Furry Conventions (Was: any 'Sibe' thread.)

Spirou

Aug 11, 2005, 12:22:24 AM8/11/05
While in discussion on a mailing list about the brouhaha currently
running in AFF, a point was made: how many Furry Cons, Furry Furmeets,
and/or Cons with Furry Tracks will be on 2006, here in the US or
overseas? (And, incidentally, which ones is Sibe banned from?.) Here's a
quick Google search result. Any data missing?.

-Post your additional if: I'm wrong, Forgot one, Got the dates wrong,
etc,... Will update with a final one at the end of the Flamefest, then
anybody can use the information to update their future travel plans, web
pages, or other miscellania.

-The "Sibe" angle is just an afterthought, just for curiosity factor,
and this post is to viewed as primarily for the gathering of Furry Cons
information, NOT for the bashing of such above mentioned individual.

(*) ...Uh, Local Furmeets with Ban Lists?,...
(**) Hmm, I don't think so on the Ban angle. Imagine a Trekker asking
SDCC to ban a particular fellow Trekkie fan for X reasons,... You get
the idea.
(***) This Furry Con is not slated to start until 2007 (FYI.)

UNITED STATES
-----------------------
FURRY CONVENTIONS

Anthrocon 2006
http://www.anthrocon.org/info.cgi/index
SibeBan: Unknown

Califur 2006
http://www.califur.com/
SibeBan: Unknown

Conifur 2006
http://www.conifur.org/
SibeBan: No

Feral! 2006
http://www.campferal.org/
SibeBan: Asked not to attend 2005 gathering. Unknown Status post 2005.

FurFright 2006
http://www.furfright.org/
SibeBan: Unknown

Further Confusion 2006
http://www.furtherconfusion.org/fc2006/
SibeBan: Yes

FWA (Furry Weekend Atlanta) 2006
http://www.furryweekend.com/
SibeBan: Unknown

Mephit Furmeet 2006
http://mephitfurmeet.org/
SibeBan: Unknown

Midwest Fur Fest 2006
http://www.furfest.org/
SibeBan: Unknown

Morphicon 2006
http://www.morphicon.org/2006/
SibeBan: Unknown

Oklacon 2006
http://www.oklacon.com/
SibeBan: Unknown

Pawpet Megaplex
http://www.ppmp.info/
SibeBan: Unknown

Rocky Mountain FurCon 2007 (***)
http://www.rockymountainfurcon.com/
SibeBan: Unknown

Texas Furrycon (Cancelled in 2005, rumored to come back in 2006.)
http://www.texasfurrycon.org/
SibeBan: Unknown (n/a if cancelled permanently.)

----
FURMEETS (*)

CMFM (Capemay Furmeet) 2006 (New Jersey)
http://www.capemayfurmeet.com/
SibeBan: n/a

FurBQ 2006 (California)
http://www.socalfurs.com/
SibeBan: n/a

Murrrdi Gras 2006 (Missouri)
http://www.furnation.com/ARF/mg.htm
SibeBan: n/a

Rocket City FurMeet 2006 (Alabama)
http://narf.wereanimal.net/
SibeBan: n/a

----
CONS WITH FURRY TRACKS (**)

Marcon 2006
http://www.marcon.org/
SibeBan: No

Duckon 2006
http://www.duckon.org/
SibeBan: No

I-Con 2006
http://www.iconsf.org/
SibeBan: No

San Diego Comic Con
http://www.comic-con.org/index.php
SibeBan: No

Gencon
http://www.gencon.com/
SibeBan: No

OVERSEAS
-----------------------
FURRY CONVENTIONS

BritFur2006 (UK)
http://www.britfur.co.uk/2005/index.html
SibeBan: Unknown

C-ACE (Canadian Anthro & Cartooning Expo) 2006 (Canada)
http://www.c-ace.org/
SibeBan: Unknown

Eurofurence 2006 (Germany)
http://www.eurofurence.org/EF11/
SibeBan: Unknown

FranFurence 200? (France) Any information on this Con?.
URL unknown
SibeBan: n/a

International Anthropomorphic Festival 2006 (Canada)
http://www.anthrofest.org/
SibeBan: n/a

----
FURMEETS (*)

Howloween 2006 (BC, Canada)
http://www.howloween.org/2005/
SibeBan: n/a

----
CONS WITH FURRY TRACKS (**)

none

Sibe Husky

Aug 11, 2005, 12:49:32 AM8/11/05
This is a rather handy report!

