Need help- "We're only in it for the money"

steve...@my-deja.com

Jun 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/5/00
Greetings

I'm new here but glad I found ya!

I'm hoping someone can confirm or deny something I heard recently. Was
Jimi Hendrix on the the cover of "We're only in it for the money"?

If he was, I haven't seen it.

Any help would really be appreciated!

Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Steve Cobham

Jun 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/5/00
On Mon, 05 Jun 2000 16:15:53 GMT, steve...@my-deja.com wrote:

>Greetings
>
>I'm new here but glad I found ya!
>
>I'm hoping someone can confirm or deny something I heard recently. Was
>Jimi Hendrix on the the cover of "We're only in it for the money"?

Sort of.

In fact, he's on the inside of the cover, which is a parody of the
Sergeant Pepper front cover, but inside, if you catch my drift.

He's wearing a pink feather boa.

And, what's more, he was real and not part of the montage, although he
holds a cardboard cutout - or did Cal Schenkel add that in later?

>If he was, I haven't seen it.

If you looked at the outside, which is a parody of the SBLHCB inner
artwork but it's on the outside then you won't have done.

The guy who did this artwork posts regularly here - the rather
wonderful Mr.Calvin Schenkel. I'm sure he could fill you in on this.

NP - Warren Zevon - Mr.Bad Example.

Steve.
Guitar and bass tuition - all styles and levels.
http://users.powernet.co.uk/guitars/tuition.htm

E-mail: st...@XSPAMXguitarsXMAPSX.powernet.co.uk
(Please remove obvious spam deterrent)

Interested in Zappa? Guitar? Beer?
Save money by setting up your own guitar!
How about trading Zappa and Danny Gatton tapes?

http://users.powernet.co.uk/guitars/

Heb de Latz und schpill dini Gitare.

Joachim Ott

Jun 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/5/00
In article <8hgjn8$79m$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

steve...@my-deja.com writes:
> Greetings
>
> I'm new here but glad I found ya!
>
> I'm hoping someone can confirm or deny something I heard recently. Was
> Jimi Hendrix on the the cover of "We're only in it for the money"?
>
> If he was, I haven't seen it.

Someone made key-picture of that cover identifying most of the
people on that picture (I got that picture in April 1999, so
you'll find the name of the creator in dejanews in this group).
Look at the pic at http://www.han.de/~ott/WOIIFTM_key_1967.jpg
(116 kB).

--
HU-Zünder, Ehrenwort, Pizza Bomba, hickie, Bauchspeicheldrüse
1 DM, eine Mark, eine Deutsche Mark, haste mal ne Mark?

Mark Steven Brooks

Jun 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/5/00
If I remember correctly Hendrix is on the lower right. It's pretty obvious.
elat...@aol.com (Mark Steven Brooks/Elaterium Music)

Bossk (R)

Jun 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/5/00
<steve...@my-deja.com> wrote:

> I'm hoping someone can confirm or deny
> something I heard recently. Was Jimi Hendrix
> on the the cover of "We're only in it for the
> money"?

Yes, he can be seen on the photo which is a parody of the front cover of the
Beatles album SGT PEPPER. Only one CD version of MONEY had this picture on
the front; you usually have to fold something out to see it.

--- Bossk (R) <wik...@mbox301.swipnet.se>

"I think it's great!"
- C-3PO, EASY MEAT bootleg LP back cover

Patrick Neve

Jun 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/5/00
On 5 Jun 2000, Joachim Ott wrote:

> In article <8hgjn8$79m$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,
> steve...@my-deja.com writes:
> > Greetings
> >
> > I'm new here but glad I found ya!
> >

> > I'm hoping someone can confirm or deny something I heard recently. Was
> > Jimi Hendrix on the the cover of "We're only in it for the money"?
> >

> > If he was, I haven't seen it.
>
> Someone made key-picture of that cover identifying most of the
> people on that picture (I got that picture in April 1999, so
> you'll find the name of the creator in dejanews in this group).
> Look at the pic at http://www.han.de/~ott/WOIIFTM_key_1967.jpg
> (116 kB).

I thought this was debunked by Calvin as being largely incorrect.

Splat's Zappa Page
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~splat/zappapage.html

Patrick Neve

Jun 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/5/00
On Tue, 6 Jun 2000, Cal Schenkel wrote:
> On 5 Jun 2000 17:16:19 GMT, nos...@ardala.han.de (Joachim Ott) wrote:

> > steve...@my-deja.com writes:
> >> I'm hoping someone can confirm or deny something I heard recently. Was
> >> Jimi Hendrix on the the cover of "We're only in it for the money"?
> >>
> >> If he was, I haven't seen it.
> >
> >Someone made key-picture of that cover identifying most of the
> >people on that picture (I got that picture in April 1999, so...
>
> Here's my version that was in Mojo in 1994:
>
> http://www.RALF.com/wo

Cool! I haven't had a chance to A/B every name against the other version,
but it looks pretty close to the same, with a different font of course.
It's never the same w/o your particular brand of scrawling.. you should
have a trademarked font. In fact, there are quite a few recurring icons
of yours which could certainly be construed as trademarkable. So anyways,
this Money Key can be considered accurate? That's really Pope X?
I lost the original posts but I thought there was some version that was
somehow less than verfiable. In any case, thanks for posting this.

