Upcoming Furry Comics for December 2002

Doodles

Oct 1, 2002, 12:53:07 PM10/1/02
I _think_ I've got the right month. Diamond stopped listing such on their
order forms. This is never a good sign. =};-3

pg 28
DARK HORSE
Reid Fleming/Flaming Carrot Crossover #1 - $3.99 - order #OCT020015
The team-up that no one was asking for and no one was expecting! SEE the
World's Toughest Milkman & the World's Strangest Superhero fight against the
forces of naughtiness, wrestling & celebrity game shows! SEE Christopher
Walken as you've never seen him before! SEE The Girl From Ipanema! SEE
vampire afghans! (Every once in a while I pick a title that has _nothing_ to
do with this fandom, but which I happen to thing is tres cool. This pegs
the coolmeter hard, baby.) By David Boswell & Bob Burden.

pg 29
Usagi Yojimbo: The Shrouded Moon - $15.99 (TP) or $59.95 (Ltd. HC) - order
#'s OCT020016 & 17
Six tales of Usagi with his close friends, collected for the first time.
Includes introduction by Scott Shaw! and comes in trade paper & limited
edition hardcover with signed tip-in plate.

pg 85
DC COMICS
Looney Tunes #97 - $2.25 - order #OCT020786
Holiday issue featuring The Three Bears. B-U-G-P-O-I-S-O-N Eggnog!

pg 86
Scooby-Doo #67 - $2.25 - order #OCT020788
Another holiday-themed issue.

pg 88
Thundercats #5 - $2.95 - order #OCT020803
Conclusion of the first miniseries. What scares me is that it's
specifically listed _as_ the first miniseries, thus implying more are in the
works...

pg 91
Fables #8 - $2.50 - order #OCT020816
"Animal Farm" part 3. The fables at the farm are now in open revolt, and
Snow White must get to the caves beyond the Valley of The Sleepers to get to
the truth with only the wily Renard the Fox as an ally. Unfortunately, this
means crossing the tall grass that is Shere Khan's territory...

pg 118
IMAGE COMICS
Liberty Meadows #29 - $2.95 - order #OCT021732
"Brandy's Christmas Surprise" What, Dean's secretly a lesbian?

(Have you ever wondered why there's always this hyooge page gap between
Image & the other publishers? Well, there's this shitheel company called
Marvel...)

pg 215
ACTIVE IMAGES
Hip Flask: Unnatural Selection - $2.99 - order #OCT022277
Supposedly this is an offered again, but I can't recall seeing it on either
my posts or on Treesong's addemdums. But it's definitely of interest as it
tells the story of the title character, an genetically engineered hippo in a
Gigeresque future. By Richard Starkings, Ladronn, and Joe Casey. There's
also a CD-ROM being released with the story, but it's ten times the price as
the dead tree version...

pg 219
AIT/PLANET LAR
The Annotated Mantooth - $12.95 - order #OCT022287
Another one I never heard of. REX MANTOOTH, SUPER SPY! He's also a
gorilla. Hey, it could happen. By Matt Fraction, Andy Khun, & Tim Fisher

pg 220
Sky Ape TP - $12.95 - order #OCT022288
What the hell is it with monkeys and AIT? This one, by Amara (No, not the
foxshark, guys), McCarney, Russo & Jenkins, is about Kirk Madge, millionaire
crime-buster and gorilla.

Sky Ape: Waiting for Crime TP - $6.95 - order #OCT022289
Same as above, but with more action-packed accounting adventures!

pg 230
ANTARCTIC PRESS
Gold Digger #38 - $3.50 - order #OCT022321

pg 235
Ninja High School #101 - $3.50 - order #OCT022326

pg 286
DIGITAL WEBBING
Gutwallow #1 - $2.95 - order #OCT022509
In this 3-issue miniseries by Dan Berger, Gutwallow the Gingerbread Man
befriends Miyoki, sole survivor of a fox civilization. As they hide out
from the human army that destroyed her people, on the orders of the evil
wizard Garlock the Grey, Miyoki plots revenge. Samples of this title are
available at www.digitalwebbing.net

pg 298
DREAM WEAVER PRESS
Tall Tales: Thieves Quest #11 - $3.50 - order #OCT022530
Things are coming to a head as the Great Seal is now in the hands of the
Kalizarians, Silvermain is wounded & Raulph tries to get a plan together
about the prince. Meanwhile, Pandora has decided to adopt the child saved
from the burning inn, but Ravenwood may not stay at her side.

Tall Tales: Thieves Quest Vol. 2 TP - $14.95 - order #OCT022531
Collects issue #'s 5-9.

pg 308
FANTAGRAPHICS BOOKS
Alice in Sexland #8 - $3.50 - order #OCT022589
ADULTS ONLY - Final issue of the first series. Second series should be
forthcoming within the next month or two.

pg 316
HUMANOIDS PUBLISHING
Deicide Book One: Rage Against the Gods - $15.95 - order #OCT022638
Agon, a human on a world where the gods take constant sacrifices of the
local villagers, decided one day to stop worshipping them and start killing
them. Sounds like a good idea to me. He's joined by Beluch, the
lion-headed man, and the two of them go on a quest to recover the soul of
Agon's love, lost to one of the gods. By Carlos Portela & Das Pastoras.

pg 325
NBM PUBLISHING
Oddballz #5 - $2.95 - order #OCT022700
In this issue of Lewis Trondheim's series, McConey takes a diversion and
ends up in the middle of the Wild West. Ride 'em cowbun!

pg 334
RADIO COMIX
Gold Digger: Edge Guard TP - $19.99 - order #OCT02744
The full story of this spin-off series is gathered into one volume,
including the original Edge Guard story pluse a new cover. By John Barrett
& Fred Perry.

