Bitsavers

Peter Flass

Jan 19, 2020, 1:29:07 PM1/19/20

Is it just me? I haven’t been able to connect to Bitsavers for the last
couple of days.

--
Pete

Quadibloc

Jan 19, 2020, 1:57:41 PM1/19/20
On Sunday, January 19, 2020 at 11:29:07 AM UTC-7, Peter Flass wrote:
> Is it just me? I haven’t been able to connect to Bitsavers for the last
> couple of days.

I just tried to connect to it now, and found it was down. So this is a real phenomenon.

John Savard

Al Kossow

Jan 19, 2020, 2:03:05 PM1/19/20
A server failure has taken down all of the classiccmp hosted sites

It is unclear how long it will be before I can rsync it back from my local backups
so just use the mirrors

Bob Eager

Jan 19, 2020, 5:50:46 PM1/19/20
If anyone is in the UK, I managed to get this set up years ago:

http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/www.bitsavers.org/

--
Using UNIX since v6 (1975)...

Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Quadibloc

Jan 19, 2020, 6:14:22 PM1/19/20
On Sunday, January 19, 2020 at 12:03:05 PM UTC-7, Al Kossow wrote:

> A server failure has taken down all of the classiccmp hosted sites
>
> It is unclear how long it will be before I can rsync it back from my local backups
> so just use the mirrors

Yes, there are mirrors. I've been trying to use the Internet Archive, as they
are less likely to be overloaded than even your mirrors.

I'm just glad that you were all right. I had checked your site, though, not to
look for an existing document, but to see if there was anything new.

John Savard