Looking for an old friend...

Knightsilk

Jan 30, 2002, 12:30:38 PM1/30/02
Has anyone any information about a lady who signed on as rj? I have not
seen her posts for some time and wonder what happened to her.

Thanks...
Michael

Jjjjjulie

Jan 30, 2002, 3:13:06 PM1/30/02

>From: "Knightsilk" silk...@hotmail.com

>Has anyone any information about a lady who signed on as rj? I have not
>seen her posts for some time and wonder what happened to her.

I would guess that if she wanted to keep in touch with you, you would have
heard from her by now.

--
Julie P., the alt.fashion curmudgeon
"The sense of being perfectly well-dressed gives a feeling of inward

Message has been deleted

Knightsilk

Jan 30, 2002, 6:39:11 PM1/30/02
We are bitter, no? So sad. I was polite and you are rude. There are any
number of reasons for losing contact with someone. But then, you knew that.
*kotc*

Michael~

"Jjjjjulie" <jjjj...@aol.comehither> wrote in message

Jjjjjulie

Jan 30, 2002, 7:32:17 PM1/30/02
>From: Knightsilk <silk...@hotmail.com>

> We are bitter, no? So sad. I was polite and you are rude. There are any
> number of reasons for losing contact with someone. But then, you knew that.
> *kotc*

Oooh, name-calling. Always the sign that the other person has no more logic to
bring to the discussion.

You aren't polite, but I suspect you may be one of the folks who tries to stalk
rj by asking us if we've heard from her recently, because, oh what is you say:

>I have not seen her posts for some time and wonder what happened to her.

yet she just posted earlier this month. From her usual email address. Which
means she's ignorning you.

Folks, please don't give this stranger any info you may have about rjk.
Thanks.

Julie P. (who thinks she knows why this particular poster rarely posts anymore)

o3

Jan 30, 2002, 9:42:48 PM1/30/02

>Julie P. (who thinks she knows why this particular poster rarely posts
anymore)

thanks for my new sig line. this one's a classic.

Ruddell

Jan 30, 2002, 8:50:08 PM1/30/02

Knightsilk wrote:

> We are bitter, no?

jjjjj be bitter? That's like saying kkkkk is bitter as well ;-)

> So sad. I was polite and you are rude.

I thought your post was reasonable and probably most did as well.

> There are any
> number of reasons for losing contact with someone.

Oh yes and sometimes rather simple. Maybe just a computer problem or
work extrodinaire?

> But then, you knew that.

Uhhh...no comment :-)

> *kotc*

Knock off the crap or King of the Castle? Am I close?

Dennis

Knightsilk

Jan 31, 2002, 12:34:59 AM1/31/02
Not sure what jjjjjjjjjjj 's problem is. Perhaps she wrapped her headscarf
too tightly... or her panties are in a wedgie... anyway, it's of no concern.
I got the info I needed from several classy individuals. Nice to know they
still exist.

Have a great day!

Michael~

P.S. Actually *kotc* is kiss on the cheek, but rj would have known that and
would see the sarcasm...

"Ruddell" <ruddellS...@accesscomm.ca> wrote in message

CaliforniaGirl

Jan 31, 2002, 12:53:10 AM1/31/02
>From: "Knightsilk"

>Not sure what jjjjjjjjjjj 's problem is. Perhaps she wrapped her headscarf
>too tightly... or her panties are in a wedgie... anyway, it's of no concern.
>I got the info I needed from several classy individuals. Nice to know they
>still exist.

Something like that, hehe.

There's no money in poetry, but then there's no poetry in money, either.
Robert Graves
One cannot subdue a man by holding back his hands. Lasting peace comes not from
force.
David Borenstein

Charles L. Perrin

Jan 31, 2002, 1:10:05 AM1/31/02
On Thu, 31 Jan 2002 05:34:59 GMT, "Knightsilk" <silk...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Not sure what jjjjjjjjjjj 's problem is. Perhaps she wrapped her headscarf
>too tightly... or her panties are in a wedgie...

You noticed that, too?

Message has been deleted

Kris in Philly

Jan 31, 2002, 9:04:07 PM1/31/02
>She probably just needs to have her drains cleared.

Speaking of having drains cleared...

What is your sure fire way of clearning the gunk out of your face?
Your tried and true masks or tricks? The ones that always give results
and make you glow.

Anytime my skin is looking dull I mix two aspirin (Diane, I should
send you a nickel everytime I buy a bottle of this) with a few squirts
of OoO Daily Refining Scrub. Leave it on for about five to ten minutes
and rinse off. Smooth, soft and glowing skin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kris in Philly

The ideal cleaning spree is sweeping the room with a glance.

