Furrlough 132 and 133

Tamar

Mar 5, 2004, 12:40:32 AM3/5/04
Issue 132 of Furrlough is what I've been waiting to see from this anthology
for a year folks. A whole issue that rocks. Each story was good in this one
and the artwork of the last with the avian morphs (I'd say the title but as
I write this I can't find it) just really made me smile cause its not often
you see people do bird morphs and do them well. I'd say a definite pic up
for good quality anthro art and writing.

Issue 133 (just came out) Is also a good one save for one (I'll get into
that later). Chris Whalen once again brings you that great slice of life
one page story that only needs to be one page. You'll get a chuckle out of
it, but then it'll really make you think and feel for the poor character too
by its brief yet effective end.

Clare's Stupid Life, which started in 132, continues with a nice dose of
humor anthro art done in a more classic cartoony funny animal style. The
expressions of the characters are great and its like reading/looking at a
cartoon on paper.

We also get a short preview of a returning short, Kurt Wilcken's Sex Kitten.
It's been awhile since she's seen print, but I'm glad that his superhero
(who'd powers other than flying I'm can't totally remember what they are) is
making a come back. Looks like she's tying the knot too. Not a full story
but a preview of I guess what will be an up coming special.

All good, but then there's the opener that almost made me wonder why I
bought the thing, luckily I thumbed through the whole thing first. I'm going
to be honest when I say I'm biased towards this person's work, but
seriously,for those who've been reading his...contributions (cause I refuse
to call what's being printed a story) what the heck is Jerry Collin's story
about and where exactly is the story? I mean, what is this? It's like badly
sketched pinups with poorly lettered words of ...stuff. If this just had to
be printed in this issue, why was it the first thing to show up in the book?
I mean, it's nothing more than page filler with nothing at all interesting
for a reader to bother with. 4 pages of goofy/sketchy looking deer female
things with military stuff on/ around/something. The only positive thing
about his.."story" this time is the fact that at least it was inked, if not
sloopily, but still inked this time rather than the scanned pencils it had
been. But this definitely should have been in the back of the book rather
than the starter.

Overall, 2 good issues with one bad story, but still both worth paying the
$3 for.

Oh and Wonderful cover in 133 by Susan Meyer (what, you were expecting her
not to do a good one?) and cute front piece by David Goodman.

--
Shawntae Howard
www.extinctioners.com

Obvious Fake. Do Not Harvest.

Mar 5, 2004, 2:04:34 AM3/5/04
>From: "Tamar" how...@erie.net

[snipped praise for everything in these two issues, except....]

>All good, but then there's the opener that almost made me wonder why I
>bought the thing, luckily I thumbed through the whole thing first. I'm going
>to be honest when I say I'm biased towards this person's work, but
>seriously,for those who've been reading his...contributions (cause I refuse
>to call what's being printed a story) what the heck is Jerry Collin's story
>about and where exactly is the story? I mean, what is this? It's like badly
>sketched pinups with poorly lettered words of ...stuff. If this just had to
>be printed in this issue, why was it the first thing to show up in the book?
>I mean, it's nothing more than page filler with nothing at all interesting
>for a reader to bother with. 4 pages of goofy/sketchy looking deer female
>things with military stuff on/ around/something. The only positive thing
>about his.."story" this time is the fact that at least it was inked, if not
>sloopily, but still inked this time rather than the scanned pencils it had
>been. But this definitely should have been in the back of the book rather
>than the starter.

Well, it isn't like Radio hasn't been dropping a clue to their readership. Both
of these issues (and a couple before that, I think) have the guidelines for
submissions printed in them.

In other words, Jerry Collin's stuff may be filler, after all!

That's my take on it, as a reader and not a contributor. Someone will have to
corner Erin or Matt at a con sometime and ask -- I don't think either of them
have read this newsgroup in a long while.

If you want me to see your response, please post.
http://www.towerofbabel.com/antispam
http://members.hostedscripts.com/antispam.html

PlanetFur

Mar 5, 2004, 9:18:48 AM3/5/04
I can tell you exactly what the problem is.

Radio allows pinups, but not short stories, in Furrlough. Okay, so
people pick up comics mostly for the art.

However, Radio also states in submissions that they don't really team
artists with writers, or vice versa. So if they want submissions, it has
to be from a team of writer/artist, or an artist.

So stories are going to be shoddy while they won't take any straight
submissions of stories, or be able to team these people up.

I will no longer order Milk! because it has become mostly pinup filler
and horrid stories lately, with too much ad/editorial space in the back.
It's not worth the cover price to sell anymore because there are no good
comics left in them.

Sorry, Radio, for saying this, but there are several writers who would
*love* to write for short comics, etc., but they cannot just ask artists
who often would rather work alone, or work with people they know.

Allen Kitchen

Mar 5, 2004, 7:45:54 PM3/5/04
Seconded. I've tried a number of times to find an artist to
team up with to make a comic. Only succeeded once, and nobody
at Radio gave it a look for a year just to pass on it. It
left a sour taste in Lyzhome's mouth and mine.

Seems like there'd be plenty of writers and artists looking
for one another as artists keep saying they need something to
draw and writers lament that they cannot draw. Maybe RC could
create a Matching Service on the webpage where writers show a
synopsis of the story and an artist can pick that to illustrate
for the comic. Seems simple to me.

But then, I'm just a writer. I don't account for much here.

Allen Kitchen (shockwave)

PlanetFur

Mar 5, 2004, 8:15:35 PM3/5/04
Allen Kitchen wrote:

> Seconded. I've tried a number of times to find an artist to
> team up with to make a comic. Only succeeded once, and nobody
> at Radio gave it a look for a year just to pass on it. It
> left a sour taste in Lyzhome's mouth and mine.
>
> Seems like there'd be plenty of writers and artists looking
> for one another as artists keep saying they need something to
> draw and writers lament that they cannot draw. Maybe RC could
> create a Matching Service on the webpage where writers show a
> synopsis of the story and an artist can pick that to illustrate
> for the comic. Seems simple to me.
>
> But then, I'm just a writer. I don't account for much here.

I'm going to go on Radio's defense only slightly.

1) It's almost universal that NO comic publisher takes submissions from
writers without an artist already attached and at least one full comic done.

2) Some writers believe they're good, but then again, whether they can
write a tale for sequential art is another thing.

Still, constantly having pinups in their comics is going to turn people
off. They need either to start allowing writing submissions to team them
up with artists if they're good enough, or to solicit for artists and
writers for specific projects.

I only say Radio needs to do this because the value of their anthology
comics, as Tamar has already said, has been going downhill. They need to
be more lenient in writers, who are still ONE HALF of the comic creation
process. (:

BR

Mar 5, 2004, 9:01:04 PM3/5/04
On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 00:45:54 +0000, Allen Kitchen wrote:

> Seems like there'd be plenty of writers and artists looking for one
> another as artists keep saying they need something to draw and writers
> lament that they cannot draw. Maybe RC could create a Matching Service
> on the webpage where writers show a synopsis of the story and an artist
> can pick that to illustrate for the comic. Seems simple to me.

Sort of a dating service for artists. Yes folks, we have a love
connection! :) But anyway I can see were a track record both individually,
and as a pair would be of some importance.

--
-- James Fenimore Cooper
The tendency of democracies is, in all things, to mediocrity, since the tastes,

UnknownArt

Mar 5, 2004, 11:08:38 PM3/5/04
>Seems like there'd be plenty of writers and artists looking
>for one another as artists keep saying they need something to
>draw and writers lament that they cannot draw. Maybe RC could
>create a Matching Service on the webpage where writers show a
>synopsis of the story and an artist can pick that to illustrate
>for the comic. Seems simple to me.
--------
It WOULD be easy. I guess a writer could go on Radio Comix' message board and
create a topic.. y'know "looking for an artist" kinda thing. Give it a try!
---
A matching service is very, very hard to do. It is not as simple as it sounds
and if you think about it a minute or so, you will realize why. Here's a clue:
-you would be dealing with people.
-mpc

mouse

Mar 6, 2004, 12:02:29 AM3/6/04
"Tamar" <how...@erie.net> wrote in news:c293sh$1fc$1...@velox.critter.net:

> All good, but then there's the opener that almost made me wonder why I
> bought the thing,

Oh shit, here we go again....

