Query: What is Artemis's Lover?

XStar Catx

Nov 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/10/97

>Artemis, like his
>littermate/sister/debate opponent Luna

actually...Luna is his lover/wife/co-adviser for Queen Serenity
Neko-chan
>.!.!.<
^kawaii desu ne^

The only thing wrong with sailormoon is the fact that now I can't write
original stories... o-dangos and moons keep finding their way into everything!

Richard Gardineer

Nov 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/10/97

BERTMARCH wrote:

> I've heard mention of this MSTed fanfic, but where is it and what is it? I
> heard one person refer to it as 'nightmarish' and another as 'disgusting', but
> WHAT is it and WHY is it so bad? I just want a straight answer. Thank you.
> -
> Now and then an innocent man is sent to the legislature.
> -Kin Hubbard

My pervert has a first name, it's O - S - C - A - R...

Oscar (oscarm...@hotemail.com) is an anomoly - at least, that is my perecption
of him. Oscar claims to be a hermaphrodite (never mind that the male and female
genetalia are essentially the same organs, differently affected by estrogen and
testosterone), yet refers to himself with male pronouns. Speaking of pronouns, the
main character of his stories "Artemis's Lover" (that old standby) and "A Back
Day" (sequel to "Artemis's Lover") is Oscar himself, yet the stories are written
from the third person.

Why is Oscar a pervert? Well, in his aforementioned stories, Oscar claims to
be the gay/beastialist lover of Artemis. If you are not a Sailor Moon fan (a
"Moonie", except that we're not Korean Christian cultists), here's some background
on Artemis:

Pronounced "Arutemiisu" in Japanese, Artemis is a white, long-tailed cat (in Japan,
long-tailed cats are said to possess supernatural powers), of indeterminate
subspecies, except that he is the size and demeanor of a domesticated housecat.
His main distinguising characteristic, beyond his laziness and obnoxiousness, is a
golden cresent-moon-shaped tattoo on his forehead. Artemis, like his
littermate/sister/debate opponent Luna, is a member of a species of anthropomorphic
(bearing human characteristics, such as reason, speech, and extrasensory
perception) cats living on a planed named Mau, in a unidentified star system. An
unspecified period of time ago (thought to be a thousand Earth years), Artemis and
Luna were Cat Advisors to Queen Serenity of the Moon Kingdom. For more information
on his history, go read a Sailor Moon website.

To spare you the trouble of reading "Artemis's Lover", here's the run-down on
how Oscar and Artemis "met": Oscar, apparently, is an European-American resident
in Tokyo, Japan, and somehow exists in a world in which the Sailor Moon is real,
but not concurrently, previously, or eventually a cartoon character, yet he knows
that the Sailor Moon charaters are fictitious. Oscar finds out Artemis and
Minako's (Artemis's owner) address, and sends Artemis a love letter. Mulling over
the letter while walking down a Tokyo street, Artemis is attacked by most
dishonorable, unharmonious, alley cats in what seems to be Japan's OTHER major
violent crime of the past quarter-century (counting the Kobe child-beheading case,
but that's another story...), and is rescued by Oscar, who takes the cat home with
him, binds Artemis's wounds, and fornicates with him - and then retruns Artemis to
an understanding Minako.

Why is "Artemis's Lover" (both Oscar and his story) so infamous? Not only is
the story objectionable based on the context (beastiality, which also is a
fetish...), but the story is written in such a way as to make people sick!

Starting in the spring/summer of 1997, Megane 6.7 has begun the long, painful
process of MiSTing Oscar's garbage. The results are akin to putting "Ishtar" into
an editing machine and coming out with "The Wizard of Oz". The results can be
viewed at:

A Sailor Moon Romance
http://ww.ctd.nwu.edu/~aerdnahu/
also comes in painful, un-MiSTied form; MiSTied version is distinguished by the
suffix "6.7" to the title

Tenchi's Vaults of Anime MSTings
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Temple/4007/MSTings.html

Web Site Number Nine MiSTing Archive
http://pinky.wtower.com/mst3k/mistings.shtml

You must have a higher-than-normal emotional-pain threshold for these stories
- otherwise, none of the folks here wouldn't be in this line of work.

- Arthur A. Gardineer