[OT] Frustration...

Torankusu-kaiou (Love STINKS! Yeah yeah!)

Feb 16, 2001, 5:53:12 PM2/16/01

...is wasting two Great Balls and half a dozen regular Pokeballs on a Ditto
that just didn't want to be caught.

I've never seen a Ditto put up a fight like that before. I had it down to
two HP, paralyzed. I just kept wasting Poisonpowder to have the battle rage
on, and using Reflect every so often when it wore off, and this Ditto (which
had transformed itself into a Drowzee) used up all its attacks and was down
to Struggle. By all rights, I should have captured it. Instead, it Struggled
itself into oblivion. >_<

(Yeah, I'm playing Pokemon Silver again...let's see if I can catch up to
Talen in a couple months' time...)

--

Did you ever hear one of those corny,
positive messages on someone's

--===*===--

alt.sex.sheep.baaa.baaa.baaa.moo
--Newsgroup found on AT&T Worldnet's server

--===*===--

Atama karappo no hou ga
unchi-tsume komeru...

--===*===--

Torankusu-kaiou
kreol...@konya.natchi.wa

ShrineNite

Feb 16, 2001, 7:57:00 PM2/16/01
>and this Ditto (which
>had transformed itself into a Drowzee)

Should have fought it with a Magikarp.

"World only have two things: Things you can eat and things you can no eat." --
Quina, FFIX

Talen

Feb 16, 2001, 1:37:04 PM2/16/01
It has been brought to my attention that "Torankusu-kaiou \(Love

STINKS! Yeah yeah!\)" <kreol...@konya.natchi.wa> wrote:

>...is wasting two Great Balls and half a dozen regular Pokeballs on a Ditto
>that just didn't want to be caught.

^_^ Did I ever tell about the time I wasted eight-four Ultra Balls on
a flipping Skarmory? And then lost it?

>I've never seen a Ditto put up a fight like that before. I had it down to
>two HP, paralyzed.

Bad Torankusu! Sleep makes it FAR easier to take 'em out. Get yourself
a Paras with False Swipe and Spore. Should make your life a LOT
easier.

>I just kept wasting Poisonpowder to have the battle rage
>on, and using Reflect every so often when it wore off, and this Ditto (which
>had transformed itself into a Drowzee) used up all its attacks and was down
>to Struggle. By all rights, I should have captured it. Instead, it Struggled
>itself into oblivion. >_<
>
>(Yeah, I'm playing Pokemon Silver again...let's see if I can catch up to
>Talen in a couple months' time...)

'Ey, did I tell you 'bout that Torankusu-Umbreon setup I worked out?
If you've got the TMs lying around, Curse, Shadow Ball, Double-Edge,
and Rest/Moonlight. Curse up heavily, rest to full health/heal
yourself, then just lay out with the Shadow Ball/Double Edge.

--

Talen
Current Tyrannical Despot of the "We Love Talen" fanclub

http://www.crosswinds.net/~talenkun/

"Dirt is pretty amazing stuff."
- Bob Macfie

The Gurus love you
WAM: 31 BBB: 11

Edson

Feb 17, 2001, 12:41:26 PM2/17/01
> ^_^ Did I ever tell about the time I wasted eight-four Ultra Balls on
> a flipping Skarmory? And then lost it?
Hmm, I caught my Skarmory on the first shot... I don't recall which ball I used,
it might have been an Ultra.

> Bad Torankusu! Sleep makes it FAR easier to take 'em out. Get yourself
> a Paras with False Swipe and Spore. Should make your life a LOT
> easier.

I have a lvl 50 Marowak with False Swipe, Focus Energy, Rock Smash, and
Bonemerang; it's one of my favorite bug-catchers. (Wish I knew what level it
learns
Bone Rush at...)

> 'Ey, did I tell you 'bout that Torankusu-Umbreon setup I worked out?
> If you've got the TMs lying around, Curse, Shadow Ball, Double-Edge,
> and Rest/Moonlight. Curse up heavily, rest to full health/heal
> yourself, then just lay out with the Shadow Ball/Double Edge.