> I'm
> going to be honest when I say I'm biased towards this person's work,

Ya fuckin think so?!?!

> but seriously,for those who've been reading his...contributions (cause
> I refuse to call what's being printed a story) what the heck is Jerry
> Collin's story about and where exactly is the story? I mean, what is
> this? It's like badly sketched pinups with poorly lettered words of
> ...stuff. If this just had to be printed in this issue, why was it the
> first thing to show up in the book? I mean, it's nothing more than
> page filler with nothing at all interesting for a reader to bother
> with. 4 pages of goofy/sketchy looking deer female things with
> military stuff on/ around/something. The only positive thing about
> his.."story" this time is the fact that at least it was inked, if not
> sloopily, but still inked this time rather than the scanned pencils it
> had been. But this definitely should have been in the back of the book
> rather than the starter.

ah, the 'art critic' troll style...how clever

For future reference, if any given issue of furrlough has any of Jerry
Collin's artwork in it, then Howard will have a problem with a certain part
of that issue. If it doesnt, then its golden. Simple, no?

Howard, do everyone a favor and shut the fuck off already.

Tamar

Mar 6, 2004, 12:14:51 PM3/6/04
I wouldn't necessarily say downhill, but it has been up and down. And again,
I'll admit, the 'artist' in question holds a special place in my artist
heart because of the way he uses his "art talents" to defame other artists,
claims his 'style' had been stolen, and in general doesn't produce even
semi-professional quality work CURRENTLY worth buying.

I may be an artist, but I'm always a comic fan first. And like any comic fan
I know what I like and his stuff isn't one of them. I'd be able to give him
some slack if what he's been submitting lately actually had some kind of
story to it at all, but its not even really pin up work either, just a bunch
of sketch drawings. It just takes away from the otherwise decent to
excellent work that's been in Furrlough when it appears.

As for the writer vs artist thing, I think that'd be an excellent idea.
Currently I'm compiling both for another annual for my comic where I try to
showcase other people's work.Luckily some of the writers have been able to
team up with some decent artists, and even one artist just sought out the
help of a writer.

Maybe someone could create an LJ for such a thing, that may be the easiest
less headache solution.

--
Shawntae Howard
www.extinctioners.com

"PlanetFur" <nos...@nospam.planetfur.com> wrote in message

Tamar

Mar 6, 2004, 12:24:47 PM3/6/04
I notice you don't actually attack any part of what I said as not being true
however. So question one is, did you buy issue 133 of Furrlough. I've been a
supporter since issue 3 and have all of them since then (130 issues still
looking for 1-3). So, since I've put around $390 in my collection of the
title I think I have a right to say what I like and what I don't. The point
of buying a cominc book is to read an illustrated story. The occasional
pinup is fine cause it's a single picture that in one way or another tells a
story too.

But what he's been putting in there can't be classified as a pin up and sure
as heck can't be classified as a story. Its like he took stuff out of his
personal sketchbook and said here you go.

So defend his work. Just what is it supposed to be about anyway? And don't
give me the, in the past he was a good artist, cause presently what he's
putting out simply ISN'T that good. Period, writing or illustratively.

When I spend $3 on a comic I don't want to have the experience of going,
what the hell was that, once I finished looking at a story and you'd think
he'd have more pride in what he was submitting to be published and
distributed thoughout the world.

Seriously. Has anyone else read that issue? What was your opinion on that
'story'?
--
Shawntae Howard
www.extinctioners.com

"mouse" <mo...@blackvault.com> wrote in message

How does one shut the fuck off?

Dave the Muzzle loading Jackal

Mar 6, 2004, 12:59:01 PM3/6/04
"Tamar" <how...@erie.net> shall never vanquished be until great Birnam
wood to high alt.fan.furry. hill shall come against him.

>I wouldn't necessarily say downhill, but it has been up and down. And again,
>I'll admit, the 'artist' in question holds a special place in my artist
>heart because of the way he uses his "art talents" to defame other artists,
>claims his 'style' had been stolen, and in general doesn't produce even
>semi-professional quality work CURRENTLY worth buying.

How does he get employment as an artist then?

Or maybe... he doesn't..?

---
"Following the light of the sun, we left the Old World."
-Inscription on Columbus' caravels

Allen Kitchen

Mar 6, 2004, 1:18:16 PM3/6/04

PlanetFur wrote:

> 1) It's almost universal that NO comic publisher takes submissions from
> writers without an artist already attached and at least one full comic
> done.

So create a watering hole where artists and writers can collaborate,
on small things first and leading to bigger ones, and this problem is
solved. If there aren't enough teams to create your comic then it is
logical that some aid must be given to create such teams. In the past,
I've suggested a contest with contestant writers and artists randomly
combined on 3 page comics, with the winners chosen by the staff for
publication. There was no interest in the idea, but at least I thought
up an idea instead of doing nothing.

> 2) Some writers believe they're good, but then again, whether they can
> write a tale for sequential art is another thing.

Granted, serial publication is a different form of writing than creating
a novel or a short story. Generally, the more action the better and
each episode has to house a small story that is inside the much larger
story arc. Kinda like writing for a soap opera.

Allen Kitchen (shockwave)

Frank White

Mar 6, 2004, 12:27:38 PM3/6/04
In article <c293sh$1fc$1...@velox.critter.net>, how...@erie.net says...

>Issue 132 of Furrlough is what I've been waiting to see from this
anthology
>for a year folks.

<snip>

What *I'M* waiting to see is more 'Neo-Bioform Go"!

I'm patient. I'll wait.

FW

mouse

Mar 6, 2004, 8:46:42 PM3/6/04
"Tamar" <how...@erie.net> wrote in news:c2d1gu$ico$1...@velox.critter.net:

> I notice you don't actually attack any part of what I said as not
> being true however. So question one is, did you buy issue 133 of
> Furrlough. I've been a supporter since issue 3 and have all of them
> since then (130 issues still looking for 1-3). So, since I've put
> around $390 in my collection of the title I think I have a right to
> say what I like and what I don't.

I have up to 130 so Ive seen his recent work a few of them, I dont see what
the problem is. They are fantasy illustrations with funny animal
characters. Whats the fucking problem?

Is Furrlough, or is it not, a "funny-animal anthology"?

Not everything in it is a story. I have no comment on whether that is good
or bad.

I also have 2 of each issue #1-7

Ill be more than happy to sell them to YOU for an outrageously high price.
Im talking triple digits here.

> When I spend $3 on a comic I don't want to have the experience of
> going, what the hell was that, once I finished looking at a story and
> you'd think he'd have more pride in what he was submitting to be
> published and distributed thoughout the world.

If your going "what the hell was that?" thats your problem, not mine. not
anyone elses either. Not everyone is as dense as you, Howard.

And also "published and distributed around the world" ???
Are we talking about the same comic book with a print of around 2000-3000
here? You act as if Furrlough is anything but a small step above a fanzine
(this is largely thanks to furry fandom's reputation...but thats another
thread, another time)

>> Howard, do everyone a favor and shut the fuck off already.
>
> How does one shut the fuck off?

Figure it out.

mouse

Mar 6, 2004, 8:53:50 PM3/6/04
"Tamar" <how...@erie.net> wrote in news:c2d0ua$he2$1...@velox.critter.net:

> I wouldn't necessarily say downhill, but it has been up and down. And
> again, I'll admit, the 'artist' in question holds a special place in
> my artist heart because of the way he uses his "art talents" to defame
> other artists, claims his 'style' had been stolen, and in general
> doesn't produce even semi-professional quality work CURRENTLY worth
> buying.