I know for a fact that im not banned from Howloween!

Ozone

Aug 11, 2005, 10:28:13 AM8/11/05
> FranFurence 200? (France) Any information on this Con?.
> URL unknown
> SibeBan: n/a

We need more staff, FF3 is still in work.
http://franfurence.francefurs.org
SibeBan: Definatly

jarro...@gmail.com

Aug 11, 2005, 10:32:28 AM8/11/05
Ozone, do you really think Sibe is going to go to France to go to a
furry con?

Let's be realistic here. ZaireFurCon making a point of banning Sibe is
a bit amusing. PenguinCon on the South Pole banning Sibe is silly.
Instead of figuring out which people who will never attend your con to
ban, perhaps you need to form your convention? :)

White Wolf

Aug 11, 2005, 10:33:12 AM8/11/05
Sibe Husky wrote:
> This is a rather handy report!
>
> I know for a fact that im not banned from Howloween!

Nor FWA, nor FurFright. :)

Kiran and TigerPaw of FWA are both legit, kind, and reasonable people.
They won't ban you just because some moron(s) with an ego problem are
gonna email em saying you shouldn't be attending their con. And they
welcomed you there, as stated in the email from Kiran! ^_^

Belic + K'Gra (FurFright) are both close friends of mine from back in
New England. And I KNOW they would never ban anyone, unless they were to
cause physical harm to someone they knew (as has happened in the past).
Hell, if anything, they'll welcome you with open arms.

I reccomend FurFright, that would probably be the most laid back and
relaxed con for you to go to.. though being on the other side of the US,
prolly the most expensive too. :(

-White

Ozone

Aug 11, 2005, 10:36:34 AM8/11/05
It's what we call a "principle ban".
Like "solidarity", you know this word?

jarro...@gmail.com

Aug 11, 2005, 10:44:34 AM8/11/05
Solidarity? What solidarity? It seems most fur cons are not banning
people who've never attended them, and it seems most fur con-chairs
seem to ally the practice of banning someone you've never even seen
face to face or who has never caused a single problem at your
convention as somewhat.. well.. what's the word.. "reactionary?"

If you want solidarity with the furcons, I will tell you what
solidarity is. Solidarity is saying "No. We will not ban someone just
because they are unpopular when there is no evidence that they are even
coming to our convention and have never caused a single problem at our
convention. This is especially so when we are being threatened to do
so by another attendee."

That's the solidarity you are seeing here. A solidarity towards
fairness.

I hate Sibe when he does this. He's an ass, and he's getting all the
attention we can throw at him. He loves this. He's controlling you,
he's controlling everyone. But, If you think that fur cons are by and
large banning someone who has never even come to their con nor has any
plans to come to their conventions, then, well.. you're crazy.

And if you think throwing "solidarity" or "doing what's right" in my
face is going to make me feel any different, let me put it to you this
way. How would you feel if a scifi company said to dragon con.. "NO
FURS. Or we don't come. Furs are perverts who like to sleep with
younger children and animals." Would you be about solidarity then?

Sibe is by no means a victim in this.. but if you can't see that this
is something that would just START with Sibe, then I'm sorry. Where
does it end? What if I don't like YOU? Can I pull the same thing?

Ozone

Aug 11, 2005, 11:10:08 AM8/11/05
You have the right to have an opinion. But what gives you the right to
affirm I don't know him? Who is crazy?

jarro...@gmail.com

Aug 11, 2005, 11:13:12 AM8/11/05
All I'm saying is that pretending like a lot of conventions are banning
him is all good and well, but if you want to do what a lot of
conventions are doing and have a say in this and be "champions of
solidarity", you will see this for the threat it is and not issue a ban
either way.

Of course, I invite you yourself to jump on as many mailing lists and
websites of the conventions as you can find and learn the truth
yourself. Cons aren't rushing out to ban him. You're living in a
delusion if you think they are. Most conventions won't even see him at
all.

Brock Ulfsen

Aug 11, 2005, 11:15:08 AM8/11/05
jarro...@gmail.com wrote:
> Ozone, do you really think Sibe is going to go to France to go to a
> furry con?

> Let's be realistic here. ZaireFurCon making a point of banning Sibe is
> a bit amusing. PenguinCon on the South Pole banning Sibe is silly.

It is important and meaningful as a symbol.

What we need is a "No Sibe" symbol for cons to put on their fliers and
membership packs. Maybe they could sell "No Sibe" or "100% Sibe Free"
merchandise to fund even more furry art. Or, to donate to legitimate
sites carrying legally furry art in free digital form.

