What's that aroma? }:=8d

Zezhian Dragonfang

Aug 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/17/96

Another lazy day in Alfandria. Zezhian, the ocean dragon, swims up to
the beach near his cave. He crawls out of the water to sun himself on the
hematite sand. He ponders the "inponderables" and thinks about the possible
answers to the deep philisophical questions other dragons have posed over the
past month or so. Above, an eagle flies to disappear into the green forests
beyond his dwelling. He idly scratches his blue-green head as his thought turn
to the hunt.
"Hmmm... All the talk I've been hearing about hunting and cheesecake
recently has put me in a mood I haven't felt in ages!"
Although he hasn't had need of his magics for years (outside the
occasional changing to walk amongst the hoomans), his mind pieces together an
incantation.
"Mystical Powers...Jennifer Flowers...ummm... No, that's the wrong
one.."
He cracks his knuckles and starts again.
"I win...YOU win...Edwin Newman...Lee of Kathy...Regis Philbin!"
A crack of mystical energy and a bright flash of darkness obscures the
area momentarily. The black mist clears, and there, before the grinning ocean
dragon, stands a dragon-sized BARBEQUE GRILL!!
"Perfect!!" He fires up the grill and runs into his cave. A moment
later, he comes out in a stupid looking chef's hat and a apron that says:
'...And Some Days, The Dragon Eats YOU!' carrying a HYOOGE platter of ribs,
hamburgers, frankfurters and other tasty commestibles.
Suddenly, music starts playing from the cave. He places a few racks of
ribs on the fire and coats them with barbecue sauce. He then momentarily takes
to the air and shouts:
"BIG BEACH BARBECUE AT ZEZHIAN'S LAIR! ALL OF ALFANDRIA WELCOME!!
C'MON OVER AND HAVE SOME FUN!"
He lands and starts tending the sizzling meat.

Peace;
(...who has the Stone's "Made In The Shade" in the CD Player.)

--
+ Zezhian's Overstuffed .SIG File V3.0 +
X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X

Dragon Code v1: DC.O f+ s+ h++/---(VERY long story) Cblu/gr a $

Ray Koziel

Aug 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/18/96

In article <4v59il$4...@wizard.pn.com> Zezhian Dragonfang wrote:
> A crack of mystical energy and a bright flash of darkness obscures
>the area momentarily. The black mist clears, and there, before the
>grinning ocean dragon, stands a dragon-sized BARBEQUE GRILL!!
> "Perfect!!" He fires up the grill and runs into his cave. A moment
>later, he comes out in a stupid looking chef's hat and a apron that says:
>'...And Some Days, The Dragon Eats YOU!' carrying a HYOOGE platter of
>ribs, hamburgers, frankfurters and other tasty commestibles.
> Suddenly, music starts playing from the cave. He places a few racks
>of ribs on the fire and coats them with barbecue sauce. He then
>momentarily takes to the air and shouts:
> "BIG BEACH BARBECUE AT ZEZHIAN'S LAIR! ALL OF ALFANDRIA WELCOME!!
>C'MON OVER AND HAVE SOME FUN!"
> He lands and starts tending the sizzling meat.
>
> Peace;
>(...who has the Stone's "Made In The Shade" in the CD Player.)

"Well, well, another barbecue!" Naz comments as he lands, wearing a loud
Hawaiian shirt. "Big D's having one and now you...do the words 'block
party' come to mind?" >:=8)

Suddenly, two kegs appear off to the side. "Complements of Darius' Bar and
Italian Restaurant, fresh from the microbrewery. It dispenses whatever
beer you desire."

-Naz

Izzy

Aug 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/18/96

Zezhian Dragonfang wrote:

> "Perfect!!" He fires up the grill and runs into his cave. A moment
> later, he comes out in a stupid looking chef's hat and a apron that says:
> '...And Some Days, The Dragon Eats YOU!' carrying a HYOOGE platter of ribs,
> hamburgers, frankfurters and other tasty commestibles.
> Suddenly, music starts playing from the cave. He places a few racks of
> ribs on the fire and coats them with barbecue sauce. He then momentarily takes
> to the air and shouts:
> "BIG BEACH BARBECUE AT ZEZHIAN'S LAIR! ALL OF ALFANDRIA WELCOME!!
> C'MON OVER AND HAVE SOME FUN!"
> He lands and starts tending the sizzling meat.
>
> Peace;
> (...who has the Stone's "Made In The Shade" in the CD Player.)

*In a poof of smoke Sid, with Izzy on his shoulder, appear next to
Zezhian Dragonfang*

"Did someone say PARTY!!!!!! Hmmm... Be right back"

*Sid pops out then back in within a few seconds this time carrying a
enourmous cooler in one hand and a dragon-sized beachball in the
other!* "Thought I'd provide the refreshments!... *

*Izzy looks over at Sid* "Izzzz?"

*Okay, here ya go" *Sid rolls the ball over to Izzy. The only problem
being that the ball is three times his size and ends up rolling over
Izzy and down the beach... with Izzy still hanging on.* "Oooops! :)
"

____________________________________
**Obsidious K'Ran **
58' long Obsidian (Rock) dragon.
and his travelling companion:
**Izzy**
8' long Fairy Obsidian dragon.
**From the Elemental Plane of Earth**
____________________________________

Lynn Davis

Aug 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/18/96

Zezhian Dragonfang (zez...@pictac.com) wrote:
: "BIG BEACH BARBECUE AT ZEZHIAN'S LAIR! ALL OF ALFANDRIA WELCOME!!
: C'MON OVER AND HAVE SOME FUN!"

Tephra crawls out of the sand by Zezhian's lair. "Did you say
barbeque? As in juicy burgers and sauce drenched ribs?" She
looks down at the sand mutters "*hematite* sand?!"

__________
.''. /___________
/ @ ` // '
(',_/ | // '
| |// ,'
| `/ ,'___
| ,' `.
_| Tephra )
,/ \_____________/ |\
| \ / )
\ `----------------' /
`.__________________,'

winterhart

Aug 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/18/96

>: "BIG BEACH BARBECUE AT ZEZHIAN'S LAIR! ALL OF ALFANDRIA WELCOME!!
>: C'MON OVER AND HAVE SOME FUN!"
>
>Tephra crawls out of the sand by Zezhian's lair. "Did you say
>barbeque? As in juicy burgers and sauce drenched ribs?" She
>looks down at the sand mutters "*hematite* sand?!"

as soon as she hears zezhian's shout raora flies over. "did someone say
barbecue?"

offering everyone blue roses,
--raora ----------------------<zephyrine aaliyah>------------------------
--jude---------aionar--------raora----winterhart----karana--
--realme-----winged horse-----dragon-----vampyre-----unicorn--
--poetry--------flight--------joolz-------blood------misfit--
--email: ge...@g-dav.demon.co.uk--webpage: www.g-dav.demon.co.uk/jude/---

Izzy

Aug 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/19/96

winterhart wrote:

> >: "BIG BEACH BARBECUE AT ZEZHIAN'S LAIR! ALL OF ALFANDRIA WELCOME!!
> >: C'MON OVER AND HAVE SOME FUN!"
> >
> >Tephra crawls out of the sand by Zezhian's lair. "Did you say
> >barbeque? As in juicy burgers and sauce drenched ribs?" She
> >looks down at the sand mutters "*hematite* sand?!"
> >

> as soon as she hears zezhian's shout raora flies over. "did someone say
> barbecue?"
>
> offering everyone blue roses,

*Sid pops in next to winterhart as she lands*
"Yup, Zezhian's already fired up the grill" *He looks into his cooler*
"Are you thirsty? I'm sure I'v got something in here that you'd like"

Bryan Burma

Aug 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/19/96
to Ray Koziel

Ray Koziel wrote:

> In article <4v59il$4...@wizard.pn.com> Zezhian Dragonfang wrote:
> > A crack of mystical energy and a bright flash of darkness obscures
> >the area momentarily. The black mist clears, and there, before the
> >grinning ocean dragon, stands a dragon-sized BARBEQUE GRILL!!
> > "Perfect!!" He fires up the grill and runs into his cave. A moment
> >later, he comes out in a stupid looking chef's hat and a apron that says:
> >'...And Some Days, The Dragon Eats YOU!' carrying a HYOOGE platter of
> >ribs, hamburgers, frankfurters and other tasty commestibles.
> > Suddenly, music starts playing from the cave. He places a few racks
> >of ribs on the fire and coats them with barbecue sauce. He then
> >momentarily takes to the air and shouts:
> > "BIG BEACH BARBECUE AT ZEZHIAN'S LAIR! ALL OF ALFANDRIA WELCOME!!
> >C'MON OVER AND HAVE SOME FUN!"
> > He lands and starts tending the sizzling meat.
> >
> > Peace;
> >(...who has the Stone's "Made In The Shade" in the CD Player.)
>
> "Well, well, another barbecue!" Naz comments as he lands, wearing a loud
> Hawaiian shirt. "Big D's having one and now you...do the words 'block
> party' come to mind?" >:=8)
>
> Suddenly, two kegs appear off to the side. "Complements of Darius' Bar and
> Italian Restaurant, fresh from the microbrewery. It dispenses whatever
> beer you desire."
>
> -Naz

Foul! No Fair! Foul! Now you're using my magic dipenser-type
apparati! I invented those things myself.
Seriously, I really don't care. We're partners, so it don't matter a
t'll! a Q, cool! Need some chicken? Just let me at those ribs...
I am getting crazy again, fifth time today, and its still early
morning! ;)

Naz, why did you list the BAR ahead of the _RESTAURANT_? The
restaurant was there first, then the bar.
--

Ba-weep-granat-weep-ninnybon -Universal Greeting
Darius the Adamantium Dragon on AFD

Ray Koziel

Aug 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/19/96

> Foul! No Fair! Foul! Now you're using my magic dipenser-type
>apparati! I invented those things myself.
> Seriously, I really don't care. We're partners, so it don't matter a
>t'll! a Q, cool! Need some chicken? Just let me at those ribs...
> I am getting crazy again, fifth time today, and its still early
>morning! ;)
>
> Naz, why did you list the BAR ahead of the _RESTAURANT_? The
>restaurant was there first, then the bar.
>--

"Slip of the tongue, if that is what I said. I normally mention the
restaurant and then the bar. 'Darius' Italian Bar and Restaurant' does
sound a bit wierd compared to 'Darius' Italian Restaurant and Bar.'"

-Naz

Ray Koziel

Aug 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/19/96

Zezhian Dragonfang

Aug 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/19/96

In article <4v6do6$d...@news.ccit.arizona.edu>,
ly...@raptor.LPL.Arizona.EDU (Lynn Davis) wrote:

>: "BIG BEACH BARBECUE AT ZEZHIAN'S LAIR! ALL OF ALFANDRIA WELCOME!!

>: C'MON OVER AND HAVE SOME FUN!"
>

>Tephra crawls out of the sand by Zezhian's lair. "Did you say
>barbeque? As in juicy burgers and sauce drenched ribs?"

Greetings, Tephra! Welcome to my humble abode. (*zezhian puts another rack of
ribs on the grill.) I've had the urge for some ribs for a few days now and I
thought that since summer's nearly over, I might as well have a little beach
party.

>She looks down at the sand mutters "*hematite* sand?!"

And what's wrong with hematite sand? I think it gives the place a bit of
shimmering beauty.

(*Zezhian turns over the rack of ribs and brushes on more sauce.) How do you
like them done? Care for a drink? I run a dry bar, unfortunately; mostly soda
and fruit drinks. I'll conjure up something stronger if one insists.

Peace;

+ Zezhian's Overstuffed .SIG File V2.0 +
X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X
+ All the world's a stage and we are merely players...except me. +
X I don't have an Actor's Guild card. X
+ Go fig. +
X X
+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+
X Zez...@Pictac.COM | Zezhian Dragonfang X

Lynn Davis

Aug 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/19/96

Zezhian Dragonfang (zez...@pictac.com) wrote:
: In article <4v6do6$d...@news.ccit.arizona.edu>,
: ly...@raptor.LPL.Arizona.EDU (Lynn Davis) wrote:

: >: "BIG BEACH BARBECUE AT ZEZHIAN'S LAIR! ALL OF ALFANDRIA WELCOME!!
: >: C'MON OVER AND HAVE SOME FUN!"
: >
: >Tephra crawls out of the sand by Zezhian's lair. "Did you say
: >barbeque? As in juicy burgers and sauce drenched ribs?"

: Greetings, Tephra! Welcome to my humble abode. (*zezhian puts another rack of
: ribs on the grill.) I've had the urge for some ribs for a few days now and I
: thought that since summer's nearly over, I might as well have a little beach
: party.