The "artists" he is "defaming" are not actually artists, but rather
steaming piles of shit that did, in fact, deserve it.

Fuck you for not recognizing this fact.

> I'd be
> able to give him some slack if what he's been submitting lately
> actually had some kind of story to it at all, but its not even really
> pin up work either, just a bunch of sketch drawings. It just takes
> away from the otherwise decent to excellent work that's been in
> Furrlough when it appears.

So go fucking cry about it, bitch.

How long are you going to be able to keep up this fascade that what you are
saying here is anything other than an attack against an artist who you dont
like because he made fun of your ass pals: Eric Schwartz, Steve Martin and
Brian O'Connell

fucking get over it already.

DishRoom1

Mar 6, 2004, 11:23:28 PM3/6/04
Allen Kitchen wrote --

>PlanetFur wrote:
>
>> 1) It's almost universal that NO comic publisher takes submissions from
>> writers without an artist already attached and at least one full comic
>> done.
>
>So create a watering hole where artists and writers can collaborate,
>on small things first and leading to bigger ones, and this problem is
>solved. If there aren't enough teams to create your comic then it is
>logical that some aid must be given to create such teams. In the past,
>I've suggested a contest with contestant writers and artists randomly
>combined on 3 page comics, with the winners chosen by the staff for
>publication. There was no interest in the idea, but at least I thought
>up an idea instead of doing nothing.

It sounds good anyway.

>> 2) Some writers believe they're good, but then again, whether they can
>> write a tale for sequential art is another thing.
>
>Granted, serial publication is a different form of writing than creating
>a novel or a short story. Generally, the more action the better and
>each episode has to house a small story that is inside the much larger
>story arc. Kinda like writing for a soap opera.

Or like anime (even the television series ones)

John Shughart

Obvious Fake. Do Not Harvest.

Mar 7, 2004, 12:35:35 AM3/7/04
>From: "Tamar" how...@erie.net

>How does one shut the fuck off?

Step one: find a vibrator that has been left running....

Tamar

Mar 7, 2004, 1:23:13 AM3/7/04

> "Tamar" <how...@erie.net> wrote in news:c2d1gu$ico$1...@velox.critter.net:
>
> > I notice you don't actually attack any part of what I said as not
> > being true however. So question one is, did you buy issue 133 of
> > Furrlough. I've been a supporter since issue 3 and have all of them
> > since then (130 issues still looking for 1-3). So, since I've put
> > around $390 in my collection of the title I think I have a right to
> > say what I like and what I don't.
>
> I have up to 130 so Ive seen his recent work a few of them, I dont see
what
> the problem is. They are fantasy illustrations with funny animal
> characters. Whats the fucking problem?

Its a comic book for one. And if its fantasy illustrations, I'd prefer they
be done in a completed looking fashion. And since its presented in the
credits page as a story of sometype, it would be nice to actually have a
story instead of a series of sketch ideas you could get in someone's
sketchbook.

> Is Furrlough, or is it not, a "funny-animal anthology"?
>
> Not everything in it is a story. I have no comment on whether that is good
> or bad.

Then, if it's a pin up it should function as a pinup, but those sketches
don't even qualify as that since they present themselves as some type of...I
don't know journal of the character or something. I don't know what you'd
call the work.

> I also have 2 of each issue #1-7
>
> Ill be more than happy to sell them to YOU for an outrageously high price.
> Im talking triple digits here.

Ha. Funny.

> > When I spend $3 on a comic I don't want to have the experience of
> > going, what the hell was that, once I finished looking at a story and
> > you'd think he'd have more pride in what he was submitting to be
> > published and distributed thoughout the world.
>
> If your going "what the hell was that?" thats your problem, not mine. not
> anyone elses either. Not everyone is as dense as you, Howard.

What am I being dense about? Have you actually seen what I'm talking about
anyway or are you just replying to the post cause it's about a Collins? And
if you have, why haven't you explained yet then exactly what the purpose of
this now series of sketches that has appeared in, if memory serves me
correct and I may be wrong on this point, at least 3 issues now? These are
no mere pinups. And if they are, then why would pin ups lead off a comic
anthology if that's all they are supposed to be?

> And also "published and distributed around the world" ???
> Are we talking about the same comic book with a print of around 2000-3000
> here? You act as if Furrlough is anything but a small step above a fanzine
> (this is largely thanks to furry fandom's reputation...but thats another
> thread, another time)

The fact that people in Mexico, Japan, Australia, German, and so on can get
and read the book, makes it's readership market more than just the USA
regardless of what its print run is. Print run has nothing to do with a
comic's distribution.

> >> Howard, do everyone a favor and shut the fuck off already.
> >
> > How does one shut the fuck off?
>
> Figure it out.

Exactly, you don't know. Practice and get back with me on that.

Tamar

Mar 7, 2004, 2:00:37 AM3/7/04

> "Tamar" <how...@erie.net> wrote in news:c2d0ua$he2$1...@velox.critter.net:
>
> > I wouldn't necessarily say downhill, but it has been up and down. And
> > again, I'll admit, the 'artist' in question holds a special place in
> > my artist heart because of the way he uses his "art talents" to defame
> > other artists, claims his 'style' had been stolen, and in general
> > doesn't produce even semi-professional quality work CURRENTLY worth
> > buying.
>
> The "artists" he is "defaming" are not actually artists, but rather
> steaming piles of shit that did, in fact, deserve it.
>
> Fuck you for not recognizing this fact.

Riiight. More like people who have used their talents more successfully and
are in fact more talented than him that he's got a beef with personally.
(Though the way you talk I guess you have more invested in him than it
appears since he never speaks up for himself. You'd think you were his
boyfriend or something.)

He's a big boy, let him explain for himself just what the point of the thing
he's submitted is supposed to be other than just a series of sketch ideas
about his Bambi in bondage character's world. I mean, if he can post on CYD,
surely he can post here and tell readers just why he never finishes the
artwork he's submitting for the purposes of publication. And while you're at
it, ask him at what point did he forget to include the story to his stories
anyway.

If you really wanted to help him you could team up with him and act as his
writer since you act as his PR man. Least that way the stories would have
something to communicate verbally through text what it's not doing through
illustration.

> > I'd be
> > able to give him some slack if what he's been submitting lately
> > actually had some kind of story to it at all, but its not even really
> > pin up work either, just a bunch of sketch drawings. It just takes
> > away from the otherwise decent to excellent work that's been in
> > Furrlough when it appears.
>
> So go fucking cry about it, bitch.

First of all I'm a man, secondly, don't call people things you'd never have
the courage to say to them in person. Net courage is such a pathetic thing.

> How long are you going to be able to keep up this fascade that what you
are
> saying here is anything other than an attack against an artist who you
dont
> like because he made fun of your ass pals: Eric Schwartz, Steve Martin and
> Brian O'Connell
>
> fucking get over it already.

I will when he stops putting crap in the things I buy monthly to read. It's
that simple. He can continue with his circle jerk of a website all he likes
since I haven't been there since the banning. I only have a connection with
him because I open up a book I've been getting since the 90s and feel inital
disappointment until I get midway through the book.

And again, you've yet to actually define what has been submitted in the
publication themselves, rather just reacting to the tone at which the
critique was given. And it was a critique. If he would take the time to 1)
Finish his work so that it doesn't look so sketchy as if he drew it in five
minutes and mailed it in, the quality if not technical skill would at least
look better. If he can't ink, which he really isn't showing a strong ability
to be able to do, then have someone else ink his work and just stick with
the pencils. Not everyone can ink well. 2) If he'd actually add a story to
what he was doing it would excuse the art, cause they sometimes say, bad
art can still be saved by a good story, but not even great art can save a
bad story.

