CF6 Growing Pains, Organizational Matters

瀏覽次數:5 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

C. Baden

未讀,
1995年1月17日 凌晨3:42:261995/1/17
收件者:
ConFurence 6, with its spurt of growth (up to 850+), has outstripped the
capability of its current organization. This DOESN'T mean that the
people running it can't handle it - but it does mean that they need to
handle it differently.

Allow me to read off the committee roster, as printed in the CF6 program
book.

ConFurence Credits

Con-Directors, Programming, Facilities, Publications:
Mark Merlino, Rod O'Riley, John Alan Stanley

Hotel Facilities:
Atrium Marquis Hotel, Irvine, CA
Dorine Skuse, Tricia Wall

Art Show:
Jazmyn Concolor, John Alan Stanley, Vicky Levitin

Video Programming:
John Cawley, Larry Adams, James Lomax, Henry Brown Jr.

Official Mascots:
Sydney Fisher, Cairn Fisher

T-Shirts:
Daphne Lage, Ken Bolland

Printing:
A E Press, Concord, CA

Staff Members: [forgive me, I'm just typing in the last names]
Adams, Bliss, Brace, Brown, Callicott, Concolor, D'Anna, Fitelson,
Friedman, Gattuso, Geyer, Geyer, Gray, Hanson, Hanz, Henderson,
Iennaco, Ieannaco, Johnson, Klinkler, Klinkler, Levitin, Lomax,
Malcomson, McDaniel, McDaniel, Melman, Merlino, Miller, Nezzer,
Nielsen, O'Guinn, O'Riley, Paxton, Peterson, Pierre, Prange, Raney,
Shapero, Stanley, Taliaferro, Wally, Wilson

Super Sponsors! [again, last names only]
Bliss, Brady, Breuckman, Buchmann, Conway, Costa, Dasenbrock,
Ewell, Fabian, Farey, Glaskowski, Hines, Johnson, Lara, Lewis,
Lyzohub, Malloy, Mancebo, Muench, Orth, Osman, Pennington, Peterson,
Province, Repas, Selewski, Shannon, Thatcher, Van Deusen, Wilhite

Sponsors: [last names, I'm almost done here]
Adams, Barth, Carpman, Danaher, Doove, Fields, Fitch, Gattuso, Green,
Griffin, Hackett, Hammar, Haskell, Hockins, Kellner, King, Lussmyer,
Lyzohub, Meyer, Miyoda, Needleman, Nielsen, Overall, Reiss,
Staehlin, Uehara, Van Stry, Whitmore, Zubkoff

... that's it. Okay, possible new structure... You can take this, and
fill in the names of those who were responsible this time around, and go
from there. (That might make an interesting follow-up -- you can see how
many "hats" people are wearing...)

Chair: Mark Merlino
Directors: blah, blah, blah [I'm not going to retype everyone, because
I'll get them wrong, I just know it]
Art Show:
Hotel Liason:
Programming: [note that person in charge of Programming overall might also
be in charge of one of the specific areas of Programming]
Programming, Video:
Programming, Panels:
Programming, Big Events (Costume Contest/Cabaret):
Programming, Catered Events (Ice Cream Social/Pizza Feed)
Guest Liason:
Hospitality:
Sponsor Lounge:
Staff Lounge:
Con Suite: [should you decide to add a Con Suite, that is]
Catered Events (if this seems to make more sense under Hospitality than
under Programming)
Dealer's Room:
Registration:
Publications:
Information:
Volunteers Coordinator:
Office Manager:
Operations:
Security: (Badge-checkers)
Ops Rovers: (making sure everything's running smoothly)

Hmmm... that's all I can think of right off the top of my head. (Have I
left anything out?)

My point today, is that all of these functions were being handled, by
someone, at CF6. Fill in who did what, and you'll begin to see how
overworked you were!

--
ha...@netcom.com - Home of Margarita Jell-O, an alcoholic use for lime
jello. Email me w/ "request margarita" as subject or message for recipe.

* L.A.con III * World Science Fiction Convention * lacon...@netcom.com
* Aug29-Sep02 '96, Anaheim CA * Ftp = ftp.netcom.com:/pub/la/lacon3-info/
**> Web page = http://sundry.hsc.usc.edu/lacon3-info/www/lacon3.html
* Alternate = ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/la/lacon3-info/www/lacon3.html
* Join for $90 * L.A.con III, c/o SCIFI P.O. Box 8442, Van Nuys CA 91409

C. Baden

未讀,
1995年1月17日 凌晨4:28:501995/1/17
收件者:
Jazmyn Concolor (jaz...@netcom.com) wrote:

: Since Mark never has time to read A.f.f..I'd suggest sending him your
: sugestions via email instead.

How about "in addition"?

Jazmyn Concolor

未讀,
1995年1月18日 凌晨1:44:301995/1/18
收件者:
In article <hazelD2...@netcom.com>,

C. Baden <hazel...@netcom.com> wrote:
>Jazmyn Concolor (jaz...@netcom.com) wrote:
>
>: Since Mark never has time to read A.f.f..I'd suggest sending him your
>: sugestions via email instead.
>
>How about "in addition"?

That to... :)

0 則新訊息