"That's the one good thing about living in Arizona, it's barbeque season
all year round." *grin*

: >She looks down at the sand mutters "*hematite* sand?!"

: And what's wrong with hematite sand? I think it gives the place a bit of
: shimmering beauty.

"It is pretty, but how are you managing to keep specular hematite stable
in an active coastal environment?" Tephra studies the sand wondering
*how* he does that. She sighs finally and decides that if he hasn't
put a spell on it he must replace it every couple thousand years.

: (*Zezhian turns over the rack of ribs and brushes on more sauce.) How do you

: like them done? Care for a drink? I run a dry bar, unfortunately; mostly soda
: and fruit drinks. I'll conjure up something stronger if one insists.

"Well, please and I'd love a Coke."

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
% __________ % %
% .''. /___________ % %
% / @ ` // ' % Land of enchantment under my wings, %
% (',_/ | // ' % %
% | |// ,' % Songs of deliverance I've started %
% | `/ ,'___ % I've started to sing, %
% | ,' `. % %
% _| \ % Freedom from the bonds that bind, %
% ,/ \_____________/ |\ % %
% | \ / | % Screams of joy from my mind. %
% \ `----------------' / % %
% `.__________________,' % -- Tephra %
% % %
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

lda...@imap1.asu.edu

Aug 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/19/96

Arangast9 (aran...@aol.com) wrote:
: In article <4v7lbf$8...@news-e2d.gnn.com>, rk...@gnn.com (Ray Koziel)
: writes:

: >In article <4v59il$4...@wizard.pn.com> Zezhian Dragonfang wrote:
: >> "BIG BEACH BARBECUE AT ZEZHIAN'S LAIR! ALL OF ALFANDRIA WELCOME!!
: >>C'MON OVER AND HAVE SOME FUN!"

: >> Peace;
: >> Z

: Arangast, hearing the echo if not the original call to BARBECUE! Heads
: over towards Zezhian's. Spiraling down he lands on the beach. "I brought
: the Volleyball net and the Volleyball, and all the makings for the Pina
: Coladas and Margaritas."

Tephra puts a CD in the player and soon "Margaritaville" starts playing.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
% __________ % %
% .''. /___________ % %
% / @ ` // ' % Land of enchantment under my wings, %
% (',_/ | // ' % %
% | |// ,' % Songs of deliverance I've started %

% | `/ ,'___ % to sing, %

Arangast9

Aug 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/19/96

writes:

>In article <4v59il$4...@wizard.pn.com> Zezhian Dragonfang wrote:

>> A crack of mystical energy and a bright flash of darkness obscures

>>the area momentarily. The black mist clears, and there, before the
>>grinning ocean dragon, stands a dragon-sized BARBEQUE GRILL!!
>> "Perfect!!" He fires up the grill and runs into his cave. A moment

>>later, he comes out in a stupid looking chef's hat and a apron that
says:
>>'...And Some Days, The Dragon Eats YOU!' carrying a HYOOGE platter of
>>ribs, hamburgers, frankfurters and other tasty commestibles.
>> Suddenly, music starts playing from the cave. He places a few
racks
>>of ribs on the fire and coats them with barbecue sauce. He then
>>momentarily takes to the air and shouts:

>> "BIG BEACH BARBECUE AT ZEZHIAN'S LAIR! ALL OF ALFANDRIA WELCOME!!
>>C'MON OVER AND HAVE SOME FUN!"

>> He lands and starts tending the sizzling meat.
>>
>> Peace;
>>(...who has the Stone's "Made In The Shade" in the CD Player.)

Arangast, hearing the echo if not the original call to BARBECUE! Heads

over towards Zezhian's. Spiraling down he lands on the beach. "I brought
the Volleyball net and the Volleyball, and all the makings for the Pina
Coladas and Margaritas."

~ Arangast ~
208' Gold Dragon

aran...@aol.com

vampire eyes/jude/winterhart

Aug 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/19/96

>> as soon as she hears zezhian's shout raora flies over. "did someone say
>> barbecue?"
>>
>> offering everyone blue roses,
>
>*Sid pops in next to winterhart as she lands*
>"Yup, Zezhian's already fired up the grill" *He looks into his cooler*
>"Are you thirsty? I'm sure I'v got something in here that you'd like"

"hello sid!" rae exclaims. "i'd love some coke if you have any. would
you like a rose?" she asks. "they're gilraens and she just grows the
bestest ones. they taste like mint."

she of the blood that's gotta be amber by now,

Tamlin

Aug 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/19/96

In article <4v59il$4...@wizard.pn.com>, zez...@pictac.com (Zezhian Dragonfang) says:

> "BIG BEACH BARBECUE AT ZEZHIAN'S LAIR! ALL OF ALFANDRIA WELCOME!!
>C'MON OVER AND HAVE SOME FUN!"
> He lands and starts tending the sizzling meat.

Mmmm...

The unmistakable magickal resonances of someone summoning a barbeque
pit ripple through the ocean--little known fact, water carries thaumatic
radiation thirty-seven times more efficiently than air. After a moment,
Tamlin pushes his head out of the salt water. Hazel eyes set against
patches of red and blue scale blink thoughtfully, and then he lowers
himself beneath the waves again.

After no more than thirty draconic heartbeats (seven minutes, to you
wacky mortals) he steps out of the sea, soaking wet and holding a two-
hundred-pound shark in his mouth. He shakes himself off--hope nobody was
standing nearby--and walks to the Altar of Barbeque. <Thump of great
big fish hitting sand.> "Well, then, Zezhian. What can you do with
this? The fish are biting today..." <big grin, only minor scratches along
his color-patched hide>

"Oh. I'm called Tamlin McCollough, I couldn't help but noticing your
Words of Power--those were truly Great Names you were conjuring with.
Be careful--you never know what kind of freeloaders you'll bring..."

Karrolanth

Aug 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/19/96

zez...@pictac.com (Zezhian Dragonfang) wrote:

> "Perfect!!" He fires up the grill and runs into his cave. A moment
>later, he comes out in a stupid looking chef's hat and a apron that says:
>'...And Some Days, The Dragon Eats YOU!' carrying a HYOOGE platter of ribs,
>hamburgers, frankfurters and other tasty commestibles.
> Suddenly, music starts playing from the cave. He places a few racks of
>ribs on the fire and coats them with barbecue sauce. He then momentarily takes
>to the air and shouts:

> "BIG BEACH BARBECUE AT ZEZHIAN'S LAIR! ALL OF ALFANDRIA WELCOME!!
>C'MON OVER AND HAVE SOME FUN!"
> He lands and starts tending the sizzling meat.

> Peace;

>(...who has the Stone's "Made In The Shade" in the CD Player.)

<Karrolanth raises her head as she hears music, trying to figure out
where the sound is coming from. Then, the aroma of barbecuing meat
fills the air and her stomach rumbles>

A barbecue? What a wonderful idea! Where is it...ah, the beach!

<A few moments later, the Sapphire dragoness lands in a flurry of
wings near Zezhian's lair.>

Greetings to thee, Zezhian! May I join thee? I have brought some
vegetable kebabs (dragon-sized, of course!) to go with that
delicious-smelling meat thee are cooking...

<Karrie hands over a large number of kebabs, and looks around with
interest.>

I really ought to explore this land more...I had no idea there were
such lovely beaches!

--
Karrie, getting out and about...

Bryan Burma

Aug 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/19/96
to Ray Koziel

No, I think you were trying to plug your bar ahead of my restaurant. I
have someone you need to meet up close. Oh, Merlin, Here's Naz, and he
looks like he needs a huuuuuuuugggg! You know, one of those big 650
pound hugs that can squeeze the innards out of a small dragon. <Evil
Grin>
Naz then finds himself buries under 650 pounds of lion, getting the hug
of his life. Did I mention he loves football, and Hockey? He can get a
little rough, but then he can do that.

BuRaTh8519

Aug 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/19/96

In article <32174C...@tiac.net>, Izzy <iz...@tiac.net> writes:

>*In a poof of smoke Sid, with Izzy on his shoulder, appear next to
>Zezhian Dragonfang*
>
>"Did someone say PARTY!!!!!! Hmmm... Be right back"
>
>*Sid pops out then back in within a few seconds this time carrying a
>enourmous cooler in one hand and a dragon-sized beachball in the
>other!* "Thought I'd provide the refreshments!... *

Burath flies in and as the Chromatic makes introductions, he pulls
several desserts out and sets them down near the rest of the food and
wanders around the party place.

Burath

Ray Koziel

Aug 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/20/96

> Oh, that's BAD! That's REALLY BAD! Merlin walks away, slaps on
hi
>'Kitty Armor' (It's got Padding).
>"Oh Oh Naz, I hope you can run, and I mean fast. Merlin doesn't doesn't
>take too kindly to that bad of humor. He has a breaking point right around
>there. My advice, kick it into gear, and run! Portals don't work though,
>he can follow you right on through, even if you close it." (Darius
> talking)
> Merlin, then starts running after Nazaroth. With a cry of
> 'Charge',
>Merlin takes off.
>
> MOVE IT!

Nazaroth takes off, with Merlin on his tail (almost literally). As if
ignoring Darius' warning, a portal forms in front of Naz. At the last
second, Naz makes as if he is going to leap into the portal but flies above

it instead. Caught off guard, Merlin zips throught the portal as it closes

shut.

"Now, how 'bout that?" Naz asks, staying in the air just to be safe.

-Naz

Zezhian Dragonfang

Aug 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/20/96

=== A Combined Post of many and diverse hands. ===

(*Zezhian, somewhat unprepared for the incomming flood of draconic activity,
instantly gets behind in all postings!)

>"Well, well, another barbecue!" Naz comments as he lands, wearing a loud
>Hawaiian shirt. "Big D's having one and now you...do the words 'block
>party' come to mind?" >:=8)

Sure! The more, the merrier! By the way, that shirt is drowning out the
music! Care to knock it down a couple of hundred watts? ]B=8>

>Suddenly, two kegs appear off to the side. "Complements of Darius' Bar and
>Italian Restaurant, fresh from the microbrewery. It dispenses whatever
>beer you desire."

Well, I was just explaining to Tephra that I was running a dry bar, but I
won't refuse it! Thank you very much!
(SUDDENLY...)

>Arangast, hearing the echo if not the original call to BARBECUE! Heads
>over towards Zezhian's. Spiraling down he lands on the beach. "I brought
>the Volleyball net and the Volleyball, and all the makings for the Pina
>Coladas and Margaritas."

Great! Naz, help set the net up over there (*Zezhian points in an arbitrary
direction) and Arangast, Could you make me up a _Virgin_ Pina Colada?
Cookin's thirsty work!

FIRST RACK O' RIBS DONE!! Get 'em while they're hot!

>Tephra puts a CD in the player and soon "Margaritaville" starts playing.

(*Zezhian grins at the pun, but grimaces at the choice of music. He sits
through it showing as little discomfort as he can.) Jimmy Buffet makes my
teeth itch.

>*In a poof of smoke Sid, with Izzy on his shoulder, appear next to
>Zezhian Dragonfang*

AAGH!! (*Zezhian splorts a bit of sauce on his snout.) Don't _DO_ that!

>"Did someone say PARTY!!!!!!

Yup! Sure did

>Hmmm... Be right back"

>*Sid pops out then back in within a few seconds this time carrying a
>enourmous cooler in one hand and a dragon-sized beachball in the
>other!* "Thought I'd provide the refreshments!... *

Thanks, Sid! Every bit helps. Who's the little guy?

>*Izzy looks over at Sid* "Izzzz?"

Pleased to meet you too, Izzy.

*Okay, here ya go" *Sid rolls the ball over to Izzy. The only problem
being that the ball is three times his size and ends up rolling over
Izzy and down the beach... with Izzy still hanging on.* "Oooops!" :)

*boing boing boing* BWWAAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAA! I'm surrounded by kooky Dragons!
]%=8)

>"That's the one good thing about living in Arizona, it's barbeque season
>all year round." *grin*

(*Zezhian throws a few burgers, frankfurters and some linguica on the grill.)
True. I have a brother and uncle that live in Nevada; Las Vegas, to be exact.
I know it's not Arizona, but it's that region. And about the sand...

>"It is pretty, but how are you managing to keep specular hematite stable
>in an active coastal environment?" Tephra studies the sand wondering
>*how* he does that. She sighs finally and decides that if he hasn't
>put a spell on it he must replace it every couple thousand years.

