Fit the Fifth - froup production

Dave Adalian

Aug 30, 2007, 11:17:57 PM8/30/07
The Fit the Fourth stage manager, with a wily look on his face, waves to
Eddy, trips over a discarded cereal box and tosses the bleed-over from the
next episode into a time warp where it pops out in the not too distant
future, thus avoiding the possibility of a future stage manager having to
hide in shame...

>>> ANNOUNCER:
>>> _The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy_
>>>
>>> by Douglas Adams
>>>
>>> Starring alt.fan.douglas-adams as the cast!
>>>

>> The Eagles' JOURNEY OF THE SORCERER swells then fades to background
>>
>> NARRATOR: (Clears throat *a-hem* and turns up the bass and
>> air-of-sophistication modulators to 9.5) The story so far:
>> (Turns down modulators a bit) In the beginning the universe was created.
>> This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a
>> bad move. Many races believe that it was created by some sort of god,
>> though the Jatravartid people of Viltvodle Six firmly believe that the
>> entire Universe was, in fact, sneezed out of the nose of a being called
>> the Great Green Arkleseizure.
>>
>> (Hopes some future scriptwriter won't try to base a movie on this) The
>> Jatravartids, who live in perpetual fear of the time they call 'The
>> Coming of the Great White Handkerchief', are small, blue creatures with
>> more than fifty arms each, who are therefore unique in being the only
>> race in history to have invented the aerosol deodorant before the wheel.
>> However, the Great Green Arkleseizure theory was not widely accepted
>> outside Viltvodle Six. And so, one day, a race of hyper-intelligent
>> pan-dimensional beings built themselves a gigantic supercomputer called
>> Deep Thought, to calculate once and for all the answer to the Ultimate
>> question of Life, the Universe, and Everything. For seven-and-a-half
>> million years Deep Thought computed and calculated and eventually
>> announced that the answer was in fact, "Forty-Two". And so another, even
>> bigger computer had to be built to find out what the actual question was.
>> And this computer, which was called the Earth, was so large that it was
>> frequently mistaken for a planet - particularly by the strange ape-like
>> beings who roamed its surface, totally unaware that they were simply part
>> of a gigantic computer program. And this is very odd, because without
>> that fairly simple and obvious piece of knowledge, nothing that ever
>> happened on Earth could possibly make the slightest bit of sense.
>> However, at the critical moment of readout, the Earth was unexpectedly
>> demolished to make way for a new hyperspace bypass, and the only hope of
>> finding the Ultimate question now lies buried deep in the minds of Arthur
>> Dent and Trillian, the only native Earth people to have survived the
>> demolition. Unfortunately, they and their strange companions from
>> Betelgeuse are at the moment being shot at, behind a computer bank on the
>> lost planet of Magrathea. This is what the computer bank is about to do:
>
> F/X: DEVASTATING EXPLOSION, BUT AN EXTREMELY WEIRD SOUNDING ONE
>
>NARRATOR: And the time at which it is going to do it is twenty seconds
>from
>now.
>
>FORD: *Slightly disoriented as if he is feeling some sort of déją vu*
> The computer bank is absorbing a hell of a lot of energy - I think
> [...]

F/X: HEAVY OSCILATING HUM BUILDS UP WITH THE ENERGY BEING PUMPED INTO IT BY
BY CONTINUING GUNFIRE *wrooop* *wroooop* *wrooooop*

iain

Aug 31, 2007, 7:04:22 AM8/31/07
"Dave Adalian" <dave.a...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in

> The Fit the Fourth stage manager, with a wily look on his face, waves
> to Eddy, trips over a discarded cereal box and tosses the bleed-over
> from the next episode into a time warp where it pops out in the not
> too distant future, thus avoiding the possibility of a future stage
> manager having to hide in shame...

<snip>

>> F/X: DEVASTATING EXPLOSION, BUT AN EXTREMELY WEIRD SOUNDING ONE
>>
>>NARRATOR: And the time at which it is going to do it is twenty
>> seconds from now.
>>

>>FORD: *Slightly disoriented as if he is feeling some sort of déjà vu*

>> The computer bank is absorbing a hell of a lot of energy - I
>> think it's about to blow up!
>
> F/X: HEAVY OSCILATING HUM BUILDS UP WITH THE ENERGY BEING PUMPED INTO
> IT BY BY CONTINUING GUNFIRE *wrooop* *wroooop* *wrooooop*

ARTHUR: *frequently feels confused, so a sense of déjà vu just adds to
the bewilderment*
It's a shame we never managed to get the work done revising
the book. I thought it looked rather interesting.

--
iain

af...@imb.clara.net http://www.zootle.net/afda/
"how can you say that iain is a furyy fpevcg?!" - kristen

Amro Bank

Sep 3, 2007, 6:17:28 PM9/3/07

ZAPHOD: *with a slight touch of dejavu* Yes. What book?

--
Amro

iain

Sep 5, 2007, 5:28:35 PM9/5/07
Amro Bank <am...@tuig.nl> wrote in

ARTHUR: *is sure he's explained this before*
/The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy/

Amro Bank

Sep 6, 2007, 1:52:41 PM9/6/07

ZAPHOD: *feeling relieved* Oh, that thing.

Kaare Fiedler Christiansen

Sep 9, 2007, 8:43:51 AM9/9/07

FORD: *How many times do I have to say this?*
Look, I hate to say this, guys, but this thing really is going to
blow up!

Tian

Sep 10, 2007, 7:15:59 PM9/10/07
To think that only a few seconds of stage time have gone by so far...

--
Tian
http://tian.greens.org

Dave Adalian

Sep 10, 2007, 8:12:24 PM9/10/07
"Tian" <tnha...@aceweb.com> wrote in message

No, no, no. That's not the next line. It doesn't even fit.

-- Dave

Read my latest astronomy column!
http://starry-starry-nights.blogspot.com/

Rasmus Bøg Hansen

Sep 11, 2007, 2:33:36 AM9/11/07
"Dave Adalian" <dave.a...@sbcglobal.net> hit the keyboard.
Afterwards the following was on the screen:

Sssshhhh!