Speaking of Umbreon, I wonder why I can't get mine to mate with my Ditto; I
dropped
them off at the Day-Care Center, it says that they're interested in each other,
they've
been there for almost two days and I still don't have an egg...

"I'm a new flavor of pissed."
Edson
Loyal Servant to Tendou Nabiki
Fourth Horseman of AHSM

"The Power! The Fury! Jubilee Unleashed!"
Generation X cover

"I've never seen a ship like this. It's way behind any
Catarl Catarl ship it won't move unless your naked.
That's very kinky wouldn't you say?"
Aisha Clanclan

"Edson looks up lots of things. Skirts, mostly."
Talen (AFD)

"So eager to play... So reluctant to admit it."
Pinhead

Predictions for the year 2001:

#59 Yet another otherwise fine anime series will be picked up and
shamelessly butchered by a greedy American company.

Torankusu-kaiou (Calpis is a MANLY drink!)

Feb 17, 2001, 3:01:54 PM2/17/01

"Edson" <ed...@planetnamek.org> wrote in message

> Speaking of Umbreon, I wonder why I can't get mine to mate with my Ditto;
> dropped
> them off at the Day-Care Center, it says that they're interested in each
other,
> they've
> been there for almost two days and I still don't have an egg...

It takes *forever* for a Ditto to mate with ANYTHING. I waited nearly a WEEK
for an Egg to come out of a Ditto and a Togetic.

Torankusu-kaiou (Calpis is a MANLY drink!)

Feb 17, 2001, 3:01:53 PM2/17/01

"Talen" <tal...@spamspamspamspam.optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

> ^_^ Did I ever tell about the time I wasted eight-four Ultra Balls on
> a flipping Skarmory? And then lost it?

Yeeps.

> >I've never seen a Ditto put up a fight like that before. I had it down to
> >two HP, paralyzed.
>
> Bad Torankusu! Sleep makes it FAR easier to take 'em out. Get yourself
> a Paras with False Swipe and Spore. Should make your life a LOT
> easier.

Heh...thing is, I'm sorta only up to Goldenrod City right now...I don't even
have any Pokemon up to level 20 yet (though I should...right now my level 18
Pidgey is my highest Pokemon.) I *did* TRY to put it to sleep--notice I
mentioned it turned itself into a Drowzee?--but immediately after it
transformed, it put MY Drowzee to sleep, and that was the only Pokemon I had
on me at the time that could sleep anything.

In any case, this battle went on like, 15 turns or so. It'd have been
impossible to keep a Ditto asleep for that long, and not easy to resleep it
before it did itself in with Struggle. (In retrospect, I *should* have
Poisoned it, but then I'd have been in the same boat...)

> 'Ey, did I tell you 'bout that Torankusu-Umbreon setup I worked out?
> If you've got the TMs lying around, Curse, Shadow Ball, Double-Edge,
> and Rest/Moonlight. Curse up heavily, rest to full health/heal
> yourself, then just lay out with the Shadow Ball/Double Edge.

Daaaaayam. That's one tough battle strategy. Risky, but tough.

I'm FAR from being a Master when it comes to G/S....>_<

Edson

Feb 17, 2001, 7:00:17 PM2/17/01
> It takes *forever* for a Ditto to mate with ANYTHING. I waited nearly a WEEK
> for an Egg to come out of a Ditto and a Togetic.
I *finally* got my egg, which is now taking forever to hatch...

Talen

Feb 17, 2001, 7:26:40 AM2/17/01
It has been brought to my attention that "Edson"
<ed...@planetnamek.org> wrote:

>> ^_^ Did I ever tell about the time I wasted eight-four Ultra Balls on
>> a flipping Skarmory? And then lost it?
>
>Hmm, I caught my Skarmory on the first shot... I don't recall which ball I used,
>it might have been an Ultra.

By that same score, I caught _ENTEI_ with one shot. Yes, you can bow
before me now.

>> Bad Torankusu! Sleep makes it FAR easier to take 'em out. Get yourself
>> a Paras with False Swipe and Spore. Should make your life a LOT
>> easier.
>
>I have a lvl 50 Marowak with False Swipe, Focus Energy, Rock Smash, and
>Bonemerang; it's one of my favorite bug-catchers. (Wish I knew what level it
>learns Bone Rush at...)