Yeah, it's a bit difficult to keep up, but it gives the place an eerie, alien
look. After all, we dragons have to keep some mystery about us. ]:=8) By the
by, here's a Coke... Ice cold!
I have a tingling in my scales that something's up...

>After no more than thirty draconic heartbeats (seven minutes, to you
>wacky mortals) he steps out of the sea, soaking wet and holding a two-
>hundred-pound shark in his mouth. He shakes himself off--hope nobody was
>standing nearby--and walks to the Altar of Barbeque. <Thump of great
>big fish hitting sand.> "Well, then, Zezhian. What can you do with
>this? The fish are biting today..." <big grin, only minor scratches along
>his color-patched hide>

Yow! The fish should talk! (*Zezhian eyes the huge evil-looking fish.)
I'm not cleaning it. ];=8) And who are you, oh Mighty Fisherdragon?

"Oh. I'm called Tamlin McCollough, I couldn't help but noticing your
Words of Power--those were truly Great Names you were conjuring with.
Be careful--you never know what kind of freeloaders you'll bring..."

Yeah... I almost cast that Freeloader's Spell, but I stopped myself. As for
Great Names of Power... Well, I wouldn't go as far to say _that._ Glad to
have you aboard!

<A few moments later, the Sapphire dragoness lands in a flurry of
wings near Zezhian's lair.>

Greetings to thee, Zezhian! May I join thee? I have brought some
vegetable kebabs (dragon-sized, of course!) to go with that
delicious-smelling meat thee are cooking...

I am charmed by your prescence, most Noble Blue dragoness; for the stone of
my birth is the beautiful sapphire. Thank you for the gift of Kebabs! (The
grill flames up as Zezhian turns over the other ribs and works on the other
meats. The sound of a carving knife is heard in the background as someone
sets to work cleaning the shark...)

<Karrie hands over a large number of kebabs, and looks around with
interest.>
>I really ought to explore this land more...I had no idea there were
>such lovely beaches!

As I was explaining to Tephra, I have a soft spot for Hematite. It's so
lovely when it's polished. And I love the look it gives to the place!
(Suddenly a small skirmish breaks out!)

>>> Foul! No Fair! Foul! Now you're using my magic dipenser-type
>>>apparati! I invented those things myself.
>> Seriously, I really don't care. We're partners, so it don't matter
>>t'll! a Q, cool! Need some chicken? Just let me at those ribs...
>>> I am getting crazy again, fifth time today, and its still early
>>>morning! ;)
>>>
>> Naz, why did you list the BAR ahead of the _RESTAURANT_? The
>>restaurant was there first, then the bar.

>> "Slip of the tongue, if that is what I said. I normally mention the

>. restaurant and then the bar. 'Darius' Italian Bar and Restaurant' does
>. sound a bit wierd compared to 'Darius' Italian Restaurant and Bar.'"

> No, I think you were trying to plug your bar ahead of my restaurant.
>I have someone you need to meet up close. Oh, Merlin, Here's Naz, and he
>looks like he needs a huuuuuuuugggg! You know, one of those big 650
>pound hugs that can squeeze the innards out of a small dragon. <Evil
>Grin>
> Naz then finds himself buries under 650 pounds of lion, getting the
>hug
>of his life. Did I mention he loves football, and Hockey? He can get a
>little rough, but then he can do that.

Hey! Watch it! You almost hit the volleyball players! Hi, Merlin! Care for
something? Do you prefer cooked or uncooked?
Ribs are over here by the way, Naz! Some chicken would be nice Got any El
Pollo Loco?

General silliness rules at this Summer party on the beach!

Peace;

+ Zezhian's Overstuffed .SIG File V2.3 +
X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X
+ Mr. Toomy stopped his pinstripe suit outside a barber shop, +
X looked at his face, took off his jacket, put it on the pavement, X
+ stepped on it and started preaching like a monk from another world. +
X - Yello: "3rd of June" X
+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+
X Zez...@SUI.Ultranet.com | Zezhian Dragonfang

Ray Koziel

Aug 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/20/96

In article <4vagp0$h...@news.cablenet.net> Karrolanth wrote:
><Karrie hands over a large number of kebabs, and looks around with
>interest.>
>
>I really ought to explore this land more...I had no idea there were
>such lovely beaches!
>

>--
>Karrie, getting out and about...

"Hiya Karrie! Sounds like you do need to get out more, something I can be
helpful with." :) Naz offers Karrie a mug of ale.

-Naz

iz...@tiac.net

Aug 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/20/96

vampire eyes/jude/winterhart <ge...@g-dav.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>>> as soon as she hears zezhian's shout raora flies over. "did someone say
>>> barbecue?"
>>>
>>> offering everyone blue roses,
>>
>>*Sid pops in next to winterhart as she lands*
>>"Yup, Zezhian's already fired up the grill" *He looks into his cooler*
>>"Are you thirsty? I'm sure I'v got something in here that you'd like"

>"hello sid!" rae exclaims. "i'd love some coke if you have any. would
>you like a rose?" she asks. "they're gilraens and she just grows the
>bestest ones. they taste like mint."

*Sid looks inside, then reaches in and pulls out a dragon-sized bottle
of Coke. He hands the coke to rae* "Ahhh, gotta love these
cornucopia coolers. :8) I'd love a rose, thank you!" He smiles at
her shyly", no ones given me a rose before :8)"

Arangast9

Aug 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/20/96

In article <4vd6m5$3...@news-e2d.gnn.com>, rk...@gnn.com (Ray Koziel)
writes:

>><Karrie hands over a large number of kebabs, and looks around with

>>interest.>
>>
>>I really ought to explore this land more...I had no idea there were
>>such lovely beaches!
>>
>>--
>>Karrie, getting out and about...
>>

>"Hiya Karrie! Sounds like you do need to get out more, something I can
be
>helpful with." :) Naz offers Karrie a mug of ale.
>
>-Naz

"Hi Karrie and Naz, what a beautiful day." Arangast just finishing
putting up the Volleyball net. Taking a big sip of his pina colada. "We
ought to get out like this more often, maybe once the Deathgate thread is
finished, and if we survive, we should do this more often." <grin>

~ Arangast ~
208' Gold Dragon

If you don't believe in dragons,
It is curiously true
That the dragons you disparage,
Choose to not believe in you.

--by Jack Prelutsky

Ray Koziel

Aug 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/21/96

In article <4vf429$1...@crchh327.rich.bnr.ca> styraxian wrote:
> A human in a black suit walks to the side of Naz. He looks up at the
> dragon
>then at the ground. After a few minutes he takes acouple of steps back and
>holds up a sign:
> 10
>
>After that he turns around and vanishes into the air.
>
>=)

"At least it wasn't Samaranch. Ooo would I like to toast the guy's bald
little head! 'Most exceptional'...fah!"

-Naz

Ray Koziel

Aug 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/21/96

> "Nice trick, but it didn't quite work." Darius replies. As a
>portal forms above the unaware Nazaroth, and a huge Lion comes falling
>from above to land on the small Aquamarine who is currently dating
>Blizzard!
><LOL> Naz finds himself buried under 650 pounds of lion.
> [M] "Why Naz, one would think you don't want to get to knom me."
>Oh, and congrats on the possible mating! <SONLMMO> <--(take a guess, then
>I'll tell you).

"I am not mating Blizzard...at least at this moment!" the cry comes out
from under the lion. "Now, if you could please get off me so we can meet
under better conditions!"

-Naz

SONLMMO = Standing (or sitting) On Nazaroth Laughing My Mane Off

Karrolanth

Aug 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/21/96

aran...@aol.com (Arangast9) wrote:

>In article <4vd6m5$3...@news-e2d.gnn.com>, rk...@gnn.com (Ray Koziel)
>writes:

>>>Karrie, getting out and about...

>>"Hiya Karrie! Sounds like you do need to get out more, something I can
>be
>>helpful with." :) Naz offers Karrie a mug of ale.
>>
>>-Naz

>"Hi Karrie and Naz, what a beautiful day." Arangast just finishing
>putting up the Volleyball net. Taking a big sip of his pina colada. "We
>ought to get out like this more often, maybe once the Deathgate thread is
>finished, and if we survive, we should do this more often." <grin>

> ~ Arangast ~

Hello, Arangast, good to see thee again! Aye, we should do this sort
of thing more often...'tis fun to be with thy friends, is it not?

--
Karrie

Karrolanth

Aug 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/21/96

rk...@gnn.com (Ray Koziel) wrote:

>In article <4vagp0$h...@news.cablenet.net> Karrolanth wrote:

>><Karrie hands over a large number of kebabs, and looks around with
>>interest.>
>>
>>I really ought to explore this land more...I had no idea there were
>>such lovely beaches!
>>--

>>Karrie, getting out and about...

>"Hiya Karrie! Sounds like you do need to get out more, something I can be
>helpful with." :) Naz offers Karrie a mug of ale.

>-Naz

Hello there, Ever-Helpful One! *grin* Ale? Oh, no; I think perhaps I
should stay off the alcohol for a while...*grin*...but thanks anyway!
*hugs*

--
Karrolanth Ammeryl, Sapphire dragoness of Concordia
(Please email replies...server daemons eat most of them!)

"Knowledge is silver, the wisdom to understand it is gold."
- Astinus of Krynn

Ipsifendous Archilochus

Aug 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/21/96
Now, now, you two, keep it clean! There are minors present, after
all... ;)

(I wonder what happened to the Fire Hose?...)
--Greffindel

--
ipsi...@iastate.edu

Arangast9

Aug 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/21/96

In article <4vf5us$k...@news-e2d.gnn.com>, rk...@gnn.com (Ray Koziel)
writes:

>Naz clunks Arangast on the head with his mug. "What do you mean 'if' we
>survive? We're going to do just fine!"
>
>-Naz

"Well, yeah... but every time we turner a corner, the enemy keeps getting
bigger and badder. (Arangast doing his Tom Hanks impression from Joe vs
the Volcano)

styraxian

Aug 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/21/96

>Nazaroth takes off, with Merlin on his tail (almost literally). As if
>ignoring Darius' warning, a portal forms in front of Naz. At the last
>second, Naz makes as if he is going to leap into the portal but flies above
>
>it instead. Caught off guard, Merlin zips throught the portal as it closes
>
>shut.
>
>"Now, how 'bout that?" Naz asks, staying in the air just to be safe.

A human in a black suit walks to the side of Naz. He looks up at the dragon

Ray Koziel

Aug 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/21/96

In article <4vdj09$e...@newsbf02.news.aol.com> Arangast9 wrote:
>"Hi Karrie and Naz, what a beautiful day." Arangast just finishing
>putting up the Volleyball net. Taking a big sip of his pina colada. "We
>ought to get out like this more often, maybe once the Deathgate thread is
>finished, and if we survive, we should do this more often." <grin>
>

> ~ Arangast ~
>208' Gold Dragon

Naz clunks Arangast on the head with his mug. "What do you mean 'if' we

vampire eyes/jude/winterhart

Aug 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/21/96

> "Hmmm...." Gov tries to think of a name of a Mexican tourista song
>for a second, then remembers. "Can't we all dance to _heeeeeeeyy,
>macarena_! Please?"

* rae ACKS!

hehehehe. (not a favourite of mine *grin*)

> Govorotan

>Beman family/E-Mail: bema...@gold.tc.umn.edu *
>It was his theory that occasionally, at three or thereabouts,
>there was a stillness in the world, as if everything all at
>once paused for breath, the hands of the clock ceased
>momentarily to move, and all things--men, women, and machines
>(for surely these were the components of the world)--paused to
>gather strength and energy to finish the day.
>Dale Bailey, _Fantasy and Science Fiction_, September, 1996
>"Before the Cranberries, there was Sinead O'Connor."
> - Rev 105, local alternative station

bema...@beman002.email.umn.edu

Aug 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/21/96

On Mon, 19 Aug 1996 04:19:56 -0400,
Izzy <iz...@tiac.net> wrote:

>winterhart wrote:
>>

>> >: "BIG BEACH BARBECUE AT ZEZHIAN'S LAIR! ALL OF ALFANDRIA WELCOME!!