*looks at the persons in the next seats*

--
-- [ Rasmus "Møffe" Bøg Hansen ] -------------------------------------
A computer without Windows is like a chocolate cake without mustard.

Amro Bank

Sep 11, 2007, 5:21:30 PM9/11/07

ZAPHOD: * Doesn't it allways?* OK, OK.

Rasmus Bøg Hansen

Sep 11, 2007, 7:58:09 PM9/11/07
Amro Bank <am...@tuig.nl> hit the keyboard.

Afterwards the following was on the screen:

> On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 14:43:51 +0200, Kaare Fiedler Christiansen

F/X: REPEAT THE EXPLOSION FROM THE END OF THE NARRATOR'S
SPEECH. RUSHING SOUND OF LOTS OF LITTLE UNIDENTIFIED NOISES
WHIZZING FROM THE OUTSIDE EDGES OF THE SOUND PICTURE RECEDING
INTO THE CENTRE. IT SUDDENLY STOPS WITH A CRASH. *CRASH*

ALMOST INSTANTLY WE HEAR THE QUIET BACKGROUND OF A LARGE
RESTAURANT WITH CABARET MUSIC PLAYING IN THE BACKGROUND.

GARKBIT THE WAITER SPEAKS ALMOST IMMEDIATELY.

--
-- [ Rasmus "Møffe" Bøg Hansen ] -------------------------------------

by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
-- Brian W. Kernighan

MEow

Sep 12, 2007, 7:38:27 AM9/12/07
Rasmus =?utf-8?Q?B=C3=B8g?= Hansen spoke thusly:

TRILLIAN: *Rubbing her head carefully and sounding quite woozy* My head.

--
Kind Regards,
Nikitta.

"Ah! Let that be a lesson to me to guide me in my further life: When you
are travelling backwards in time on a website, always remember to click
the duck on the right!" Kaare Fiedler Christiansen, afdaniain.

Ford Prefect

Sep 12, 2007, 1:05:09 PM9/12/07

FORD: *Gasps generally*

Lloyd Gilbert

Sep 12, 2007, 1:39:56 PM9/12/07
On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 19:05:09 +0200, Ford Prefect <fo...@kaarefc.dk>
wrote:

GARKBIT: *Formally*
Good evening gentlemen, madam. Do you have a reservation?

--
"In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade'
appears to be missing" -- Svlad Cjelli

Ford Prefect

Sep 12, 2007, 2:24:46 PM9/12/07

FORD: *Stops gasping to reply*
*Opens mouth*
*Realises what was said*
*Closes mouth*
*Opens mouth again to ask confusedly:*
Reservation?

Lloyd Gilbert

Sep 12, 2007, 3:02:28 PM9/12/07
On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 20:24:46 +0200, Ford Prefect <fo...@kaarefc.dk>
wrote:

GARKBIT: *Affirmatively*
Yes, sir.

Ford Prefect

Sep 12, 2007, 3:37:10 PM9/12/07

FORD: *Trying to get a grasp on things again*
So... you need a reservation for the afterlife?

Lloyd Gilbert

Sep 12, 2007, 3:47:47 PM9/12/07
On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 21:37:10 +0200, Ford Prefect <fo...@kaarefc.dk>
wrote:

GARKBIT: *Quizzically*
The afterlife, sir?

iain

Sep 16, 2007, 12:17:33 PM9/16/07
afda.i...@invalid.zanoop.invalid.org.invalid.uk.invalid (Lloyd
Gilbert) wrote in news:migge3hvsnqjarh6r...@4ax.com:

>>> GARKBIT: *Affirmatively*
>>> Yes, sir.
>>
>>FORD: *Trying to get a grasp on things again*
>> So... you need a reservation for the afterlife?
>
> GARKBIT: *Quizzically*
> The afterlife, sir?

ARTHUR: *uncertain, as usual* This /is/ the afterlife?

Ford Prefect

Sep 16, 2007, 3:06:53 PM9/16/07
On Sun, 2007-09-16 at 16:17 +0000, iain wrote:
> afda.i...@invalid.zanoop.invalid.org.invalid.uk.invalid (Lloyd

> >>FORD: *Trying to get a grasp on things again*
> >> So... you need a reservation for the afterlife?
> >
> > GARKBIT: *Quizzically*
> > The afterlife, sir?
>
> ARTHUR: *uncertain, as usual* This /is/ the afterlife?

FORD: *Regaining control - finally something easy to understand: Arthur
asking questions*
Well, I assume so. I mean there's no way we could have survived
that blast, is there?

iain

Sep 16, 2007, 3:49:19 PM9/16/07
Ford Prefect <fo...@kaarefc.dk> wrote in

ARTHUR: *definite on this point* No.

Ford Prefect

Sep 18, 2007, 2:35:25 PM9/18/07

FORD: *Looks expectantly at Trillian to confirm his observation*

MEow

Sep 22, 2007, 5:35:11 AM9/22/07
Ford Prefect spoke thusly:

TRILLIAN: *after much thought* None at all.

Ford Prefect

Sep 25, 2007, 12:30:16 PM9/25/07

FORD: *Looks expectantly at Arthur to confirm his observation*

iain

Sep 26, 2007, 2:04:05 PM9/26/07
Ford Prefect <fo...@kaarefc.dk> wrote in

ARTHUR: *still quite sure* I was dead

Kaare Fiedler Christiansen

Sep 26, 2007, 2:30:49 PM9/26/07

FORD: *Looks expectantly at Zaphod to confirm his observation*

Amro Bank

Sep 26, 2007, 4:02:51 PM9/26/07

ZAPHOD: *So sure it doesn't need mentioning* I certainly didn’t
survive, I was a total goner. Wham, bang and that was it.