Farfetch'd is pretty good for a HM slave. And once you've visited
everywhere, you can HM delete Cut and Flash and False Swipe and raise
it to a decent level and watch it own damn near everything. 'course,
Scyther learns False Swipe _AND_ Swords Dance _EARLIER_.

>> 'Ey, did I tell you 'bout that Torankusu-Umbreon setup I worked out?
>> If you've got the TMs lying around, Curse, Shadow Ball, Double-Edge,
>> and Rest/Moonlight. Curse up heavily, rest to full health/heal
>> yourself, then just lay out with the Shadow Ball/Double Edge.
>
>Speaking of Umbreon, I wonder why I can't get mine to mate with my Ditto; I
>dropped
>them off at the Day-Care Center, it says that they're interested in each other,
>they've
>been there for almost two days and I still don't have an egg...

It's just time. It took over 20 game hours for my Fearow and Natu to
mate. And the kid is now kicking ass. If they're interested in one
another, you're fine.

--

Talen
Current Tyrannical Despot of the "We Love Talen" fanclub
Clue-Stick Wielder Extraordinaire
Several Sandwiches Short of A Picnic, and
All-Round General Arrogant Ass

http://www.crosswinds.net/~talenkun/

"I can't show you a lot of my new stuff tho."
"Are you telling me I'm too young?"
"_I'm_ too young, Jo."
"_And_?"
"It's Hentai, lad."
"_And_?"
- Rick Hall and Joseph Sutedja

The Gurus love you
WAM: 31 BBB: 12

Talen

Feb 17, 2001, 7:26:42 AM2/17/01
It has been brought to my attention that "Torankusu-kaiou \(Calpis is

a MANLY drink!\)" <kreol...@konya.natchi.wa> wrote:

>"Talen" <tal...@spamspamspamspam.optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>>
>> ^_^ Did I ever tell about the time I wasted eight-four Ultra Balls on
>> a flipping Skarmory? And then lost it?
>
>Yeeps.

Or the time I caught one of the Legendaries with one ball...? ;p

>> Bad Torankusu! Sleep makes it FAR easier to take 'em out. Get yourself
>> a Paras with False Swipe and Spore. Should make your life a LOT
>> easier.
>
>Heh...thing is, I'm sorta only up to Goldenrod City right now...I don't even
>have any Pokemon up to level 20 yet (though I should...right now my level 18
>Pidgey is my highest Pokemon.) I *did* TRY to put it to sleep--notice I
>mentioned it turned itself into a Drowzee?--but immediately after it
>transformed, it put MY Drowzee to sleep, and that was the only Pokemon I had
>on me at the time that could sleep anything.

Ah. Well, usually when Slept, I just leave the pokes in to take the
pain. 90% of the time, Ditto can't lay out enough hurt to KO the
buggers. ;p

>In any case, this battle went on like, 15 turns or so. It'd have been
>impossible to keep a Ditto asleep for that long, and not easy to resleep it
>before it did itself in with Struggle. (In retrospect, I *should* have
>Poisoned it, but then I'd have been in the same boat...)

Ouch. Get a Paras. Spore + False Swipe. It gets Spore by about level
20 or so, and it's NEAR Goldenrod.

Plus, if you can find another Drowzee, trade it for the Machop in the
shopping centre, it'll OWN the Normal Gym.

>> 'Ey, did I tell you 'bout that Torankusu-Umbreon setup I worked out?
>> If you've got the TMs lying around, Curse, Shadow Ball, Double-Edge,
>> and Rest/Moonlight. Curse up heavily, rest to full health/heal
>> yourself, then just lay out with the Shadow Ball/Double Edge.
>
>Daaaaayam. That's one tough battle strategy. Risky, but tough.

Well, it raped through Will (Elite Four member #1), Koga (#2), and
helped do in Lance (#5).