>> >: C'MON OVER AND HAVE SOME FUN!"
>> >

>> >Tephra crawls out of the sand by Zezhian's lair. "Did you say

>> >barbeque? As in juicy burgers and sauce drenched ribs?" She

>> >looks down at the sand mutters "*hematite* sand?!"
>> >

>> as soon as she hears zezhian's shout raora flies over. "did someone say
>> barbecue?"
>>
>> offering everyone blue roses,
>
>*Sid pops in next to winterhart as she lands*
>"Yup, Zezhian's already fired up the grill" *He looks into his cooler*
>"Are you thirsty? I'm sure I'v got something in here that you'd like"
>

>____________________________________
>**Obsidious K'Ran **
>58' long Obsidian (Rock) dragon.
>and his travelling companion:
>**Izzy**
>8' long Fairy Obsidian dragon.
>**From the Elemental Plane of Earth**
>____________________________________

"WhoooooooopDEE! A BBBQ! I'm *there*!" Gov, winging his way to
Z's lair!"

vampire eyes/jude/winterhart

Aug 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/21/96

>*Sid looks inside, then reaches in and pulls out a dragon-sized bottle
>of Coke. He hands the coke to rae* "Ahhh, gotta love these
>cornucopia coolers. :8)

raora throws back her head and drains the bottle. "ah, thank you, i
needed that." :)

> I'd love a rose, thank you!" He smiles at
>her shyly", no ones given me a rose before :8)"

"i bet you've never tried eating one before either!" rae giggles.

Bryan Burma

Aug 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/21/96
to Zezhian Dragonfang

[M] "Whoops, didn't mean to hit the v-ball players. Did I hear ribs?
Merlin jumps off of Naz, and a loud UUUUUUFFFFF! can be heard. Merlin
stops just short of the grill, holding a plate. I'm ready for some of
those tasty looking ribs.
[Darius] So am I! replies Darius holding a plate as well.

> --
> + Zezhian's Overstuffed .SIG File V2.3 +
> X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X
> + Mr. Toomy stopped his pinstripe suit outside a barber shop, +
> X looked at his face, took off his jacket, put it on the pavement, X
> + stepped on it and started preaching like a monk from another world. +
> X - Yello: "3rd of June" X
> +X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+
> X Zez...@SUI.Ultranet.com | Zezhian Dragonfang
>
> Dragon Code v1: DC.O f+ s+ h++/---(VERY long story) Cblu/gr a $

Zezhian Dragonfang

Aug 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/21/96

In article <4vb6hg$e...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>,

burat...@aol.com (BuRaTh8519) wrote:

> Burath flies in and as the Chromatic makes introductions, he pulls
>several desserts out and sets them down near the rest of the food and
>wanders around the party place.

Ah! I knew I forgot something! Thanx, Burath!

Peace;

Kerm

Aug 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/22/96

In article <4vab7l$l...@news.ccit.arizona.edu>, ly...@raptor.LPL.Arizona.EDU
says...

>Zezhian Dragonfang (zez...@pictac.com) wrote:
>: In article <4v6do6$d...@news.ccit.arizona.edu>,

>: ly...@raptor.LPL.Arizona.EDU (Lynn Davis) wrote:
>
>: >: "BIG BEACH BARBECUE AT ZEZHIAN'S LAIR! ALL OF ALFANDRIA WELCOME!!
>: >: C'MON OVER AND HAVE SOME FUN!"
>: >
>: >Tephra crawls out of the sand by Zezhian's lair. "Did you say
>: >barbeque? As in juicy burgers and sauce drenched ribs?"
>
>: Greetings, Tephra! Welcome to my humble abode. (*zezhian puts another rack
of
>: ribs on the grill.) I've had the urge for some ribs for a few days now and
>: thought that since summer's nearly over, I might as well have a little
beach
>: party.

>"That's the one good thing about living in Arizona, it's barbeque season
>all year round." *grin*
>
>: >She looks down at the sand mutters "*hematite* sand?!"
>
>: And what's wrong with hematite sand? I think it gives the place a bit of
>: shimmering beauty.

>"It is pretty, but how are you managing to keep specular hematite stable
>in an active coastal environment?" Tephra studies the sand wondering
>*how* he does that. She sighs finally and decides that if he hasn't
>put a spell on it he must replace it every couple thousand years.
>
>: (*Zezhian turns over the rack of ribs and brushes on more sauce.) How do
you
>: like them done? Care for a drink? I run a dry bar, unfortunately; mostly
soda
>: and fruit drinks. I'll conjure up something stronger if one insists.
>
>"Well, please and I'd love a Coke."

Kerm rushes in with a huge cold coke for tephra *pant* *pant* here love *pant*
<hands it to teph and on acceptance colapses out of exhaustion of running>

Kerm the exhausted :PPPP

%
%
%
%

%
%
%
%
%
%
%

>%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
%

Tamlin

Aug 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/22/96

In article <321BA5...@mail.myriad.net>, Bryan Burma <ge...@mail.myriad.net> says:

>> Yow! The fish should talk! (*Zezhian eyes the huge evil-looking fish.)
>> I'm not cleaning it. ];=8) And who are you, oh Mighty Fisherdragon?
>>
>> "Oh. I'm called Tamlin McCollough, I couldn't help but noticing your
>> Words of Power--those were truly Great Names you were conjuring with.
>> Be careful--you never know what kind of freeloaders you'll bring..."
>>
>> Yeah... I almost cast that Freeloader's Spell, but I stopped myself. As for
>> Great Names of Power... Well, I wouldn't go as far to say _that._ Glad to
>> have you aboard!

"Whoever needed to cast a spell to conjure freeloaders? Set up a barbeque
pit, and you'll bring them out of the woodwork, and the sand, and the
ocean...Ooh! Volleyball!"

>> Hey! Watch it! You almost hit the volleyball players! Hi, Merlin! Care for
>> something? Do you prefer cooked or uncooked?
>> Ribs are over here by the way, Naz! Some chicken would be nice Got any El
>> Pollo Loco?

<Tamlin looks to the left, the right, sees that nobody's looking, and
quickly rattles off a prayer to Glakharm the Chicken God. A small hen
manifests, with a nameplate that says "HELLO MY NAME IS Sybil". Hopefully
nobody can link this one to him, except that there is now a patch of
scraggly grass around him as well...>

> [M] "Whoops, didn't mean to hit the v-ball players. Did I hear ribs?
>Merlin jumps off of Naz, and a loud UUUUUUFFFFF! can be heard. Merlin
>stops just short of the grill, holding a plate. I'm ready for some of
>those tasty looking ribs.
> [Darius] So am I! replies Darius holding a plate as well.

"Who's for moving the volleyball game into the water? Nobody? Oh.
I'm on Dymus's team!" Rule of thumb--when playing volleyball, side with
the dragon who **Bounces** best.

styraxian

Aug 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/22/96

> Now, now, you two, keep it clean! There are minors present, after
> all... ;)

Styraxian comes walking up with a dragon sized water balloon.(sp?)
"Will this do for the moment?"

Styraxian, remember the good old days of hosing couples....

Lynn Davis

Aug 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/22/96

Kerm (Ke...@mail.viacomcv.hybrid.com) wrote:

: >: >: "BIG BEACH BARBECUE AT ZEZHIAN'S LAIR! ALL OF ALFANDRIA WELCOME!!
: >: >: C'MON OVER AND HAVE SOME FUN!"

: Kerm rushes in with a huge cold coke for tephra *pant* *pant* here love *pant*

: <hands it to teph and on acceptance colapses out of exhaustion of running>

Tephra takes the Coke automatically and stares as Kerm collapses.
"We're *really* going to have to work on your stamina, dear."

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

% __________ % %
% .''. /___________ % %
% / @ ` // ' % Land of enchantment under my wings, %
% (',_/ | // ' % %
% | |// ,' % Songs of deliverance I've started %

% | `/ ,'___ % to sing, %

Arangast9

Aug 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/22/96

In article <4vfjo1$3...@news.cablenet.net>, s...@dunnjinn.cablenet.co.uk
(Karrolanth) writes:

>Hello, Arangast, good to see thee again! Aye, we should do this sort
>of thing more often...'tis fun to be with thy friends, is it not?
>
>--
>Karrie

"Yes it is" Arangast hits the volley ball over the net towards Karrie

~ Arangast ~
208' Gold Dragon

If you don't believe in dragons,

Ray Koziel

Aug 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/22/96

In article <4vg9q8$h...@newsbf02.news.aol.com> Arangast9 wrote:
>"Well, yeah... but every time we turner a corner, the enemy keeps getting
>bigger and badder. (Arangast doing his Tom Hanks impression from Joe vs
>the Volcano)
>

> ~ Arangast ~
>208' Gold Dragon

"Sorry Aranagst, I'm deprived and have never been able to see the movie in
full. But I think I've seen the beginning where Tom and everyone trudge
into that hellhole of a place to work about half a million times."

-Naz

Arangast9

Aug 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/22/96

In article <4vi6he$a...@news-e2b.gnn.com>, rk...@gnn.com (Ray Koziel)
writes:

>"Sorry Aranagst, I'm deprived and have never been able to see the movie

in
>full. But I think I've seen the beginning where Tom and everyone trudge
>into that hellhole of a place to work about half a million times."
>
>-Naz

"Oh Naz, you should really try and rent it or catch it on cable. It is a
lot of fun and a great movie."

~ Arangast ~
208' Gold Dragon

If you don't believe in dragons,

Sue Bogar

Aug 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/22/96

> >SONLMMO = Standing (or sitting) On Nazaroth Laughing My Mane Off
> >

> Now, now, you two, keep it clean! There are minors present, after
> all... ;)
>

> (I wonder what happened to the Fire Hose?...)
> --Greffindel

i hid it behind the Hot Tub .. i think we'd best go get it.. ;)

shim

---wiccan--dragon--elfkin--RML--philosopher--xx conspirator--artist--me---
Come away, O human child
To the waters and the wild Look, Raist, bunnies... ____
With a faerie, hand in hand \|><|\
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand \|\ |\

The end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of civilization
--R. W. Emerson

Zezhian Dragonfang

Aug 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/23/96

Bryan Burma <ge...@mail.myriad.net> wrote:

> [M] "Whoops, didn't mean to hit the v-ball players. Did I hear ribs?
>Merlin jumps off of Naz, and a loud UUUUUUFFFFF! can be heard. Merlin
>stops just short of the grill, holding a plate. I'm ready for some of
>those tasty looking ribs.

(*Zez slices off a hunk of ribs and sets them on Merlin's plate.) Enjoy!

> [Darius] So am I! replies Darius holding a plate as well.

(*Zez slices off another hunk of ribs and sets them on Darius' plate.) There's
always more!

(*Zez makes room on the grill for the Shark!) Ah! Grilled seafood... THAT'S
what's missing! (*He reaches in the Cornucopia(tm) cooler and retrieves a
clawful of (jumbo) shrimp. He tosses them on the grill. Inexplicably, he
starts humming "Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport".)

Peace;

+ Zezhian's Overstuffed .SIG File V3.0 +
X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X
+ For beauty, I am not a star. +
X There are others more handsome by far. X
+ But my face, I don't mind it; for I am behind it. +
X 'Tis the people in front get the jar! X
+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+
X Zez...@Pictac.com | Zezhian Dragonfang X

Bryan Burma

Aug 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/23/96
to Arangast9, rk...@gnn.com

Arangast9 wrote:

> In article <4vf5us$k...@news-e2d.gnn.com>, rk...@gnn.com (Ray Koziel)

> writes:
>
> >Naz clunks Arangast on the head with his mug. "What do you mean 'if' we
> >survive? We're going to do just fine!"
> >
> >-Naz
>
> "Well, yeah... but every time we turner a corner, the enemy keeps getting
> bigger and badder. (Arangast doing his Tom Hanks impression from Joe vs
> the Volcano)
>
> ~ Arangast ~
> 208' Gold Dragon
>
> If you don't believe in dragons,
> It is curiously true
> That the dragons you disparage,
> Choose to not believe in you.
>
> --by Jack Prelutsky

Wait a minute, Merlin need some more exercise? Arangast thinks we're
not going to make it in Deathgate.
[M] Oh, Arangast... You little unbeliever, you. Merlin starts chasing
Arangast.

(Remember, this just good, clean fun!)

Karrolanth

Aug 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/23/96

zez...@pictac.com (Zezhian Dragonfang) wrote:

>(*Zezhian, somewhat unprepared for the incomming flood of draconic activity,
>instantly gets behind in all postings!)

(Well, what else would thou expect, announcing a party like that!)

><A few moments later, the Sapphire dragoness lands in a flurry of
>wings near Zezhian's lair.>

>Greetings to thee, Zezhian! May I join thee? I have brought some
>vegetable kebabs (dragon-sized, of course!) to go with that
>delicious-smelling meat thee are cooking...

>I am charmed by your prescence, most Noble Blue dragoness; for the stone of
>my birth is the beautiful sapphire. Thank you for the gift of Kebabs!

Thou'rt quite welcome, and I thank thee for the compliment!

