New Fanzine Forming

1 view

Dee Dreslough

Dec 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/31/96

Hello!

I'm writing for a variety of reasons, but first and foremost, to
announce the formation of a new writing fanzine, currently titled High
Pass Weyr Fanzine for lack of a better name. (We're having a name
contest - check the homepage to enter suggestions, or to let us know if
any of the suggestions up are already in use!)

The fanzine is meant to be more of a shared publication for different
Weyrs - there are no persona policies or central character groups...you
just write about whoever/whatever you need to write about in order to
create your best story. Make Weyrs and Holds to fit your story's
specifications. If it's Pernese, we'll publish it. The goal is to
encourage writing through Pern, so group cohesion isn't as much of a
focus.

If you've got a story you've been itching to write that just doesn't fit
with the writing groups you're in, consider us as an alternative.

For full information check: http://purple.cow.net/~highpass/fanzine.htm

For those of you who might remember, this fanzine is an extension of
High Pass Weyr on LivingFictionMUSH, which is now pretty much inactive -
HOWEVER, we will be running another of the Random Hatchings in Late
January/Early February. There is information about the hatching on the
homepage for the Weyr, and I'll post again when we have a date and
specific information.
http://oleary.cow.net/~highpass/evntbase.html#hatch
---Anyone can try! And if you Impress, it will be to a dragon of your
own design!---

Well, if you've read this far, Cool! Now for the best news: My art page
is not dead - it's just moved.
http://purple.cow.net/~kirra/gal-home.html
Check here for details on how you can request one free art piece for
your web pages. For those of you that have received art requests, it's a
good idea to update your links to this.

Thanks for your time...I hope to meet you all soon online somewhere, if
not here. :)

-Dee Dreslough
Art Page: http://purple.cow.net/~kirra/gal-home.html
Living Fiction: http://purple.cow.net/~kirra/lf.html