>I'm FAR from being a Master when it comes to G/S....>_<

<patpat> We can't all be brilliant. ;p

--

Talen
Current Tyrannical Despot of the "We Love Talen" fanclub
Clue-Stick Wielder Extraordinaire
Several Sandwiches Short of A Picnic, and
All-Round General Arrogant Ass

http://www.crosswinds.net/~talenkun/

"I can't show you a lot of my new stuff tho."
"Are you telling me I'm too young?"
"_I'm_ too young, Jo."
"_And_?"
"It's Hentai, lad."
"_And_?"
- Rick Hall and Joseph Sutedja

The Gurus love you
WAM: 31 BBB: 12

Talen

Feb 17, 2001, 7:32:32 AM2/17/01
<ed...@planetnamek.org> wrote:

>> It takes *forever* for a Ditto to mate with ANYTHING. I waited nearly a WEEK
>> for an Egg to come out of a Ditto and a Togetic.
>I *finally* got my egg, which is now taking forever to hatch...

Eevee eggs take the longest to hatch of any egg in the game - over
10,000 steps. I'd go Chansey Hunting if I were you - take your mind
off it. Why, you planning on raising a pure Eevee team? ;p

--

Talen
Current Tyrannical Despot of the "We Love Talen" fanclub
Clue-Stick Wielder Extraordinaire
Several Sandwiches Short of A Picnic, and
All-Round General Arrogant Ass

http://www.crosswinds.net/~talenkun/

"I had blonde hair, but I got better."
- Leigh

The Gurus love you
WAM: 31 BBB: 12

ShrineNite

Feb 17, 2001, 7:39:51 PM2/17/01
>> If you've got the TMs lying around, Curse, Shadow Ball, Double-Edge,
>> and Rest/Moonlight. Curse up heavily, rest to full health/heal
>> yourself, then just lay out with the Shadow Ball/Double Edge.
>
>Daaaaayam. That's one tough battle strategy. Risky, but tough.

Using a Magikarp to fight a Ditto is a better plan. You can catch a level 10
one in the city..

Edson

Feb 17, 2001, 9:08:19 PM2/17/01
> >I *finally* got my egg, which is now taking forever to hatch...
>
> Eevee eggs take the longest to hatch of any egg in the game - over
> 10,000 steps. I'd go Chansey Hunting if I were you - take your mind
> off it. Why, you planning on raising a pure Eevee team? ;p
Not really, I just want to try raising an Eevee from lvl 5 and get it to evolve
into an
Espeon (then raise it from there)... Anyways, I can't get any of Eevee's evolved
forms
'cept for Espeon and Umbreon; I don't know anyone with a Gameboy Color, so I
can't get any evolution stones...

Edson

Feb 17, 2001, 9:21:52 PM2/17/01
> >Hmm, I caught my Skarmory on the first shot... I don't recall which ball I
used,
> >it might have been an Ultra.
>
> By that same score, I caught _ENTEI_ with one shot. Yes, you can bow
> before me now.
I ran into Entei today: I was raising my brand new Hoppip (which I'd already
evolved
up to it's third form by the time I stopped playing for the day), at lvl 16 it
put big, bad
Entei to sleep; then I pulled out my bug-catching Marowak, and beat on Entei
with
Rock Smash and False Swipe until it was down to 1hp... immediately following,
the
punk woke up and ran away.

> >I have a lvl 50 Marowak with False Swipe, Focus Energy, Rock Smash, and
> >Bonemerang; it's one of my favorite bug-catchers. (Wish I knew what level it
> >learns Bone Rush at...)
>
> Farfetch'd is pretty good for a HM slave. And once you've visited
> everywhere, you can HM delete Cut and Flash and False Swipe and raise
> it to a decent level and watch it own damn near everything. 'course,
> Scyther learns False Swipe _AND_ Swords Dance _EARLIER_.

Furret's also good; I have one with Cut, Strength, Surf, and Rest(which it just
learned
today), I use it all the time. [Krabby/Kinglers are good too, and considering
the sh*tty
moves they learn new, they might as well just be "pokétto knives."]

Talen

Feb 17, 2001, 9:47:19 AM2/17/01
<ed...@planetnamek.org> wrote:

>> >I *finally* got my egg, which is now taking forever to hatch...
>>
>> Eevee eggs take the longest to hatch of any egg in the game - over
>> 10,000 steps. I'd go Chansey Hunting if I were you - take your mind
>> off it. Why, you planning on raising a pure Eevee team? ;p
>Not really, I just want to try raising an Eevee from lvl 5 and get it to evolve
>into an
>Espeon (then raise it from there)... Anyways, I can't get any of Eevee's evolved
>forms
>'cept for Espeon and Umbreon; I don't know anyone with a Gameboy Color, so I
>can't get any evolution stones...