><Karrie hands over a large number of kebabs, and looks around with
>interest.>
>>I really ought to explore this land more...I had no idea there were
>>such lovely beaches!

>As I was explaining to Tephra, I have a soft spot for Hematite. It's so
>lovely when it's polished. And I love the look it gives to the place!

Aye, it certainly makes it a little out-of-the-ordinary!

>General silliness rules at this Summer party on the beach!

Oh, good!

--
Karrie, fond of being silly

bema...@beman002.email.umn.edu

Aug 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/23/96

"Gods above! Look at this thread!" Gov takes a few deep breaths,
stretches out, and starts wading through the jungle of words, posts,
replies, and nutty happenings.

*SLASH* *CHOMP* RIIIIIP!* *CRASH* *SWOOOOSH-CHUNK!* *SLASH*

>> Hey! Watch it! You almost hit the volleyball players! Hi, Merlin! Care for
>> something? Do you prefer cooked or uncooked?
>> Ribs are over here by the way, Naz! Some chicken would be nice Got any El
>> Pollo Loco?
>>
>> General silliness rules at this Summer party on the beach!
>>
>> Peace;
>>

> [M] "Whoops, didn't mean to hit the v-ball players. Did I hear ribs?
>Merlin jumps off of Naz, and a loud UUUUUUFFFFF! can be heard. Merlin
>stops just short of the grill, holding a plate. I'm ready for some of
>those tasty looking ribs.
> [Darius] So am I! replies Darius holding a plate as well.
>

>> --
>> + Zezhian's Overstuffed .SIG File V2.3 +
>

>Darius the Adamantium Dragon on AFD

*pant* *pant* Having read-and destroyed-that post, Gov arrives next
to the barbecue... starving! He waits 'till Merlin and Darius are
served, then talks. "Would you be terribly upset if I had the rest of
those? PLEEEAASE?!?!?" *drool* *drooool* Gov starts shaking
uncontrollably. "Aaaiieee! I'm losing control!" Gov grabs his right
arm with his left talon, trying to hold it back from the ribs.
Muscles bulge, and scales all over Gov's body raise themselves, as he
begins to look like a huge, golden, cornered cat.

Govorotan, going through his equivalent of the Gom-Jabbar

Tamlin

Aug 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/23/96

In article <4vke0r$4...@wizard.pn.com>, zez...@pictac.com (Zezhian Dragonfang) says:

>(*Zez makes room on the grill for the Shark!) Ah! Grilled seafood... THAT'S
>what's missing! (*He reaches in the Cornucopia(tm) cooler and retrieves a
>clawful of (jumbo) shrimp. He tosses them on the grill. Inexplicably, he
>starts humming "Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport".)
>
> Peace;

"Shrimp! I didn't even -think- of shrimp! And you know, they don't bite
like shark do. What a good idea!" Pause. "Has anybody ever tried grilling
jellyfish? It could be educational."

--Tamlin

Ray Koziel

Aug 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/23/96

In article <321C63...@bnr.ca> styraxian wrote:
>Styraxian comes walking up with a dragon sized water balloon.(sp?)
>"Will this do for the moment?"
>
>Styraxian, remember the good old days of hosing couples....

A bluish-green blur zips by Styraxian and suddenly Styraxian is covered
with water as the balloon pops.

-Naz

David Powell

Aug 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/24/96

: >: "BIG BEACH BARBECUE AT ZEZHIAN'S LAIR! ALL OF ALFANDRIA WELCOME!!
: >: C'MON OVER AND HAVE SOME FUN!"

Hmmmm... a BBQ? Yum, yum! <licking lips> Wots on the menu?

Marayong.
Sooner or later, our sun will grow old and burn out, whether it happens
in 100 years or a million years. And it won't just take us with it. It
will take Marilyn Monroe, Buddy Holly, ... And all of this - ALL of this
would have been for nothing, unless we go to the stars. (Babylon 5)
dra...@triode.net.au (David Powell, Sydney Australia)
http://www.triode.net.au/~dragon/www.html
dra...@sleeper.apana.org.au - http://sleeper.apana.org.au/ ...

Arangast9

Aug 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/24/96

In article <321DA4...@mail.myriad.net>, Bryan Burma
<ge...@mail.myriad.net> writes:

> Wait a minute, Merlin need some more exercise? Arangast thinks
we're
>not going to make it in Deathgate.
> [M] Oh, Arangast... You little unbeliever, you. Merlin starts
chasing
>Arangast.
>

>(Remember, this just good, clean fun!)
>--

Arangast laughs and scoops up Merlin and starts scratching Merlin in all
the favorite scratching spots until Merlin is purring up a storm and
smiling contentedly <smile>

Ray Koziel

Aug 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/24/96

In article <4vfjo3$3...@news.cablenet.net> Karrolanth wrote:
>Hello there, Ever-Helpful One! *grin* Ale? Oh, no; I think perhaps I
>should stay off the alcohol for a while...*grin*...but thanks anyway!
>*hugs*

"Very well then." Naz looks at the ale and it tranmogrifies into a tall
glass of iced tea. "Is this more suitable, Karrie?"

-Naz

Zezhian Dragonfang

Aug 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/24/96

In article <4vm1am$8...@iggy.triode.net.au>,

dra...@iggy.apana.org.au (David Powell) wrote:
>: >: "BIG BEACH BARBECUE AT ZEZHIAN'S LAIR! ALL OF ALFANDRIA WELCOME!!
>: >: C'MON OVER AND HAVE SOME FUN!"
>
>Hmmmm... a BBQ? Yum, yum! <licking lips> Wots on the menu?
>
>Marayong.

(*Zez, still wearing his stoopid-looking chef's hat and apron that says
"...And Some Days, The Dragon Eats YOU!" peers through the smoke of the BBQ
grill...)
Well! We've got ribs, hamburgers, frankfurters, a bit of linguica (for
me)... I knew the Aussies were coming, cuz I've just set some shrimp on the
grill. We've also got some shark steaks roasting merrily away!
I think I may have a Foster's in the eskee if that's your style. ];=8)
The ribs seem to be the popular dish of the day.
So... wot can I get you?

Peace;

+ Zezhian's Overstuffed .SIG File V1.2 +
X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X
+ "Women... You can't live with them, and you can't make them dress +
X in a skimpy little Nazi costume and beat you with warm squash." X
+ +
X - Emo Phillips X

David Powell

Aug 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/25/96

Zezhian Dragonfang <zez...@pictac.com> wrote:
: >Hmmmm... a BBQ? Yum, yum! <licking lips> Wots on the menu?

: Well! We've got ribs, hamburgers, frankfurters, a bit of linguica (for

: me)... I knew the Aussies were coming, cuz I've just set some shrimp on the
: grill. We've also got some shark steaks roasting merrily away!

Weeeell, I'm not partial to sea food (BTW, they are called prawns down
here, not shrimps. <g>). Got any lamb chops? I'm really partial to bbq'd
lamb! Even a whole one. <drool, drool>

: I think I may have a Foster's in the eskee if that's your style. ];=8)
Hmmm.. a lil touch of home. Ya gotta deal!

: The ribs seem to be the popular dish of the day.
Sounds like the chef's recommendation is tasty, so if ya dont have any
lamb on I'll take the ribs.

: Dragon Code v1: DC.O f+ s+ h++/---(VERY long story) Cblu/gr a $
*grin* The DC has made a come back eh? Have to dig up my copy, wherever I
put it.

Tad Ramspott

Aug 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/25/96

Zezhian Dragonfang (zez...@pictac.com) wrote:
: >
: >Hmmmm... a BBQ? Yum, yum! <licking lips> Wots on the menu?

: (*Zez, still wearing his stoopid-looking chef's hat and apron that says

: "...And Some Days, The Dragon Eats YOU!" peers through the smoke of the BBQ
: grill...)

<snip>
: So... wot can I get you?

Hey, sounds awesome. :) Can I get a rack or three of ribs? I
brought my own barbeque sauce }:>

Baxil

Tad Ramspott

Aug 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/25/96

David Powell (dra...@iggy.triode.net.au) wrote:
: *grin* The DC has made a come back eh? Have to dig up my copy, wherever I
: put it.

Actually, I put up a Web page with the dragon code information on
it. It doesn't look very pretty but the info's all there...

http://www.ecis.com/~ddragon/dragoncode.html

--Bax

., BAXIL's Stuffed Sig File 40' Green Halian (Terranian) Dragon
\ \ pron. (bach-HEEL) Fire Mage, Part-Time Bard, Student of Life.
\ ^~___ "Only 12 lines!" Official Welcome Weyr, Healer, XY Conspirator
^\ )~~----______ (tm) Brother of WalksFar, Sev, Lillieth, Zensis.
.(^-./ ., . ^~^-,
| | ~MMM ~, http://www.ecis.com/~ddragon/baxil.html
|___| }W |
|~_ ~ __ ^ | "If you can fill the unforgiving minute
| ~-____, ./-^ ^^\| With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
| |^~(^^~` The Earth is yours, & everything that's in it;
\ '| (. For dragon's blood flows in yours veins, my son!"
', ~) '| --Rudyard Kipling, Adapted.

Bryan Burma

Aug 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/25/96
to Sue Bogar

Sue Bogar wrote:

> > >SONLMMO = Standing (or sitting) On Nazaroth Laughing My Mane Off
> > >
> > Now, now, you two, keep it clean! There are minors present, after
> > all... ;)
> >
> > (I wonder what happened to the Fire Hose?...)
> > --Greffindel
>
> i hid it behind the Hot Tub .. i think we'd best go get it.. ;)

[Merlin] What are we doing thats so bad? I've been off of him for
days. Besides all I did was land on him, surely that's happened
before. I am LION, not a dragon. Sheesh, dragons can be so demanding,
just because they're older, some are wiser (NO, not all of you are),
they think they can pick on the smaller species. Give it a REST!

--

Ba-weep-granat-weep-ninnybon -Universal Greeting

Darius the Adamantium Dragon on AFD

Ray Koziel

Aug 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/25/96

In article <4vi6q0$m...@news.ccit.arizona.edu> Lynn Davis wrote:
>: Kerm rushes in with a huge cold coke for tephra *pant* *pant* here love
> *pant*
>: <hands it to teph and on acceptance colapses out of exhaustion of
> running>
>
>Tephra takes the Coke automatically and stares as Kerm collapses.
>"We're *really* going to have to work on your stamina, dear."

Naz looks on, an eyebrow raised and a smirk on his face.

-Naz

Zezhian Dragonfang

Aug 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/25/96

In article <87485.b...@beman002.email.umn.edu>,
"bema...@beman002.email.umn.edu" <bema...@beman002.email.umn.edu> wrote:

> "What do you mean, oh non-eclectic wierdo? Calamari is some of the
>tastiest stuff ever invented!! Alongside raw octopus! Only had that
>once, though, dammit."
>
> Govorotan, who's serious about the raw octupus thing.

I guess it's an acquired taste. If you _really_ want to see me seriously
squick, show me some head cheese...and completely FORGET blood pudding!
I don't think I'd have the nerve to try fried Calimari, let alone RAW
octopus. I'll leave that for someone braver.

Peace;
(...who thinks he's starting to taste like chicken.)

Zezhian Dragonfang

Aug 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/25/96

All is going well at the BBQ-Beach Party, when Zez hears an exasperated cry
come from above the din:

> "Gods above! Look at this thread!"
>
>*SLASH* *CHOMP* RIIIIIP!* *CRASH* *SWOOOOSH-CHUNK!* *SLASH*
>
>>> Hey! Watch it! You almost hit the volleyball players!
>
> *pant* *pant* Having read-and destroyed-that post, Gov arrives next
>to the barbecue... starving! He waits 'till Merlin and Darius are
>served, then talks. "Would you be terribly upset if I had the rest of
>those? PLEEEAASE?!?!?" *drool* *drooool* Gov starts shaking
>uncontrollably. "Aaaiieee! I'm losing control!" Gov grabs his right
>arm with his left talon, trying to hold it back from the ribs.
>Muscles bulge, and scales all over Gov's body raise themselves, as he
>begins to look like a huge, golden, cornered cat.
>
> Govorotan, going through his equivalent of the Gom-Jabbar

(*Zez, seeing the obvious distress a lack of BBQ sauce can make on a
desperate dragon, oaths quite colourfully: "Mother of Dragons in a sidecar
with jimmies and a lobster bib!")
The ribs are about medium, but you're wel...

(*Gov snatches the entire rack of ribs from the grill and starts gnawing on
them happily; making lots of "yummy" noises and getting sauce all over his
snout.)