Ford Prefect

Sep 27, 2007, 2:30:06 PM9/27/07
On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 22:02 +0200, Amro Bank wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 20:30:49 +0200, Kaare Fiedler Christiansen
> <ne...@kaarefc.dk> wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 18:04 +0000, iain wrote:
> >> Ford Prefect <fo...@kaarefc.dk> wrote in

> >> ARTHUR: *still quite sure* I was dead
> >
> >FORD: *Looks expectantly at Zaphod to confirm his observation*
>
> ZAPHOD: *So sure it doesn't need mentioning* I certainly didn’t
> survive, I was a total goner. Wham, bang and that was it.

FORD: *Satisfied that everyone agrees, continues agitated*
I mean, we didn't stand a chance! We must have been blown to bits!
Arms, legs, everywhere!

Amro Bank

Sep 27, 2007, 5:37:19 PM9/27/07
On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 20:30:06 +0200, Ford Prefect <fo...@kaarefc.dk>
wrote:

ZAPHOD: *Obviously* Yeah.

--
Amro

Rasmus Bøg Hansen

Sep 27, 2007, 7:26:20 PM9/27/07
Amro Bank <am...@tuig.nl> hit the keyboard.
Afterwards the following was on the screen:

> On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 20:30:06 +0200, Ford Prefect <fo...@kaarefc.dk>

> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 22:02 +0200, Amro Bank wrote:

>>> ZAPHOD: *So sure it doesn't need mentioning* I certainly didn.t

>>> survive, I was a total goner. Wham, bang and that was it.
>>
>>FORD: *Satisfied that everyone agrees, continues agitated*
>>I mean, we didn't stand a chance! We must have been blown to bits!
>>Arms, legs, everywhere!
>
> ZAPHOD: *Obviously* Yeah.

F/X: PAUSE FILLED WITH SILENCE NO. 31.

--
-- [ Rasmus "Møffe" Bøg Hansen ] -------------------------------------

Tell them we are not Gods but SysAdmins,
which is the next best thing.

Amro Bank

Sep 28, 2007, 5:41:15 PM9/28/07
On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 09:34:48 +0100,
Gilbert) wrote:

>On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 01:26:20 +0200, spa...@zz9.dk (Rasmus Bøg Hansen)
>wrote:

>GARKBIT: *This calls for a polite cough...*
> (Coughing politely)
> If you would care to order drinks...?

ZAPHOD: (*Ignoring and interupting him*) Kerpow, Splat,
/instantanously zonked into out component molecules. Hey did you get
that amazing thing of your whole life flashing before you?/

Ford Prefect

Sep 29, 2007, 6:30:40 AM9/29/07
On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 23:41 +0200, Amro Bank wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 09:34:48 +0100,
> afda.i...@invalid.zanoop.invalid.org.invalid.uk.invalid (Lloyd
> Gilbert) wrote:

<snip>

> >GARKBIT: *This calls for a polite cough...*
> > (Coughing politely)
> > If you would care to order drinks...?
>
> ZAPHOD: (*Ignoring and interupting him*) Kerpow, Splat,
> /instantanously zonked into out component molecules. Hey did you get
> that amazing thing of your whole life flashing before you?/

FORD: *Surprised*
Yeah! You got that too, did you? Your whole life?

Amro Bank

Sep 29, 2007, 10:24:50 AM9/29/07
On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 12:30:40 +0200, Ford Prefect <fo...@kaarefc.dk>
wrote:

>On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 23:41 +0200, Amro Bank wrote:

ZAPHOD: *not quite sure where this is leading to*
/Yeah. At least I assume it was mine. I spend a lot of time out of my
skulls you know./

Ford Prefect

Sep 29, 2007, 11:26:45 AM9/29/07

FORD: *not really sure what he was leading up to either*
So what?

Amro Bank

Sep 29, 2007, 1:49:32 PM9/29/07
On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 17:26:45 +0200, Ford Prefect <fo...@kaarefc.dk>
wrote:

ZAPHOD: *gathering momentum agiain* Here we are, lying dead..

MEow

Sep 29, 2007, 3:02:24 PM9/29/07
Amro Bank spoke thusly:

TRILLIAN: *coming a bit more to her senses and realising that they're
not lying down* Standing.

Amro Bank

Sep 29, 2007, 4:35:42 PM9/29/07
On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 19:02:24 +0000 (UTC), MEow <nikitt...@yahoo.se>
wrote:

ZAPHOD: *plodding on* Standing dead in this er... desolate...

iain

Oct 3, 2007, 2:38:23 PM10/3/07
Amro Bank <am...@tuig.nl> wrote in news:nmdtf31vigrgumai1hnh50937kkoqreqrf@
4ax.com:

>>> ZAPHOD: *gathering momentum agiain* Here we are, lying dead..
>>>
>>TRILLIAN: *coming a bit more to her senses and realising that they're
>>not lying down* Standing.
>
> ZAPHOD: *plodding on* Standing dead in this er... desolate...

ARTHUR: *starts to notice their surroundings* Restaurant...

Amro Bank

Oct 3, 2007, 7:13:03 PM10/3/07
On 03 Oct 2007 18:38:23 GMT, iain <af...@imb.clara.net> wrote:

>Amro Bank <am...@tuig.nl> wrote in news:nmdtf31vigrgumai1hnh50937kkoqreqrf@
>4ax.com:

>>>TRILLIAN: *coming a bit more to her senses and realising that they're
>>>not lying down* Standing.
>>
>> ZAPHOD: *plodding on* Standing dead in this er... desolate...
>
>ARTHUR: *starts to notice their surroundings* Restaurant...

ZAPHOD: *bringing this entence to a grinding halt* Five star
restaurant.

Ford Prefect

Oct 4, 2007, 11:56:06 AM10/4/07

Ford: *Looks at Zaphod as if he just skipped too lines*
A bit odd, isn't it?