This, has not real story. It's called Pirate Jenny's Travelogue. 133 was
part 3, 129 was part 2, and I'm not sure what issue was part 1. Each
instalement has the look of a comic story cause it's illustrated in panel
format, not in a pin up format, and in at least 129 and 133 it's been the
lead off story giving the impression that it is indeed a story. But none of
it looks finished or complete. The lettering is obviously hand written and
not even done so neatly since in some place where it appears a spelling
error occured, rather than white it out, it was just written over darker to
make the correction.

There are few if any complete sentences in the descriptions that are given
on the page, more of a this is a tank, this is a "Tree Top Outpost".
Basically giving a lot of descriptions about things, but to what point and
purpose no one really knows. What's the point of all this sudo-military
stuff anyway? Why are they armed in what seems to at least be high tech
military gear and why do there seem to be so many female deer things with
big breast? Are they gearing up for a war against the male deer things? Why
do they need so much stuff? Basically, what the heck is going on. There
isn't even a real good description about the person who's travelogue this is
supposed to be. I mean, who exactly is Pirate Jenny and why should we care
about her travelogue?

Charles Melville

Mar 7, 2004, 2:04:14 PM3/7/04
PlanetFur wrote:

> 1) It's almost universal that NO comic publisher takes submissions from
> writers without an artist already attached and at least one full comic done.

That should be amended to 'no INDEPENDENT comic publisher'. The mainstream
publishers assign work to fill their books; independents, meaning the smaller
presses, look for finished work to print. The reasons are primarily
economically related, in terms of money and time both; resources are limited and
stretched, so they don't have time or money to spend in pursuing or securing
poeple to work together on a project that they may have no emotional connection
to. I've had personal experience with this phenomnenon back when I was editing
for MU Press, and the publication of the CYBERKITTIES mini-series was delayed
years for just that reason, whereas ZU was able to proceed on schedule because
of the independent work that was brought to us.

And in order to get a series on the schedule, you need to get -four- issues
'in-the-can', not one, because of solicitation schedules and printer turn-around
time.

> Still, constantly having pinups in their comics is going to turn people off.

What pin-ups?? I've been reading FURRLOUGH pretty regularly, and I don't
recall any pin-ups. Closest thing might be the "Theriopangrams", but those are
full-page cartoons based upon a line of text. Not pin-ups.

> They need either to start allowing writing submissions to team them
> up with artists if they're good enough, or to solicit for artists and
> writers for specific projects.

Are the writers and artists helpless to make their own connections? There
is a community here wherein they can can contact one another if they so wanted,
either through the net or at conventions. Publishers -do- bring artists and
writers together when the opportunity arises, but as I mentioned above they
don't always have the time or resources to do so. Better for determined
individuals to get off of their duff, do their research, and initiate their own
contacts.

--
-Chuck Melville-
Comic book fanatic and sometimes-creator-type-person

Charles Melville

Mar 7, 2004, 2:14:55 PM3/7/04

Tamar wrote:

> Seriously. Has anyone else read that issue? What was your opinion on that
> 'story'?

It's fanzine work. Interesting to look at, and promising in content, but
doesn't really deliver. It's an example of someone living in the past, and off
-of- that past, without giving anything new. In fact, I believe this is a
reprint of work done in the eighties for his self-published fanzines.

What story? It's a meandering of material, going nowhere, telling us
surface information, but not confident enough to invest in telling us about the
character, who she is or where's she's growing, or in what way she even -has-
any character. There's no development at all. It's a space filler, nothing
more, by a talent who -could- give us so much more if he trusted himself enough
to do so.

Charles Melville

Mar 7, 2004, 2:23:53 PM3/7/04

Frank White wrote:

> What *I'M* waiting to see is more 'Neo-Bioform Go"!

What I want is more EBIN AND MAY, and ZERDA THE FOX, as well as more
stories by Roz Gibson. And some more work by Eric Costello and Leo
Batic.

mouse

Mar 7, 2004, 7:57:05 PM3/7/04
"Tamar" <how...@erie.net> wrote in news:c2ehai$11ql$1...@velox.critter.net:

> I mean, if
> he can post on CYD, surely he can post here and tell readers just why
> he never finishes the artwork he's submitting for the purposes of
> publication. And while you're at it, ask him at what point did he
> forget to include the story to his stories anyway.

Actually from what I understand he is posting those messages from a public
library, so he wouldn't have access to a newsreader. And I'm also not aware
that he has ever posted a message to UseNet

> If you really wanted to help him you could team up with him and act as
> his writer since you act as his PR man.

If Im his 'PR man' and apperently his 'boyfriend' for telling you how
fucked up you are, then what exactly is going on between you and Schwartz
that caused you to go on CYD and spam the shit out of a thread with over 30
consecutive posts. Or launch off into tirades on here

>> So go fucking cry about it, bitch.
>
> First of all I'm a man, secondly, don't call people things you'd never
> have the courage to say to them in person.

Why assume I wouldn't?

>> you dont
>> like because he made fun of your ass pals: Eric Schwartz, Steve
>> Martin and Brian O'Connell
>>
>> fucking get over it already.
>
> I will when he stops putting crap in the things I buy monthly to read.
> It's that simple.

(notice how he changes the subject here :D )

Wake up call, he is not the one putting them in there. He is just
submitting material. It's not his comic so its not his decision whether it
gets printed in there or not

> He can continue with his circle jerk of a website
> all he likes since I haven't been there since the banning.

It's also not his website, Its Mitch's site, and Computolio is the co-
founder. It's also not his call on what is put up there either.

Do you REALLY need all of this explained to you?

> a connection with him because I open up a book I've been getting since
> the 90s and feel inital disappointment until I get midway through the
> book.

I'm cryin,

no, really.

> This, has not real story. It's called Pirate Jenny's Travelogue. 133
> was part 3, 129 was part 2, and I'm not sure what issue was part 1.

blah, blah, blah, if you been reading the book so damn long you should know
which issue Pirate Jenny first appeared in.

> Basically giving a lot of descriptions about things, but to
> what point and purpose no one really knows. What's the point of all
> this sudo-military stuff anyway?

I would ask wahts the point of all the shit you put in your comics, but I
don't read that tripe, sorry.

mouse

Mar 7, 2004, 7:58:40 PM3/7/04
"Tamar" <how...@erie.net> wrote in news:c2ef4f$1098$1...@velox.critter.net:

>> I also have 2 of each issue #1-7
>>
>> Ill be more than happy to sell them to YOU for an outrageously high
>> price. Im talking triple digits here.
>
> Ha. Funny.

You knows Jerry's art is in Isue #4 right?

just checking,

its the same sketch stuff you hate so much

Tamar

Mar 7, 2004, 9:23:21 PM3/7/04
I would love to see Watering Hole and Ninjara completed.

--
Shawntae Howard
www.extinctioners.com

"Charles Melville" <cp...@zipcon.com> wrote in message

Tamar

Mar 7, 2004, 10:02:32 PM3/7/04

Shawntae Howard
www.extinctioners.com

> > I mean, if
> > he can post on CYD, surely he can post here and tell readers just why
> > he never finishes the artwork he's submitting for the purposes of
> > publication. And while you're at it, ask him at what point did he
> > forget to include the story to his stories anyway.
>
> Actually from what I understand he is posting those messages from a public
> library, so he wouldn't have access to a newsreader. And I'm also not
aware
> that he has ever posted a message to UseNet

Great, so he's using the taxpayers money to post his crap. Man, what is it
with you guys and not being able to pay for things on your own anyway?

> > If you really wanted to help him you could team up with him and act as
> > his writer since you act as his PR man.
>
> If Im his 'PR man' and apperently his 'boyfriend' for telling you how
> fucked up you are, then what exactly is going on between you and Schwartz
> that caused you to go on CYD and spam the shit out of a thread with over
30
> consecutive posts. Or launch off into tirades on here

See the difference is you all attack people and slander them by making it
personal. Me, I focus on the body of art that this person creates and point
out how much a hypocrate he is when he questions the personal habits of
another when his own are worst.

