Furry artists/publishers/publications list, part 1 of 3

Mark Phaedrus

Jul 4, 1993, 8:22:35 PM7/4/93
Here's the latest version of the list, in three parts. (Three parts on
Usenet, anyway; I have no idea how many parts it will show up in on the other
nets. :) ) It's still not particularly close to complete, but it's getting
there. Thanks to all the people who made additions and corrections.

LIST OF FURRY ARTISTS/PUBLISHERS/PUBLICATIONS: 7/4/93
(Please disregard any previous versions)
Compiled by Mark Phaedrus; phae...@halcyon.com

WARNING: LEGALESE AHEAD
This compilation is Copyright 1993 by Mark Phaedrus; the entries remain
the property of their respective authors. This list may be freely
distributed, but not sold, by anyone; it can also be freely distributed, by
electronic services and bulletin board systems, including those that charge
for access and connect time. It can also be sold, or used as part of for-
profit publications, by any artist, publisher or publication listed here.
Permission is required before distributing or selling edited versions of the
list (but I'll give that permission as long as you're not changing the list's
meaning too badly).
Many of the characters, publications, etc. listed here are copyrighted
by, and/or are trademarks or registered trademarks of, their respective
owners. Their use here is not a challenge to these copyrights and
trademarks.
The list has been researched carefully, but almost certainly still
contains some errors. Please double-check with the artist or publisher
before sending any money. This list is not an endorsement of any particular
artist, publisher or publication.
There, I think that's all the legalese anyone asked me to put in... :)

THANKS
Many thanks to all the people who contributed, particularly to Lia Graf
and Greywolf.

WHAT THE LIST IS ABOUT
There's been a lot of discussion about the public distribution of
artists' work through photocopies and GIFs, and how difficult it can be for
an artist to protect his or her work from unauthorized distribution, and for
a fan to know whether a particular copy or GIF is authorized or not. Others
(myself included) have commented on how difficult it can be for a new fan to
get in touch with artists and publishers, unless he or she has some ready
source of information (like a knowledgeable and helpful fellow fan, a nearby
convention, or a good fanzine); legwork can go a long way, but you still need
somewhere to start.
I hope that this list will eventually do something to reduce both
problems. By listing a wide variety of members of the furry community, it
should give novices a good head start in becoming active (and buying) fans
instead of just viewers of the occasional GIF that comes their way (and
perhaps even tip experienced fans off to a few sources they otherwise might
have missed). And, by giving artists an avenue to explain their policies on
public distribution of their works, it should hopefully reduce at least the
accidental unauthorized distribution of people's hard work, if not intentional
piracy. (And even against the pirates, it may at least help somewhat to
undermine the "I didn't know it wasn't authorized" defense...)

WHAT'S ON THE LIST
Artists, publishers, and publications are listed separately. For each
artist, the following information is given, or at least as much as is
available. (Publishers and publications have slightly different formats,
but they're pretty self-explanatory.)

Address:
Both email and physical addresses are given, if known. Where the artist
has given a preference between them, the preferred address is listed
first.
| IMPORTANT: Please bear in mind that, with no exceptions that I |
| know of, furry art is not a full-time job; everyone on this list |
| has something else to do to pay the bills, and many have families |
| as well. They have lives, usually very busy ones. Even many of |
| the publishers listed here are one-person, sideline operations. |
| So, if you learn the street address of an artist or publisher |
| (through this list or any other source), and you happen to live |
| in the area, DO NOT take this as a license to drop by uninvited! |
| This is an invasion of the artist's privacy, plain and simple. |
| Furthermore, it is very rude to place an unsolicited phone call |
| to an artist. If you want to talk to the artist by telephone, or |
| meet the artist personally, please write the artist, ask |
| politely, and give your phone number so the artist can contact |
| you at his or her convenience. And be prepared to take "no" for |
| an answer. |
| If a particular artist or publisher does not mind receiving |
| unsolicited phone calls or visitors, that artist or publisher |
| will have specifically said so in his or her entry here. (The |
| fact that an artist's number is listed in the White Pages, or |
| available from Directory Assistance, is not an invitation to |
| call!) |

Authorized distribution (if any):
This describes which works are authorized for distribution by others,
and in what formats/under what circumstances (GIFs, photocopies,
particular authorized sites or individuals, etc.). If no information is
given for a particular artist, you should probably assume that that
artist has not authorized any such distribution, unless you have
contacted the artist yourself.
Availability of samples:
If the artist or publisher has a catalog or sample pieces available,
this section describes what you need to do to get them.
Pricing structure:
This gives the price the artist usually charges for various types of
work--photocopies, prints, originals, etc. Many artists and
publishers price their works individually without a fixed schedule,
so many artists will have nothing listed here, and prices listed
here should generally be taken as advisory only until confirmed by
the artist or publisher.
Some works currently for sale:
Pretty self-explanatory; a list of some (but probably not all) of the
works an artist or publisher is currently selling. Many artists and
publishers don't work with a fixed inventory this way, so they may not
have anything listed here; this most definitely does not mean they
do not sell their works--it just means that you should contact them
directly for a current list.
Commissions:
If the artist or publisher handles commissions (works of art done to
order for a particular client), this section describes what sort of
work they will do for you, and possibly a rough idea of how long it may
take and what the cost will be. Commissions are one area where many
factors come into play in determining the price, so be sure to negotiate
the price directly with the artist or publisher up-front, to avoid
unpleasant surprises later on.
Other information:
Any information that doesn't fall into one of the above categories will
go here.
Information obtained from:
This indicates whether information was obtained directly from the artist,
or through another source (an advertisement, a comic or fanzine mention,
etc.).

POLICIES:
*To add or correct information on the list, just send email to me,
phae...@halcyon.com; send mail to P.O. Box 45651, Seattle, WA
98145-0651; or harass Corren on FurryMUCK.
*I'll take information from anyone, though I'll certainly give an
artist's information on him/herself priority over other people's
information on that artist. I will also withdraw any information at an
artist's request. (The only exception to "I'll take information from
anyone" is telephone numbers; in order for these to be listed, they
must be given by the artist, who must say that they don't mind
receiving unsolicited phone calls. I will call and/or write to confirm
this before listing a telephone number.)
*Just about all I ask is that information be kept reasonably brief and
reasonably objective. I reserve the right to edit people's information,
but I'll only do so in the interests of length, or to bring the material
into the format of the list (and possibly to correct spelling and minor
grammar errors; this is a list of information, not a spelling bee :) ).
I will bend over backwards to avoid changing content or meaning. If for
some reason I have a particular objection with a certain piece of
material appearing on the list, I will let you know and give you the
opportunity to change it.
*Negative comments on other artists/publishers/etc. are not allowed on
the list; there are plenty of other venues for flamewars, thank you very
much. :) If a particular artist or publisher generates a storm of
negative comment, my response would probably be to just remove the entry
from the list until I have a chance to look into the problem.
*I've done my best to avoid errors, but frankly I'd be surprised if there
aren't any. Please let you know if you spot some, and I'll correct them
as soon as possible.
*Feedback on these policies is more than welcome.

