Byebye Miss Saigon Manila... =(

tin_kim

Mar 31, 2001, 1:17:30 PM3/31/01
hi guys! i'll just post a quickie one.

MISS SAIGON MANILA'S FINAL SHOW WAS SSSSSOOOOOO AWE-SSSSSSSSOME!!! it was
such a cool afternoon and evening for us!

... but more on that tomorrow. i'm too sleepy and tired. but also so high
and hyper!=)

it's really sad there won't be any shows of saigon anymore here. hmmm, now
to convince mommy to go to hongkong or singapore. hehehe!

i miss saigon already!!!

see you tomorrow... g'night y'all!

haaaaaaay, what a great night!=D the whole day was so great! i've got this
dreamy look and smile right now...

tin =)

--
"you can have dreams... you can have excuses... but you cannot have both."

Tartman711

Mar 31, 2001, 6:41:12 PM3/31/01
<< but also so high
and hyper!=) >>

<< i've got this
dreamy look and smile right now... >>

TINCUP!!! WHAT have we told you about JUST SAYING NO

tomo :P

shine71

Apr 1, 2001, 1:42:42 AM4/1/01
"tin_kim" <tin...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> hi guys! i'll just post a quickie one.
>
> MISS SAIGON MANILA'S FINAL SHOW WAS SSSSSOOOOOO AWE-SSSSSSSSOME!!! it
was
> such a cool afternoon and evening for us!

ditto! =)

> it's really sad there won't be any shows of saigon anymore here. hmmm,
now
> to convince mommy to go to hongkong or singapore. hehehe!

hehehe! goodluck! =)

> i miss saigon already!!!

me too!

it was nice meeting you tin! =)

shine

--

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
It's so funny how we set qualifications

tin_kim

Apr 1, 2001, 11:40:15 PM4/1/01

Tartman711 <tartm...@aol.com> wrote in message

> TINCUP!!! WHAT have we told you about JUST SAYING NO

LOL!=D

tin_kim

Apr 1, 2001, 11:46:06 PM4/1/01

shine71 <shi...@rocketmail.com> wrote in message

> > it's really sad there won't be any shows of saigon anymore here. hmmm,
> > now to convince mommy to go to hongkong or singapore. hehehe!
>
> hehehe! goodluck! =)

hehe, thanks!

> it was nice meeting you tin! =)

it was nice meeting you, too!

tin_kim

Apr 2, 2001, 2:49:56 AM4/2/01
hi!

i know i said i'll do this yesterday, so this is late... so anyway, okay
here goes.

chloie, mimay, noel, shine, dave and i met up at the mall to have lunch at
around 12.30. risa followed at around 2.30. but before that, dave left to
look for tickets. he was desperate. (unfortunately, he wasn't able to find
a ticket anymore.) we stayed there at until 4pm, just talking and laughing.
then we went to tower records and music one to check out something (more on
that in another post). then we headed out to the ccp so we could be there
by 5pm, just in time for when the matinee show ends.

when we arrived there, in one of the exits, some of the foreigners in the
cast were in a van, waiting for others. and so we approached them and asked
them to sign our programs. i thought it was only kerian snel and shawn
kilpatrick in there. when i opened my program, turns out even andrew
robbins and neil ward were in there, too.

in the lobby (this is still after the matinee), there were so many people,
in line to get autographs and pictures with ima castro. i'm not sure if leo
valdez was out there that afternoon. unfortunately we weren't able to get a
pic with her. but i
think mimay and her friend jamie (also a miss saigon fan, but not from afls)
were able to get a pic with her. lucky those who got a pic with her, she
was still in her kim costume.

and then noel tells me, "there's bobby garcia" (miss saigon's resident
director). he was in the second floor, looking out in the first floor,
leaning over. and i was like "where?!" because i wanted to see him. i
found him cute. but when i saw him in person, i was like HE IS CUTE!!!
waaaay cuter in person! he's my new crush! hee hee!!! oh my god!!! and i
was like, we have to get up there! but the escalators were both for going
down. we couldn't go up. good thing he came down. and i asked for his
autograph and a pic with him! he's so cute!! cute, cute, cute!!!=D

