1-800-I-FEEL-OK

Pope Sterno

Jul 19, 1994, 10:55:30 PM7/19/94
chris shabsin (sha...@mit.edu) wrote:
: Lil' Davey (dmv...@ritvax.isc.rit.edu) wrote in alt.fan.ok-soda:
: > In article <Ct031...@world.std.com>, stal...@world.std.com (Mark R Stallard) writes:
: > >In article <3021jj$e...@darkstar.UCSC.EDU>, amar...@cats.ucsc.edu (Kia) wrote:
: > >

: You do know there are enough people out there to keep "Moxie" alive,
: don't you? Well, I think it's the same thing with OK Soda, it's

Hey, I love moxie. It actually used to be a much more pupular drink than
coke, a LONG time ago, but they made the meathead-dumb mistake of cutting
back on advertising.

Paul J. Jordan

Jul 20, 1994, 5:39:52 PM7/20/94
In article <30bjii$g...@senator-bedfellow.mit.edu>,
chris shabsin <sha...@mit.edu> wrote:

> Well, I think it's the same thing with OK Soda, it's
>definitely an acquired taste. And I, personally, like it. You have
>to drink it with the conviction that Things are Going to be OK. (...)

I think you are correct about that. At first, I wondered if I could actually
finish my first drink. But, by the end, I kinda liked it. As you said,
you have to be in the mood for it. For that reason, it may not be successful.
I hope it sticks around -- gives you another choice of soft drink.

>--
>-Chris Shabsin -sha...@mit.edu
>-member, SIPB, PWLCSBHNM, VWA, LSC, LSI, DCNS, MIT OS/2 UG
>
>Krunk!

Is it really OK to have 'krunk' in a post about OK?

Weird trivial 'fact' I heard: The two most recognized words in the world are:

#2. Coke

#1. OK

Coincidence?

Paul Jordan pjordan%ibmot...@ibmpa.awdpa.ibm.com

Robert Cavaleri

Jul 22, 1994, 9:19:00 AM7/22/94

: chris shabsin (sha...@mit.edu) wrote:

: Hey, I love moxie. It actually used to be a much more pupular drink than

: coke, a LONG time ago, but they made the meathead-dumb mistake of cutting
: back on advertising.

All I remember about Moxie was when I was on a date back in Junior
High. Her mom was driving, we were trying to hold hands in the
back seat. Her two sisters were peering over the back seat and
giggling like sisters do. Her mom said, hey RC (yeah, that was
my nickname all through school, and I *do* like the stuff) try
this drink called 'Moxie'. I said sure, and laughing, took a
swig - coughed - and sprayed it all over the back of her mom's
head. I think that girl is married now. sigh.
--
Rob Cavaleri
SEAS GWU

Scott Runstrom

Jul 22, 1994, 1:58:37 PM7/22/94

> Weird trivial 'fact' I heard: The two most recognized words in the world are:
>
> #2. Coke
>
> #1. OK
>
> Coincidence?

There was a news segment here in Boston (OK is all over the state of MA as far as
I can tell) that said that the Coca Cola company did marketing research and
discovered the above mentioned fact, and that is why they named the soda OK.

By the way, did anyone here the segment on OK they had on NPR a month or so back?

-Scott.

chris shabsin

Jul 24, 1994, 9:59:46 AM7/24/94
Robert Cavaleri (rob...@seas.gwu.edu) wrote in alt.fan.ok-soda:

> : chris shabsin (sha...@mit.edu) wrote:

> : Hey, I love moxie. It actually used to be a much more pupular drink than
> : coke, a LONG time ago, but they made the meathead-dumb mistake of cutting
> : back on advertising.

It wasn't me who wrote this... someone replied to my message and said
this...

John M Price

Jul 22, 1994, 1:56:39 PM7/22/94
Speaking of not available - when is it to arrive in the Sacramento area?

I suppose the 2 options is due to the lack of availability. What do the
4 options contain?

Warlock the all powerful (war...@netcom.com) wrote:
: ch...@netcom.com wrote:
: : Warlock the all powerful (war...@netcom.com) wrote:
: : : Just OK huh? Now i really want to get some. BTW has anyone tried hitting any
: : : number other than 1 or 2?

: : : it's funny "We're sorry..but you're inability to press the correct number
: : : sugests a lack of OK-ness. Please call anytime and consider this call toll
: : : free"

: : I don't know about you, but NORMALLY it is a 4 option menu to start with
: : and another four layers underneath those. I can spend hours on the phone
: : going through all the different permutations.

: : OK Brand Soda (r) is my preferred carbonated "beverage" these days. I
: : certainly hope that skeptics don't look at it, say 'Ewwww, it's brownish
: : pink,' and buy Coke in the new bottle (*snore*). I do not want to see
: : OK Brand Soda (r) taken off of the market, however I wake up every
: : morning with a strong conviction that things are going to be OK.

: : Dave Z. of Denver, Colorado

: : --
: : "A clown is my friend. A clown will not bite me and throw me in the
: : basement. A clown is not a big spider." -- Dr. Scratch N. Sniff
: Hmm..you get 4 options? I only get 2...to hear the message and to hear it
: backwards (maybe because it's not yet available in my area?)

: DOH! I want some OK Soda!!

John M. Price, Ph.C.(ABD)| Physiological Emphasis - Likes machines too!
Psychology Department | finger ez00...@othello.ucdavis.edu for PGP Key
University of California | or send email request. Privacy IS freedom.
Davis, CA 95616 | Ask the Chancellor to speak for this place!

Scott Runstrom

Jul 25, 1994, 2:53:28 PM7/25/94
In regards to recent posts...

Moxie is the worst beverage I have ever experienced! It tastes exactly like
cough medicine.

When I was in High School, my friends and I had a running bet - $10.00 to
anyone who could finish an entire can of Moxie. No one ever did. One by one
we accepted the challenge. Each of us with the words: "10 bucks, how bad can
it be? It's only a can." Then the 'victom' would walk into the local Honey
Farms and come out with a moxie. I think I actually got the farthest - 3 sips
before my stomach threatened to send my lunch into orbit. One guy actually did
spew a mouthful of moxie all over the windshield of the car after he tried it.

As for OK, I just tried it for the first time this weekend and I would agree
that it is indeed OK. It tasted pretty much like orange soda to me, so I
would agree with the Orange+Coke theory. It wasn't the best thing I had ever
had, but I would have to say that I liked it. I'd buy it again.

So anyway, now I must admit I do feel quote O-K unquote circle R.

Peace,

-Scott.