Notes:
(This section is intended to give hints to fans who may not be
familiar with the mechanics of fandom and ordering. I welcome people's
suggestions for what to put in here.)
*A "SASE" is a Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope, which many artists and
publishers ask you to send when writing for a catalog or samples (and
the one who don't ask would probably still appreciate). Be sure to use
an envelope large enough for whatever you're expecting back; at a
minimum, use a business-sized (#10) envelope. Also, include enough
postage; many catalogs are more than one ounce (and thus take more
than one stamp), and oversized envelopes may need extra postage as
well.
*If you're not sure how much postage to include, you may want to
include a few extra loose stamps in the envelope. In the US, self-
adhesive stamps are available at the Post Office and at some cash
machines; these come in small sheets that can be easily cut into
strips of three, so you can include a strip in an envelope without
having to worry about the stamps becoming gummy and sticking to the
contents of the envelope in transit.
*Sending cash in the mail is dangerous (though it may be the most
practical way of sending small amounts to a foreign artist--see below);
a check or money order is a better choice. US postal money orders have
a 75c fee for any denomination, and are only valid in the U.S. and (I
believe) Canada. Be careful in filling out a money order; mistakes
can invalidate it. International money orders are available, though
they are more expensive and somewhat more tedious to get.
*When sending mail to a foreign country, remember to check with the
Postal Service to find out the correct postage and customs regulations,
and allow several weeks' worth of extra time for the artist's reply.
Also, placing stamps on a self-addressed envelope sent to a foreign
country is useless; the other country's postal service will not honor
them. Instead, your post office can sell you an International Reply
Coupon, a coupon which the recipient can exchange for the appropriate
stamps. Note that the coupon is good for the _minimum_ postage for an
airmail letter sent from that country to a foreign one, which usually
translates into a _very_ light letter (about a half-ounce). In all
likelihood, whatever you are requesting will be heavier than that, so
you should send at least two IRC's to allow some leeway.
*Paying a foreign artist by domestic check is also next to useless; for
the amounts typically involved in these transactions, the artist would
have to pay more to cash the check than he/she would receive from it.
As mentioned above, domestic money orders are typically not valid in
other countries either. Ask the artist what his/her preferred method of
payment is.

----------

>> Kjartan Arnorsson

Address: P.O. Box 44285, Tucson, AZ 85733-4285
Authorized distribution (if any):
I do not authorize the distribution of my work by others. I have
very "hard" copyrights. I'm especially against my work being
scanned into computer BBS'es, where is can be recopied and altered
endlessly.
Availability of samples:
I have a free catalog available for anyone who'll send me a first-
class mail stamp.
Some works currently for sale:
*Karno's Klassics, my self-published title. 8.5x5.5 minicomics,
each 12 pages or more. Cost: $1 each; $.30 postage for one, $.50
total postage for two or more.
*Klassics Specials. 8.5x11 comic magazines, usually 20-24 pages.
Cost: $2.50 each; $.75 postage for 1, $1.50 total for two or
more (plus any number of regular Klassics).
*Subscriptions are available--send me money, and I'll send you
Karno's until it runs out.
[Many Karno's contain explicit sexual material; an over-21 age
statement is required to order.]
*Refer to catalog for other works and price lists. Prints usually go
for about $5 apiece.
Commissions:
Yes, I do commissions. But I'm selective. For commissions, prices
start at $15 for a simple, 1-character B&W sketch. Color prices
start at $20 and go up from there. Price of commission depends on
complexity and size. I've done pieces for as little as $5, and as
much as $1750. It all depends on what you want, how much time
I've got, and what you're willing to pay.
As for commission subjects: While I do draw sex, I don't do rape,
painful bondage or gross homosexuality. I _don't_ do kiddie porn
of any kind under any circumstances. Consenting adults only!
The time it takes to do commissions depends on complexity. One
panel things, a week. Story-length commissions can take a couple
of months.
Other information:
I make a good chunk of my living off art, so I try to act
professional about it. I don't do free stuff "for the exposure",
so don't ask. I do trades, though, especially for weird music and
comics.

----------

>> P. Damian Cugley

Address: Email: Damian...@comlab.ox.ac.uk
Physical: 26 Princes St., Oxford, OX4 1DD, UK
Authorized distribution (if any):
Only GIFs made by me -- usually of artwork drawn specifically to be
made into a GIF. New stuff I've uploaded to Avatar is accompanied
by a certificate file with a PGP signature (digital signature) that
could be used to check if a file is corrupted. Eventually I might
be able to say simply that all authorized GIFs by me are signed...
There's a file README-pdc.txt that lists my picture files as
uploaded to the old Tezuka site; most of these will have been
inherited by Avatar.
Availability of samples:
I don't have all that much furry art extant -- and since I am in the
UK it might be a bit difficult for people to send me SASEs. There
are International Reply Coupons, but to be honest I know nothing of
them beyond what can be deduced from their name. Hm. If someone
sent me a request + IRC I guess I could send back a few photocopies
of what I have on the drawing board, an AL catalogue, some
doodles, whatever.
[Editor's note: As mentioned in the Notes section, one IRC probably
won't do it; two would be the safe minimum.]
Some works currently for sale:
Both Jeremy Dennis and I have a furry strip planned for Furry Furry
#1. There's no date for FF #1 yet, but Daniel Mitchell has continued
to badger me into working on it. :-)
Information obtained from: Artist

----------

>> Eric Elliott

Address: Email: Foxw...@cup.portal.com
Physical: 809 Borregas Ave., Sunnyvale, CA 94086
Authorized distribution (if any):
*The only authorized GIFs of my work are one or two small things I've
uploaded myself. Anyone wishing to upload any of my work should
contact me. An authorized GIF will contain a title and a verification
code. (Contact me to determine if the code is valid.)
*The only authorized prints of my work would have been sold directly
by me (in person, by mail, or at a convention art show) or received
from Gary Thieme.
Availability of samples:
Send a request with a SASE (no charge).
Pricing structure:
Photocopies of sketches .50; Color Laserprints $5.00; Photoprints
$15.00
Commissions:
Pencils--starting at $10.00. B&W inked--starting at $25.00. Color--
starting at $50.00. These prices are for single, uncomplex figures,
no background. I do not do sexually explicit, blatantly offensive
(to me), or illegal works. Delivery time depends on the complexity
of the piece. For simple drawings no more than a month.
Other information:
My signature looks something like this:
__|___
/ |
( --+--
\__|___

| 93
Information obtained from: Artist

----------

>> Maggie Fox

Address: 4640 Westford Circle, Tampa, FL 33624-4356 (this may change)
Authorized distribution (if any):
I only authorize the distribution of my work through photocopying
and no other way. The works don't matter as long as the signature,
date, and copyright are not cut off. NO SCANNING, NO ELECTRONIC
FORMATS, AND ARTWORK CANNOT BE USED IN PUBLICATIONS WITHOUT MY
PERMISSION. (Yes, my work has been published twice without my
permission and I have never received copies of the publication or
money in either case.)
Availability of samples:
People can obtain samples by writing a polite letter and with
two stamps; I do not charge for samples.
Pricing structure:
Prices are $20 for B&W 9x12 Bristol and $40 for color 9x12 Bristol
(these are originals). Other sizes and prints are negotiable. No
limit to amount of characters; however, too much detail may jack
up the price.
Commissions:
I do commissions, but I do _not_ draw erotica. Time delay may be
from one week to a few months depending on the maount of detail
involved... If you want detail in your commissions, you have to
pay for it. I have done 8.5x11 B&W and charged $15, and done
the same size B&W and charged $40. Anyone with questions can
write me and I can give examples of what costs how much.
Other information:
My work can be found in YARF!, Mythagoras, the Caffeine
Quarterly (grrr...), Wildlife APAzine, the Pelt... and I believe
that's it.
Information obtained from: Artist

----------

>> Steve Gallacci

Address: P.O. Box 19419, Seattle, WA 98109
Some works currently for sale:
"...I still have tons of back stock on Fusion, Dreamery, Xanadu,
Everchanging Palace, and some Critters, Usagi Yojimbo, Albedo,
and various ancillary merchandise. Write and ask."
Information obtained from: Albedo #8

--------------

>> Lia Graf (aka Tygger)