And I only felt the need to make comments about Collins work and lack of
illustrative/writing skills for the medium of comics. I've never made
comment about his social skills, habits, or illegal activities (which he and
those who have known him have) because as a person I do not know him, but as
an artist I've seen enough of his body of work to make a personal comment
on.

And personally I don't like it when anybody feels the need to gang up on
people for the pure sport of doing so for no other reason than to be a jerk.

> >> So go fucking cry about it, bitch.
> >
> > First of all I'm a man, secondly, don't call people things you'd never
> > have the courage to say to them in person.
>

> Why assume I wouldn't?z

I don't assume, I know.

> >> you dont
> >> like because he made fun of your ass pals: Eric Schwartz, Steve
> >> Martin and Brian O'Connell

First of all the only person you named that I personal know is Eric
Schwartz, which I pretty doubt you know who he is at all, but like many
mindless lemmings with gang/mob mentality only join in on picking on him
because of the group rush you get by feeling for once in your probably nerdy
life you've found an in crowd who thinks your cool. Unfortunately, you all
have just lucky to have picked a person who's to soft spoken to bother to
try to defend himself, though is the better man, I suppose for choosing to
just ignore the whole lot of you.

I'm vocal cause I know like a magnet if I post you will come and not
actually defind the actual merit of what I posted about but rather, of
course, try to turn it personal with direct insults to my person and the
lack of an intelligent response by debasing yourself by cursing at me. You
never once said that the work in those comics were good, you just take issue
that I happen to be pointing them out cause they are Collins. But if Collins
is going to try to put himself on such a high ground above those artists
you've mentioned as if his 'stuff' smells better than theirs, then he'd
better take some more time to master his craft.

> >> fucking get over it already.
> >
> > I will when he stops putting crap in the things I buy monthly to read.
> > It's that simple.
>
> (notice how he changes the subject here :D )
>
> Wake up call, he is not the one putting them in there. He is just
> submitting material. It's not his comic so its not his decision whether it
> gets printed in there or not

Yes, but it is his decision to send it in in the first place. Obviously then
you're saying he has not pride in what he submits, he'll just basically send
in anything. And yeah, I guess Radio for some reason or other does print it,
but it still doesn't explain why he'd think something like that should need
to be in print anyway. And if he's sold that as a personal folio, who in the
world would buy that? It's really nothing much but a bunch of sketch notes.
That's all.

What do you have to say about his work? Do you like it? Is it perfect the
way it is? Let's see how good an evaluator of art you are.

> > He can continue with his circle jerk of a website
> > all he likes since I haven't been there since the banning.
>
> It's also not his website, Its Mitch's site, and Computolio is the co-
> founder. It's also not his call on what is put up there either.

But, he chooses to his associations and he's got a section on there of his
own so does that really matter? He's created caricatures of certain people
attacking their very person, so, it dosen't really matter if he's the ring
leader of the circus or not. And yeah, it's still a toot your own horn when
opposition can just be banned when things you don't like are said. That and
it's actually a place that spreads more gross things than anything on the
net for the one simple fact that its members seek out things to be offended
by, then post the url to such things to spread that which probably wouldn't
have been found in the first place. Makes total sense to me.

> > This, has not real story. It's called Pirate Jenny's Travelogue. 133
> > was part 3, 129 was part 2, and I'm not sure what issue was part 1.
>
> blah, blah, blah, if you been reading the book so damn long you should
know
> which issue Pirate Jenny first appeared in.

If it were any good with any lasting power I would. Never thought after the
first installment there'd be more. And more. And again, you've not once
actually talked about the work in question which tells me you don't know
what I'm referring to and am only replying to my post as a gut reaction
because of who the subject matter of the post is about. If you're not really
going to reply with anything to contribute in at least some sort of defense
to the work then don't bother to reply. I have no desire to go tit for tat
in a battle of wits with an half armed man. But if you want to talk about
the merits of the work then i'm there.

> > Basically giving a lot of descriptions about things, but to
> > what point and purpose no one really knows. What's the point of all
> > this sudo-military stuff anyway?
>
> I would ask wahts the point of all the shit you put in your comics, but I
> don't read that tripe, sorry.

Well, reading is hard after all. I can understand that, by the vastness of
your overwhelming vocabulary.

Tamar

Mar 7, 2004, 10:03:03 PM3/7/04
Thanks for the warning.

--
Shawntae Howard
www.extinctioners.com

"mouse" <mo...@blackvault.com> wrote in message

mouse

Mar 8, 2004, 12:56:39 AM3/8/04
"Tamar" <how...@erie.net> wrote in news:c2gno5$3nl$1...@velox.critter.net:

> Great, so he's using the taxpayers money to post his crap. Man, what
> is it with you guys and not being able to pay for things on your own
> anyway?

Have you ever been in a library before? obviously not.

You do realize he has had to paid more money to post those messages than
you are paying to post all this bullshit?

> See the difference is you all attack people and slander them by making
> it personal. Me, I focus on the body of art that this person creates
> and point out how much a hypocrate he is when he questions the
> personal habits of another when his own are worst.

Hmm, I guess you haven't seen any of your buddy TDK's "artwork" then, huh?

> And I only felt the need to make comments about Collins work and lack
> of illustrative/writing skills for the medium of comics.

I only feel the need to flame your ass for it, because you make it so easy.
You are sitting here saying I'm a hypocrite, Jerry's a hypocrite, CYD is
all hypocrites.

Your the biggest. and thats a fucking fact.

> And personally I don't like it when anybody feels the need to gang up
> on people for the pure sport of doing so for no other reason than to
> be a jerk.

No, I already explained to you, its because they are scumbags. You don't
believe me? thats fine. I really don't care. I wouldn't associate with any
of them.

> I don't assume, I know.

By definition you are assuming...because you actually DONT know me.
You're also dead wrong.

> First of all the only person you named that I personal know is Eric
> Schwartz, which I pretty doubt you know who he is at all,

> for once in your
> probably nerdy life you've found an in crowd who thinks your cool.

nerdy life? guess you dont know me very well

and who over CYD thinks I'm cool? thats news to me

> Unfortunately, you all have just lucky to have picked a person who's
> to soft spoken to bother to try to defend himself, though is the
> better man,

Better man?!?
are you fucking kidding me?!?

> I'm vocal cause I know like a magnet if I post you will come and not
> actually defind the actual merit of what I posted about but rather, of
> course, try to turn it personal with direct insults to my person

Bingo! and you deserve those insults...this shit is funny as hell

> If it were any good with any lasting power I would. Never thought
> after the first installment there'd be more. And more. And again,
> you've not once actually talked about the work in question which tells
> me you don't know what I'm referring to and am only replying to my
> post as a gut reaction because of who the subject matter of the post
> is about.

OMFG, and your evaluation of Jerrys work is anything other than a gut
reaction? Please try telling me that, so I can tell you that you are
straight up, FULL OF SHIT.

Stop trying to lie Howard, you obviously arn't very good at it.

> If you're not really going to reply with anything to
> contribute in at least some sort of defense to the work then don't
> bother to reply. I have no desire to go tit for tat in a battle of
> wits with an half armed man. But if you want to talk about the merits
> of the work then i'm there.
>

> Well, reading is hard after all. I can understand that, by the
> vastness of your overwhelming vocabulary.

Uh oh, more attacks on the intelligence. Who the fuck are you? and why on
earth would I possibly care what you think of me?

You arn't shit.

You are just some sniveling little bitch, trying to sell some half-assed
furry superhero comic that no one is ever going to read.

mouse

Mar 8, 2004, 1:23:29 AM3/8/04
"Tamar" <how...@erie.net> wrote in news:c2gnp3$3o1$1...@velox.critter.net:

> Thanks for the warning.

Oh, by the way,

I'm just curious as to how you are reconciling your "faith" with your own
furry porn, 'dark panther'

I mean, it always seemed that you were so above all that...imagine my shock

LOL

"Squeeze my pouch teats!"