Dave Adalian

Oct 4, 2007, 1:11:30 PM10/4/07
"Ford Prefect" <fo...@kaarefc.dk> wrote in message

EDDY THE SHIPBOARD COMPUTER: Hi there! *spews tickertape that says "Hi
there!"* I'm Eddy the Shipboard Computer, and I'm just so pleased to see you
I just can't say how pleased I am and I can't wait to be nice, nice, nice to
each and every one of you. I just know we're going to have a wonderful
time... *a flustered pause, the quiet only broken by the sound of
tickertape piling on the foyer floor, then with an unusual tone of
uncertainty and a not-quiet-entirely-cheeriness* This isn't right at all,
is it? *another tickertape-filled pause while everyone stares at the
unexpected computer* I'm in the space-time continuum again, aren't I? *yet
another pause, this one so thick with tension there's not even room for
tickertape, then a series of mechanical relay clicks followed by a new
height of forced cheeriness* Well that's just great and wonderful, isn't it!
I know I'm really, really going to enjoy being lost in the infinity of the
Whole Sort of General Mish Mash and there's absolutely no need to panic
whatsoever! *Eddy begins to sing as he fades back into the wash* When you
walk through the storm hold your head up high...

-- Dave

Read my latest astronomy column!
http://starry-starry-nights.blogspot.com/

Amro Bank

Oct 4, 2007, 8:47:08 PM10/4/07
On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 17:56:06 +0200, Ford Prefect <fo...@kaarefc.dk>
wrote:

ZAPHOD: *sheepishly, realizing Ford's right* Er, yeah.

MEow

Oct 5, 2007, 3:48:25 PM10/5/07
Amro Bank spoke thusly:

TRILLIAN: *bemused* Nice chandeliers though.

iain

Oct 7, 2007, 10:12:49 AM10/7/07
MEow <nikitt...@yahoo.se> wrote in

> Amro Bank spoke thusly:
>
>> On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 17:56:06 +0200, Ford Prefect <fo...@kaarefc.dk>
>> wrote:

>>>Ford: *Looks at Zaphod as if he just skipped too lines*
>>> A bit odd, isn't it?
>>
>> ZAPHOD: *sheepishly, realizing Ford's right* Er, yeah.
>>
> TRILLIAN: *bemused* Nice chandeliers though.

Arthur: *feeling rather pleased with himself for having thought of this
now rather than three days later*
It's not so much an afterlife, more a sort of après-vie.

Amro Bank

Oct 7, 2007, 4:50:54 PM10/7/07

ZAPHOD: *trying to focus*
Hey, hang about... I think we’re missing something important here,
something really important that somebody just said... What was it?
*finds focalpoint*
Hey, you.

--
Amro

MEow

Oct 7, 2007, 4:56:10 PM10/7/07
Amro Bank spoke thusly:

>> It's not so much an afterlife, more a sort of aprčs-vie.

> ZAPHOD: *trying to focus*
> Hey, hang about... I think we’re missing something important here,
> something really important that somebody just said... What was it?
> *finds focalpoint*
> Hey, you.

TRILLIAN: *who is Zaphod talking to?* About the chandeliers?

Lloyd Gilbert

Oct 8, 2007, 1:34:00 PM10/8/07
On Sun, 7 Oct 2007 20:56:10 +0000 (UTC), MEow <nikitt...@yahoo.se>
wrote:

>Amro Bank spoke thusly:

>>> It's not so much an afterlife, more a sort of après-vie.

>> ZAPHOD: *trying to focus*
>> Hey, hang about... I think we’re missing something important here,
>> something really important that somebody just said... What was it?
>> *finds focalpoint*
>> Hey, you.
>>
>TRILLIAN: *who is Zaphod talking to?* About the chandeliers?

GARKBIT: Sir?

--
"In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade'
appears to be missing" -- Svlad Cjelli

Amro Bank

Oct 8, 2007, 3:29:58 PM10/8/07
On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 18:34:00 +0100,
Gilbert) wrote:

>>> ZAPHOD: *trying to focus*
>>> Hey, hang about... I think we’re missing something important here,
>>> something really important that somebody just said... What was it?
>>> *finds focalpoint*
>>> Hey, you.
>>>
>>TRILLIAN: *who is Zaphod talking to?* About the chandeliers?
>
>GARKBIT: Sir?

ZAPHOD: Did you say something about drinks?

Lloyd Gilbert

Oct 8, 2007, 3:54:48 PM10/8/07

>>>TRILLIAN: *who is Zaphod talking to?* About the chandeliers?
>>
>>GARKBIT: Sir?
>
>ZAPHOD: Did you say something about drinks?

GARKBIT: *Glad to be able to get things back onto some kind of track*
Certainly, sir. If the lady and gentlemen would care to take
drinks before dinner...

Amro Bank

Oct 9, 2007, 12:52:18 PM10/9/07
On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 20:54:48 +0100,
Gilbert) wrote:

>On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 21:29:58 +0200, Amro Bank <am...@tuig.nl> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 18:34:00 +0100,
>>afda.i...@invalid.zanoop.invalid.org.invalid.uk.invalid (Lloyd
>>Gilbert) wrote:

<snip>

>>>GARKBIT: Sir?
>>
>>ZAPHOD: Did you say something about drinks?
>
>GARKBIT: *Glad to be able to get things back onto some kind of track*
> Certainly, sir. If the lady and gentlemen would care to take
>drinks before dinner...

ZAPHOD: *could definitly use one* Yeah, great!

--
Amro

MEow

Oct 9, 2007, 1:10:40 PM10/9/07
Amro Bank spoke thusly:

> On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 20:54:48 +0100,
> afda.i...@invalid.zanoop.invalid.org.invalid.uk.invalid (Lloyd
> Gilbert) wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 21:29:58 +0200, Amro Bank <am...@tuig.nl> wrote:
>>
>>>On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 18:34:00 +0100,
>>>afda.i...@invalid.zanoop.invalid.org.invalid.uk.invalid (Lloyd

> <snip>

>>>ZAPHOD: Did you say something about drinks?
>>
>>GARKBIT: *Glad to be able to get things back onto some kind of track*
>> Certainly, sir. If the lady and gentlemen would care to take
>>drinks before dinner...
>
> ZAPHOD: *could definitly use one* Yeah, great!