Publisher: Tigerwing Press
Address: Email: lia....@teamhbbs.com
Physical: 6250 Holabird St. #1, San Diego, CA 92120-3545
Authorized distribution (if any):
The only authorized distribution site is Avatar. No distribution
by private means allowed. All GIFs that my "agent" Sean Malloy
will upload for me will be the only authorized ones. Each one will
be dated and timed and I will have a physical record of all GIFs
authorized. This will be written in stone as of the first new GIF
in the next month or so.
Availability of samples:
Yes. It must be indicated as to which the person would like
samples of (nudes, pinups, hard/soft erotica, humour, non-furry,
etc.). A 9x12 SASE with 2-4 stamps is usually all that's needed.
Pricing structure:
*Black & White: (9x12) single character pose--$15-20 depending;
multiple characters--$25-higher depending
(11x14) raise all prices $5
*Colour: (9x12) $40 & up depending upon single or multi character,
subject matter; always best to give me a description so I can
quote
(11x14) $50, same restrictions apply
*Prints: colour--$5 at cons, $7 by mail; B&W cardstock--$2 at cons,
$3 by mail
I dunno about overseas, I've yet to send anything there. The price
would definitely go up to cover shipping. How much? I dunno.
Case by case I guess.
Some works currently for sale:
It's best to contact me by email or snailmail for a current print
listing.
Commission info:
Yes. Pinups, hard/soft erotica are my main forte' though I will do
other subject matter. NO INCEST, NO CHILDREN/ADULT!! Typical
price is $50-60 9x12 coloured though I prefer to work on 11x14 for
multi-characters. Yes, it'll raise the price but not by much.
Right now, there's a wait of 3-5 months, though I can and will rush
something if I'm given a deadline. If it's real tight, it will
cost extra.
Other information:
I'm basically open to negotiations. I WILL do commissions in
trade/barter. ASK FIRST!! DO NOT ASSUME I'LL AGREE!! Don't push
me, don't nag me. I'm inclined to bite if pushed too far. I'm a
tigress after all. --grin--
Information obtained from: Artist

----------

>> Jim Groat
See also publisher GraphXpress Comics

Address: P.O. Box 32292, Tucson, AZ 85751
Authorized distribution (if any):
I only authorize distribution of my work via written permission. I
don't allow electronic scanning (GIFs) nor unauthorized copying.
Availability of samples:
I do give out samples upon request, via SASE with 52 cents postage.
Pricing structure:
Prices run from $10 to $300 for originals, depending on size, content
and complexity. Prints vary in price depending on B&W or color.
Some works currently for sale:
_Red Shetland_; _Equine the Uncivilized_; _Morphs_
[see Comics section]
Commissions:
I do commissions, given a description of what is wanted, what medium
to use, and what price (or range) you are willing to pay. I don't
draw hardcore porn, Japanime or unauthorized copyrighted characters.
I don't use oils, guache or pastels.
I specialize in "fursonas", anthro portraits of people. Best work
off a photo. Also anti-Smurf, Barney, Care Bear art.
Information obtained from: Artist

----------

>> Nik Jardine

Address: Physical: 22 Oxcars Drive, Daglety Bay, Fife, KY11 5UG, Scotland
Email: se...@castle.uk.ac.ed
(from America: se...@castle.edinburgh.ac.uk)
Some works currently for sale:
Art types: Furry, bizarre mutations, cyberpunk. Available in:
New Dawn Fades, Midnight Blue*, Diverse Variations*. (*=not
published yet)
Commissions:
Commissions undertaken; no hardcore.
Information obtained from: Artist

----------

>> R'ykandar Korra'ti

Address: Email: da...@microsoft.com
Physical: 5206 20th Avenue NE, Seattle, WA 98105-3313
Authorized distribution (if any):
On a per-case basis. I've got one GIF out there which I allow
not-for-profit distribution (BUT RESERVE FULL COPYRIGHT!), but I don't
know if it actually ever went past the one BBS I put it on. It's kind
of a weak scan...
Availability of samples:
Not yet. I'm just now working on an inventory again. For a bunch of
reasons, I wasn't doing much artwork at all for a while.
Pricing structure:
Almost all my work is B&W; originals cost varying amounts depending
upon the original - I've sold stuff for anywhere from $25 to $90. The
small number of prints I've made cost $15. (These are B&W photoprints
of pencil artwork, which is why they cost so much.)
Some works currently for sale:
I really don't have much. :-p Ask again in, oh, six months. :-) The two
prints I have are $15 each, as mentioned above.
I hope to display some at conventions soon, which will help. Also, Lia
Graf has accepted a small B&W piece I submitted for Bourdiour.
Commissions:
Rarely, and only after the person has seen some of my other work.
Information obtained from: Artist

----------

>> Tracy Kazaleh

Address: 24353 Walnut Street, Newhall, CA 91321
Some works currently for sale:
*_The Wolfglen Incident_: One-shot; 32 pages; $2.50...
"Tracy's character Shadow returns in another adventure
collected from its serialization in Rowrbrazzle. Hers are
innocent tales set in a mythical woods, but innocent
doesn't mean quiet or naive. In this issue, Shadow is
attacked by the irate misunderstanding mother of a cub he's
teaching to fish. Left for dead, he is cared for by strangers
while the mother learns all is not as it seems."
Information obtained from: Vick and Melville's list

----------

>> Monika Livingston

Address: P.O. Box 1299, Cupertino, CA 95015
Authorized distribution (if any):
I do not authorize the distribution of my work without express written
permission from me.
Availability of samples:
I have a catalogue available free to interested parties.
Pricing structure:
For B&W prints I charge $2 and for laser prints $10. Custom
airbrushed T-shirts start at $35 with a median range of $40. Custom
work is $25 inked for 8.5x11 and $35 for 11x14; this includes a light
background. For more complicated detail price goes up. Allow about
$5 for postage. I really try to pack 'em so the UPS or Post Office
can't bend 'em. I also send things registered through the post as
I've had too many things go missing.
Some works currently for sale:
*_The Coldest Place, The Hottest Blood": A female tigress in the
snow, having just fallen and leaning over to give a grimace of
anger/fear. Her back is to the audience. Very powerful and the
prints are selling fast. Colour. $10 + shipping.
*_Forest Floater: A female fox with butterfly wings floating through
the Australian rain forest. Colour. $10 + shipping.
*In B&W I have many females and males. Ask for catalog.
*I also create art folios. Some I've had printed through YARF! the
Journal of Applied Anthropomorphics. [See 'Zines section.]
*I have other stuff through Brian Sutton's Happy Jackal Graphics.
[See Publishers section.]
Commissions:
I definitely do commission. Prices vary according to complication,
but I will work with someone on a budget. They may not get the
masterpiece they want, but they will get a fine piece. As for time
delay, it varies on how much I have to do already. We can work it
out while negotiating what they want. I do not do explicit sexual
scenes. I will do cheese cake art that runs towards "R".
However, if I'm not comfortable with a client's request I will say
so.
Other information:
Most of my colour work is in acrylics. I use the brush on my black
and white as I am trained in the comics field.
I'm currently doing several things. Girls in military paraphernalia,
hunks and hardbodies, enchantresses, lingerie, etc. I also plan to
put out a coloring book for adults (in progress). In the future,
several comics stories will be available but through whom I'm not
sure yet.
Information obtained from: Artist

----------

>> Niall MacConaill

Address: Email: ab...@freenet.carleton.ca
Physical: 1032 Alenmede Crescent, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K2B 8K5
Authorized distribution (if any):
So far only one GIF of mine is up on Avatar, and as such I authorize
people to view it from there only. Future images will follow the
same suit.
Availability of samples:
Samples are available (I've no idea _why_ someone would actually want
one, but that's not your question :) with a self-addressed envelope. NO
stamps, but a dollar for postage would be nice (so I can pay for Canadian
stamps to put on it), though not absolutely necessary.
No works currently available for sale.
Other information:
I'm another who does mainly G/PG, sometimes a bit of R stuff, but not
further than that.