Er, you get them from Bill's granddad for showing him various pokes.

--

Talen
Current Tyrannical Despot of the "We Love Talen" fanclub
Clue-Stick Wielder Extraordinaire
Several Sandwiches Short of A Picnic, and
All-Round General Arrogant Ass

http://www.crosswinds.net/~talenkun/

CATS: ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US.
CATS: YOU ARE ON THE WAY TO DESTRUCTION.
CAPTAIN: WHAT YOU SAY !!
CATS: YOU HAVE NO CHANCE TO SURVIVE MAKE YOUR TIME.
CATS: HA HA HA HA ....
- Cats and Captain, Zerowing

i.o.u. one galaxy

Feb 18, 2001, 12:38:21 AM2/18/01
On Sat, 17 Feb 2001 05:37:04 +1100, Talen
<tal...@spamspamspamspam.optusnet.com.au> wrote:

>Did I ever tell about the time I wasted eight-four Ultra Balls on
>a flipping Skarmory? And then lost it?

What about the Ska Robot Army?

..and if we die before the battle's through, tell your mom, tell your dad -- we were Super Rad!

Ben*Pop

"We’re loyal like brothers,
Just us versus all the others.
You the one for --
You the one for me?"

-Get Up Kids

Edson

Feb 18, 2001, 12:43:04 PM2/18/01
> >Not really, I just want to try raising an Eevee from lvl 5 and get it to
evolve
> >into an
> >Espeon (then raise it from there)... Anyways, I can't get any of Eevee's
evolved
> >forms
> >'cept for Espeon and Umbreon; I don't know anyone with a Gameboy Color, so I
> >can't get any evolution stones...
>
> Er, you get them from Bill's granddad for showing him various pokes.
Oh, guess I need to pay more attention while reading my Versus Books...

"I'm a new flavor of pissed."
Edson
Loyal Servant to Tendou Nabiki
Fourth Horseman of AHSM

"The Power! The Fury! Jubilee Unleashed!"
Generation X cover

"I've never seen a ship like this. It's way behind any

Catarl Catarl ship it won't move unless you're naked.

Talen

Feb 18, 2001, 4:18:20 AM2/18/01
<ed...@planetnamek.org> wrote:

>> >Not really, I just want to try raising an Eevee from lvl 5 and get it to
>evolve
>> >into an
>> >Espeon (then raise it from there)... Anyways, I can't get any of Eevee's
>evolved
>> >forms
>> >'cept for Espeon and Umbreon; I don't know anyone with a Gameboy Color, so I
>> >can't get any evolution stones...
>>
>> Er, you get them from Bill's granddad for showing him various pokes.
>Oh, guess I need to pay more attention while reading my Versus Books...

Y'only get one, and you'll need an Oddish, Vulpix/Growlithe, Staryu
(the hardest to get, IMHO) and Pichu to show him. Also a Likitung.

--

Talen
Current Tyrannical Despot of the "We Love Talen" fanclub
Clue-Stick Wielder Extraordinaire
Several Sandwiches Short of A Picnic, and
All-Round General Arrogant Ass

http://www.crosswinds.net/~talenkun/

"Drivel can come from any .com."
- Danger X

TuxedoKamen

Feb 18, 2001, 7:57:03 PM2/18/01
<snip>

>"The Power! The Fury! Jubilee Unleashed!"
> Generation X cover
Are you talking Jubilee from X-Men? If so, we should defenately be
afraid now. She might be able to knock something over and make it stay down
for a minute. Really.

--
______________
Tuxedo Kamen afdtuxe...@sailormercury.com

Ami Code(1.0.0): MA:6 X:***[****]d:--hk:--o:a:h:-u:+

Yeah, it's okaying. -- Mirai Matt

I am not the Piccolo you know. I am "The Namek."