TRILLIAN: *not arguing at all* Yeah

Message has been deleted

Lloyd Gilbert

Oct 9, 2007, 1:39:21 PM10/9/07
On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 17:10:40 +0000 (UTC), MEow <nikitt...@yahoo.se>
wrote:

>Amro Bank spoke thusly:
>
>> On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 20:54:48 +0100,
>> afda.i...@invalid.zanoop.invalid.org.invalid.uk.invalid (Lloyd
>> Gilbert) wrote:

>> <snip>

>>>GARKBIT: *Glad to be able to get things back onto some kind of track*
>>> Certainly, sir. If the lady and gentlemen would care to take
>>>drinks before dinner...
>>
>> ZAPHOD: *could definitly use one* Yeah, great!
>>
>TRILLIAN: *not arguing at all* Yeah

GARKBIT: *matter-of-factly*
And the Universe will explode later for your pleasure.

Ford Prefect

Oct 11, 2007, 2:23:58 PM10/11/07

FORD: *Finally something he really understands!*
Wow! What sort of drinks do you serve here?

Lloyd Gilbert

Oct 11, 2007, 2:51:43 PM10/11/07
On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 20:23:58 +0200, Ford Prefect <fo...@kaarefc.dk>
wrote:

GARKBIT: *Impressed with Ford's wit, though wondering about Zaphod's
missing line*
(laughing) Ah, I think sir has perhaps misunderstood me.

Ford Prefect

Oct 11, 2007, 2:57:10 PM10/11/07

FORD: *Those drinks just sounded too good to wait another line for*
Oh, I hope not.

Lloyd Gilbert

Oct 11, 2007, 4:23:18 PM10/11/07
On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 20:57:10 +0200, Ford Prefect <fo...@kaarefc.dk>
wrote:

GARKBIT: *Trying to break the news gently*
It is not unusual for our customers to be a little
disorientated by the time journey, so if I might suggest...

Amro Bank

Oct 11, 2007, 6:03:50 PM10/11/07
On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 21:23:18 +0100,
afda.i...@invalid.zanoop.invalid.org.invalid.uk.invalid (Lloyd
Gilbert) wrote:

ZAPHOD: *didn't get the name of the coctail* Hey what?

--
Amro

Ah well that's what you get working with time-traveling amateurs...
No synchronicity...

I'm off to my dressing room ( the fading sound of footsteps )

MEow

Oct 13, 2007, 7:02:29 AM10/13/07
Amro Bank spoke thusly:

FORD, ZAPHOD and TRILLIAN: *What did he just say now?* Time journey?!

(I hope you don't mind me doing this for all three because it seems that
everybody is waiting for someone else to do it - Well, I'm somebody else)

Ford Prefect

Oct 13, 2007, 7:44:25 AM10/13/07

FORD: *Starting slightly before Trillian* What ...

iain

Oct 16, 2007, 4:37:30 PM10/16/07

>> > ZAPHOD: *didn't get the name of the coctail* Hey what?
>
> FORD: *Starting slightly before Trillian* What ...
>
>> FORD, ZAPHOD and TRILLIAN: *What did he just say now?* Time journey?!

ARTHUR: You mean this isn't the afterlife?

Lloyd Gilbert

Oct 17, 2007, 1:52:05 PM10/17/07
On 16 Oct 2007 20:37:30 GMT, iain <af...@imb.clara.net> wrote:

>Ford Prefect <fo...@kaarefc.dk> wrote in

>> FORD: *Starting slightly before Trillian* What ...
>>
>>> FORD, ZAPHOD and TRILLIAN: *What did he just say now?* Time journey?!
>
>ARTHUR: You mean this isn't the afterlife?

GARKBIT: Afterlife sir? No, sir.

iain

Oct 25, 2007, 7:22:51 PM10/25/07
wrote in news:mtich3pa567a5miub...@4ax.com:

> On 16 Oct 2007 20:37:30 GMT, iain <af...@imb.clara.net> wrote:
>
>>Ford Prefect <fo...@kaarefc.dk> wrote in

>>> FORD: *Starting slightly before Trillian* What ...

>>ARTHUR: You mean this isn't the afterlife?
>
> GARKBIT: Afterlife sir? No, sir.

ARTHUR: *wanting to be clear about this point*
And we're not dead?

Lloyd Gilbert

Oct 26, 2007, 11:24:02 AM10/26/07
On 25 Oct 2007 23:22:51 GMT, iain <af...@imb.clara.net> wrote:

>afda.i...@invalid.zanoop.invalid.org.invalid.uk.invalid (Lloyd Gilbert)
>wrote in news:mtich3pa567a5miub...@4ax.com:
>
>> On 16 Oct 2007 20:37:30 GMT, iain <af...@imb.clara.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Ford Prefect <fo...@kaarefc.dk> wrote in

>>>ARTHUR: You mean this isn't the afterlife?
>>
>> GARKBIT: Afterlife sir? No, sir.
>
>ARTHUR: *wanting to be clear about this point*
> And we're not dead?

GARKBIT: *amused*
Aha, ha, no sir. Sir is most evidently alive, otherwise I
would not attempt to serve sir.

Ford Prefect

Oct 26, 2007, 1:51:54 PM10/26/07

FORD: *irritated*
Then where the photon are we?

Tian

Oct 26, 2007, 9:24:41 PM10/26/07

I like that. Invoking "photon" in place of an expletive.
Of course, in the original production no photons were excited
in the delivery of the information. However, here more photons
are used to share the line than are mentioned in it. So it goes.

--
Tian
http://tian.greens.org

Amro Bank

Oct 28, 2007, 7:57:36 PM10/28/07
On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 19:51:54 +0200, Ford Prefect <fo...@kaarefc.dk>
wrote:

ZAPHOD:
(*Suddenly*) Hey, I’ve sussed it. This must be Milliways!