Well, I guess those in glass houses and all of that...

Akai

Mar 8, 2004, 9:41:47 AM3/8/04

"Charles Melville" <cp...@zipcon.com> wrote in message

I'd vote for all the above except for Zedra Fox. Butt-ugly art combined with
dialogue so awkward that it sounds like it was badly translated from some
other language.

--Akai

Charles Melville

Mar 8, 2004, 1:00:40 PM3/8/04

Akai wrote:

> "Charles Melville" <cp...@zipcon.com> wrote in message

> > What I want is more EBIN AND MAY, and ZERDA THE FOX, as well as more
> > stories by Roz Gibson. And some more work by Eric Costello and Leo
> > Batic.
>

> I'd vote for all the above except for Zedra Fox. Butt-ugly art combined with
> dialogue so awkward that it sounds like it was badly translated from some
> other language.

I'd agree with the awkward dialoguing, but I disagree about the art. I
don't find it ugly at all, but an attractive style.

DishRoom1

Mar 8, 2004, 4:15:26 PM3/8/04
Charles Melville wrote --

Akai wrote --

Charles Melville wrote --

>> > What I want is more EBIN AND MAY, and ZERDA THE FOX, as well as more
>> > stories by Roz Gibson. And some more work by Eric Costello and Leo
>> > Batic.
>>
>> I'd vote for all the above except for Zedra Fox. Butt-ugly art combined
>with
>> dialogue so awkward that it sounds like it was badly translated from some
>> other language.
>
> I'd agree with the awkward dialoguing, but I disagree about the art. I
>don't find it ugly at all, but an attractive style.

I knd of like Zedra Fox myself, Isn;t that the one about the super-secret vixen
spy girl. I like the first story of when the bad guy cats created a clone to
kill her.

John Shughart

Rick Pikul

Mar 8, 2004, 10:03:08 PM3/8/04
In article <Xns94A6A97...@204.152.189.149>, mo...@blackvault.com
says...

> "Tamar" <how...@erie.net> wrote in news:c2gno5$3nl$1...@velox.critter.net:
>
> > Great, so he's using the taxpayers money to post his crap. Man, what
> > is it with you guys and not being able to pay for things on your own
> > anyway?
>
> Have you ever been in a library before? obviously not.
>
> You do realize he has had to paid more money to post those messages than
> you are paying to post all this bullshit?

Funny: No public library that I have been in that had Internet
terminals charged for their use.

Don't assume every city works the same way yours does.

--
Phoenix

Tamar

Mar 8, 2004, 10:19:51 PM3/8/04
Depends if you call nudes porn. And Yes, I have done an adult story as a
favor to a friend who was starting something new. And that's pretty much it.

And don't question that which you have no idea about either.

--
Shawntae Howard
www.extinctioners.com

"mouse" <mo...@blackvault.com> wrote in message

Tamar

Mar 8, 2004, 10:38:23 PM3/8/04

> "Tamar" <how...@erie.net> wrote in news:c2gno5$3nl$1...@velox.critter.net:
>
> > Great, so he's using the taxpayers money to post his crap. Man, what
> > is it with you guys and not being able to pay for things on your own
> > anyway?
>
> Have you ever been in a library before? obviously not.
>
> You do realize he has had to paid more money to post those messages than
> you are paying to post all this bullshit?

Ah, well good then (course if you wouldn't reply with questions that needed
to be answered, I wouldn't have to continue the BS).

> > See the difference is you all attack people and slander them by making
> > it personal. Me, I focus on the body of art that this person creates
> > and point out how much a hypocrate he is when he questions the
> > personal habits of another when his own are worst.
>
> Hmm, I guess you haven't seen any of your buddy TDK's "artwork" then, huh?

Nope, but if what you say is true, obviously you have. I don't necessarily
seek out furry porn or things that woudl intentially disturb me. And if that
is true, so what, I'd imagine it'd still be better on his worst day than
anything Collins has ever produces (who is ripping Disney's Bambi if that's
the fact).

> > And I only felt the need to make comments about Collins work and lack
> > of illustrative/writing skills for the medium of comics.
>
> I only feel the need to flame your ass for it, because you make it so
easy.
> You are sitting here saying I'm a hypocrite, Jerry's a hypocrite, CYD is
> all hypocrites.
>
> Your the biggest. and thats a fucking fact.

How so, and please, language. You're not in 8th grade anymore, you can
express your thoughts more intelligently than that.

> > And personally I don't like it when anybody feels the need to gang up
> > on people for the pure sport of doing so for no other reason than to
> > be a jerk.
>
> No, I already explained to you, its because they are scumbags. You don't
> believe me? thats fine. I really don't care. I wouldn't associate with any
> of them.

So what doesn't make those who do that scumbags. I mean, a group of people
that will also call someone a whore who they A) don't know, B) never posted
anything against them, and C) had never done anything publically to be
called that. (And for the record, no woman should have to be called such a
name by anyone. And that's a fact. If you were half a man, you'd agree).

> > I don't assume, I know.
>
> By definition you are assuming...because you actually DONT know me.
> You're also dead wrong.

Heh, okay, go to a con. I'm not hard to find, tall black guy with glasses.

> > First of all the only person you named that I personal know is Eric
> > Schwartz, which I pretty doubt you know who he is at all,
>

> > for once in your
> > probably nerdy life you've found an in crowd who thinks your cool.
>
> nerdy life? guess you dont know me very well

Well, you seem to spend a lot of time online. You're best friends are also
online. You call yourself, (with lower case letters even) mouse.

> and who over CYD thinks I'm cool? thats news to me

So, you're not even cool among them? Man, sorry to hear that.

> > Unfortunately, you all have just lucky to have picked a person who's
> > to soft spoken to bother to try to defend himself, though is the
> > better man,
>
> Better man?!?
> are you fucking kidding me?!?

I'm not that kind of guy.

> > I'm vocal cause I know like a magnet if I post you will come and not
> > actually defind the actual merit of what I posted about but rather, of
> > course, try to turn it personal with direct insults to my person
>
> Bingo! and you deserve those insults...this shit is funny as hell

There isn't an insult you can send my way that my life's accomplishments
couldn't disprove in the weak attempt. There's frankly only one insult you
could say to me that would truly get an reaction out of me, but not even you
would go 'there'.

> > If it were any good with any lasting power I would. Never thought
> > after the first installment there'd be more. And more. And again,
> > you've not once actually talked about the work in question which tells
> > me you don't know what I'm referring to and am only replying to my
> > post as a gut reaction because of who the subject matter of the post
> > is about.
>
> OMFG, and your evaluation of Jerrys work is anything other than a gut
> reaction? Please try telling me that, so I can tell you that you are
> straight up, FULL OF SHIT.

Okay, defend his work technically and professionally. What's so great about
it?

> Stop trying to lie Howard, you obviously arn't very good at it.

Not a lie when its the truth.

> > If you're not really going to reply with anything to
> > contribute in at least some sort of defense to the work then don't
> > bother to reply. I have no desire to go tit for tat in a battle of
> > wits with an half armed man. But if you want to talk about the merits
> > of the work then i'm there.
> >

> > Well, reading is hard after all. I can understand that, by the
> > vastness of your overwhelming vocabulary.
>
> Uh oh, more attacks on the intelligence. Who the fuck are you? and why on
> earth would I possibly care what you think of me?
>
> You arn't shit.

They why do you continue to reply to my postings if that were so? Some would
think I'd have you wrapped around a Pavlovian effect with a guarenteed reply
to any posting I put up even when it doesn't directly involve you. So I'd
say you obviously care a lot about what I think since you feel such a strong
need to express your opinions on it.

> You are just some sniveling little bitch, trying to sell some half-assed
> furry superhero comic that no one is ever going to read.

