Music Power, a film from 1969

Mikael Agardsson

Jul 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/13/00
From the book "Viva Zappa" by Dominique Chevalier:

"1969. MUSIC POWER. A film by Jerome Laperrousaz, showing the festival
at Amougies, October 1969. Zappa, the presenter, jams with Pink Floyd,
Aynsley Dunbar and Archie Shepp".

Can somebody here tell me more about this film?

Mikael Agardsson

”I'm not black, but there's a whole lot of times
I wish I could say I'm not white.”

F.Z.

Patrick Neve

Jul 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/13/00
to Mikael Agardsson
On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Mikael Agardsson wrote:

> From the book "Viva Zappa" by Dominique Chevalier:
>
> "1969. MUSIC POWER. A film by Jerome Laperrousaz, showing the festival
> at Amougies, October 1969. Zappa, the presenter, jams with Pink Floyd,
> Aynsley Dunbar and Archie Shepp".
>
> Can somebody here tell me more about this film?

http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~splat/video_info_60's.html#ActuelFestival

Splat's Zappa Page
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~splat/zappapage.html

Luis

Jul 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/13/00
>From the book "Viva Zappa" by Dominique Chevalier:

Jesus!. I always thought it was "Viva Zapata" by Maurice
Chevalier.

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

Stephen Williams

Jul 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/14/00
Yeah it sucks, no it doesn't but it well yeah it sucks. It's like
woodstock on that brown acid.
There's some good footage of Capt.Beefheart (introduced by Frank). And
there is also some footage of Frank jamming with I've been told Caravan
(sort of pre-Canterbury). And some great Pink Floyd footage. But there
is NO FLOYD/ZAPPA INTERSTELLAR OVERDRIVE footage. It isn't there! It may
exist, but NOBODY has ever said "I saw it " or "I heard it" NEVER!!
Until I see or hear it, its filed under "urban legend". Oh, the rest of
the film is shots of hippies walking through the fog, people in sleeping
bags in a big tent (the festival was in a big tent), and locals peeking
through holes in the tent goofing on the people in the sleeping bags
that walked through the fog. NO FLOYD/ZAPPA!!
Steve

Biffy the Elephant Shrew

Jul 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/14/00
Luis wrote:

>>From the book "Viva Zappa" by Dominique Chevalier:
>
>Jesus!. I always thought it was "Viva Zapata" by Maurice
>Chevalier.

It might as well be.

Biffy the Elephant Shrew
Please visit http://www.mp3.com/michaelpdawson
Mr Stones will see you now...ya cheap hoor.

Charles Ulrich

Jul 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/15/00
In article <8879-396...@storefull-111.iap.bryant.webtv.net>,
sw...@webtv.net (Stephen Williams) wrote:

Film footage may or may not exist, but many of us have seen a still
photograph of FZ jamming with Pink Floyd (and said so).

--Charles