Having said that, it would be really really nice if people authorised
release of unobtainable (out of print etc) material through legitimate
channels.

...Brock.
(100% Sibe Free)

jarro...@gmail.com

Aug 11, 2005, 11:24:26 AM8/11/05
Brock:

Are there any other Symbols we'd need tho? How about a "No president
Bush" or a "No Nazifurs" or "No Animecatgirls."

Sibe isn't going to these cons. Sibe isn't the problem. It's people
downloading his stuff that's the problem. If you go over to piratebay
and look at his torrent, you'll see a few seeders and a TON of
leechers. Do you think , if Sibe is stopped, that it will stop the
people from stealing the stuff?

My point is, why sell your con on "No Sibe" when there's no chance
he'll be there, most furs don't even know his real name or what he
looks like, and rampant piracy of all art forms will occur anyway?

Are there any other enemies we want to invent for a widespread problem
that we can ban?

Sibe Husky

Aug 11, 2005, 12:07:25 PM8/11/05
Oh shit... I cant go to a french furry con? ^^;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

sacre blu!

Spirou

Aug 11, 2005, 1:53:31 PM8/11/05
Latest update: Franfurence confirmed, URL added. Added Furginia Furmeet
to US Furmeets. Added A-Kon, LosCon, and DragonCon to US Cons with Furry
Tracks. Added Furthest North to Overseas Furry Conventions.

Need information on: Indy Furmeet (US Furmeet.)

----
FURMEETS (*)

Furginia Furmeet 2006 <--UPDATED
http://furries.meetup.com/250/
SibeBan: n/a

Indy Furmeet (No Info) <--UPDATED
URL?
SibeBan: n/a

Murrrdi Gras 2006 (Missouri)
http://www.furnation.com/ARF/mg.htm
SibeBan: n/a

Rocket City FurMeet 2006 (Alabama)
http://narf.wereanimal.net/
SibeBan: n/a

----
CONS WITH FURRY TRACKS (**)

A-Kon 2006 <--UPDATED
http://www.a-kon.com/
SibeBan: No

Duckon 2006
http://www.duckon.org/
SibeBan: No

DragonCon 2006 <--UPDATED
http://www.dragoncon.org/
SibeBan: No

I-Con 2006
http://www.iconsf.org/
SibeBan: No

LosCon 2006 <--UPDATED
http://www.loscon.org/
SibeBan: No

Marcon 2006
http://www.marcon.org/
SibeBan: No

San Diego Comic Con
http://www.comic-con.org/index.php
SibeBan: No

Gencon
http://www.gencon.com/
SibeBan: No

OVERSEAS
-----------------------
FURRY CONVENTIONS

BritFur2006 (UK)
http://www.britfur.co.uk/2005/index.html
SibeBan: Unknown

C-ACE (Canadian Anthro & Cartooning Expo) 2006 (Canada)
http://www.c-ace.org/
SibeBan: Unknown

Eurofurence 2006 (Germany)
http://www.eurofurence.org/EF11/
SibeBan: Unknown

FranFurence 2006 (France) <--UPDATED
http://franfurence.francefurs.org
SibeBan: Yes

Furthest North 2006 (Canada)<--UPDATED
http://fn.boarral.com/
SibeBan: Unknown

International Anthropomorphic Festival 2006 (Canada)
http://www.anthrofest.org/

SibeBan: Unknown

Dan Skunk

Aug 11, 2005, 1:58:39 PM8/11/05

"Brock Ulfsen" <elfw...@tpg.com.au> wrote in message

Lol... Yes, lets have Sibe's name printed in every conbook and flyer in the
world. Let us all wear his name proudly over our hearts.

Sibe is the most famous furry that every was and ever will be.

Sibe is a god!

Marc

Aug 11, 2005, 4:35:44 PM8/11/05
Convention lists of banned people are never made public. That is between
the convention staff and the folks on the list.
So your data is probably missing several bits of information.

BTW, Sibe may be infamous, but he's not the first, nor the last, person
banned from conventions.

Sibe Husky

Aug 11, 2005, 5:29:13 PM8/11/05
Yeah they are Marc, Conventions need an ICON so they can distinguish
themselves form lower forms of furry conventions that have a lower Sibe
content.

Spirou

Aug 11, 2005, 5:33:01 PM8/11/05

Latest update: Franfurence confirmed, URL added. Added Furginia Furmeet
to US Furmeets. Added A-Kon, LosCon, and DragonCon to US Cons with Furry
Tracks. Added Furthest North to Overseas Furry Conventions.