Guess those who've bought it is no one. And btw, the comic, a side thing.
Not my job, which I have a very good paying one with benefits. I guess it's
my equivalent to Wade Wolf's going on about his wife. When you got one why
not talk about it. And even half assed, with my left hand I'm still better
than you and your boy artistically when it comes to illustrating.

(His follow up reply will appear inbetween various paragraphs in
3...2...1.....)

And I know folks. I'll let this be my last post and give him the last word
(unless he really does go 'there'). I'll admit, I do sometimes get a kick
out of poking at guys like this. My bad for increasing the bandwidth.

mouse

Mar 9, 2004, 12:02:35 AM3/9/04
"Tamar" <how...@erie.net> wrote in news:c2jd4m$1v5s$1...@velox.critter.net:

> Depends if you call nudes porn. And Yes, I have done an adult story as
> a favor to a friend who was starting something new. And that's pretty
> much it.

Aint talkin about nudes

Im talking about the furry porn comic that appeared in rare breed.

Akai

Mar 9, 2004, 1:55:15 AM3/9/04

> Akai wrote:
>
> > "Charles Melville" <cp...@zipcon.com> wrote in message
> > > What I want is more EBIN AND MAY, and ZERDA THE FOX, as well as
more
> > > stories by Roz Gibson. And some more work by Eric Costello and Leo
> > > Batic.
> >
> > I'd vote for all the above except for Zedra Fox. Butt-ugly art combined
with
> > dialogue so awkward that it sounds like it was badly translated from
some
> > other language.
>
> I'd agree with the awkward dialoguing, but I disagree about the art.
> don't find it ugly at all, but an attractive style.

My calling it "butt ugly" is perhaps an overreaction but it does rub me the
wrong way. Main issue is the way the artist draws eyes and mouths....kind of
hard to describe why but the look just puts me off. Another issue is that I
would not be able to guess that the main character is a fox were it not for
the text of the story: she looks like a human with a cat's face and a
horse's tail. And the whole Slave Princess Leia outfit just stretches
credibility considering her role as a secret agent/special opreative or
whatever she is. Just my opinion, which matters very little, and I spend
money on the comic anyway.

--Akai

Obvious Fake. Do Not Harvest.

Mar 9, 2004, 1:55:38 AM3/9/04
>From: Charles Melville cp...@zipcon.com

> I'd agree with the awkward dialoguing, but I disagree about the art. I
>don't find it ugly at all, but an attractive style.

BONUS LEVEL!

This same art style appeared in another furry comic, also an anthology, but
with different characters. Can anyone state where? Hint: a main theme for the
series of stories (but not the entire comic) was flight.

Wanderer

Mar 19, 2004, 5:28:49 PM3/19/04
"mouse" <mo...@blackvault.com> wrote in message

> "Tamar" <how...@erie.net> wrote in news:c2gno5$3nl$1...@velox.critter.net:
>
> > Great, so he's using the taxpayers money to post his crap. Man, what
> > is it with you guys and not being able to pay for things on your own
> > anyway?
>
> Have you ever been in a library before? obviously not.

I'm sorely tempted to replace "you" with "I" in that statement, given the
next line:

> You do realize he has had to paid more money to post those messages than

> you are paying to post all this <bleeeeeep>?

(Pardon the editing.)

Public libraries do not charge for terminal time. You register, you get a
certain window of time, and you use the computer. Please do not confuse
libraries with Internet cafes. The libraries charge less and have better
coffee.:)

Yours having spent two weeks without a modem,

The returned-at-long-last,

Wanderer
wand...@ticnet.com

"Where am I going? I don't quite know.
What does it matter *where* people go?
Down to the woods where the bluebells grow!
Anywhere! Anywhere! *I* don't know!"
-- a. a. milne

Silver Seams

Mar 19, 2004, 11:01:32 PM3/19/04
begin "Wanderer" <wand...@ticnet.com> quotation from

> Public libraries do not charge for terminal time. You register, you
> get a certain window of time, and you use the computer. Please do not
> confuse libraries with Internet cafes. The libraries charge less and
> have better coffee.:)

TWIAVBP. I think our library has a nominal charge for Internet time. The
computers are free to use (though I think there's a per-sheet charge for
printouts) other than the ones with net access.

I'm going to have to check if that's still the policy, because the new
web-based front end is much, much nicer than the original catalog program,
which is of course all the text terminals run right now.

mouse

Mar 20, 2004, 4:07:14 AM3/20/04
Silver Seams <silve...@silverseams.com> wrote in

> TWIAVBP. I think our library has a nominal charge for Internet time.
> The computers are free to use (though I think there's a per-sheet
> charge for printouts) other than the ones with net access.

All my libraries charge for use, and its pretty damn steep too. I remember
it being like $5 or something for 30 minutes. And with most ISPs charging
$10 a month, thats why I said what I said...

Lets not get away from the simple fact here that Tamar was just attacking
the poor and people on welfare - because he is a prick.

Rick Pikul

Mar 21, 2004, 1:27:31 AM3/21/04
In article <Xns94B22AF...@204.152.189.149>, mo...@blackvault.com
says...

No, he was attacking a specific dole bludger. There is a big
difference between ending up on welfare and being downright proud you
live off the public purse.

--
Phoenix

? the Platypus {aka David Formosa}

Mar 21, 2004, 3:53:38 AM3/21/04
PlanetFur <nos...@nospam.planetfur.com> writes:

[...]

> So stories are going to be shoddy while they won't take any straight
> submissions of stories, or be able to team these people up.

I aggry, I've found that the stories in Furrlough realy lacking of
late. Espcally with a large percent of Furrlough seemingly taken up
with this "Space Pirite Jenny" thing, that looks like a whole lot of
design concepts and settings without the other neccery elements of a
story.

Anouther story I recall reading was one where I started with the
thourt "Ok this must be a parody of bad Anime cleichieas" and then I
relized that it wasn't a parody and was taking itself quite
seriously.

http://dformosa.zeta.org.au/~dformosa/Spelling.html to find out more.
Free the Memes.

mouse

Mar 22, 2004, 2:24:04 AM3/22/04
Rick Pikul <rwp...@sympatico.ca> wrote in

> No, he was attacking a specific dole bludger. There is a big
> difference between ending up on welfare and being downright proud you
> live off the public purse.

When did Jerry ever say that, shit head?

uhmm... erm.. uh ...uhhh

what do you got, fucker?
Give me ONE fucking quote from Jerry
nothing?

take a fucking hike you worthless sack of shit

This is from a fandom that largely ignores actual dysfunctional mentally
crippled furries, going as far to attack someone if they say something but
all of sudden someone like Jerry , who has some pretty goddamn mild
criticism suddenly is getting flames by the likes of you worthless turds?

Give me a goddamn break

You guys really are some sick, sad, hypocritical motherfuckers
its really almost unbelievable

Tamar

Mar 22, 2004, 8:34:54 PM3/22/04
Nooo, I attacked a potential parasite on society who's personal behavior and
not a victim of circumstances causes him to be on welfare. I and my family
are no stranger to welfare, the only difference is through hard work and a
wanting to NOT be on it we've achieved. As appose to those who feel its
somehow ok in their hierarchy of priorities to have access to the internet
and a computer as apposed to looking for a J.O.B. If you got enough time to
maintain websites, type long NG posts, and even travel to a library just to
post crappy so called articles about people or net situations, you got time
to fill out an application and not use the public funds that run libraries
to do things other than search to increase your knowledge base.

Here's a suggestion, while he's there, read a book. Get an art book, check
out a book on anatomy. That's what all those dead trees that aren't plugged
into a wall are for you know.

Paper serves a better function than smoking up weed and drawing porn. People
actually write intelligent things on them too.

--
Shawntae Howard
www.extinctioners.com

"mouse" <mo...@blackvault.com> wrote in message

Tamar

Mar 22, 2004, 8:42:25 PM3/22/04
I work with the mentally disturbed and there's a difference between having a
real problem and just being a net ass. If he's mental, then spend more time
with his or your, whoever it is you're talking about, therapist and take
your meds.