--
Amro

Professor Urban Chronitis

Oct 29, 2007, 10:43:02 PM10/29/07
Ohhh, commentary! I haven't seen that done since Mystery Science 3000
was on the air. Will this become a regular thing? Please say yes.

Kåre Fiedler Christiansen

Oct 30, 2007, 12:46:08 PM10/30/07

You have a way to ensure it does... :-)

Best,
Kåre

Ford Prefect

Oct 31, 2007, 1:46:49 PM10/31/07

FORD: *Astounded, yet pleased* Milliways!

Lloyd Gilbert

Oct 31, 2007, 2:39:35 PM10/31/07
On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 18:46:49 +0100, Ford Prefect <fo...@kaarefc.dk>
wrote:

GARKBIT: *Glad to confirm*
Yes, this is Milliways, the Restaurant at the end of the
Universe.

pippa...@gmail.com

Nov 4, 2007, 5:54:29 AM11/4/07
On 31 Oct, 19:39,
afda.inva...@invalid.zanoop.invalid.org.invalid.uk.invalid (Lloyd
Gilbert) wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 18:46:49 +0100, Ford Prefect <f...@kaarefc.dk>

> wrote:
>

> >On Mon, 2007-10-29 at 00:57 +0100, Amro Bank wrote:

> >> ZAPHOD:
> >> (*Suddenly*) Hey, I've sussed it. This must be Milliways!
>
> >FORD: *Astounded, yet pleased* Milliways!
>
> GARKBIT: *Glad to confirm*
> Yes, this is Milliways, the Restaurant at the end of the
> Universe.

Milliways is one of those new-fangled metric restaurants. There are,
of course, one thousand Milliways in one Way.

The restaurant was, in fact, named after its founder. As has been
documented elsewhere, Gordon Way became a ghost after being shot by an
Electric Monk. Over the billennia his psychic force began to fade and
dissipate until at the time of the End of the Universe just one
thousandth of his original spirit remained. It was this fragment that
founded the restaurant.

Or maybe not...

Professor Urban Chronitis

Nov 7, 2007, 8:46:06 PM11/7/07
Yes! More commentary! Excellent interjection by the way. I actually
was reaching for my copy of the book to see if Gordon Way had been
referenced. Quite the little feat, had it occurred. Which it hadn't.
So it isn't. hrumph.

please continue.

iain

Nov 10, 2007, 7:40:01 AM11/10/07
Gilbert) wrote in news:vhihi3lvriqe4neqb...@4ax.com:

>>> ZAPHOD:
>>> (*Suddenly*) Hey, I’ve sussed it. This must be Milliways!
>>
>>FORD: *Astounded, yet pleased* Milliways!
>
> GARKBIT: *Glad to confirm*
> Yes, this is Milliways, the Restaurant at the end of the
> Universe.

ARTHUR: *startled* End of what?

Lloyd Gilbert

Nov 10, 2007, 8:18:02 AM11/10/07
On 10 Nov 2007 12:40:01 GMT, iain <af...@imb.clara.net> wrote:

>afda.i...@invalid.zanoop.invalid.org.invalid.uk.invalid (Lloyd

>>>FORD: *Astounded, yet pleased* Milliways!
>>
>> GARKBIT: *Glad to confirm*
>> Yes, this is Milliways, the Restaurant at the end of the
>> Universe.
>
>ARTHUR: *startled* End of what?

GARKBIT: The Universe.

iain

Nov 10, 2007, 5:04:05 PM11/10/07
wrote in news:okabj3d06djrflb2g...@4ax.com:

> On 10 Nov 2007 12:40:01 GMT, iain <af...@imb.clara.net> wrote:
>
>>afda.i...@invalid.zanoop.invalid.org.invalid.uk.invalid (Lloyd

>>> GARKBIT: *Glad to confirm*
>>> Yes, this is Milliways, the Restaurant at the end of the
>>> Universe.
>>
>>ARTHUR: *startled* End of what?
>
> GARKBIT: The Universe.

ARTHUR: When did that end?

Lloyd Gilbert

Nov 11, 2007, 3:21:19 AM11/11/07
On 10 Nov 2007 22:04:05 GMT, iain <af...@imb.clara.net> wrote:

>afda.i...@invalid.zanoop.invalid.org.invalid.uk.invalid (Lloyd Gilbert)
>wrote in news:okabj3d06djrflb2g...@4ax.com:
>
>> On 10 Nov 2007 12:40:01 GMT, iain <af...@imb.clara.net> wrote:
>>
>>>afda.i...@invalid.zanoop.invalid.org.invalid.uk.invalid (Lloyd

>>>ARTHUR: *startled* End of what?
>>
>> GARKBIT: The Universe.
>
>ARTHUR: When did that end?

GARKBIT: In just a few minutes, sir. Now, if you would care to order
drinks I'll show you to your table.

Kåre Fiedler Christiansen

Nov 12, 2007, 1:41:58 PM11/12/07

Commentary:

I suppose a few minutes on this froup is likely to be after the end of
our lifetimes anyway, so reason to panic yet :-)

Now, who was the froupophonic workshop? We need some narrator background
here :-)

Best
Kåre

Dave Adalian

Nov 12, 2007, 6:04:31 PM11/12/07
"Kåre Fiedler Christiansen" <ne...@kaarefc.dk> wrote in message

-Commentary:
-
-I suppose a few minutes on this froup is likely to be after the end of
-our lifetimes anyway, so reason to panic yet :-)
-
-Now, who was the froupophonic workshop? We need some narrator background
-here :-)
-
-Best
- Kåre

Have we got one of them? I guess I'll wait to do the narration while we
sort it out. Tea?