Diane Hardin

Jan 31, 2002, 10:31:48 PM1/31/02
In article <3c59f4c1...@news4.bellatlantic.net>, Kris in Philly
<bluem...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Speaking of having drains cleared...
>
> What is your sure fire way of clearning the gunk out of your face?
> Your tried and true masks or tricks? The ones that always give results
> and make you glow.
>
> Anytime my skin is looking dull I mix two aspirin (Diane, I should
> send you a nickel everytime I buy a bottle of this) with a few squirts
> of OoO Daily Refining Scrub. Leave it on for about five to ten minutes
> and rinse off. Smooth, soft and glowing skin.

send me those nickels! and I am all into the Caudalie exfoliant/gommage
now...you can REALLY ensmoothen your skin with this stuff (yes, I know
"ensmoothen" is not a real word). it's much cheaper when your order it
from across the pond.

-Diane

Kris in Philly

Jan 31, 2002, 10:51:42 PM1/31/02
>send me those nickels! and I am all into the Caudalie exfoliant/gommage
>now...you can REALLY ensmoothen your skin with this stuff (yes, I know
>"ensmoothen" is not a real word). it's much cheaper when your order it
>from across the pond.
>
>-Diane

Hmmm, I just might have to check this out. I just finished up a tube
of exfoliant and might need to replace that empty space.

Leslie

Jan 31, 2002, 11:12:10 PM1/31/02
Kris in Philly wrote:

> >send me those nickels! and I am all into the Caudalie exfoliant/gommage
> >now...you can REALLY ensmoothen your skin with this stuff (yes, I know
> >"ensmoothen" is not a real word). it's much cheaper when your order it
> >from across the pond.
> >
> >-Diane
>
> Hmmm, I just might have to check this out. I just finished up a tube
> of exfoliant and might need to replace that empty space.

The nice ladies at Sephora gave me a sample of this (I was looking for the
eye cream, darn that CZJ). I've only used it twice now, and haven't really
noticed any special results. OTOH, no problems or breakouts either.

Leslie

Diane Hardin

Feb 1, 2002, 12:00:25 AM2/1/02
In article <3C5A171C...@ENDSPAMworldnet.att.net>, Leslie
<lbi...@ENDSPAMworldnet.att.net> wrote:

> The nice ladies at Sephora gave me a sample of this (I was looking for the
> eye cream, darn that CZJ). I've only used it twice now, and haven't really
> noticed any special results. OTOH, no problems or breakouts either.

aha. there is a trick to using it that is not mentioned on the
packaging, but something most aestheticians learn. use the scrub as
usual on damp skin, then leave it on while you rinse and dry your
hands. when the stuff on your face is almost dry but still a bit tacky
to the touch, start sloughing it off by rubbing quickly and lightly in
large circles with your fingertips. watch lots of skin-colored
exfoliant roll off and into the sink. it's fun! and it's not for
sensitive skin.

-Diane

Melanie

Feb 1, 2002, 1:21:40 AM2/1/02
Diane wrote:
>aha. there is a trick to using it that is not mentioned on the
>packaging, but something most aestheticians learn. use the scrub as
>usual on damp skin, then leave it on while you rinse and dry your
>hands. when the stuff on your face is almost dry but still a bit tacky
>to the touch, start sloughing it off by rubbing quickly and lightly in
>large circles with your fingertips. watch lots of skin-colored
>exfoliant roll off and into the sink. it's fun! and it's not for
>sensitive skin.

Diane,
Is this only for this particular product or do you think it would work with any
scrub?

***********************************
Earn free products...host your e-party now!
http://my.tupperware.com/melaniewittman

Diane Hardin

Feb 1, 2002, 3:50:26 AM2/1/02
In article <20020201012140...@mb-fc.aol.com>, Melanie
<me...@aol.com> wrote:

> Diane wrote:
> >aha. there is a trick to using it that is not mentioned on the
> >packaging, but something most aestheticians learn. use the scrub as
> >usual on damp skin, then leave it on while you rinse and dry your
> >hands. when the stuff on your face is almost dry but still a bit tacky
> >to the touch, start sloughing it off by rubbing quickly and lightly in
> >large circles with your fingertips. watch lots of skin-colored
> >exfoliant roll off and into the sink. it's fun! and it's not for
> >sensitive skin.
>
> Diane,
> Is this only for this particular product or do you think it would work with any
> scrub?

it works with all scrubs that contain some sort of wax -- either jojoba
wax beads (as in the caudalie) or paraffin (which is usually in the
foot/elbow/knee exfoliants). most of what you're rolling off is
wax...but some of the top layer of the skin sticks to the wax, as well
as some of the stuff in the pores. I wouldn't do an exfoliation like
this more than once a week.

and to make it work right, it's important to let it dry enough, but not
too much -- just so it's dry/tacky to the touch. if it's too dry, you
can always mist your face with water to reactivate it. your hands,
however, must be bone dry.

-Diane