Hell, avoiding the net, the obvious source of aggravation would probably be
a far smarter and mentally healthy thing for him to do if that's the fact.

And as for the welfare issue, that's something you brought up. My statement
was aimed towards how pathetic it was that a person has to use a public
facility as their launching pad to attack someone. If you're going to do
that at least have the decency to do it on your own dime.

Finally, remember, you seem to be the self-appointed spokesmen for Collins.
If you're statements do not reflect his own then say so.

OF COURSE, getting back on topic, you nor anyone else, has really made a
statement that goes against what the original point of this tread was all
about to begin with. His art and the fact its being published in a book that
would do well NOT to publish it cause it brings down the overall quality of
the publication as a whole.

Is that harsh? Yeah. Is it true? Well, sorry to be the one to say it, but
yeah. Do I have a right to say it, sure do since I speak with my cash I have
a right to make comments about something as much as any other customer does.
And since the point of this news group is supposed to be about furry
related topics, the THAT is totally on topic.

Now stop trying to derail the tread. Either address the topic at hand or let
this tread finally die.

--
Shawntae Howard
www.extinctioners.com

"mouse" <mo...@blackvault.com> wrote in message

mouse

Mar 24, 2004, 1:44:43 AM3/24/04
"Tamar" <how...@erie.net> wrote in news:c3o4m0$d7h$1...@velox.critter.net:

> I work with the mentally disturbed and there's a difference between
> having a real problem and just being a net ass.

Theres several people you claim to know why they are on welfare, but in
reality, you dont know SHIT. In fact you CANT. By saying it, you are wrong,
my advice to you at this point would be to shut the fuck up.

> And as for the welfare issue, that's something you brought up. My
> statement was aimed towards how pathetic it was that a person has to
> use a public facility as their launching pad to attack someone.

"Using a public facility as a launch pad to attack someone" ?!
you have got to be fucking kidding me.

Do you even think about what you post here?

Where is the attack? saying something about someone on the internet? I can
say whatever the fuck I want, so can anyone else. Get over it.

> Finally, remember, you seem to be the self-appointed spokesmen for
> Collins. If you're statements do not reflect his own then say so.

Im not and they don't. I just understand the situation better than you, you
make it real easy for me to smack you around, asshole.

And, are you the self-appointed spokesperson for Schwartz? You do the same
exact shit Howard...don't you even realize that?

good GOD....

> His art and the fact its being published
> in a book that would do well NOT to publish it cause it brings down
> the overall quality of the publication as a whole.

No, I already addressed this a while back, look it up. I said its not his
call

-Jerry Collins is not the one publishing it.
-It is not "Jerry Collins' Furrlough: A Monthly Funny Animal Anthology"
-Jerry Collins is not owner/founder of RadioComix

This is very, VERY simple Shawntae...get it.

But go ahead, bitch at Elin Winkler or Pat Duke, and show what a prick you
really are.

> Is that harsh? Yeah. Is it true? Well, sorry to be the one to say it,
> but yeah. Do I have a right to say it, sure do since I speak with my
> cash I have a right to make comments about something as much as any
> other customer does.

Oh! I see now! Jerry Collins, for some reason, DOESNT have the right to say
anything on the internet. What was I thinking?

You are one stupid tool, you know that?

> Now stop trying to derail the tread.

This thread was derailed by the blind ineptitude of several stupid-shit
furries (one of whom, is YOU) a while ago. This never was about art in
Furrlough and you know it.

mouse

Mar 24, 2004, 1:50:03 AM3/24/04
"Tamar" <how...@erie.net> wrote in news:c3o47t$clk$1...@velox.critter.net:

> Nooo, I attacked a potential parasite on society who's personal
> behavior and not a victim of circumstances causes him to be on
> welfare. I and my family are no stranger to welfare, the only
> difference is through hard work and a wanting to NOT be on it we've
> achieved. As appose to those who feel its somehow ok in their
> hierarchy of priorities to have access to the internet and a computer
> as apposed to looking for a J.O.B.

Not that its any of your business, but I dont know that Jerry is even on
government assistance at this time. Just more info that shows you don't
know what the fuck you are talking about. I just think its so funny that
since you have had such a problem with some things Hirtes has said around
here. You ACTUALLY are just as malicious as you CLAIM he is. You act like
you are not, and everyone believes you because you are a 'big name artist'
in furry fandom and all is forgiven.

Well that won't get you anywhere with me, Howard. I don't give a fuck who
you are. I have yet to see any merit in your character.

Wanderer

Mar 24, 2004, 2:37:05 AM3/24/04
<snip>

You can always tell Mouse can't beat your argument on logic when he:

... starts ranting about someone else entirely, connection or no. "And
you're the spokesperson for Schwartz?"

... starts cussing repeatedly and with absolutely no creativity.
"<expletives deleted>"

... doesn't even try to use logic, choosing to scream at you in print.
(Because if he did it in real life, he'd get hurt.)

I swear, if the boy had a brain, he'd be dangerous...

Yours too tired to care what Mouse thinks,

The posting-'em-as-he-sees-'em,

mouse

Mar 24, 2004, 3:05:52 AM3/24/04
"Wanderer" <wand...@ticnet.com> wrote in

> The as-per-usual-not-paying-attention-not-reading,
>
> Wanderer
> wand...@ticnet.com

This doesnt concern you, nor does your input on this mean shit to me

You basically have said nothing other than say Im wrong, havent at all
addressed the facts...

Im really not surprised

Wanderer

Mar 24, 2004, 12:10:45 PM3/24/04
"mouse" <mo...@blackvault.com> wrote in message

<snip... nice editing job... pity it substitutes for thinking>

> This doesnt concern you, nor does your input on this mean shit to me

Sign 2 again...

> You basically have said nothing other than say Im wrong, havent at all
> addressed the facts...

Well, since you bring it up, you *haven't* addressed all the facts. You've
said not one word about the actual quality and/or storyline of the work
Tamar doesn't like, choosing to attack Tamar's character rather than attempt
a cogent argument on the basis of provable information, e.g. the works in
Furrlough. To an uninvolved observer, this makes you look rather silly and
stupid, since you present the appearance of arguing just to hear your brain
rattle and get into a whose-balls-are-bigger contest.

The one partially-coherent statement you've made is that Furrlough is itself
to blame for the material appearing in the magazine, which Tamar doesn't
argue. (He wonders why something of the reported quality appears in the
front of the magazine, but doesn't argue that somebody other than the
Furrlough editorial staff put it there... just why it was submitted in what
is apparently an unfinished state.)

Honestly, Mus (I'm feeling Latin-y today), this artist must really be
something to have a rabid fan like you. Of course, you're rabid in general,
but still...

Oh, you meant *I* didn't deal with the issues? Not in that post, no. I was
up very late, and simply made a comment arising from my emotional state.

> Im really not surprised

Who is "Im", and why should zie be surprised?

Yours calmly,

The wolfish,

Mulciber

Mar 24, 2004, 2:53:54 PM3/24/04
"Tamar" <how...@erie.net> wrote in news:c3o47t$clk$1...@velox.critter.net:

[snip]

> If you got enough time to maintain websites, type long NG posts, and
> even travel to a library just to post crappy so called articles about
> people or net situations, you got time to fill out an application and
> not use the public funds that run libraries to do things other than
> search to increase your knowledge base.

Way to get your facts wrong. I'm sure the CYD "gang" will be tickled to
hear it's Jerry's website now, since that seems to be what you're driving
at. Also (as Mouse said in this thread even) he doesn't make NG posts, and
I never heard of him posting any articles, crappy or otherwise. Whichever
dingbat reports on CYD for you really should learn to read properly.

And, hey, this is doubly funny seeing as I distinctly recall you yourself
having a dig at CYD for playing fast and loose with the truth way back
when.

Viva double standards, huh?