-- Dave

Read my latest astronomy column!
http://starry-starry-nights.blogspot.com/

P.S.: Ah ha! Your newsreader is still telling my newsreader not to put in
those useful arrows I keep moaning about, and now it's added "Unicode
(UTF-8)" to the subject line! This is some Euro-conspiracy because you guys
hate our freedoms! Ah ha! Freedom hater!

pippa...@gmail.com

Nov 13, 2007, 9:54:06 AM11/13/07

More Commentary:

This is the second time DNA has done the joke that "the end of the
[place name]" refers to a time of destruction, not a geographical
boundary. Was he starting to run out of ideas by this point?

pippa...@gmail.com

Nov 14, 2007, 7:12:58 AM11/14/07
Dave Adalian <dave.a...@PLZNOSPAMsbcglobal.net> wrote:
> "Kåre Fiedler Christiansen" <ne...@kaarefc.dk> wrote in message
>
> -Now, who was the froupophonic workshop? We need some narrator
> -background here :-)

> -
> -Best
> - Kåre
>

> Have we got one of them? I guess I'll wait to do the narration while
> we sort it out. Tea?

I finish my tea, then head into the froupophonic workshop's long
forgotten storeroom. I know what I'm looking for: It's called "The
Engulfed Cathedral" from "Snowflakes are Dancing". After searching
through piles of junk, and finding several real cathedrals being
engulfed by dancing snowflakes, I finally discover it.

There, beneath one of Lloyd's unstable early nuclear prototypes, is a
small mobile phone with exactly the right novelty ringtone. (Hmmm...
Maybe they really ARE a pretty neat idea after all!) I grab it, and run
back to the froup's studio, where I hold the phone up to the mike and
play the tune.

<s>GRAMS</s>PHONE: NARRATOR BACKGROUND

Dave Adalian

Nov 14, 2007, 1:14:30 PM11/14/07
<pippa...@gmail.com> wrote in message

NARRATOR (quickly folding up his newspaper, trying to look like he's been
paying rapt attention all the while and giving a quick a-hem to dislodge
anything that might disrupt his stentorian tone with an unplanned
and embarrassing squeak):

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe is one of the most extraordinary
ventures in the entire history of catering. A vast time bubble has been
projected into the future to the precise moment of the End of the Universe.
This is, of course, impossible.

In it, guests take their places at table and eat sumptuous meals whilst
watching the whole of creation explode about them. This is, of course,
impossible.

You can arrive for any sitting you like without prior reservation because
you can book retrospectively as it were when you return to your own time.
This is, of course, impossible.

At the restaurant you can meet and dine with a fascinating cross-section of
the entire population of space and time. This is, of course, impossible.

You can visit it as many times as you like and be sure of never meeting
yourself -- because of the embarrassment this usually causes. This is, of
course, impossible.

All you have to do is deposit one penny in a savings account in your own
era, and when you arrive at the end of time the operation of compound
interest means that the fabulous cost of your meal has been paid for. This
is, of course, impossible.

Which is why the advertising executives of the Star System of Bastablon came
up with this slogan: "If you've done six impossible things this morning why
not round it off with breakfast at Milliways, the Restaurant at the End of
the Universe?"

pippa...@gmail.com

Nov 21, 2007, 3:05:00 PM11/21/07
On 14 Nov, 18:14, "Dave Adalian" <dave.adal...@PLZNOSPAMsbcglobal.net>
wrote:
> <pippa.mo...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Dave Adalian <dave.adal...@PLZNOSPAMsbcglobal.net> wrote:
> >> "Kåre Fiedler Christiansen" <n...@kaarefc.dk> wrote in message
> Read my latest astronomy column!http://starry-starry-nights.blogspot.com/- Hide quoted text -

F/X: MUSIC AND GENERAL RESTAURANT BACKGROUND

(This is achieved by me single-handedly rattling plates and cutlery,
and talking quietly to myself in different voices. If anyone wants to
join in and rattle a few plates to help me out, then please feel free!)

Dave Adalian

Nov 21, 2007, 4:37:44 PM11/21/07
<pippa...@gmail.com> wrote in message

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Rutabaga rutabaga rutabaga rutabaga rutabaga rutabaga rutabaga rutabaga
rutabaga!

*rattle rattle*

Witch

Nov 22, 2007, 1:37:56 PM11/22/07
On Nov 21, 10:37 pm, "Dave Adalian"

<dave.adal...@PLZNOSPAMsbcglobal.net> wrote:
> <pippa.mo...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> F/X: MUSIC AND GENERAL RESTAURANT BACKGROUND
>
> (This is achieved by me single-handedly rattling plates and cutlery,
> and talking quietly to myself in different voices. If anyone wants to
> join in and rattle a few plates to help me out, then please feel free!)
>
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> Rutabaga rutabaga rutabaga rutabaga rutabaga rutabaga rutabaga rutabaga
> rutabaga!
>
> *rattle rattle*

COMPERE: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Restaurant (*pop*) at
the End of the Universe. I am your host for tonight, Max Quordlepleen,
and I've just come straight from the other end of time where I've been
hosting the show at the La Palma Island Burger Chef (*knock*) , where
we had a real way hay hay of an evening ladies and gentlemen, and I
will (*squeek*) be with you right through this tremendous historic
occasion, the end of history itself.

Kåre Fiedler Christiansen

Nov 22, 2007, 1:45:31 PM11/22/07

RANDOM RESTAURANT-GOER: *Gasps, then applauds wildly*

Witch

Nov 22, 2007, 4:48:12 PM11/22/07

COMPERE (bows a bit left and right): Thank you ladies and gentlemen,
take your places at table (*fweeeee*), the candles are lit, the band
is playing, and as the force shield(*pop*)ed dome above us fades into
tranparency revealing a d(*crackle*)ark and sullen sky hung heavy with
the ancient light of livid swollen stars I can see we're in for a
fabulous evening's apocalypse.

Thank you very much.

iain

Nov 29, 2007, 6:35:41 PM11/29/07
Witch <cvwil...@gmail.com> wrote in news:b3475eb7-3fc0-42c5-9c16-
d4e140...@i12g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

> Thank you very much.

ARTHUR: *Rather alarmed about the whole "end" thing and so quite keen to
go somewhere quieter and safer*
Do you do takeaways?