----------

>> Cindy Murata

Address: P.O. Box 3055, Kirkland, WA 98083-3055
Availability of samples: Some are printed in Albedo #7
Commissions:
Accepted (no further information available)
Information obtained from: Albedo #7

END PART 1 OF 3
--
\o\ Internet: phae...@halcyon.com (Seattle, WA Public Access Unix) \o\
\o\ "How'd you like to move a few steps down the food chain, pal?" \o\

Mark Phaedrus

Jul 4, 1993, 8:36:43 PM7/4/93
LIST OF FURRY ARTISTS/PUBLISHERS/PUBLICATIONS: 7/4/93 (part 3 of 3)

(Please disregard any previous versions)
Compiled by Mark Phaedrus; phae...@halcyon.com
Compilation Copyright 1993 Mark Phaedrus; see part 1 for more info

Size:
Pricing structure:
furfandom and conventions, rather than just story and art
showcasing." -Steve Gallacci
Information obtained from: Albedo 8

----------

>> Refractions

Editor: R'ykandar Korra'ti
Address: Refractions; 5206 20th Ave. NE, Seattle, WA 98105-3313
Email: da...@microsoft.com
Size: 52 pages; magazine-sized; offset press; glossy cover; saddle-
stitched (standard magazine binding)
nonfiction on and fiction set in the Albedo universe. Prose
fiction, nonfiction articles and essays, graphic stories, and
artwork. Text-oriented, though with a lot of artwork (and looking
for more). Some contributors: Steve Gallacci, Conrad Wong, DAC
Crowell, Greywolf, Scott Alston.
Information obtained from: R'ykandar Korra'ti; Greywolf's list

----------

>> Shadowpath

Address: Laughing Coyote Press, P.O. Box 495355, Garland, TX 75049-5335
Size: 16 pages, digest-sized
Continuation of stories (text and comics) about Mel. White's main
character, Kagemusha, from the Dallas Brawl. "G" rated.
Information obtained from: Mel. White

----------

>> Shakedown Cruise

Address: Laughing Coyote Press, P.O. Box 495355, Garland, TX 75049-5335
Size: 16 pages, digest-sized
Reprint and continuation of stories about Ormat of Doria and her human
friend, Mims Gerran-- starship mechanics and tech support staff for
a starship full of the most opinionated beings in the known galaxies--
Valerian Dragons. "G" rated, humorous.
Information obtained from: Mel. White

----------

>> Sleepers

Authors: Vito Bianca and Kevin Vetrone
Address: Rock Soup Studio; P.O. Box 881, Wappingers Falls, NY 12590
Size: 60 pages (color cover)
Pricing structure: $8.95 + $1.50 P&H
Their armies and ideas were wiped from the face of the Earth
and the world was made safe for Democracy... and you probably
still believe in the Easter Bunny!" -Rock Soup's advertising

Information obtained from: Vick and Melville's list

----------

>> Steam Victorian

Editors: Zjonni Perchalski, Conrad Wong
Address: c/o Greyfox Graphics & Publishing, P.O. Box 160040, Cupertino,
CA 95016-0040
Size: approx. 45 pages, magazine-sized, glossy color cover
issue 1 features Zjonni Perchalski, Jordan Greywolf, Conrad Wong,
Jim Alvez, Marty Salsman, Baron Engel, Jeffrey Young, Gerald
Perkins, David Bryant.
Information obtained from: Usenet posting

----------

>> The Tai-Pan Project

Editor: Whitney Ware
Address: c/o Keith Johnson, P.O. Box 203, Indianola, WA 98342
Size: 50-75 pages, plastic ring-bound
_Rowrbrazzle_) in that full members are expected to write or
draw once a year to maintain membership; but copies are also
available to nonmembers at a price. The Tai-Pan is a mixed-
species trading starship for which participating members have
created characters. Rating: PG. Text-heavy, though with artwork
and graphic stories. Some contributors: Terrie Smith, Chuck
Melville, Edd Vick, Anthony Waters, Vicki Sinex, Jordan
Greywolf.
Information obtained from: Greywolf's list; Vick & Melville's list

----------

>> Wildlife APAzine

Editor: Matthew High
Address: 11796 West Ave. #B3, San Antonio, TX 78216
Size: 177 pages (in issue #4)
Ted Sheppard, Shon Howell, Jim Groat, Watts Martin, Kjartan
Arnorsson, Brian Sutton, Joe Rosales, Mel. White, Kyla
Littlejohn, Jim Drew, Joy Riddle, Riley, David Bliss.
Information obtained from: Greywolf's list; Matthew HighÕs
Usenet posts

----------

>> YARF! The Journal of Applied Anthropomorphics

Editors: Jeffrey Ferris and others
Address: P.O. Box 1299, Cupertino, CA 95015-1200
Size: Approx. 50 full-sized pages, thermal bound; some larger issues
for special events
"G to PG-13. Art, stories, graphic series, reviews... lots of
stuff. Some contributors: Mark Stanley, Monika Livingston, Watts
Martin, Jimmy Chin, Kris Kreutzman, Chris Grant, Roy D. Pounds II,
Ken Sample, Jordan Greywolf, Zjonni Perchalski, Jim Groat, Terrie
Smith, Maggie DeAlarcon, Tom Verre', Lance Rund, Dave White...
Probably the best 'zine I've seen yet." -Greywolf
Information obtained from: Greywolf's list

----------

>> Zoomorphica

Editor: Watts Martin
Address: Wyvern's Den Page Studio; P.O. Box 292513, Temple Terrace,
FL 33687-2513
Size: 36-40 full-sized pages
graphic stories. Rating: PG. Some contributors: Lawrence
Watt-Evans, Fred Patten, Bill Fitts, Matthew Posner, Jimmy Chin,
Jordan Greywolf, Terrie Smith, Mike Kazaleh, Kjartan Arnorsson,
Roy D. Pounds II, Christina Hanson, Zjonni Perchalski, Jordan
Greywolf.
Information obtained from: Greywolf's list; Vick and Melville's list

-----------

>> The Adventures of Captain Jack

B&W comic by Mike Kazaleh; 12 issues published by Fantagraphics
through 1/89. Cover price $2. Interplanetary hijinks on a small
merchant ship; mature readers.

-----------

>> A*K*Q*J

B&W comic one-shot by Mike Kazaleh, published by Fantagraphics in
March 1991. A pseudo-medieval story featuring the characters from the
Captain Jack books.

-----------

>> Albedo Anthropomorphics

B&W comic; 15 issues (numbered 0-14) published by Thoughts & Images
through 1989; 8 issues published by Antarctic Press through present. By
Steve Gallacci. Spacefaring military adventure. (See also Command
Review.)

----------

>> Cerebus

B&W comic by Dave Sim; 190+ issues published by Aardvark-Vanaheim
through May 1993, and most of the back issues are available in a set of
"phonebook" graphic novels (so called because of their size). Current
cover price $2.25. The adventures of anthropomorphic aardvark
swordsman thrust into a variety of unlikely roles, with some social
and political commentary mixed in.

----------

>> Command Review

B&W thick comic by Steve Gallacci; 3 issues published by Thoughts &
Images through 2/89; cover price $4. Reprints the Erma Felna storyline
(not the backup stories, letters pages, etc.) from issues 1-13 of the
original Albedo series.

----------

>> Critters

B&W anthology comic; 50 issues published by Fantagraphics through
March 1990. Over the course of its run, this covered just about every
style of general-audience furry story, including many characters also
seen in other comics (Fission Chicken, Captain Jack, Usagi Yojimbo,
etc.). Requires persistence to collect in comic stores, since some
issues had other names on the cover (Birthright, Lionheart, Gnuff,
etc.), and so may be filed under those other names. Cover price generally
$2.00.

----------

>> Dalgoda

Color comic; by Jan Strnad and Dennis Fujitake. 8 issues published
by Fantagraphics. A diplomat canine-anthropomorph alien, and his adventures
on Earth.

----------

>> The Doomsday Squad

Color comic; $2 cover. Mid-1980s; $2 cover. Non-furry comic, but
has backups with Dalgoda (issue #1), Usagi Yojimbo (#3), and Captain
Jack (#5).

----------

>> Equine the Uncivilized

B&W comic edited by Jim Groat; 7 issues published by GraphXpress.
Fantasy adventures of an equine anthropomorph (never would have guessed,
huh?)

----------

>> The Eye of Mongombo

B&W comic by Doug Gray. 7 issues published by Fantagraphics through
Dec. 1991. Cover price $2 to $2.25. An intrepid anthropologist is turned
into a duck, and comedy ensues.