Bossk (R)

Jun 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/6/00
Joachim Ott <nos...@ardala.han.de> wrote:

> Someone made key-picture of that cover identifying
> most of the people on that picture (I got that picture

> in April 1999, so you'll find the name of the creator in
> dejanews in this group).

Some of those names are phony, though - case in point: NORBERT OBERMANNS is
included! :)

steve...@my-deja.com

Jun 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/6/00
Thanks a lot guys!

Beers are on me!!

Steve

Cal Schenkel

Jun 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/6/00
On 5 Jun 2000 17:16:19 GMT, nos...@ardala.han.de (Joachim Ott) wrote:

>In article <8hgjn8$79m$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,
> steve...@my-deja.com writes:
>> Greetings
>>
>> I'm new here but glad I found ya!
>>

>> I'm hoping someone can confirm or deny something I heard recently. Was
>> Jimi Hendrix on the the cover of "We're only in it for the money"?
>>
>> If he was, I haven't seen it.
>

>Someone made key-picture of that cover identifying most of the

Cal Schenkel

Jun 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/6/00
On Mon, 5 Jun 2000 17:04:00 -0700, Patrick Neve
<sp...@darkwing.uoregon.edu> wrote:

>On 5 Jun 2000, Joachim Ott wrote:
>
>> In article <8hgjn8$79m$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,
>> steve...@my-deja.com writes:
>> > Greetings
>> >
>> > I'm new here but glad I found ya!
>> >
>> > I'm hoping someone can confirm or deny something I heard recently. Was
>> > Jimi Hendrix on the the cover of "We're only in it for the money"?
>> >
>> > If he was, I haven't seen it.
>>
>> Someone made key-picture of that cover identifying most of the

>> people on that picture (I got that picture in April 1999, so

>> you'll find the name of the creator in dejanews in this group).

>> Look at the pic at http://www.han.de/~ott/WOIIFTM_key_1967.jpg
>> (116 kB).
>
>I thought this was debunked by Calvin as being largely incorrect.

Most of them are correct. Except for the ones that nobody knows who they
are.

A bunch of the unidentifiables are from Frank's high school yearbook.

The following are surrogates:

Leo Limon (also immortalized on OSFA BC), Coach Ware, David St. John,
Elroy Pie, Sue Gross, Peter Reet, Tommy Marlowe, Jerry Fialka, Werner,
Billy Porter (Kansas), Lynn Lascaro, Zarubica, Eddie Haskel, Jennifer
Taylor, Hiroshi Kataoka, Pauline Butcher (FZ secretary), Jeff Sklarow
twins, Norbert Obermanns.

(And Rodan subbing for Christmas X Tree.)

Now you know.

(Also I think it should be Lon Chaney, SR.)

--Calvin (on accordion)

Cal Schenkel

Jun 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/6/00
That reminds me--I forgot all about my Tinsel Town Rebel Lion contest:

First place: Chris Maxfield, with 18 more or less correct (unconfirmed),
2nd place: Mark Mott, with (maybe) 10 correct,
Honorable Mention to David Blumenstein for most interesting totally wrong
guesses.

Shirley, you can do better!

Contest closes June 10.
=====================
Person who gets the most who's-who on the cover of "Tinseltown Rebellion"
wins a signed press proof from the original first-printing album cover!

(A valuable collector's item!)

Most correct answers &/or best interesting guesses. Neatness doesn't
count.

email all entries to: cal...@RALF.com

Decision of the judges is final.

VOID WHERE PROHIBITED

Steve Pearce

Jun 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/6/00
steve...@my-deja.com wrote:

>Greetings
>
>I'm new here but glad I found ya!
>
>I'm hoping someone can confirm or deny something I heard recently. Was
>Jimi Hendrix on the the cover of "We're only in it for the money"?
>
>If he was, I haven't seen it.
>

>Any help would really be appreciated!

Looks like him to me, far right. Next to Gail.

~~~~~~ Steve Pearce ~~~~~~

Steve Cobham

Jun 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/6/00
On Tue, 06 Jun 2000 01:36:09 GMT, cal...@RALF.comIX (Cal Schenkel)
wrote:

>On 5 Jun 2000 17:16:19 GMT, nos...@ardala.han.de (Joachim Ott) wrote:
>
>>In article <8hgjn8$79m$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,
>> steve...@my-deja.com writes:

>>> Greetings
>>>
>>> I'm new here but glad I found ya!
>>>
>>> I'm hoping someone can confirm or deny something I heard recently. Was
>>> Jimi Hendrix on the the cover of "We're only in it for the money"?
>>>
>>> If he was, I haven't seen it.
>>

>>Someone made key-picture of that cover identifying most of the

>>people on that picture (I got that picture in April 1999, so...
>

>Here's my version that was in Mojo in 1994:
>
>http://www.RALF.com/wo

So, Cal - was the cut out girl held by Jimi actually held by him, or
did you add it to the montage later?

Milhouse481

Jun 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/6/00
Was
Jimi Hendrix on the the cover of "We're only in it for the money"?

yes. hendrix is on the sgt pepper parody portion of the cover. he's behind what
i think is frank's wife in a feather boa with long blodish hair