..come to them.
(*Zez puts yet another two rack o'ribs on the grill and checks on the fish.)
I LOVE this place! (*Zez starts munching on his linguica sandwich.)

Peace;
(...who's learning to overcome his shyness and reserve.)

Zezhian Dragonfang

Aug 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/25/96

In article <Pine.SGI.3.91.960822...@umbc9.umbc.edu>,

Sue Bogar <sbo...@gl.umbc.edu> wrote:
>> (I wonder what happened to the Fire Hose?...)
>> --Greffindel
>
>i hid it behind the Hot Tub .. i think we'd best go get it.. ;)
>
>shim

Hot tub? I didn't even know I _HAD_ a hot tub! ];=8)
Fancy that! I have a better lair than I thought.

Peace;
(...who should really look around the place now and then.)

Arangast9

Aug 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/25/96

In article <4vnj5l$e...@wizard.pn.com>, zez...@pictac.com (Zezhian
Dragonfang) writes:

>(*Zez, still wearing his stoopid-looking chef's hat and apron that says
>"...And Some Days, The Dragon Eats YOU!" peers through the smoke of the
BBQ
>grill...)

> Well! We've got ribs, hamburgers, frankfurters, a bit of linguica
(for
>me)... I knew the Aussies were coming, cuz I've just set some shrimp on
the
>grill. We've also got some shark steaks roasting merrily away!

> I think I may have a Foster's in the eskee if that's your style.
];=8)

>The ribs seem to be the popular dish of the day.

> So... wot can I get you?
>

> Peace;

Arangast coming back after making a rib run. "The way the ribs are going
I thought you maybe needed more." Arangast passing Zezhian a huge platter
piled high with ribs.

Oberdorfer

Aug 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/25/96

>Arangast coming back after making a rib run. "The way the ribs are
going
>I thought you maybe needed more." Arangast passing Zezhian a huge
platter
>piled high with ribs.

"RIBS? Did I hear 'ribs'???" Drekana drops to the ground and licks
her chops. "Are there any for me?" *hungry grin*

Drekana Fireheart, Demonslayer

Ray Koziel

Aug 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/25/96

In article <4vke0r$4...@wizard.pn.com> Zezhian Dragonfang wrote:
>(*Zez makes room on the grill for the Shark!) Ah! Grilled seafood...
> THAT'S
>what's missing! (*He reaches in the Cornucopia(tm) cooler and retrieves a
>clawful of (jumbo) shrimp. He tosses them on the grill. Inexplicably, he
>starts humming "Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport".)
>
> Peace;

Ah! Shrimp on the barby! I could go for some of those when they're ready.

-Naz

Lynn Davis

Aug 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/26/96

Ray Koziel (rk...@gnn.com) wrote:

: > *pant*

: >: <hands it to teph and on acceptance colapses out of exhaustion of
: > running>
: >
: >Tephra takes the Coke automatically and stares as Kerm collapses.
: >"We're *really* going to have to work on your stamina, dear."
: >
: Naz looks on, an eyebrow raised and a smirk on his face.

Tephra smirks back at Naz. "Blizzard probably has some stamina
increasing exercise for *you*"
__________
.''. /___________
/ @ ` // ' Land of enchantment under my wings,
(',_/ | // ' Songs of deliverance I've started
| |// ,' to sing,
| `/ ,'___ Freedom from the bonds that bind,
| | ,' `. Screams of joy from my mind.
_| \
,/ \_____________/ |\ -- Tephra
| \ / |
\ `----------------' / (Mate to be of the *very* handsome Kerm)
`.__________________,'

WILCKEN

Aug 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/26/96

Zezhian Dragonfang (zez...@pictac.com) wrote:
: Another lazy day in Alfandria. Zezhian, the ocean dragon, swims up to
[ .. ]
[...]

"Charlie Sheen, Ben Vereen, Shrink to the size of a Lima Bean!"
:)

: --
: + Zezhian's Overstuffed .SIG File V3.0 +

: X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X
: + For beauty, I am not a star. +
: X There are others more handsome by far. X
: + But my face, I don't mind it; for I am behind it. +

: X 'Tis the people in front get the jar! X

: +X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+
: X Zez...@Pictac.com | Zezhian Dragonfang

: Dragon Code v1: DC.O f+ s+ h++/---(VERY long story) Cblu/gr a $

--
--Greffindel the Plaid

/\/ \/ \/\ "So he says, I don't like the cut of your jib--
/ ( O O ) \ So I says, It's the only jib I've got!"
/ */\_/\_/\__\_ --The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight, in
/ *( o \ "The Tick vs. The Tick"
|*\ --v-v-v-v |
\*\==\ "Do you believe in a love at first sight?"
\*\==\ "Yes, I'm certain that it happens all the time."
.sig |*|==| "What do you see when you turn out the lights?"
V2.0 |*|==| "I can't tell you but I know it's mine..." -you know who. :)

WILCKEN

Aug 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/26/96

Sue Bogar (sbo...@gl.umbc.edu) wrote:

: > >
: > >SONLMMO = Standing (or sitting) On Nazaroth Laughing My Mane Off
: > >
: > Now, now, you two, keep it clean! There are minors present, after
: > all... ;)

: >
: > (I wonder what happened to the Fire Hose?...)
: > --Greffindel

: i hid it behind the Hot Tub .. i think we'd best go get it.. ;)
:
: shim

I think we'd best! Especially what with that other bunch over there
talking of mounting jackelopes.. :)

: ---wiccan--dragon--elfkin--RML--philosopher--xx conspirator--artist--me---

: Come away, O human child
: To the waters and the wild Look, Raist, bunnies... ____
: With a faerie, hand in hand \|><|\
: For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand \|\ |\

: The end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of civilization
: --R. W. Emerson

bema...@beman002.email.umn.edu

Aug 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/26/96

On Sun, 25 Aug 96 12:42:12 GMT,
Zezhian Dragonfang <zez...@pictac.com > wrote:

>In article <4vkovo$g...@news.ccit.arizona.edu>,
> ly...@raptor.LPL.Arizona.EDU (Lynn Davis) wrote:
>>
>>"My tastes are fairly eclectic as well, there's only a few Jimmy Buffet
>>songs that I actualy like. I've got everything from Chopin to NIN. "
>>
>You too? (I have Chopin's "Heroic" Polonaise on a 78rpm record...and "The
>Downward Spiral" on CD. Talk about a contrast in media!)
>
>But, my more common tastes lie in XTC, Synergy, !!VAN der GRAAF GENERATOR!!
>(the only group I will prostrate my entire length for (*Zez demonstrates)),
>Anthony Phillips, Renaissance... the list goes on. Ever hear Renaissance?
>Annie Haslam makes my dragon heart melt like butter. (sigh)
>

>>Tephra snags a rack of ribs and commences getting saucy physically to
>>go with her saucy mentality.
>>
>(*Zez enjoys watching people enjoy his cooking!)
>I should have done this AGES ago! ]:=8D
>
> Peace;
>
>--
>X Zezhian's Overstuffed .SIG File V1.0 X
>+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+
>X "Dreams, Hopes and Promises - fragments out of Time. All of these X
>+ things have been spoken; but still you don't understand how it +
>X feels when I'm waiting for them to be broken." - from the song X
>+ 'My Room (Waiting for Wonderland)' by Van der Graaf Generator +
>X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X
>+ Zez...@Pictac.com | Zezhian Dragonfang +

>Dragon Code v1: DC.O f+ s+ h++/---(VERY long story) Cblu/gr a $

"Yah, you should see my collection! It goes something like: Enya,
NIN, REM, White Zombie, Jefferson Airplane, Nada Surf, Bob Marley, and
so on. No Gangsta Rap, though, thank god! There is some Beasties,
but that's ok."

Govorotan, late for school and he doesn't wanna GO!
he asks his mom PLEASE but she still says NO!

dammit

Beman family/E-Mail: bema...@gold.tc.umn.edu * *REM
********************************************************** *Enya
It was his theory that occasionally, at three or thereabouts,*STP
there was a stillness in the world, as if everything all at *Bush
once paused for breath, the hands of the clock ceased *Spacehog
momentarily to move, and all things--men, women, and machines*7M3
(for surely these were the components of the world)--paused to*Weezer
gather strength and energy to finish the day. *Skank Pickle
Dale Bailey, _Fantasy and Science Fiction_, September, 1996*these are
----------------------------------------------------------*a few of my
"Before the Cranberries, there was Sinead O'Connor."*favorite things!

Ray Koziel

Aug 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/26/96

In article <4vr4fh$8...@raven.cc.ukans.edu> WILCKEN wrote:
>I think we'd best! Especially what with that other bunch over there
>talking of mounting jackelopes.. :)

"Why y'all lookin' at me? I ain't that kind of dragon anymore!" Naz
comments as he points to the ball and chain attached to his leg.

-Naz

Styraxian

Aug 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/26/96

Ray Koziel (rk...@gnn.com) wrote:

Styraxion shakes a bit with water droplets flying everwhere. Styraxian
then turns back to the conversation....

Styraxian, the dragon moving home. :)
--
Time is a sticky web
Everyone is caught in.

Karrolanth

Aug 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/26/96

rk...@gnn.com (Ray Koziel) wrote:

>-Naz

Much better, thanks! Shall we go and get some ribs, before that
greedy lot eat them all?! *grin*

--
Karrie, feeling hungry.

Tamlin

Aug 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/26/96

In article <4voobg$2...@iggy.triode.net.au>, dra...@iggy.triode.net.au (David Powell) says:

>Weeeell, I'm not partial to sea food (BTW, they are called prawns down
>here, not shrimps. <g>). Got any lamb chops? I'm really partial to bbq'd
>lamb! Even a whole one. <drool, drool>

"Glad to hear it! I -know- I didn't bring enough for more than five
dragons." Pause. "Sure, you can magic up seafood, but it never tastes
right, and then there's the fish smell that lingers for weeks and weeks..."
Tamlin eyes the barbeque pit in salivatous anticipation.

Lynn Davis

Aug 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/26/96

bema...@beman002.email.umn.edu (bema...@beman002.email.umn.edu) wrote:
: Zezhian Dragonfang <zez...@pictac.com > wrote:

: > ly...@raptor.LPL.Arizona.EDU (Lynn Davis) wrote:
: >>
[...]

"I have the soundtrack to Dangerous Minds, but that is all for Gangsta
rap, but I *do* have some rap in my collection." Tephra looks through
her tapes and finds the notorious gad gift....Vanila Ice. "If I didn't
really like the person that gave this to me it would be out the window!"

bema...@beman002.email.umn.edu

Aug 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/26/96

>> :>: But, my more common tastes lie in XTC, Synergy, !!VAN der GRAAF GENERATOR!!

>> :>: (the only group I will prostrate my entire length for (*Zez demonstrates)),
>> :>: Anthony Phillips, Renaissance... the list goes on. Ever hear Renaissance?
>> :>: Annie Haslam makes my dragon heart melt like butter. (sigh)
>> :>
>> :>My more common choices are Metallica, Whitesnake, Def Lepard, Melissa
>> :>Etheridge, and Alanis Morrisette. Um, that still an unusual combo, isn't
>> :>it? *giggle* I heard some wonderful Celtic music on PBS the other day,
>> :>so I'm hunting down some tapes. (Some one that *knows* music help me out?)
>>
>> : Megadeth! Metallica! Aerosmith! (So, sue me) Def Leppard! CCR!
>> : Jazz! Celtic music! WHoa, are thes different, or what!?
>>
>> Well, I agree with all but the Jazz, how 'bout some blues?
>

> Blues works as well! ANd a little White Zombie, especially 'The One'!

Gov, finding an air guitar in his talons starts out on 'Black
Sunshine' "All music besides rap is good, basicly. Rule of life.
There are a few exceptions to every rule, but hey, exceptions to every
rule exist."

