Family Guy Star Wars show

RobMac

Sep 23, 2007, 10:39:00 PM9/23/07
Tonight's 6th Season Premiere of Family Guy - "Blue Harvest"
was *by far* the funniest hour of television I have ever seen!

THANK YOU, SETH!
My sides are hurting, my face is contorted in a permanent grin,
and I am fresh out of tears form laughing so goddamned hard!

Just a few of my favorite moments (that I can remember right now)....

"Luke, tell Uncle Owen not to tell you that Darth Vader is your father!"

"And announced today, Lando Calrissian has been named the new administrator
of the Bespin Mining Facility. I wonder how he got that job? I'll tell you -
Affirmative Action, that's how!"

"Don't worry, I know a few maneuvers, we'll lose them"
"That's it? That's your maneuver?! You just listed lazily to the left!"
"Where'd they go!?! Oh, there they are, they're listing lazily to the left"
"This guy knows a few good maneuvers!"

"Red Two standing by"..."Red Three standing by"...
"Red Five standing by"..."Red Buttons standing by"...
"Red Fox standing by"..."Red October standing by"...

"I tell you what, princess, when we get out of here you can show me around
your
home planet of Alderaan - Oooohhhhhhhhh.....Too soon?"

And the "Robot Chicken did a Star Wars episode like, three months ago!"
argument is an instant classic!
(And the RC:SW episode was the funniest half-hour on TV!)

For those who might not know :
- "Blue Harvest" is the fake name used when filming "Return of the Jedi"
- Chris Griffin is, of course, Seth Green, co-creator of & 90% of the voices
on Robot Chicken, and Peter is Seth MacFarlane, creator of FG, who
frequently does voices on RC

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

Sep 24, 2007, 6:47:36 AM9/24/07

"RobMac" <rpmcc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Tonight's 6th Season Premiere of Family Guy - "Blue Harvest"
> was *by far* the funniest hour of television I have ever seen!
>
> THANK YOU, SETH!
> My sides are hurting, my face is contorted in a permanent grin,
> and I am fresh out of tears form laughing so goddamned hard!
>
> Just a few of my favorite moments (that I can remember right now)....
>
> "Luke, tell Uncle Owen not to tell you that Darth Vader is your father!"
>
> "And announced today, Lando Calrissian has been named the new
administrator
> of the Bespin Mining Facility. I wonder how he got that job? I'll tell
you -
> Affirmative Action, that's how!"
>
> "Don't worry, I know a few maneuvers, we'll lose them"
> "That's it? That's your maneuver?! You just listed lazily to the left!"
> "Where'd they go!?! Oh, there they are, they're listing lazily to the
left"
> "This guy knows a few good maneuvers!"
>
> "Red Two standing by"..."Red Three standing by"...
> "Red Five standing by"..."Red Buttons standing by"...
> "Red Fox standing by"..."Red October standing by"...

"Big Red standing by"..."Simply Red standing by"...

And the correct spelling is Redd Foxx.

> "I tell you what, princess, when we get out of here you can show me around
> your
> home planet of Alderaan - Oooohhhhhhhhh.....Too soon?"
>
> And the "Robot Chicken did a Star Wars episode like, three months ago!"
> argument is an instant classic!
> (And the RC:SW episode was the funniest half-hour on TV!)

"Man, hyperspace always looks so freaky," and out the window you see the
opening of Doctor Who (from the Tom Baker years.)

"What the Hell? Oh my god, we came outta hyperspace into an asteroid
field," and out the window you see the classic Asteroids video game.

RobMac

Sep 24, 2007, 8:06:28 AM9/24/07

"Skwisgaar Skwigelf" <Skwi...@dethklok.org> wrote in message

> "RobMac" <rpmcc...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Tonight's 6th Season Premiere of Family Guy - "Blue Harvest"
>> was *by far* the funniest hour of television I have ever seen!
>>
>> THANK YOU, SETH!
>> My sides are hurting, my face is contorted in a permanent grin,
>> and I am fresh out of tears form laughing so goddamned hard!
>>
>> Just a few of my favorite moments (that I can remember right now)....
>>
>> "Luke, tell Uncle Owen not to tell you that Darth Vader is your father!"
>>
>> "And announced today, Lando Calrissian has been named the new
> administrator
>> of the Bespin Mining Facility. I wonder how he got that job? I'll tell
> you -
>> Affirmative Action, that's how!"
>>
>> "Don't worry, I know a few maneuvers, we'll lose them"
>> "That's it? That's your maneuver?! You just listed lazily to the left!"
>> "Where'd they go!?! Oh, there they are, they're listing lazily to the
> left"
>> "This guy knows a few good maneuvers!"
>>
>> "Red Two standing by"..."Red Three standing by"...
>> "Red Five standing by"..."Red Buttons standing by"...
>> "Red Fox standing by"..."Red October standing by"...
>

> "Big Red standing by"..."Simply Red standing by"...
>
> And the correct spelling is Redd Foxx.

D'oh! Of course.....my bad!