Lea, how old is bobby garcia? just curious... =) thanks!

and then we stayed on in the lobby and met up with scott (yes, from the ng).
we also saw menchu, dong alegre, ian venida and made them sign our programs.
i even saw a tv personality there, billy aniceto from anc. i told him i
watch sweet news, a program hosted by him and two other girls. i told him i
look out for the entertainment segment, and i loved it when they would
feature Lea and saigon. and he was amazed that i knew him and that i watch
the show. i even made him sign my program, and he said "are you sure?".
hehe!

then when there were no more people in the lobby, we went to the cafeteria
and everyone else took an early dinner, or grabbed something to eat. i
didn't. i was too excited to think of my hunger. then charmaine tulali
comes in. and again, we asked for autographs and pictures with her. she
was so sweet, and i asked her in filipino " 'sobrang saya ba' to be part of
the saigon cast?" (is it super fun to be part of the saigon cast?) and she
said enthusiasticlly "ay sobrang saya!" (oh, super fun!). she was so
friendly!

then, chloie, noel and risa knew i really wanted pictures with the tams.
and then they were there, in the hallway of the artists' entrance (the
cafeteria is by that entrance) and then they told me, "tin, the two tams are
there!" and i'm like ohmygod, ohmygod! so i grabbed my camera and mimay,
jamie, shine and i went over to them. they signed our program. and i asked
for a pic with each of them. we told them they were so cute in the making
of miss saigon, singing and acting out parts in miss saigon. and then
bianca (coronel) signed "bianca Ü, i love". and regine (salcedo) signed
"tintin i love you, queenie". i really found them so cute. and i even
asked a kiss from regine, and she kissed me. they are so adorable! can't
wait for those pics!

and then, we just stayed by the same hallway. there were other groups of
fans there, too. but our group was right by the door. there was even a
kind man, raymond mendoza, kind enough to talk with us, and take our pics
with cast members. he was with the ccp in one of the departments. he was
talking with us and he even told us where the cast party would be.

we were having a blast! we saw cez campos. she laughed and said "kayo ha,
sinisumulan nyo na kami!" (you guys are starting on us so early). we got a
pic with her, too. scott anson was there before her, and he bugged cez
jokingly and said "miss, miss, can i have your autograph?" and cez just
smiled at him. we also saw jojo urquico, nu driz and meynard marcellano.
too bad i wasn't able to catch analin bantug, she was in a hurry. everytime
they finished signing for and posing with us, i'd say thank you, and good
luck later!

then i went up already to meet my best friend, maita. (i watched with her)
shine went up with me and she also met her friend. noel, risa, chloie,
mimay, jaime stayed behind. we saw isay in the lobby.

so we took our seats. we were so excited! btw, shine was with her friend,
noel, ecci, chloie, risa were together. mimay, jaime and scott had seats
beside each other, and i was with maita.

during the show, we were expecting lots of jokes. these were the ones i
noticed. (hey, to the people who watched, what else did you notice???)

- isay was onstage!=D she was in dreamland. she was seated by the bar, in
short shorts and a baby tee. she was smoking and drinking beer. she was
having a good time. it was so cute to see her onstage, not as gigi.

- oh just before the national anthem, we could hear them cheering from
inside. probably after the prayers and the "sentimental talks". hehehe!

- in scenes like the american dream, bangkok, the heat is on in saigon, they
were really having a fun time, shouting and cheering.

- in the bangkok scene, when they freeze for pictures, i think it was jonjon
who put "sungay" (horns) on leo valdez. hehehe!

- and then at the end of the bangkok scene, just before please, when the
engineer sings "i'm doing all this just for tam, an american boy", they
carry leo valdez offstage. he usually just walks with the guys.

- in the wedding scene, tricia and ima were smiling and giggling a lot at
scott. he was funny in that scene.