>> ,/ \_____________/ |\ -- Tephra
>> | \ / |
>> \ `----------------' / (Mate to be of the *very* handsome Kerm)
>> `.__________________,'
>

>--

>Darius the Adamantium Dragon on AFD

Govorotan, who, strangely enough, canot *stand* rage against the
machine

Beman family/E-Mail: bema...@gold.tc.umn.edu * *REM
********************************************************** *Enya
It was his theory that occasionally, at three or thereabouts,*STP
there was a stillness in the world, as if everything all at *Bush
once paused for breath, the hands of the clock ceased *Spacehog

momentarily to move, and all things--men, women, and machines*Beasties

(for surely these were the components of the world)--paused to*Weezer
gather strength and energy to finish the day. *Skank Pickle

Dale Bailey, _Fantasy and Science Fiction_, September, 1996*Live
----------------------------------------------------------*these are a
"Before the Cranberries, there was Sinead O'Connor."*a few of my
- Rev 105, local alternative station *favourite things

iz...@tiac.net

Aug 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/27/96

rk...@gnn.com (Ray Koziel) wrote:

>In article <4vi6q0$m...@news.ccit.arizona.edu> Lynn Davis wrote:
>>: Kerm rushes in with a huge cold coke for tephra *pant* *pant* here love

>> *pant*
>>: <hands it to teph and on acceptance colapses out of exhaustion of
>> running>
>>
>>Tephra takes the Coke automatically and stares as Kerm collapses.
>>"We're *really* going to have to work on your stamina, dear."
>>
>Naz looks on, an eyebrow raised and a smirk on his face.

>-Naz

Just think Naz...now you'll be doing that for Blizzard! :8)
__________________________________
**Obsidious K'Ran **
58' long Obsidian (Rock) dragon.
Currently Mate impaired...
__________________________________

Zezhian Dragonfang

Aug 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/27/96

In article <4vst2r$n...@geraldo.cc.utexas.edu>,

Right! Lamb... With or without lanolin?... ahh...I'll just whip it up...

(*Zez cracks his knuckles and get down to conjuring...)
"Mary had a little lamb...
A little pork...
A little jam...
A little egg on toast...
A little potted roast...
A little stew with dumplings white...
Too bad Mary didn't have much of an appitite."
(*After his sesquipedalian circumlocution, he reaches into the Cornucopia
Cooler(tm) and pulls out some lamb chops and ribs and sets them to cook on the
grill.)
Hey! I don't have a spell for *everything*!

Peace;

+ Zezhian's Overstuffed .SIG File V3.1 +
X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X
+ Watership Down: +
X You've read the book... X
+ You've seen the movie.... +
X Now eat the stew. X
+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+
X Zez...@Pictac.com | Zezhian Dragonfang X

Dragon Code v1 : DC.O f+ s+ h++/---(VERY long story) Cblu/gr a $

Furry Code v1.2: FDDh5a/F~ArC2w A- C+ D H M- P R+/++ T W>*/+ Z+
(Sm?/Sm?) RLRB a+ ca++/w d-- e+ f- h*+ i+ p*>+ sm-

Zezhian Dragonfang

Aug 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/27/96

In article <87467.b...@beman002.email.umn.edu>,

"bema...@beman002.email.umn.edu" <bema...@beman002.email.umn.edu> wrote:
>>(*Gov snatches the entire rack of ribs from the grill and starts gnawing on
>>them happily; making lots of "yummy" noises and getting sauce all over his
>>snout.)
>>
>>...come to them.

>>(*Zez puts yet another two rack o'ribs on the grill and checks on the fish.)
>>I LOVE this place! (*Zez starts munching on his linguica sandwich.)
>>
>> Peace;
>>(...who's learning to overcome his shyness and reserve.)
>> (good!) <g>
>
> "AAAAHHH!! I *needed* that!" With a great big *SLLLUUURRPP!*,
>Gov licks off his snout, leaving the rest of the head covered in
>brownish-red sauce. Softly chuckling at first, Zez is quickly reduced
>to gales of laughter by Gov's appearance, head half BBQ, half
>glistening, golden scales. Gov spreads his wings slightly, leans back
>on his tail, and puts talons on hips, looking confused. "What??"
>
> Govorotan

Methinks thou needs a "wet-nap"! BWWAAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAA! (*Zezhian thinks
that Govorotan looks like he now has a ski mask on)OOooo! Are ya gonna rob me,
Mr. Burgler? Please, oh please, SPARE the RIBS! (*Zez is reduced to laughter
again... and it is a sad thing when a dragon is reduced to laugh at his own
jokes... but he doesn't care!)

Peace;
(...who is using he brand new sig more than once!)

Karrolanth

Aug 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/27/96

zez...@pictac.com (Zezhian Dragonfang) wrote:

>(*Zez puts yet another two rack o'ribs on the grill and checks on the fish.)
>I LOVE this place! (*Zez starts munching on his linguica sandwich.)

> Peace;
>(...who's learning to overcome his shyness and reserve.)

<Karrolanth grins broadly at Zezhian>

I am so glad to hear that! I have had the same problem...I have been
here about five months now, but it took me two or three of those to
gain enough confidence to join in more often. Life is much more fun
these days... *grin* *huggles*

--
Karrie, not so shy now.

Karrolanth

Aug 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/27/96

ly...@raptor.LPL.Arizona.EDU (Lynn Davis) wrote:

>Kerm (Ke...@mail.viacomcv.hybrid.com) wrote:

>: >: >: "BIG BEACH BARBECUE AT ZEZHIAN'S LAIR! ALL OF ALFANDRIA WELCOME!!

>: >: >: C'MON OVER AND HAVE SOME FUN!"

>: Kerm rushes in with a huge cold coke for tephra *pant* *pant* here love *pant*

>: <hands it to teph and on acceptance colapses out of exhaustion of running>

>Tephra takes the Coke automatically and stares as Kerm collapses.
>"We're *really* going to have to work on your stamina, dear."

<Karrie glances down at Kerm, feeling a little sorry for him.>

THAT sounds rather like a threat, to me! *grin*

--
Karrie

Ray Koziel

Aug 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/27/96

In article <4vr1fc$e...@news.ccit.arizona.edu> Lynn Davis wrote:
>Tephra smirks back at Naz. "Blizzard probably has some stamina
>increasing exercise for *you*"

"I'll have you know I am quite fit and can take whatever can be dished
out."

-Naz

bema...@beman002.email.umn.edu

Aug 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/27/96

>Methinks thou needs a "wet-nap"! BWWAAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAA! (*Zezhian thinks
>that Govorotan looks like he now has a ski mask on)OOooo! Are ya gonna rob me,
>Mr. Burgler? Please, oh please, SPARE the RIBS! (*Zez is reduced to laughter
>again... and it is a sad thing when a dragon is reduced to laugh at his own
>jokes... but he doesn't care!)
>
> Peace;
>(...who is using he brand new sig more than once!)
>
>--
>+ Zezhian's Overstuffed .SIG File V3.1 +

"Errr... What are you laughing at??" Z, laughing to hard to say
anything, simply grips his sides. "All right, be that way!" Gov
grabs the bbq sauce, and upends it all over Z. "How do you like that?"

Govorotan

Zezhian Dragonfang

Aug 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/27/96

OOOO!!!!!!
(*Zez immediately picks up his magic CD remote control and hits a few buttons.
Suddenly, the stereo starts playing the "Flood" CD from They Might Be
Giants...)

"I lost my lucky ball and chain
Now she's four years gone...
She's five feet tall and sick of me
and all my rattling on..."

Peace;
(...who likes all the TMBG albums except "John Henry" (not one memorable song
on it.))

Dymus

Aug 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/28/96

rk...@gnn.com (Ray Koziel) wrote:

*Dymus looks up at the title of this thread and decides that it looks
very much like a game show title to him.*

Player1: Ted I'll take awful smells for a thousand.
Ted: Well, then Player1 you get to go to the scent-o-rama booth!
<<Audience Cheers>>
<Player1 goes into the scent-o-rama booth and is blindfolded while a
stage hand puts some nasty concoction in a small box adjacent to him>
Ted: Well, player one identify that aroma!
Player1: Oh, I know this one, *sniff* *sniff* Ohhh, I remember this
back at home. Darn it, I know I can remember this.
Ted: we need your answer player1 what's it going to be?
Player1: I know it's cow dung mixed with lemon juice and skunk oil!!!
<<Audience cheers louder>>
Ted: That's CORRECT!! Marty, tell him what he's won.

Marty: Player1, you've just won yourself a lifetime supply of Lysol,
and a trip to the New York Landfill!!

Dymus being silly

Player1: Great, now could you get me out of here.

--
alp...@holly.colostate.edu
http://holly.colostate.edu/~alpine/dymus.html

I'm not hyper, just lethargically challenged
Bad? I'm not bad, a little mischevious maybe,
but certainly not bad.

Nancy Elder

Aug 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/28/96

Zezhian Dragonfang <zez...@pictac.com> wrote:
: OOOO!!!!!!

: (*Zez immediately picks up his magic CD remote control and hits a few buttons.
: Suddenly, the stereo starts playing the "Flood" CD from They Might Be
: Giants...)
:
: "I lost my lucky ball and chain
: Now she's four years gone...
: She's five feet tall and sick of me
: and all my rattling on..."
:
: (...who likes all the TMBG albums except "John Henry" (not one memorable song
: on it.))

"Triangle man, trangle man,
doin' the things that a trangle can."

NOW CAN SOMEONE EXPLANE THIS SONG TO ME!!!!!???? I spent
six months drifting in the sea of forgetfulness trying to figure this song
out. Not a clue. --
/*/* Ever Changing *\*\
<*<* Scholari Knowledgeseeker *>*>
\*\* A Curious Mercury */*/
Using this Address through the grace of my Queen
"they might be giants, BOOY" my ffavorite off that cd, which ever one it
was.

Zezhian Dragonfang

Aug 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/28/96

In article <87478.b...@beman002.email.umn.edu>,

"bema...@beman002.email.umn.edu" <bema...@beman002.email.umn.edu> wrote:

> "Errr... What are you laughing at??" Z, laughing to hard to say
>anything, simply grips his sides. "All right, be that way!" Gov
>grabs the bbq sauce, and upends it all over Z. "How do you like that?"
>
> Govorotan

(*Zezhian, the ocean dragon, discovering that he has been *splorted* with BBQ
sauce by a sauce-covered gold dwaggin...snickeres again.)
Oh! Lovely! What are ya gonna do now... GRILL me? BWAAAHAAAA!
(*He suddenly shuts up because he's just realised that he's standing next to
an active BBQ grill.) Ummm... You wouldn't cook the cook...would you?
(*He gestures a few times and a moist towel appears in his left hand.) Here...
go clean up.

Peace;

+ Zezhian's Overstuffed .SIG File V2.1 +
X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X
+ Memorable lines from "Dragonheart" - Volume 1 +
X X
+ "Could you get your buttocks off my tongue?" +
X - Draco X
+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+
X Zez...@SUI.UltraNet.COM | Zezhian Dragonfang X

bema...@beman002.email.umn.edu

Aug 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/28/96

>"I have the soundtrack to Dangerous Minds, but that is all for Gangsta
>rap, but I *do* have some rap in my collection." Tephra looks through
>her tapes and finds the notorious gad gift....Vanila Ice. "If I didn't
>really like the person that gave this to me it would be out the window!"
> __________
> ,/ \_____________/ |\ -- Tephra
(Do you know, I think I'm the only person that *can* snip this .sig)

*shudder* "Yeuch. You know, 'accidents' happen sometimes,
especially when they might preserve ones sanity..."

Greffindel

Aug 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/29/96

Lynn Davis (ly...@raptor.LPL.Arizona.EDU) wrote:

: bema...@beman002.email.umn.edu (bema...@beman002.email.umn.edu) wrote:
: : Zezhian Dragonfang <zez...@pictac.com > wrote:
: : > ly...@raptor.LPL.Arizona.EDU (Lynn Davis) wrote:
: : >>
: : >>"My tastes are fairly eclectic as well, there's only a few Jimmy Buffet

: : "Yah, you should see my collection! It goes something like: Enya,

: : NIN, REM, White Zombie, Jefferson Airplane, Nada Surf, Bob Marley, and
: : so on. No Gangsta Rap, though, thank god! There is some Beasties,
: : but that's ok."

: "I have the soundtrack to Dangerous Minds, but that is all for Gangsta

: rap, but I *do* have some rap in my collection." Tephra looks through
: her tapes and finds the notorious gad gift....Vanila Ice. "If I didn't
: really like the person that gave this to me it would be out the window!"

I've come to greatly enjoy Weird Al Yankovic's parody of the thing from
Dangerous Minds (I think that's the movie it was from):

Amish Paradise.

: __________

: .''. /___________
: / @ ` // ' Land of enchantment under my wings,
: (',_/ | // ' Songs of deliverance I've started
: | |// ,' to sing,
: | `/ ,'___ Freedom from the bonds that bind,
: | | ,' `. Screams of joy from my mind.
: _| \

: ,/ \_____________/ |\ -- Tephra

: | \ / |
: \ `----------------' / (Mate to be of the *very* handsome Kerm)
: `.__________________,'

--
--Greffindel the Plaid, just going back to the Beatles.