>> "I tell you what, princess, when we get out of here you can show me
>> around
>> your
>> home planet of Alderaan - Oooohhhhhhhhh.....Too soon?"
>>
>> And the "Robot Chicken did a Star Wars episode like, three months ago!"
>> argument is an instant classic!
>> (And the RC:SW episode was the funniest half-hour on TV!)
>
> "Man, hyperspace always looks so freaky," and out the window you see the
> opening of Doctor Who (from the Tom Baker years.)

WITH Tom Baker's face!!

> "What the Hell? Oh my god, we came outta hyperspace into an asteroid
> field," and out the window you see the classic Asteroids video game.

And we can't forget Bender (Futurama), Coach McGuirk (Home Movies), Roger
(American Dad) & the Evil Monkey in the Cantina scene...

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

Sep 24, 2007, 7:44:24 PM9/24/07

"RobMac" <rpmcc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

"Helen Reddy standing by"...

Solon

Sep 24, 2007, 8:44:06 PM9/24/07
On 9/23/07 10:39 PM, _RobMac_ spoke thusly:

I thought it was absolutely brilliant. The Doctor theme (and face) and
Red October were my favourites. I also loved the bits that question the
logic of SW, like "I says forget the dental plan, just give me a railing."

For those who have not seen it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RWEuKF0rfE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b9ojzxhHBk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne_6bfZBMi4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da1LAlRKJEw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Wm76oFC168
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7ZdC5bQlvY

--
usene...@gmail.com
Thunderbird *2* is out! <http://www.mozilla.com>

Flip Wilson

Sep 24, 2007, 9:26:44 PM9/24/07
I loved the "prisoner transfer from cell block 1138" :)

Solon

Sep 24, 2007, 10:29:13 PM9/24/07
On 9/24/07 9:26 PM, _Flip Wilson_ spoke thusly:

> I loved the "prisoner transfer from cell block 1138" :)

"Aren't you a little fat to be a storm trooper?"
"Well, stay here and rot, you stuck up bitch."

Eric Perlin

Sep 24, 2007, 11:33:12 PM9/24/07
"RobMac" wrote:

} Tonight's 6th Season Premiere of Family Guy - "Blue
} Harvest" was *by far* the funniest hour of television
} I have ever seen!

I agree! I laughed hysterically through the whole episode!

Even the introductory scrawl was laugh-out-loud hilarious!

Other great gags:

Rush Limbaugh on the radio in the space car spouting sci-fi conservative
propaganda

Princess Leia having various "Windows" difficulties sending the message to Ben
Kenobi

The shopping mall map on the Death Star

Ben Kenobi's light saber getting an erection when he sees Luke

John Williams and the London Symphony Orchestra performing out in space

The "asteroid field" that looked like the old "Asteroids" video game

The spaceships piloted by Red Buttons, Redd Foxx, and Big Red

I know after I click "post" I'll think of 2 or 3 more great gags I neglected to
mention!

Jedi Jonny

Sep 25, 2007, 5:27:28 AM9/25/07

"Solon" <usene...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On 9/24/07 9:26 PM, _Flip Wilson_ spoke thusly:
> > I loved the "prisoner transfer from cell block 1138" :)
>
> "Aren't you a little fat to be a storm trooper?"
> "Well, stay here and rot, you stuck up bitch."
> --

"I got him, I got him"
"Thats great kid, now don't get penis-y"

Snuden

Sep 25, 2007, 7:37:02 AM9/25/07

My favorite was "R2-D2" taking out a TIE with an automatic pistol and
yelling "that's how we do it in MY neighborhood, bitch"
--
Snuden

"I am a river to my people" -Auda abu Tayi

Message has been deleted

Solon

Sep 25, 2007, 12:18:42 PM9/25/07
On 9/25/07 8:22 AM, _Stan Jensen_ spoke thusly:
> The only thing I didn't like was the musical number. Wasted too much
> time.
>
> And if any of you saw the preview at one of the Cons, there was a
> scene deleted from the broadcast where Luke is being chastised by
> another pilot after the "whomp rats" line.

You mean this...<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbM0VJ39Yek>?
That's from a different episode.

John Duncan Yoyo

Oct 3, 2007, 4:13:46 AM10/3/07

Red Foreman standing by
--
John Duncan Yoyo
------------------------------o)

Tony Harding

Oct 3, 2007, 12:10:25 PM10/3/07

Reddy Kilowatt standing by...

Chuck

Oct 3, 2007, 5:32:02 PM10/3/07
Robot Chicken was better.

--
Chuck

Anybody

Oct 5, 2007, 4:00:42 AM10/5/07
In article <O9PMi.17$203...@newsfe12.lga>, Tony Harding
<ToH...@nowhere.org> wrote:

"Red Fraggle standing by" ...
"Read a-book-last-week standing by" ...
"Eh-oh! Po. Again, again." **

** Translation from alien language: "Red Teletubby standing by."

;-)

RobMac

Oct 5, 2007, 6:33:52 PM10/5/07

"Anybody" <any...@anywhere-anytime.com> wrote in message