----------

>> The Fauna Rebellion

B&W comic by R.L. Crabb. 3-issue miniseries, ending in May 1990,
published by Fantagraphics. Cover price $2. The animals try to set up
an independent nation in Yellowstone.

----------

>> Fission Chicken

B&W comic by J.P. Morgan and Kyle Rothweller. 4 issues published by
Fantagraphics through May 1990. Cover price $2. Tales of a superheroic,
atomic-powered chicken; a spin-off from _Critters_.

----------

>> The Furkindred

Anthology series from MU Press, edited by Chuck Melville and Edd
Vick. Three volumes published so far (A Shared World; Otter Madness;
Renewal of Porpoise). Text and graphic stories in a shared world, told
by a wide variety of authors and artists.

----------

>> Furrlough

B&W anthology comic, edited by Shon Howell and Matthew High with
Brian Sutton. 8 issues published by Antarctic Press through May 1993.
Cover price $2.50. Military and adventure anthropomorphics.

----------

>> Har*Har Comics

B&W comic by Mike Kazaleh. 2 issues published by Fantagraphics through
1992. Cover price $2.25. The depressingly funny adventures of Hyper-Al,
with back-up appearances by Boris & Morris, Fontaine Fox, and other
characters.

----------

>> Hepcats

B&W comic by Martin Wagner; 10 issues published by Double Diamond through
5/93. Cover price $2.25. Some early issues reprinted. Mature readers.

----------

>> Mad Raccoons

B&W comic by Cathy Hill. 2 issues published by MU Press as of
10/92. All sorts of funny stories concerning, well, raccoons.

----------

>> Morphs

B&W anthology comic; 4 issues published by GraphXpress as of 6/88.
No particular theme. $2.00

----------

>> Red Shetland

B&W comic by Jim Groat; 7 issues published by GraphXpress. $2.50.
The fantasy adventures of Red Shetland, equine swordswoman

----------

>> Rhudiprrt, Prince of Fur

B&W comic by Dwight Decker; 7 issues published by MU Press as of
12/92. A man whose last love was his cat dies, and his soul is placed
in the body of a young prince on a planet of anthropomorphic cats.
$2.50.

----------

>> Shanda the Panda

B&W comic by Mike Curtis and Mike Sagara; 1 issue published by MU Press;
1 issue published by Antarctic Press as of 6/93. Stories surrounding the
lives of the anthropomorphic crew of a movie theater; Antarctic issues are
mature-readers.

----------

>> Space Usagi

B&W comic by Stan Sakai; 3 issues published by Mirage Press.
$2.00. A SF spin-off of Usagi Yojimbo.

----------

>> Space Wolf

4-issue B&W comic series by Dan Flahive; 2 issues published by
Antarctic Press as of May 1993. $2.50. The age-old conflict between
wolf and sheep, taken into anthropomorphics and into SF.

----------

>> Stinz

B&W comic by Donna Barr. 4 issues published by Fantagraphics; at
least two issues published by Brave New Words. $2.50. A centaur joins
a human army and goes off to war.

----------

>> Usagi Yojimbo

Comic by Stan Sakai. 38 B&W issues published by Fantagraphics;
2 color issues published by Mirage Books as of 6/93. $2.75. The adventures
of an anthropomorphic samurai rabbit. Fantagraphics has published
several graphic novels collecting older stories.

----------

>> A Very MU Christmas

One-shot B&W anthology comic, published 11/92 by MU Press.
Christmas stories from a variety of authors; includes Rhudiprrt
and Shanda the Panda stories.

----------

>> The Weasel Patrol

One-shot B&W comic published 4/89 by Eclipse Comics. $2.00.
Two stories of the Weasel Patrol from Fusion.

----------

>> Wild Kingdom

B&W anthology mature-readers comic; one issue published by
MU Press as of 6/93. Sexually explicit stories from a variety of
authors. $2.50. [Editor's note: Pages 7-8 and 25-26 are reversed
in all the copies I've seen of issue #1.]

----------

>> Wild Life (aka Wild Life Tales)

B&W anthology comic; 2 issues published by Antarctic Press as of
6/93. $2.50. PG anthropomorphic stories of all sorts.

----------

>> Xanadu

B&W comic by Vicky Wyman; 5 issues published through 11/88, plus one
color issue (Xanadu Color Special) published 12/88. $2.00. Fantasy
anthropomorphics. (Issues #3 and #5 both have "Part Three" on the
outside cover; they have different cover art, and the issue numbers on
the inside cover are correct.) See also Everchanging Palace.

END OF FURRY ARTISTS/PUBLISHERS/PUBLICATIONS LIST

Mark Phaedrus

Jul 4, 1993, 8:29:29 PM7/4/93
LIST OF FURRY ARTISTS/PUBLISHERS/PUBLICATIONS: 7/4/93 (part 2 of 3)

(Please disregard any previous versions)
Compiled by Mark Phaedrus; phae...@halcyon.com
Compilation Copyright 1993 by Mark Phaedrus; see part 1 for info

----------

>> T. Jordan "Greywolf" Peacock (aka Jordan Greywolf)

Address: Physical: 1610 Parker, Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Email: peaco...@iscsvax.uni.edu
Authorized distribution (if any):
Currently, David "Fuzzy Fox" DeSimone does most-to-all of the scanning
of my artwork. Authorized GIFs available at avatar.snc.edu FTP site
or through FuzzyFox's distribution list. A complete listing is found
in "Greywolf.txt", periodically updated. It is requested that
permission be sought before uploading any of these images to any BBSs
or other distribution sites, and that the index file be included.
Availability of samples:
12-page sampler, $2.75, postpaid in US; $3.75 for overseas. For
inquiries, please send a SASE. [29 cents for US should suffice]
Pricing structure:
Simple one-character black-and-white portrait, 8.5"x11" -- $10. Add
$10 for color (inks or pencils). Prices for additional shading,
detailed borders/backgrounds, larger sizes, other media (acrylics,
oils, etc.), or pictures that would require some research for accuracy
can be negotiated. Sketches and photoreferences are welcome. For
overseas orders (shipped in mailing tube), please add $3 per piece.
In some cases for simple portraits barter is considered, for items
such as comics, various robot toys/models (especially Gundam, Macross,
Mospeada or Dougram), gaming supplies, anime/manga ... etc.

Some works currently for sale:

[Please contact the artist.]
Commissions:
Allow 3 months for commissions, though hopefully it won't take that
long. For simple single-character portraits, it may just be a few
weeks. No erotic subjects or those depicting graphic violence will
be considered.
Other information:
Information obtained from: Artist

-----------

>> Zjonni Perchalski

Publisher: Greyfox Graphics and Publishing
Address: P.O. Box 160040, Cupertino, CA 95016-0040
Availability of samples:
All ya gotta do is send a SASE and we'll send you a catalog.
(Overseas orders, send 2 IRC's.)

Some works currently for sale:

The following are immediately available:
*Prints of artwork from the Watts Martin story _A Gift of Fire: A
Gift of Blood_ (As seen in YARF!) $1 per image (Of equal quality
to images repro'ed in YARF!)
*Prints of artwork from the Watts Martin story _The Lighthouse_
(As seen in YARF!) $5 per image (Restatted and repro'ed on better
machines than were available to YARF! at the artist's expense.
These are near photo quality.)
*Other black and white prints will be available in the near future
(my stock is low lately and I don't know what else I have
available).
The above are all black and white prints on heavy stock.
*'Shiraj' A portrait of a Paul Kidd character: A female Egyptian
jackal garbed in traditional 'Pharaoh's daughter' type costume
with mantle and headdress holding a curved copper dagger. Full
color on heavy stock: $10 per image
*'Fata' Portrait of a female fox in green harem silks, sitting by a
city wall with a basket of fruits next to her. Full color on
heavy stock: $10 per image
*'On the Rocks' Portrait of a 'mer-vixen' resting on a reef-rock
and staring down at a vulpine sailor floating in the water
(staring back up at her with a look of disbelief). Shipwreck and
beach in the background. Full color on heavy stock: $10 per image
*_Steam Victorian_ (see 'Zines section)
Commission info:
I am not presently accepting commissions.
Information obtained from: Usenet postings