Lynn Davis

Aug 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/29/96

: > __________

: > ,/ \_____________/ |\ -- Tephra
: (Do you know, I think I'm the only person that *can* snip this .sig)

: *shudder* "Yeuch. You know, 'accidents' happen sometimes,

I guess people like it then. *grin*

: especially when they might preserve ones sanity..."

: Govorotan

That they do Gov, but I might have trouble explaining why only 'Ice'
bit it. So there it sits, and there it stays. never played.

Ray Koziel

Aug 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/29/96

In article <4vsle7$h...@news.cablenet.net> Karrolanth wrote:
>Much better, thanks! Shall we go and get some ribs, before that
>greedy lot eat them all?! *grin*
>
>--
>Karrie, feeling hungry.

"Yes! Let's get some...after you!"

-Naz

Zezhian Dragonfang

Aug 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/30/96

In article <500d5j$i...@thor.cmp.ilstu.edu>,

nae...@rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu (Nancy Elder) wrote:

> "Triangle man, trangle man,
> doin' the things that a trangle can."
>
> NOW CAN SOMEONE EXPLANE THIS SONG TO ME!!!!!???? I spent
>six months drifting in the sea of forgetfulness trying to figure this song
>out. Not a clue. --

Actually, it's "Particle Man" from the "Flood" CD. From what I gather, it's a
song about goofy superheroes. I don't know what Triangle Man's powers are, but
I wish I had them; he beats everybody!
I had been thinking on that song this morning (after I made a new reel of tape
with TMBG on it...I LOVE 7" reel-to-reel tape!! For that matter, I'm
listening to it as I write this). The song itself may lead into heavy
discussion on a subject that would be SEVERELY off-topic. ("Triangle Man"
being the U.S. President, "Person Man" as a homeless person, etc.)

>"they might be giants, BOOY" my ffavorite off that cd, which ever one it
>was.

That song was also off "Flood." It was one of their best albums.
Unfortunately, their "John Henry" album bores me to tears. I hope they snap
out of whatever funk they're in.
Hmmm... talk about "off-topic"...

Peace;

+ Zezhian's Overstuffed .SIG File V2.0 +
X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X
+ All the world's a stage and we are merely players...except me. +
X I don't have an Actor's Guild card. X
+ Go fig. +
X X
+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+
X Zez...@Pictac.COM | Zezhian Dragonfang X

Shadowdragon (Chris B.)

Aug 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/30/96

On Thu, 29 Aug 1996, Ray Koziel wrote:

> Date: Thu, 29 AUG 1996 14:24:25
> From: Ray Koziel <rk...@gnn.com>
> Newgroups: alt.fan.dragons
> Subject: Re: What's that aroma? }:=8d

*upon the utterance of the word 'ribs' by Karrie all dragons in the
vicinity hear a slight rumble getting louder.Shadow come running up at
near the speed of sound, but unfortunately he trips and goes skidding
across the ground leaving a groove in the ground for a couple hundred
yards.*

*stopping right at Naz's feet, He hops up apparently not hurt at all*

"Didyousayribs! Yumyumyumyumyumyumyum! {Intense licking of lips} I
looooooooooove ribs! I could live on ribs alone! All hail the mighty ribs!

O.K. Now that I've made a complete fool of myself, lead the way to
the ribs.

-Shadow the rib-loving .sig-less dragon

Greffindel

Aug 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/31/96

Dymus (alp...@holly.colostate.edu) wrote:
: rk...@gnn.com (Ray Koziel) wrote:

: >In article <4vke0r$4...@wizard.pn.com> Zezhian Dragonfang wrote:
: >>(*Zez makes room on the grill for the Shark!) Ah! Grilled seafood...

: >Ah! Shrimp on the barby! I could go for some of those when they're ready.

: *Dymus looks up at the title of this thread and decides that it looks
: very much like a game show title to him.*

: Player1: Ted I'll take awful smells for a thousand.
: Ted: Well, then Player1 you get to go to the scent-o-rama booth!

: Dymus being silly

: Player1: Great, now could you get me out of here.

Reminds me of a Satuyrday Night Live sketch... :) For the grand prize
the winner of the day had to identify pure carbon monoxide...

: --
: alp...@holly.colostate.edu
: http://holly.colostate.edu/~alpine/dymus.html

: I'm not hyper, just lethargically challenged
: Bad? I'm not bad, a little mischevious maybe,
: but certainly not bad.

--
--Greffindel the Plaid

Ray Koziel

Aug 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/31/96

In article <Pine.SOL.3.91.960830...@ux4.cso.uiuc.edu>

Shadowdragon (Chris B.) wrote:
> "Didyousayribs! Yumyumyumyumyumyumyum! {Intense licking of lips} I
>looooooooooove ribs! I could live on ribs alone! All hail the mighty ribs!
>
> O.K. Now that I've made a complete fool of myself, lead the way to
>the ribs.
>
> -Shadow the rib-loving .sig-less dragon

"Just follow your snout! It'll sniff 'em out!" Naz suddenly realizes he
just sounded like a corny cereal commercial jingle. "They're right here on
the grill...mmmmm...delicious!"

-Naz

Greffindel

Aug 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/31/96

[...]

Although when interviewed, John and John have generally resisted
'interpretations' and 'explanations' of their songs, preferring to
encourage listeners to take them at face value, and if at face value
what comes out is word salad, that's just fine. :)

: >"they might be giants, BOOY" my ffavorite off that cd, which ever one it
: >was.
And what are we gonna do unless they are...

: That song was also off "Flood." It was one of their best albums.

: Unfortunately, their "John Henry" album bores me to tears. I hope they snap
: out of whatever funk they're in.
: Hmmm... talk about "off-topic"...

: Peace;
: Z

Echoes of disappointment in John Henry-- and I think I know part of
the problem. Back when it was just John and John, they were sort of
forced to come up with cool new ways to use their synthesizers and
things, and/or occasionally get a friend to walk in and do a track for
them. So there was always a great deal of variety, and the sounds
were never conventional Rock-Band sounds 'cos there was no band.
Now that they've got regular back-up, the sound is much more
homogeneous (like milk-- only different!) from track to track, and
much less distinctively Giants. But there was some good stuff on
there. "O Do Not Forsake Me" goes through my head periodically.
"Meet James Ensor" asnd "Sleeping in the Flowers" are good Giants fun,
"I should be allowed to think" gets in your scathing cultural
commentary, "Dirt Bike" is religious, "Subliminal" is disturbing,
and "Snail Shell" provides the Far-Side-like exercise in perspective.

Thing ya gotta remembner about the Giants is that it takes time to
think up this stuff. Something like four years went by between their
first two albums, and two or three more before Flood (#3) came out.
Taking that rate of output into account, it follows that if they start
releasing albums at the pace other groups do, the quality of material
may not remain as high...

I think the solution is to get them to write some songs about dragons.
:)

"Draaaaagon, Draaaagon
Their names are called,
They raise a claw..."

: --

: + Zezhian's Overstuffed .SIG File V2.0 +

--Greffindel the Plaid, discovering that after a summer without The
Tick he now lives in a town where there's no decent TV stations at all.

Shadowdragon (Chris B.)

Aug 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/31/96

On Sat, 31 Aug 1996, Ray Koziel wrote:

> Date: Sat, 31 AUG 1996 07:50:14

> From: Ray Koziel <rk...@gnn.com>
> Newgroups: alt.fan.dragons
> Subject: Re: What's that aroma? }:=8d

*barely able to contain himself*
Aretheydoneyet? Iwantone... *drool* Oh by the way.. who's the cook?
*looking around but unable to determine which dragon is incharge of
the ribs.*

I don't wanna take one if the're not done yet, or if their already
reserved for someone else....

-Shadow the ever-so-hungry-but-still-polite dragon

Zezhian Dragonfang

Aug 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/31/96

In article <Pine.SOL.3.91.96083...@ux5.cso.uiuc.edu>,

"Shadowdragon (Chris B.)" <cr-b...@students.uiuc.edu> wrote:
>On Sat, 31 Aug 1996, Ray Koziel wrote:
>
>> Date: Sat, 31 AUG 1996 07:50:14
>> In article <Pine.SOL.3.91.960830...@ux4.cso.uiuc.edu>
>> Shadowdragon (Chris B.) wrote:
>> > "Didyousayribs! Yumyumyumyumyumyumyum! {Intense licking of lips} I
>> >looooooooooove ribs! I could live on ribs alone! All hail the mighty ribs!
>> >
>> > O.K. Now that I've made a complete fool of myself, lead the way to
>> >the ribs.
>> >
>> > -Shadow the rib-loving .sig-less dragon
>> >

>> "Just follow your snout! It'll sniff 'em out!" Naz suddenly realizes he
>> just sounded like a corny cereal commercial jingle. "They're right here on
>> the grill...mmmmm...delicious!"
>>
>> -Naz
>>
> *barely able to contain himself*
> Aretheydoneyet? Iwantone... *drool* Oh by the way.. who's the cook?
> *looking around but unable to determine which dragon is in charge of
>the ribs.*
>
> I don't wanna take one if the're not done yet, or if their already
>reserved for someone else....
>
> -Shadow the ever-so-hungry-but-still-polite dragon

(*Zezhian, the Ocean Dragon, once again has failed to realise the drawing
power of the aroma of barbecued ribs on a summer's day.)

Greetings, O Salivating One. I am indeed the master of this feast. (*He puts a
little more BBQ sauce on a sizzling, juicy rack of ribs. The scent rises
temptingly into the air.)

Sorry, Shadow. I didn't mean to tease. (*Zez grabs a dragon-sized plate,
places half a rack of ribs on it and hands it to Shadow.) Feast, m'lord!
There's plenty more!

Peace;
(...who is getting the urge for ribs again in RL.)

--

+ Zezhian's Overstuffed .SIG File V3.1 +
X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X
+ Watership Down: +
X You've read the book... X
+ You've seen the movie.... +
X Now eat the stew. X
+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+X+

X Zez...@Pictac.com | Zezhian Dragonfang X

Ray Koziel

Sep 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/1/96

In article <50215c$d...@wizard.pn.com> Zezhian Dragonfang wrote:
>(*Zezhian, the ocean dragon, discovering that he has been *splorted* with
>BBQ sauce by a sauce-covered gold dwaggin...snickeres again.)
>Oh! Lovely! What are ya gonna do now... GRILL me? BWAAAHAAAA!
>(*He suddenly shuts up because he's just realised that he's standing next
>to an active BBQ grill.) Ummm... You wouldn't cook the cook...would you?
>(*He gestures a few times and a moist towel appears in his left hand.)
> Here... go clean up.
>
> Peace;

"Hey! Save the sauce guys!"

-Naz

Shadowdragon (Chris B.)

Sep 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/1/96

On Sat, 31 Aug 1996, Zezhian Dragonfang wrote:

> Date: Sat, 31 AUG 96 17:42:00 GMT
> From: Zezhian Dragonfang <zez...@pictac.com>

> Newgroups: alt.fan.dragons
> Subject: Re: What's that aroma? }:=8d

*Grabing the plate of ribs, and promptly plopping down on the ground*
YUM! *crunch* *chew* mmmffh... *gulp!* These are good! Best ribs I
ever had. Remind me to cook some of my universally famous spaghetti. only
problem is that it takes forever to cook (about 4-5 hours)

-Shadow the somwhat-ofa-cook-himself dragon

Karrolanth

Sep 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/3/96

"Shadowdragon (Chris B.)" <cr-b...@students.uiuc.edu> wrote:

>> >Much better, thanks! Shall we go and get some ribs, before that
>> >greedy lot eat them all?! *grin*

>> >Karrie, feeling hungry.
>>
>> "Yes! Let's get some...after you!"
>> -Naz
>>
> *upon the utterance of the word 'ribs' by Karrie all dragons in the
>vicinity hear a slight rumble getting louder.Shadow come running up at

Naz, dost thou hear that? What is it? *confused look*

>near the speed of sound, but unfortunately he trips and goes skidding
>across the ground leaving a groove in the ground for a couple hundred
>yards.*

<Karrie supresses a giggle at the sight>

> *stopping right at Naz's feet, He hops up apparently not hurt at all*

Art thou all right?

> "Didyousayribs! Yumyumyumyumyumyumyum! {Intense licking of lips} I
>looooooooooove ribs! I could live on ribs alone! All hail the mighty ribs!

*giggle*
I guess thou'rt in the right place, then! I suggest thou go and see
Zezhian, the cook... *grin*

> O.K. Now that I've made a complete fool of myself, lead the way to
>the ribs.

> -Shadow the rib-loving .sig-less dragon

--
Karrie