Furrlough #120 - $2.99 - order #OCT022745
The continued tales of Roz Gibson's "Jack Salem," Smudge & Garcia's "Ebin &
May," and Curt Werner's "Wahzoo Underground."

Genus #57 - $3.50 - order #OCT022747
ADULTS ONLY - More of "Amy's Adventures," plus work by Daria McGrain, Alex
Kolliopoulos, Susan Meyer and Richard Moore. Cover by Dr. Comet.

pg 335
SHANDA FANTASY ARTS
New Horizons #14 - $4.99 - order #OCT022759
This issue focuses on the Bernard Doove's creation, the Chakats, in a story
illustrated by Kacey Maltzman, as well as other work as they can collect it.

SFA Spotlight #15: Women in Fur 2002 - $4.99 - order #OCT022760
Another issue of Spotlight focusing on the work of the many female creators
in the fandom, with cover by Cindi Harrington.

pg 350
VIZ COMICS
The All-New Tenchi Muyo! Part 2 #3 - $2.95 - order #OCT022837
Sasami's new school is invaded by space bunnies. Is Hugh Hefner in town?

That's all for this month, gang! See you in 30!

Mike & Carole Curtis

Oct 1, 2002, 9:20:12 PM10/1/02

"Doodles" <dood...@cheesies.pacbell.net> wrote in message

> I _think_ I've got the right month. Diamond stopped listing such on their
> order forms. This is never a good sign. =};-3

> pg 335

> SHANDA FANTASY ARTS
> New Horizons #14 - $4.99 - order #OCT022759
> This issue focuses on the Bernard Doove's creation, the Chakats, in a
story
> illustrated by Kacey Maltzman, as well as other work as they can collect
it.

> SFA Spotlight #15: Women in Fur 2002 - $4.99 - order #OCT022760
> Another issue of Spotlight focusing on the work of the many female
creators
> in the fandom, with cover by Cindi Harrington.

Don't forget THE HUMPTY DUMPTY CHRONICLES, a squarebound tale for Christmas
from Forest Light and SFA. Although Humpty Dumpty himself is the star, he's
supported by Friar Rabbit and Berwick the Gander.

Mike

Philip M. Cohen

Oct 9, 2002, 1:26:57 PM10/9/02
OK, finally did my own Previews orders. Here are additions to Doodles'
list. I assume the default is B&W, 24p, $2.95, and only note deviations
from that. I order from a text file so I don't have page numbers, but
youns probably know alphabetical order and can cope.

ARCHIE COMICS
Sonic the Hedgehog #118 - color, 32pg, $2.19
Yeah, yeah.

COLONIA PRESS
Colonia #8 - order #OCT022449F
A marginal furry by Jeff 'Ultra Klutz' Nicholson. Mostly it's adventures
of a human kid and two uncles swept into a weird alternate America, but
a number of animals can talk, notably Lucy, a duck who lays golden eggs.
In this issue 'our travelers are lost in the winding alleys of a grand
Seminole Empire!'

DORK TOWER PRESS
Dork Tower #22 - 48pg - $2.99 - order #OCT022512F
A furrier than usual issue of John Kovalic's comic: '"DAILY CARSON"--It
was only a matter of time before fan-favorite Carson the Muskrat got his
own issue of Dork Tower, and look at all the Muskrat Love that needs to
be spread around! . . . Plus, back-up features . . . as well as classic
Wild Life strips (Carson's first gig) by John Kovalic. . . .'

KEENSPOT ENTERTAINMENT
L33T: Comics for Gamers #9 - 48pg, $4.95 - order #OCT022671F
'Some of the best gaming-related comics team-up under one cover . . . .
In this issue, more funny animal gaming with Ront & Mewn; . . .the
never-lagging satire of Newshounds. . . .' Yes, that's Thomas K. Dye's
furry strip, though I don't know when it turned into a gaming strip.

MU PRESS
Wild Kingdom #14 - 48pg, $4.95 - order #OCT022698F
I thought Edd Vick planned to shut down Mu Press several years ago, but
a this and the annual *Little Paw* continue to appear. For a while WK
absolutely reeked but the past couple of issues have been pretty decent
for furry porn.

And down in the game section:

PLAYROOM ENTERTAINMENT
Killer Bunnies - $25.00 - order #OCT024009E5
'Can you keep from being attacked by the whimsical Whisk or the torching
Flame Thrower? Defend your Bunnies with the
Magic Spatula, or use a Feed the Bunny card to starve out an opponent!
It's off-the-wall strategic fun in this fast-paced card
game where the goal is to survive and claim the Magic Carrot to win the
game! Scheduled to ship in November 2002.'
--
Always carry a grapefruit, Treesong