- in the scene after kim sings "you must take tam with you... but you'll
come back tonight for him", and before the engineer comes out to meet kim,
some guys came out in a line walked from one end of the stage to the other,
doing some goofy moves, like kicking their legs to the side. hahaha!

that's what i remember. i'm sure there were more i forgot or didn't notice.

everyone was really enjoying themselves! giving it all their best. and
although cez was having a hard time, i think she was sick, she was coughing
and was really showing effort to sing the high and powerful notes. but
nevertheless, she was GREAT!!! i think she was even better this second time
i see her. the show and all the cast members were really amazing!!!

i REALLYYYYYYY enjoyed the show!!!!!!! and the last part was nice, too!
just as the male ensemble comes out for curtain call, it was already a
standing ovation. the audience and cast members were cheering. cez came
out crying and she bowed. even some bargirls were crying, tricia, ima, and
natalie. but soon after, a lot were already crying also. even some guys.
it was electric!!!

then dong alegre comes out for the speech. he thanked everyone, the
audience, cast members, orchestra, crew, the ccp, everyone! he even read
short messages from claude-michel schonberg and cameron mackintosh. and
dong mentioned that that group will be going to hongkong and singapore for
the asian tour. he ends his speech with something like, "ladies and
gentlemen, this is the hour..."

then after that, robert seña comes out and sings the first two lines of
"this is the hour" and isay comes out and sings the next two lines. leo
also sings. and the rest of the cast and crew (all of them onstage) joined
in the singing. it was a really wonderful ending. the ushers and
front-of-house people went inside to the aisles, lined up. we could see the
philippine flag and vietnam flag being waved from behind. and then red and
gold confetti drops from the top. i got some of those to keep.

and then the bamboo curtains drop. and that's the end... =( =) it was
really cool!!! and it was wonderful to have witnessed the last show of the
manila staging of saigon.

noel, risa, chloie, ecci, scott, maita and i met up in the lobby after the
show, hoping we'd still see some cast members. they said mimay and jaime
went directly to the artists' entrance again. hehe! we didn't see shine
anymore after the show. then after a few minutes, we all headed home.
scott still went to the cast party.

it was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope they could bring saigon here again. is
that possible? i miss it already. it was a wonderful 6months, actually
even more, before that with all the hype and preparations. or i hope it
means more broadway plays here! and more local plays as well!

oh and btw, i asked my mom if we could go to hongkong to watch, and she said
"we'll see" hmmm, there's hope!=) if she means no, she'll say no right
away. 'we'll see' could mean a yes! KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED!

it's all so worth it! seeing the show many times! great!!!=D =D =D

okay, i hope you enjoyed reading this long post.

Lea, has anyone told you already about the final show or have you heard
anything about the final show? like people from the cast emailed you, sent
pictures, or something? thanks.

Lea Salonga

Apr 2, 2001, 1:49:07 PM4/2/01
In article 9a9768$4sv$1...@taliesin.netcom.net.uk dated 4/2/01 2:49 AM, tin_kim
at tin...@hotmail.com writes:

> Lea, has anyone told you already about the final show or have you heard
> anything about the final show? like people from the cast emailed you, sent
> pictures, or something?

I did get a few bits of email from some of the cast members telling me how
things were going (no photos though). It is sad that the show has completed
its run, but it's also nice to know that it's going on, this time in another
country. Cool.

tin_kim

Apr 3, 2001, 8:24:11 AM4/3/01

Lea Salonga <BigS...@aol.com> wrote in message

> I did get a few bits of email from some of the cast members telling me how
> things were going (no photos though). It is sad that the show has
completed
> its run, but it's also nice to know that it's going on, this time in
another
> country. Cool.

oh, cool!

um Lea, did you get to read that entire long post from me about the final
show? because there was one question somewhere there in the middle.
hehe... i was asking, do you know how old bobby garcia is?

thanks!

Lea Salonga

Apr 4, 2001, 4:05:56 AM4/4/01
In article 9acf55$4q2$1...@taliesin.netcom.net.uk dated 4/3/01 8:24 AM, tin_kim
at tin...@hotmail.com writes:

> i was asking, do you know how old bobby garcia is?

We're around the same age... early 30s.