Moving alt.fan.furry... I'm not going to try again.

Peter da Silva

Oct 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/10/99
In article <7tqcrg$uv0$1...@raccoon.fur.com>,
Dwight J. Dutton <dwight...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Wouldn't the creation of a soc.culture.furry or a rec.arts.furry group
>accomplish the same thing?

Attempts to draw the readership of this group to better protected forums
has failed miserably, both inside altnet and out of it. Swimming through
the sewer of news.groups for another doomed attempt woud be futile and
frustrating.

Better to formally split it and replace the root it by a moderated misc group.

>My understanding of Usenet is that the alt.* groups are pretty much afree for
>all and the serious groups are hte other ones.

Compare and contrast sci.physics.fusion and the various thriving small-volume
obscure computer groups in alt.sys.*. A group is "serious" or not based on its
topic, ragerdless of where in the hierarchy it is placed.

Cc: Dwight Dutton. Apologies, but i moved my followup to more appropriate
groups, and I'm not sure you read them.

--
This is The Reverend Peter da Silva's Boring Sig File - there are no references
to Wolves, Kibo, Discordianism, or The Church of the Subgenius in this document

Executive Vice President, Corporate Communications, Entropy Gradient Reversals.

David Formosa (aka ? the Platypus)

Oct 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/12/99
On 10 Oct 1999 11:12:39 -0500, Peter da Silva <pe...@taronga.com> wrote:

[...]

>Attempts to draw the readership of this group to better protected forums
>has failed miserably, both inside altnet and out of it. Swimming through
>the sewer of news.groups for another doomed attempt woud be futile and
>frustrating.

Then perhaps its because it isn't ment to happen.

http://www.zeta.org.au/~dformosa/Spelling.html to find out more.