wow! and thanks...

Michele317

May 11, 2001, 12:59:44 AM5/11/01
all of these messages and e-mails have been so lovely, and i'm so grateful...
thanks! i was just so overwhelmed... after my father died, i ended up with my
first dog, my first car and my first house... all of which need attention and
repairs of some sort. my brother lives in another state so i'm doing all of
this myself, and all of the kind messages here (and i still haven't finished
replying to my e-mails!) have made me feel as if i will eventually sort all of
this out. my alt fashion move du jour was to give alfie a bath with herbal
essence shampoo (the original scent)... he does look awfully shiny and cute
today and taking care of him is keeping me nice and busy. i assume there's a
special dog shampoo i should get, but for now he smells great. thanks again to
all the people here who i've met and not met and feel close to just because we
all have computers... you guys are awesome. xox

head...@coming.uprosesnet

May 11, 2001, 7:13:15 AM5/11/01
So you ended up with the dog AND a house AND a car?? Are you going to
be living in the house??

We always use herbal essence shampoo on our dogs. It helps cut the
doggie smell a bit :-). Remember the (short-lived) shampoo called Gee
Your Hair Smells Terrific? We call Herbal Essence, Gee Your Fur Smells
Terrific. We use it just on the dogs.

Michele317

May 12, 2001, 2:27:15 PM5/12/01
>So you ended up with the dog AND a house AND a car?? Are you going to
>be living in the house??

part time, because it's near the beach. my dad built it himself, using ideas in
a book called (i'm not kidding) 'build your dream house for $3500'. of course,
that was well before i was born... but i love the house and plan on doing many
fashionable renovations to it this summer :).

>We always use herbal essence shampoo on our dogs. It helps cut the
>doggie smell a bit :-). Remember the (short-lived) shampoo called Gee
>Your Hair Smells Terrific? We call Herbal Essence, Gee Your Fur Smells
>Terrific. We use it just on the dogs.

it made alfie smell great, and he was extra shiny. on a fashion note, he's
refusing to wear what the vet calls an 'elizabethan collar' and what i call
'the cone of shame': that plastic lampshade thing. i took him to the vet
yesterday and found out his runny eye was due to a tiny scratch in his cornea.
i decorated the cone with stickers, and removed the gauze tie and replaced it
with a jaunty ribbon, but all to no avail.
and a massive thanks to everyone who told me dog accessory websites... so much
cute stuff out there!
michele, who is becoming one of those dog-nuts and is taking alfie to a local
restaurant with dog-friendly outdoor seating....