Edson

Feb 19, 2001, 1:19:33 PM2/19/01
> >"The Power! The Fury! Jubilee Unleashed!"
> > Generation X cover
> Are you talking Jubilee from X-Men? If so, we should defenately be
> afraid now. She might be able to knock something over and make it stay down
> for a minute. Really.
Uh yes, *that* Jubilee... The quote says "Generation X cover," as in the
front cover of a Generation X issue that I have.

"I'm a new flavor of pissed."
Edson
Loyal Servant to Tendou Nabiki
Fourth Horseman of AHSM

"The Power! The Fury! Jubilee Unleashed!"
Generation X cover

"I've never seen a ship like this. It's way behind any
Ctarl Ctarl ship it won't move unless you're naked.

Edson

Feb 19, 2001, 1:30:30 PM2/19/01
> >> Er, you get them from Bill's granddad for showing him various pokes.
> >Oh, guess I need to pay more attention while reading my Versus Books...
>
> Y'only get one, and you'll need an Oddish, Vulpix/Growlithe, Staryu
> (the hardest to get, IMHO) and Pichu to show him. Also a Likitung.
Hell... I already have all of those... Well, except for Oddish, I think mine
evolved into
Gloom.

"I'm a new flavor of pissed."
Edson
Loyal Servant to Tendou Nabiki
Fourth Horseman of AHSM

"The Power! The Fury! Jubilee Unleashed!"
Generation X cover

"I've never seen a ship like this. It's way behind any

Ctarl Ctarl ship it won't move unless you're naked.

Talen

Feb 19, 2001, 5:59:31 AM2/19/01
<ed...@planetnamek.org> wrote:

>> >Oh, guess I need to pay more attention while reading my Versus Books...
>>
>> Y'only get one, and you'll need an Oddish, Vulpix/Growlithe, Staryu
>> (the hardest to get, IMHO) and Pichu to show him. Also a Likitung.
>Hell... I already have all of those... Well, except for Oddish, I think mine
>evolved into
>Gloom.

Good. Just go to Bill's house in Kanto and have fun. ;p

--

Talen
Current Tyrannical Despot of the "We Love Talen" fanclub

Several Sandwiches Short of A Picnic,

Clue-Stick Wielder Extraordinaire,
All-Round General Arrogant Ass,
And also known as Grammar Jesus

http://www.crosswinds.net/~talenkun/

"I understand your opinion. I just don't care."
- Jedah

Edson

Feb 21, 2001, 12:07:33 AM2/21/01
> Hell... I already have all of those... Well, except for Oddish, I think mine
> evolved into
> Gloom.
Hmm, no additions to this thread, how sad...

"I'm a new flavor of pissed."
Edson
Loyal Servant to Tendou Nabiki
Fourth Horseman of AHSM

"The Power! The Fury! Jubilee Unleashed!"
Generation X cover

"I've never seen a ship like this. It's way behind any
Ctarl Ctarl ship it won't move unless you're naked.
That's very kinky wouldn't you say?"
Aisha Clanclan

"Edson looks up lots of things. Skirts, mostly."
Talen (AFD)

"So eager to play... So reluctant to admit it."
Pinhead

"White wing boys..."
Duo Maxwell's image song
(I know it's "wild," but it sounds like "white.")

Talen

Feb 20, 2001, 12:40:06 PM2/20/01
<ed...@planetnamek.org> wrote:

>> Hell... I already have all of those... Well, except for Oddish, I think mine
>> evolved into
>> Gloom.
>Hmm, no additions to this thread, how sad...

Hey, look, a naked girl being eaten out by an Umbreon!

--

Talen
Current Tyrannical Despot of the "We Love Talen" fanclub

Several Sandwiches Short of A Picnic,

Clue-Stick Wielder Extraordinaire,
All-Round General Arrogant Ass,
And also known as Grammar Jesus

http://www.crosswinds.net/~talenkun/

"Who needs objectivity when you're right?"
- Bob Macfie

The Gurus love you
WAM: 56 BBB: 12

Edson

Feb 21, 2001, 12:46:09 PM2/21/01
> >Hmm, no additions to this thread, how sad...
>
> Hey, look, a naked girl being eaten out by an Umbreon!
Again..? Man, and this isn't even AGNPH...