Refering to something mentioned before

Throatwobbler Mangrove

Mar 1, 1993, 11:26:35 AM3/1/93

[sorry ... I cannot quote ... it isn't stored anymore]
Eccles wrote something about allowing Terry to use his (Eccles) account...

Hi Terry,
if you come to Munich you can use mine too.
:)

A.f.p. smashes Throatwobbler Mangrove into tiny little pieces and trampels them
to dust ...

Throatwobbler Mangrove

Mar 1, 1993, 2:45:39 PM3/1/93

In article <1993Mar1...@vxdesy.desy.de>, paw...@vxdesy.desy.de writes:

|> In article <1993Mar1.1...@Informatik.TU-Muenchen.DE>, scha...@Informatik.TU-Muenchen.DE (Throatwobbler Mangrove) writes:
|> >

|> > [sorry ... I cannot quote ... it isn't stored anymore]
|> > Eccles wrote something about allowing Terry to use his (Eccles) account...
|> >
|> > Hi Terry,
|> > if you come to Munich you can use mine too.
|> > :)
|> >
|> If you come to Hamburg I can create an account for you on my machine..
|> (Sorry, couldn't resist ;-)
|>
|> Michal
|> --
|> .sig
|> #include .sig
|> <ESC>append FROM .sig
|> ADD FINALLY THIS [....] .sig!!!
|> OK, OK, forget it...

Great, Terry accounts worldwide :)

paw...@vxdesy.desy.de

Mar 1, 1993, 1:25:08 PM3/1/93
In article <1993Mar1.1...@Informatik.TU-Muenchen.DE>, scha...@Informatik.TU-Muenchen.DE (Throatwobbler Mangrove) writes:

> [sorry ... I cannot quote ... it isn't stored anymore]
> Eccles wrote something about allowing Terry to use his (Eccles) account...
>
> Hi Terry,
> if you come to Munich you can use mine too.
> :)

Robert Sadler

Mar 2, 1993, 7:37:34 AM3/2/93
I hate to mention this, but even if you all let Terry at your accounts,
he will not be able to access the stuff on his machine, as:
a)It is a dos machine and needs to phone up the internet to get the
stuff in the first place which requires some serious software tweaking
to do without human input.
b)If Terry leaves his machine dialed into the internet so that he can
telnet into it for a whole month, then he might be able to go back to
getting all his money in one bank.

I think the nice men at demon will redirect mail if you ask them, but
news you have to pick up locally.
--
Rob Sadler r...@spencer.demon.co.uk
This item was brought to you by the letters R, O and B and the number 24.

Eccles

Mar 5, 1993, 2:42:15 AM3/5/93
Ter...@unseen.demon.co.uk (Terry Pratchett) writes:

>I realise I can't pick up my mail from elsewhere without making special and
>probably complicated arrangements, but surely I can dip into newsgroups if
>they're available at a site I happen to be passing? And even comment, if
>someone assists...

I have been given a shit load of accounts for no good reason....

They support nn tin and rn and probably anything else....

*this is a hint* :)

>It was enough of a problem a couple of years ago when I lugged a Worldport modem
>around with me and used it to send faxes. The way of the portable computer user
>is as a stony path strewn with plugs and sockets, all the wrong size...

*giggle*

Eccles

Ross Smith

Mar 7, 1993, 9:22:39 AM3/7/93
In article <1993Mar5.1...@scorch.apana.org.au> dav...@scorch.apana.org.au (Dave Garner) writes:

> Hey MR Terry,
> Love your human start-up diagnostics in Lords & Ladies.
> The "Arms 2, legs 2, existential dread, randomised guilt,"etc. What a great
>way of describing that sense of impending doom every morning, encompasses all
>the "Oh GOD!is it Satuday?No it isn't,did the clock go off?Am I late?Will the
>car start?Has the milk gone off before coffee?" feelings , all the zillions of
>them shouting at you in the first seconds of awakening. Maybe its the first
>big shock of the day after which all others are easier to cope with.

It's also a quote from "Red Dwarf" :-)

--
...... Ross Smith (Wanganui, NZ) ...... al...@acheron.amigans.gen.nz ......

"Tell ballistics they're fired."

Dave Garner

Mar 9, 1993, 4:25:58 PM3/9/93
al...@acheron.amigans.gen.nz (Ross Smith) writes:

|> The "Arms 2, legs 2, existential dread, randomised guilt,"etc. What a great

|It's also a quote from "Red Dwarf" :-)

|--
|...... Ross Smith (Wanganui, NZ) ...... al...@acheron.amigans.gen.nz ......

| "Tell ballistics they're fired."

T.P! Please sir, Ross just accused you of plagerism, sir, isn't he a swine for
doing that, sir?

-- Bluebottle --

Seriously, is it? Don't recall it, but it DOES sound like the sort of thing
they'd say.... surely not? Just saw the " Backwards" episode the other day,
Hoo boy, was that funny! But Terry? Stealing? Even subliminally? Say it isn't
so!
Onya, Kiwi, hows the G.S.T over there? Just curious......

Davo.

Ross Smith

Mar 10, 1993, 4:47:30 PM3/10/93
In article <1993Mar9.2...@scorch.apana.org.au> dav...@scorch.apana.org.au (Dave Garner) writes:
>al...@acheron.amigans.gen.nz (Ross Smith) writes:
>
>|> The "Arms 2, legs 2, existential dread, randomised guilt,"etc. What a great
>
>|It's also a quote from "Red Dwarf" :-)
>
>|...... Ross Smith (Wanganui, NZ) ...... al...@acheron.amigans.gen.nz ......
>
>| "Tell ballistics they're fired."
>
>T.P! Please sir, Ross just accused you of plagerism, sir, isn't he a swine for
>doing that, sir?

Probably ... so what else is new? :-)

> -- Bluebottle --
>
> Seriously, is it? Don't recall it, but it DOES sound like the sort of thing
>they'd say.... surely not? Just saw the " Backwards" episode the other day,
>Hoo boy, was that funny! But Terry? Stealing? Even subliminally? Say it isn't
>so!

In the Red Dwarf episode "The Last Day", when Kryten wakes up with his first
hangover:

"Oh ... oh my goodness ... OOHH ... oh my head ... oh... What happened to
me? Damage control report. Oh. Dehydration level, 45%; recall of previous
evening, 2%; embarrassment factor, 91%. Advised repair schedule: Reboot
startup disk, offline for 36 hours, and replace head. Boy, what a night."

> Onya, Kiwi, hows the G.S.T over there? Just curious......

Depressing.

--
...... Ross Smith (Wanganui, NZ) ...... al...@acheron.amigans.gen.nz ......

"And now, gentlemen, we've got to start looking for a new treasurer."
"But you appointed one last week."
"That's the one I'm looking for."