----------

>> Melody Rondeau

Address: 1853 Fallbrook Ave., San Jose, CA 95130
Authorized distribution (if any):
I do not authorize the distribution of my work by any means except
by those who have paid for the privilege and have signed
documentation from me. (I've gotten a tad skittish after several
bouts of piracy.)
Availability of samples:
Anyone wishing to can obtain B&W samples of my work for a legal
sized SASE and a note (so I know what the SASE is for!)
Pricing structure:
B&W begins at $10 for an 8x10 and goes up from there depending on
complexity. Color work begins at $15 and goes up accordingly.
8x10 matted hand-colored prints begin at $25, which includes all
shipping fees.
Commissions:
I do commissions but will not do sexually explicit or occult-
inspired themes. I usually ask for a 6- to 8-week turn around on
original work and a 2 week turn around for hand-colored prints.
Information obtained from: Artist

----------

>> Peter Stoller

Address: 8 Orchard Street, Spring Valley, NY 10977
Authorized Distribution:
*B&W GIFs and photocopies: Avatar site, photocopies okay as long as they
are not characters from a continuing series or any under development
(e.g., the sketches of Jon Shire and Tawnya Kitt are not allowed to be
reproduced).
*Color material: Please contact Digital Dreamworks.
Availability of samples: Please contact Digital Dreamworks.
Pricing structure: Varies based on complexity and nature of piece.

Some works currently for sale:

Color prints through Digital Dreamworks, some hand-colored prints and
sketches sold in convention art shows where Stoller is attending
Commissions: Contact Peter Stoller directly. Limits: Will not draw things
opposing his religious/political views, or race-baiting. Sexual stuff:
ask. Wait: Varies. Quickest is a week, longest is a year, average is
two months
Other information:
Peter Stoller does not own a computer and has *no* net access. He
is also VERY busy! Examples of his work can be found in FURRLOUGH and
WILD LIFE #1, and various fanzines.
Information obtained from:
Noel Tominack (no...@umbc2.umbc.edu) through a phone conversation with
Stoller.

----------

>> Mel. White
See also publisher Laughing Coyote Press.

Address: Email: 7274...@compuserve.com
L-Dr...@tworaven.lonestar.org
CompuServe - 72747,131
GEnie - M.WHITE36
FIDO - Mel. White 1/125:1004
Physical: P.O. Box 495335, Garland, TX 75049-5335
Authorized distribution (if any):
No GIFS permitted-- but I'd be delighted to send you a catalog.
Send me a SASE. Or Email me for an online version.
Availability of samples:
I've got this 8-page catalog (expanding soon) of neat stuff. Send me a
SASE and I'll ship it along! If you're in a hurry, I've got a text only
version (but it's long!)
Pricing structure:
Artwork generally sold at conventions. Prices vary from $7.00 (small
photoprints) to $200

Some works currently for sale:

*_Copyrights for Creators_ and _Copyrights for Consumers_. The
booklets address the common questions about copyrights and are
in plain English. Both cost the staggering amount of 25 cents
each plus a legal-sized SASE.
*Coyote (see 'zines section)
*The Dallas Brawl Update (see 'zines section)
*_Duncan and Mallory_: Three graphic novels. 60 pages each.
By Robert Lynn Asprin (author of Myth Adventures series, Phule's
Company series, Thieves' World editor) and Mel. White. These are
full-color graphic novels about the misadventures of a dragon and
his boy... err... knight... and their riverboat. Lunacy on a scale
(that's a joke, son) that only Asprin and White could achieve.
Includes some of Asprin's first published drawings so that we can
#1&#2: (each) $8.50 U.S. ($9.50 foreign). #3: $10.00 US ($11.50
foreign). All three books for $23 U.S. ($26 foreign).
*Folk Tails (see 'zines section)
*Shadowpath (see 'zines section)
*Shakedown Cruise (see 'zines section)
Commissions:
Generally only at conventions. Commission rates start at $5.00 for
a nametag-sized single character (pencils) and go up to $40 for a
full-color single character 11"x17". I don't mind doing 15-second
scribbles in folks' sketchbooks, and don't charge for those!
Other information:
I also have photoprints available (limited runs), and will be
expanding these offerings later this year. I will also offer
reprints of stories that I've sold to the pro markets after the
statute of limitations has expired on them.
Information obtained from: Artist

----------

>> Conrad "Lynx" Wong

Publisher:
No company is currently authorized to distribute my work except where I
submit stuff to 'zines and such.
Address: Email (fastest): ly...@netcom.com
Physical: 28368 Christopher's Lane, Los Altos Hills, CA 94022
Authorized distribution (if any):
I have some really old GIFs on Tezuka and Avatar, but forget the names,
and would be just as happy if they vanished. If I put up any new
approved GIFs then I'll make a note of it appropriately on the GIF.
Availability of samples:
I'm always happy to hear from and trade samples with other artists. If
you want a random sampling, send a one-stamped SASE for three or four
good copies of whatever I have latest done. This is a one-time offer
for any given person.
Pricing structure:
A fully colored 11x14 illustration original might cost $100. I don't
really have a fixed price system as I'm not that interested in
selling art.

Some works currently for sale:

No pics currently for sale. Maybe a portfolio sometimes this summer,
which might run $5 to 10 for a color cover and 20 pages.
Commissions:
I don't do commissions, in general, unless I like the idea; for
instance story illustrations, cover art, interesting picture conceptions.
I won't do anything with nudity, partial or whole. I do some detailed
work, though nothing as complicated as serious Celtic knotwork. I like
fantasy, RenFaire, Victorian, anime, some RL type clothes, that sort of
thing, but if you don't see it, ask. I'm willing to do moderate research
on clothes and settings, nothing that a trip to the library wouldn't fix.
Expect a delay of up to a month for a single picture, longer if it's a
series (in fact I won't guarantee how long it takes for anything more
than a single picture)
Other information:
I do what people call charming stuff, running about 80% pretty females
in fashionably chic outfits. Example: Death (from Gaiman's Sandman
comics) as a cheetah, dressed in her trademark leather jacket, black tank
top, belt, and boots, petting a little tiger kitten. Keshantii kittens
running about. (foxtaurs) A land ironclad (think steam train on steroids
with guns) on a Civil War battlefield. I've stuff in Gallery (#13 and
soon #14), YARF!, Steam Victorian. Thinking about things like T-shirts
and calendars, but that's somewhere off in the future. (Don't even
*think* about a Furry Tarot, there're 78 of the bleedin' cards and I like
the Tarot Deck of the Cat People anyways!)
I am *not* doing this on a professional basis. Furry fandom is a hobby
for me. I make my real money on full-time jobs, which doesn't leave me
much time for commissions and such when I have personal projects to be
done. However I'm willing to collaborate with people on interesting
projects, as long as I have the time to do it.
Information obtained from: Artist

----------

>> Ed Zolna
See also publisher Mailbox Books.

