OFF TOPIC: Time magazine sold to interests backed by Koch Bros.

hanc...@bbs.cpcn.com

Nov 27, 2017, 1:56:57 PM11/27/17
OFF TOPIC:

A long chapter in media history came to an unlikely close on Sunday
night with a sale agreement for Time Inc., the publisher of once-
prestigious magazine titles including Time, Sports Illustrated
and People. The Meredith Corporation — the owner of Family
Circle, Better Homes and Gardens and AllRecipes — agreed to
purchase Time Inc. in an all-cash transaction valued at nearly
$3 billion. The deal was made possible, in part, by an infusion
of $650 million from the private equity arm of Charles G. and
David H. Koch, the billionaire brothers known for using their
wealth and political connections to advance conservative causes.

full article at:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/26/business/dealbook/time-inc-meredith-corporation-koch-brothers.html?

Bob Eager

Nov 27, 2017, 2:22:49 PM11/27/17
Trump will go to any lengths to get on that cover.

--
Using UNIX since v6 (1975)...

Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Scott Lurndal

Nov 27, 2017, 2:49:14 PM11/27/17
Bob Eager <news...@eager.cx> writes:
>On Mon, 27 Nov 2017 10:56:56 -0800, hancock4 wrote:
>
>> OFF TOPIC:
>>
>> A long chapter in media history came to an unlikely close on Sunday
>> night with a sale agreement for Time Inc., the publisher of once-
>> prestigious magazine titles including Time, Sports Illustrated and
>> People. The Meredith Corporation — the owner of Family Circle, Better
>> Homes and Gardens and AllRecipes — agreed to purchase Time Inc. in an
>> all-cash transaction valued at nearly $3 billion. The deal was made
>> possible, in part, by an infusion of $650 million from the private
>> equity arm of Charles G. and David H. Koch, the billionaire brothers
>> known for using their wealth and political connections to advance
>> conservative causes.
>>
>> full article at:
>> https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/26/business/dealbook/time-inc-meredith-
>corporation-koch-brothers.html?
>
>Trump will go to any lengths to get on that cover.

Oddly Meridith used to be the printer for Playboy magazine.

maus

Nov 28, 2017, 3:31:09 AM11/28/17
Oh, Gawd.. I once used subscribe to Time, but their reporting of the
,well, earlyish stages of the war in Vietnam put me off.
Potentially worse than Murdock's takeover of National Geographic.

--
greymaus.ireland.ie
Just_Another_Grumpy_Old_Man