Need information on: Indy Furmeet (US Furmeet.)

Edit: Oops, forgot the Londonfurs Meet (Overseas Furmeets) on the last
update.

----
[...]

LondorFurs Furmeet 2006 (UK. Note: Meets are scheduled every 3 weeks.)
http://ukfur.org/londonfurs/

BR

Aug 11, 2005, 5:15:17 PM8/11/05
On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 13:58:39 -0400, Dan Skunk wrote:

> Lol... Yes, lets have Sibe's name printed in every conbook and flyer in
> the world. Let us all wear his name proudly over our hearts.
>
> Sibe is the most famous furry that every was and ever will be.
>
> Sibe is a god!

Considering how gods are treated. We may not be doing him any favours.

mep...@gmail.com

Aug 11, 2005, 8:48:43 PM8/11/05
Ozone wrote:
> It's what we call a "principle ban".
> Like "solidarity", you know this word?

French furry con preemptively bans Sibe.

Sibe attends anyways.

France surrenders.

Sibe Husky

Aug 11, 2005, 8:59:32 PM8/11/05
rofl

Marc

Aug 12, 2005, 6:50:52 AM8/12/05

Dont flatter yourself. You're no icon.

You're just one of many other folks who dont understand that society has
rules and laws to follow, and you revel in breaking those rules.

The only thing that will eventually happen to you (and it's started) is
that you will finally notice that Society has no tolerance, and no pity.

Break laws, deal with consequences. Be a rebel, cope with how folks
perceive you.

What is sad is that you apparently dont even realize this. One day you
will. It's your life to screw up, and your choice about how many folks
you aggravate along the way.

Do you find this fun yet? If yes, you need a whole lot of clues.

Want to pirate stuff? Go for it, then the only person you involve is
yourself and another pirate.

Want to promote and help distribute pirated stuff? Then you start
severely hurting others.

Think nobody will react? Wrong.
Think nobody can do anything serious to affect your life because of it?
Wrong.

No, before you freak, it's probably not us who will do all that to you,
but the folks who have Law Enforcement on their side. Folks who can put
you in a small cage and leave you there for a while. You are not in a
cage because right now you are still nothing much more than a kiddie
hacker.
So dont flatter yourself. You hurt others, you really do. When the cash
total of your actions goes above a certain level, the gods will shit on
you and you wont know what hit you. Period. That's how life works.

It's only a matter of time; you're not stopping, not even showing any
hint of stopping, and you make a big show of it.

One day it's going to hit you where it hurts, and criminal records hurt
for a long time. You'll get it when you try to apply for a decent
security-cleared job and be refused. That stuff sticks to you for life.

Your call, Mr Icon.

iBuck

Aug 12, 2005, 10:42:12 AM8/12/05
>Convention lists of banned people are never made public. That is between
>the convention staff and the folks on the list.

Except if a publisher anounces it, and asks people to "think twice
about attending".

Sibe Husky

Aug 12, 2005, 1:02:38 PM8/12/05
heheh

WITH A FELONY I HAVE WORKED AS A

Credit Card Phone Banker for household bank (ssns, ccids)

Application solicitor for a automobile bankruptsy firm (ssns)

Restaurant assistant manager

Lincoln Sales Representative

I have been denied employment ONCE

For grunt FedEx work ;) Canada classifies my SCARY FELONY as a
misdemeanor which is why they let me into their country.

Just incase you nerds out there dont realize, just about everything is
a felony anymore. Most misdemeanors are now class C felonies because
republicans want to get TOUGH on crime.

Meanwhile, get TOUGH on shanda the XXX panda. Man mike, you are a
fucking failure, your comic is a failure, your fans are failures.
Shanda is a shitty icon. I never said I was an icon and YOU brought up
making ME the icon!

Yes YOU!

YOU EMAILED ALL THE CONVENTIONS AND WHINED YOUR BITCH ASS ABOUT IT!!!

And guess what.

Many of the conventions have emailed me personally

"Hey Sibe, your not banned but we are going to playcate Mike and Carole
until this whole thing blows over."

And im like thats totally cool man, fuck those sandy cunts. So a lot
of those unknowns, are just playin both sides.

Dan Skunk

Aug 19, 2005, 2:15:47 PM8/19/05
Canada is hardly "overseas." :P

"Spirou" <spi...@spam.nothanks.net> wrote in message