Address: P.O. Box 1278, Roslyn, PA 19001
Some works available for sale:
*_Fran an' Maabl_: Features the moderately-competent magicworker
Frannie and her long-suffering straight-woman, the 10'4" Maabl. Fran
accidentally comes into possession of the 'Coilii', marble-sized
spheres which contain whole inner worlds, and finds that there's more
to being their Guardian than she bargains for! An ongoing adventure
of humor and fantasy. [36-68 pages; $2.50/ea. or 3/$6 from Mailbox
Press]
*_Tales from Roslyn_: Features Frannie, Maabl and various residents
of Roslyn in an alternate storyline. Alien beings land in Frannie's
back yard and decide to hang around for awhile. World domination,
puppy love, extraordinary silliness... and Fran and Maabl too!
[8.5x3.5 stripbooks; $1 to $2 ea., or $6 for set of 6, from Mailbox
Press]
Commissions:
8-1/2 by 11 cartoons done in pencil of one or two characters, on bristol
board, for $5 per cartoon, including P&H. Rates for inked cartoons,
color and larger size illustrations available. Quotes cheerfully quoted!
Information obtained from: Mailbox Press catalog

>> PUBLISHERS <<

>> A-Morph Press
See publication Bestiary

----------

>> Alleged Literature
See artist P. Damian Cugley

----------

>> Antarctic Press

Address: P.O. Box 290221, San Antonio, TX 78280-1621

Some works currently for sale:

Black-and-white comics:
*Albedo (quarterly; $2.50+$1/issue P&H; subscriptions $14/4
issues); "Steve Gallacci's history-making anthropomorphic
title"; previously published by Thoughts & Images
*Furrlough (bimonthly; $2.50+$1/issue P&H; subscriptions
$21/6 issues); "Military and adventure anthropomorphics"
*Genus (quarterly; $2.50+$1/issue P&H; subscriptions $14/4
issues); "Adult furries the way you like it (must state you
are 18 years or older to subscribe)"
*Gold Digger ($2.50+$1/issue P&H)
*Shanda the Panda (coming soon)
*Space Wolf ($2.50+$1/issue P&H; 4-issue limited series)
*Wild Life (quarterly; $2.50+$1/issue P&H; subscriptions
$14/4 issues); "Cutting edge anthropomorphics anthology"
(other Antarctic titles may be anthropomorphic as well)
Information obtained from: Albedo 7 and 8

----------

>> Digital Dreamworks

Address: Physical: 104 Holpeland Court, Sterling, VA 20164
Email: wk0...@worldlink.com
Availability of samples:
We are...working up a large catalog(s) of the art work that we will
mail out and give away to all interested parties. Currently the catalog
has over 100 full color prints. The black and whites are not currently
in the catalog because we have many times more of those and it would
make the catalog overly large. A second catalog is under consideration.
We have been discussing also offering the catalog in electronic
form, as GIFs and on CD in tiff form (only format that reproduces all
the color.)
Other information:
We are a group of artists that promote other artists. We offer
no/low cost (to the artist) prints and distribution through as many
shows as we can go to. This art work currently represents about 30
artists. The subject matter is sci-fi/fantasy/furry in various
situations from innocent to risque. Our prints are done using
sublimation dye printers. This means we get better results than we
would using traditional offset presses. These are continuous tone
printers (no dots) producing 42.9 million colors that don't fade in
the sun.
Information obtained from: wk0...@worldlink.com

----------

>> GraphXpress Comics
See also artist Jim Groat

Address: P.O. Box 32292, Tucson, AZ 85751

Availability of samples:
Free catalog available; send SASE.

Some works currently for sale:

*_Equine the Uncivilized_ $10/4 issues
*_Morphs_ $10/4 issues
*_Red Shetland_ $10/4 issues
[See Comics section for info about these.]
Information obtained from: Jim Groat

----------

>> Greyfox Graphics and Publishing
See artist Zjonni Perchalski

----------

>> Happy Jackal Graphics

Address: Physical: 1200 Patricia #1208, San Antonio, TX 78213
Email: Internet: bn...@cleveland.freenet.edu
GEnie: M.HIGH

Information obtained from: Usenet posting

----------

>> Laughing Coyote Press

Address: Email: Internet: l-dr...@tworaven.lonestar.org
7274...@compuserve.com
CompuServe: 72747,131
GEnie: M.WHITE36
Fidonet: Mel. White at 1:124/1005 (note period after "l")
RIME: Mel. White at FIAWOL
(Email is checked daily on CompuServe and GEnie, less frequently
elsewhere.)
Physical: P.O. Box 495355, Garland, TX 75049-5335
Availability of samples:
I've got this 8-page catalog (expanding soon) of neat stuff. Send me a
SASE and I'll ship it along! If you're in a hurry, I've got a text only
version (but it's long!)

Some works currently for sale:

[Please write for a catalog. Also see Mel. White's listing in the
Artists section; the works listed there are available through Laughing
Coyote.]
Information obtained from: Mel. White; Usenet postings

----------

>> Lightpen Press
See 'zine The Fur's Gonna Fly

----------

>> Mailbox Books

Address: P.O. Box 1278, Roslyn, PA 19001
Availability of samples:
The current edition of the Vast Catalog of Other Good Stuff is
free for the asking; just send a letter or postcard and ask.
The Catalog is free, but if anyone wants to send a stamp or two
they can feel free to do so! People should _not_ send a SASE,
though... the Catalog is too big to fit into a standard envelope
and the SASE's get wasted. If you know of anyone else who might
want one, you can include their names and addresses too.
[Editor's note: The catalog in question is just over 40 pages,
5-1/2 by 8-1/2. It's over three ounces, so it would be a classy
touch to include four stamps.]
Pricing structure:
See catalog for prices. P&H is 75 cents for one item, $1.50
for two or more items, but P&H is free for all orders of $25 or more.

Some works currently for sale:

[Editor's note: Ed sent me a catalog, which has a very broad
selection of new and back issues of comics, graphic novels, books,
portfolios, 'zines, etc., etc. Most of the publications in
the Comics and 'Zines section of the list are included. I've
included a few items from the "Just In" section here, just as a
sample.]
*_Dallas Brawl Update_ issues [see 'Zines section; $4/issue]
*_The Evolution & History of Moosekind_ ("Former Disney animator Bob
Foster delves into human history a la Moose!") $7.95/issue
*_Cutey Bunny_ #1-5 (by Josh Quagmire; some issues autographed)
$3.00/issue and up
*_Red Shetland Artist Portfolio #5: Time Warp!_ ("Red depicted in the
past and future by 30 furry artists!") $3.00
*_XXXenophile_ by Phil Foglio ("Proving that 'Sex is still the
funniest thing people can do without penguins or high explosives!")
Mature readers; issues 1-4 $2.50 each; issues 5-8 $2.95 each
*_Gallery_ (see 'Zines section; issues $4.50 to $14.50 each,
depending on size)
Information available from: Ed Zolna; Catalog

----------

>> MU Press

Address: 5014-D Roosevelt Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105
Availability of samples:
Catalog available free by sending SASE to above address

Some works currently for sale:

*_Beauty of the Beasts_ ($2.50 ppd.; PG-13 furry "pinups")
*_Princess Karanam_ ($2.50 ppd.; R; Check Melville adaptation
of Paul Kidd's Arabian story)
*_Snowbuni_ ($3.25 ppd.; PG-13; by Jeff Wood)
*_Wild Kingdom_ ($2.50 ppd.; X-rated anthology; see Comics section)
*_Furkindred_ (see Comics section)
Information obtained from: Ad in Blue Moon 3

----------

>> Refractions
See Refractions and Low Orbit in 'Zines section

----------

>> Tigerwing Press
See artist Lia Graf

----------

>> Wyvern's Den Page Studio

See publication Zoomorphica

-----------

>> Alpha Omega

Editor: Harry K. Miller
Address: 1106 Jones Avenue, Bowling Green, KY 42104
Some contributors: G. Raymond Eddy, Mark J. Paul, Allan Lewis,
Billy Leavell, B.K. Ward.

