two regular posters to this newsgroup went on a talk radio station
>in the nation's second-largest market and misrepresented, with ignorance,
>malice, or some combination thereof, the story behind the trail of dead
>bodies that has followed Bill Clinton for twenty years.
>
>I know the readers of alt.folklore.urban are reasonable people who recognize
>that politcal murder has been a reality and part of history since the folks
>hanging between the Tigris and Euphrates decided to start organizing
>themselves.

Indeed. Readers of alt.folklore.urban also recognize that just because
someone dies, it does not automatically follow that they were murdered
on the orders of the President of the United States.

>So all AFUists, Kibologists, SubGenii, once and future RATMers and any who are
>willing to freely and openly discuss the facts, willing to ask questions,
>willing to challenge wisdoms both conventional and unconventional, "left" and
>"right," are invited to join in an open discussion of the so-called "Clinton
>Body Count" at:
>
>http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3639284c352a.htm

Where you will find Barbara Mikkelson's article, available on the web
at <http://snopes.simplenet.com/faxlore/clinton.htm>, in which she
subjects the "Clinton Body Count" story to the kind of skeptical
criticism for which she is well-known.

Further discussion of this topic will not be welcome in
alt.folklore.urban, because it will simply attract loons, and we've
got enough boring nitwits floating around here already.

Follow-ups set.

Mike "corpus numerati" Holmans

--
"Yorkshire is a state of mind" - Dave Budd

The exciting AFU FAQ, and many other things, can be found at
http://www.urbanlegends.com

Keith Woodard

Oct 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/30/98
On Fri, 30 Oct 1998 13:06:35 GMT, pos...@jackalope.demon.co.uk (Mike
Holmans) wrote:

>Barbara Mikkelson's article, available on the web
>at <http://snopes.simplenet.com/faxlore/clinton.htm>,

There's an even better version at:

http://snopes.simplenet.com/spoons/faxlore/clinton.htm

Kind regards,

Keith

nancy g.

Oct 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/30/98
Mike Holmans wrote:

(and set followups elsewhere, btw, but I've put them back here
in case others from AFU may try to find the article and run into
the same problem I did):

> Where you will find Barbara Mikkelson's article, available on the web
> at <http://snopes.simplenet.com/faxlore/clinton.htm>, in which she
> subjects the "Clinton Body Count" story to the kind of skeptical
> criticism for which she is well-known.

Not quite. I tried that URL and it was dead. (Hmmmmm ... maybe it's a ...
Nope. Won't go there.)

Anyway. The URL that works to retrieve the article is

http://snopes.simplenet.com/spoons/faxlore/clinton.htm

By the way, whoever's in charge (Barbara? Izzat you?) of the search engine

http://snopes.simplenet.com/info/search/search.htm

might be interested to know that searching for "Clinton" and "body" and
"count" gave me a "Sorry, no can find" result, as did a search for "Clinton"
and "body". The one that eventually worked was for only the word "Clinton."

It is a fascinating rebuttal to that "death list" thing, and I've
forwarded the URL to a couple of people I know who swear by the truth
of the original list.

Thanks for mentioning it, Mike.

nancy "and the James Milam entry is my favorite, too, I think" g.

Mike Holmans

Oct 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/30/98
On 30 Oct 1998 15:44:08 GMT, qwoo...@nospam.net (Keith Woodard)
decided to opine:

>On Fri, 30 Oct 1998 13:06:35 GMT, pos...@jackalope.demon.co.uk (Mike
>Holmans) wrote:
>

>>Barbara Mikkelson's article, available on the web
>>at <http://snopes.simplenet.com/faxlore/clinton.htm>,
>

>There's an even better version at:
>
>http://snopes.simplenet.com/spoons/faxlore/clinton.htm

Oops. I lifted the URL from the execrable place which the original
post referred to, rather than going to check it for myself.

Mike "see how those conspiracy theorists distort everything?" Holmans

Richard Brandt

Oct 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/31/98
free...@hotmail.com wrote:

> Recently, two regular posters to this newsgroup went on a talk radio station
> in the nation's second-largest market and misrepresented, with ignorance,
> malice, or some combination thereof, the story behind the trail of dead

How many people that you know or have been acquainted with have
died?

Richard "I knew quite a few myself" Brandt
--
== Richard Brandt is at http://www.geocities.com/Athens/8720/ ==
"Oh, so Mother Nature needs a favor! Well maybe she should have