Information obtained from: Greywolf's list

----------

>> Bestiary

Editor: Scott Alston
Address: A-Morph Press, 5137 Cathering St., Philadelphia, PA 19143
Size: Digest; latest issue 50 pages
Frequency: Quarterly
Pricing structure: $3.50 postpaid; back issues available (send SASE)
Fanzine; PG-13; artwork (mostly "pin-up") and graphic stories.
Some contributors: Terrie Smith, Roy D. Pounds II, Bill Fitts,
Ken Sample, Scudder Kidwell, Niall MacConaill, Scott Alston, Colleen
Winters, Jordan Greywolf, Shon Howell, Brian Sutton
Information obtained from: Greywolf's list (10/29/92); Niall MacConaill

----------

Author: George Peter Gatsis
Address: P.O. Box 10, 160 Adelaide Street East, Toronto, Ontario,
Canada M5A 1N1
Size: 32 pages
computer-enhanced artwork
Information obtained from: Vick & Melville's list

----------

>> The Centaurs' Gatherum

Editor: Victor Wren
Address: 116-1/2 North Wheeling, Tulsa, OK 74110-5240
Size: Digest-sized
Pricing structure: $2/issue; back issues available--send SASE for
info
mostly art. Theme is centaurs and centaur-like creatures
(fox'taurs, wolf'taurs, equestaurs...) Some contributors:
Donna Barr, Terrie Smith, Jim Groat, Scott Ruggels, Mary Lynn
Skirvin Johnson, Maggie DeAlarcon, Chris Grant, Sherlock,
Heather Bruton, Steve Gallacci, Quinton Hoover, Roberta Gregory,
Kjartan Arnorsson, Jordan Greywolf, Roy D. Pounds II, Karena
Kliefoth, Victor Wren.
Other information: CGN (Centaurs' Gatherum Newsletter?) has a practice of
making the addresses of contributors available, which is quite handy
for those would like to correspond with other artists.

Information obtained from: Greywolf's list

----------

>> Coyote

Address: Laughing Coyote Press, P.O. Box 495355, Garland, TX 75049-5335
Size: 16 pages, digest-sized

Pricing Structure: $1.50 per issue, plus $.50 P&H ($1.00 for overseas

orders). Back issues available.

Reprints and new stories of Mel. White's Coyote, which appeared in
CRITTERS and USAGI YOJIMBO. "G" rated, humorous with an occasional
slant into the Extremely Thoughtful. Most issues are comics only,
though there are some text pieces.

Information obtained from: Mel. White

[Editor's note: Not to be confused with the "Coyote" comic book.]

----------

>> The Dallas Brawl Update

Editor: Mel. White

Address: Laughing Coyote Press, P.O. Box 495355, Garland, TX 75049-5335

APA; Cartoon 'zaps' by contributors at other contributors'
characters. PG. Open to writers and artists and includes
players around the world. Not strictly furry, but often concerns
furry antics. Back issues are available. There are currently 75
players and subscribers. Some contributors: Mel. White; Scudder
Kidwell; Liz Gagliano; Tracy Kazaleh; Joy Riddle; the Alston
brothers; Melody Rondeau; Mitch Marmel; Scott Malcomson; G. Raymond
Eddy; Rod Smith.
Information obtained from: Mel. White; Greywolf's list; Melody Rondeau

----------

>> The Ever-Changing Palace

Editors: Lex Nakashima and Steve Gallacci
Address: c/o Steve Gallacci, P.O. Box 14149, Seattle, WA 98109
Size: Latest issue 106 pages, magazine-sized, glossy color cover
Rating: PG/13. Contributors include Wyman, Steve Gallacci,
Robert & Margaret Carspecken, Tracy Horton, Juan Alfonso,
Chuck Melville, Will Faust, Craig Hilton, and Donna Barr.
Other information: Closed-contributorship fanzine.
Information obtained from: Greywolf's list; Vick and Melville's list

----------

>> Folk Tails

Address: Laughing Coyote Press, P.O. Box 495355, Garland, TX 75049-5335

Size: 20+ pages, digest-sized
Pricing structure: $2.00 per issue, plus $.50 P&H ($1.00 for overseas

orders). Back issues available.

Anthology fanzine with an emphasis on humor and upbeat stories. "G"
rated material. Always open to new submissions of art and poetry
and stories (Query through Email or with a SASE).

Information obtained from: Mel. White

----------

>> The Fur's Gonna Fly

Editor: G. Raymond Eddy
Address: Lightpen Press, 1156 Panama Rd. SE, Carrollton, OK 44615-9659
Size: 12 pages, digest-sized (future issues may be larger)
Art, graphic stories. Theme is 'anything furry that flies',
including various winged furries as well as furries that fly
aircraft... Rating: G... Some contributors: Roy D. Pounds II,
G. Raymond Eddy, Scott Alston, Jordan Greywolf.

Information obtained from: Greywolf's list

----------

>> Furtherance

Editor: Ray "Rune" Rooney
Address: 200 DuPont Street, Philadelphia, PA 19127-1208
Size: 20+ full-size pages (?)
Pricing structure: $3/issue
news. Rating: G/PG. Some contributors: Monika Livingston,
Mike Higgs, Jim Groat, Terrie Smith.

Information obtained from: Greywolf's list

----------

>> Gallery

Editor: Richard Chandler
Address: Richard Chandler/Gallery, 843 Locust St. Apt. 110B, Herndon, VA
22070-4958; email: mau...@intercon.com
Size: Currently 110-120 pages
have you. Not strictly furry, but the majority is. Some
contributors: Alex Schlarmann, Bill Fitts, Brian Sutton, Bryce
Nakagawa, Chuck Melville, David Cannon, Debora Carr, Donna Barr, Ed
Zolna, Eric Elliot, Herb Bresky, Jack Cavanaugh, Jeremy "Wolf"
Kidd, Jim Groat, Jimmy Chin, Jody Kooistra, Joe Rosales,
Joshua Quagmire, Lianne Waelder, Randy Zimmerman, Shon Howell,
Steve Corbett, Susan Van Camp, Taral Wayne, Ted Sheppard,
Terrie Smith, William Haas.

Information obtained from: Greywolf's list

----------

>> In-Fur-Nation

Address: P.O. Box 1958, Garden Grove, CA 92642-1958
Size: 4 pages (newsletter)
Pricing structure:
meant to appear frequently. Issues focus on ConFurence, the annual
furry convention in Anaheim, CA, but do have some other news.

Information obtained from: Vick and Melville's list

----------

>> Low Orbit

Editor: R'ykandar Korra'ti
Address: Refractions; 5206 20th Ave. NE, Seattle, WA 98105-3313
Email: da...@microsoft.com

Size: Magazine-sized; offset press; glossy cover; saddle-stitched

(standard magazine binding)

Pricing structure: $3.95 for issue 48; $2.50 for sample issues pre-#48

Information obtained from: R'ykandar Korra'ti

----------

>> Midnight Sonata

Address: Ryujin Productions, 552 S. Paula Street, Wichita, KS 67209-1617
Dragon and its crew. Adult themes. Some contributors: Shiel Ahgems,
Scott Alston, Freddy Andersson, Mark Barnard, Ted Blasingame, Steven
Carter, Roy D. Pounds II, Lord Rees, Terrie Smith.
Information obtained from: Ryujin Press flyer

----------

>> The New Affurmative Action

Editor: Dave Peyton
Address: P.O. Box 10144, Austin, TX 78766-1144
Email: hep...@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Size: comic-sized
contributors: Dave Peyton, Karena Kliefoth, Jeremy Kidd, Bill Fitts,
Jeffrey Young, Jordan Greywolf, G. Raymond Eddy, Charles Wagner.

Information obtained from: Greywolf's list

----------

>> The Pelt

Editor: Mark J. Paul
Address: 450 Forrest Avenue, Apt. A203, Norristown, PA 19401
Size: Loose pages ("issue" 1 was 2 pages long)
Pricing structure: (production costs)
Newsletter announcing new fanzines, releases, furry events, etc.

Information obtained from: Greywolf's list

END PART 2 OF 3

Mark Phaedrus

Jul 4, 1993, 8:39:11 PM7/4/93
One more thing I forgot to mention: the list is also available via
anonymous ftp at halcyon.com, in the /local directory.

Kay.S...@f524.n102.z1.fidonet.org

Jul 6, 1993, 5:29:22 AM7/6/93
On <Jul 04 16:36>, Mark Phaedrus (1:103/208) wrote to All:

MP>Newsgroups: alt.fan.furry

MP> LIST OF FURRY ARTISTS/PUBLISHERS/PUBLICATIONS: 7/4/93
MP>(part 3 of 3)
MP> (Please disregard any previous versions)
MP> Compiled by Mark Phaedrus; phae...@halcyon.com
MP> Compilation Copyright 1993 Mark Phaedrus; see part 1 for
MP>more info

This is the only part of this post that got here...

--- msged 2.06