Lloyd Gilbert

Nov 30, 2007, 6:07:23 PM11/30/07
On 29 Nov 2007 23:35:41 GMT, iain <af...@imb.clara.net> wrote:

>Witch <cvwil...@gmail.com> wrote in news:b3475eb7-3fc0-42c5-9c16-
>d4e140...@i12g2000prf.googlegroups.com:
>>
>> Thank you very much.
>
>ARTHUR: *Rather alarmed about the whole "end" thing and so quite keen to
> go somewhere quieter and safer*
> Do you do takeaways?

GARKBIT: *Always a pleasure to inform a customer of what's available*
Ah ha, no sir, here at Milliways we only serve the finest in
Ultracuisine.

Amro Bank

Dec 1, 2007, 5:10:14 AM12/1/07
On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 23:07:23 +0000,
Gilbert) wrote:

>On 29 Nov 2007 23:35:41 GMT, iain <af...@imb.clara.net> wrote:
>
>>Witch <cvwil...@gmail.com> wrote in news:b3475eb7-3fc0-42c5-9c16-
>>d4e140...@i12g2000prf.googlegroups.com:
>>>
>>> Thank you very much.
>>
>>ARTHUR: *Rather alarmed about the whole "end" thing and so quite keen to
>> go somewhere quieter and safer*
>> Do you do takeaways?
>
>GARKBIT: *Always a pleasure to inform a customer of what's available*
> Ah ha, no sir, here at Milliways we only serve the finest in
> Ultracuisine.

ZAPHOD:
(*With disgust*) /Ultracuisine? Don't give me head pains. Look at
this... Algolian Zylatburger smothered in a hint of Vulcan Dodo spit./

--
Amro

Lloyd Gilbert

Dec 1, 2007, 5:35:43 AM12/1/07

Saliva, sir, saliva. The salivary gland of the Vulcan
UltraDodo is a delicacy much sought after.

Amro Bank

Dec 1, 2007, 10:23:10 AM12/1/07
On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 10:35:43 +0000,
Gilbert) wrote:

>On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 11:10:14 +0100, Amro Bank <am...@tuig.nl> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 23:07:23 +0000,
>>afda.i...@invalid.zanoop.invalid.org.invalid.uk.invalid (Lloyd
>>Gilbert) wrote:

>>>GARKBIT: *Always a pleasure to inform a customer of what's available*
>>> Ah ha, no sir, here at Milliways we only serve the finest in
>>> Ultracuisine.
>>
>>ZAPHOD:
>>(*With disgust*) /Ultracuisine? Don't give me head pains. Look at
>>this... Algolian Zylatburger smothered in a hint of Vulcan Dodo spit./
>
>GARKBIT: *Always a pleasure to inform a customer of what's available*
> Saliva, sir, saliva. The salivary gland of the Vulcan
> UltraDodo is a delicacy much sought after.

ZAPHOD:
/Not by me./

--
Amro

iain

Dec 1, 2007, 5:19:42 PM12/1/07
Amro Bank <am...@tuig.nl> wrote in

ARTHUR: What is an Algolian Zylatburger anyway?

Tian

Dec 3, 2007, 1:31:28 AM12/3/07
...smothered in a hint of..? Isn't that a bit of a Jumbo Shrimp comment?

--
Tian
http://tian.greens.org

Ford Prefect

Dec 6, 2007, 1:22:07 PM12/6/07
On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 22:19:42 +0000, iain wrote:

> ARTHUR: What is an Algolian Zylatburger anyway?

FORD: *Well, you /did/ ask*
They're a kind of meatburger made from the most unpleasant parts
of a creature well known for its total lack of any pleasant parts.

(sorry, I only just realised that this message for some reason never
seems to have hit the froup. It is in my outbox in Evolution as sent, but
apparently the evil newsserver never accepted it, and didn't even tell me
it didn't. Retrying doesn't seem to help! I'm now trying a different
usenet client (PAN))

iain

Dec 10, 2007, 2:41:26 PM12/10/07

> On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 22:19:42 +0000, iain wrote:
>
>> ARTHUR: What is an Algolian Zylatburger anyway?
>
> FORD: *Well, you /did/ ask*
> They're a kind of meatburger made from the most unpleasant parts
> of a creature well known for its total lack of any pleasant
> parts.

ARTHUR: *this seems rather underwhelming*
So you mean that the Universe does actually end not with a bang
but with a Wimpy?

(Are Wimpy even still around?)

Dave Adalian

Dec 10, 2007, 5:31:21 PM12/10/07
"iain" <af...@imb.clara.net> wrote in message

> Ford Prefect <fo...@kaarefc.dk> wrote in
>
>> On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 22:19:42 +0000, iain wrote:
>>
>>> ARTHUR: What is an Algolian Zylatburger anyway?
>>
>> FORD: *Well, you /did/ ask*
>> They're a kind of meatburger made from the most unpleasant parts
>> of a creature well known for its total lack of any pleasant
>> parts.
>
> ARTHUR: *this seems rather underwhelming*
> So you mean that the Universe does actually end not with a bang
> but with a Wimpy?
>
> (Are Wimpy even still around?)

The Wimpy Burger in Tulare, Calif., USA is gone. They even tore the
building down.

Tian

Dec 11, 2007, 2:25:30 PM12/11/07
Dave Adalian wrote:
> "iain" <af...@imb.clara.net> wrote in message
>> Ford Prefect <fo...@kaarefc.dk> wrote in

>>> FORD: *Well, you /did/ ask*
>>> They're a kind of meatburger made from the most unpleasant parts
>>> of a creature well known for its total lack of any pleasant
>>> parts.
>> ARTHUR: *this seems rather underwhelming*
>> So you mean that the Universe does actually end not with a bang
>> but with a Wimpy?
>>
>> (Are Wimpy even still around?)
>>

> The Wimpy Burger in Tulare, Calif., USA is gone. They even tore the
> building down.

The last time I had a Wimpy Burger I was in Geneva Switzerland.
It couldn't have been more recent than 1970. Talk about a blast from the
past!

--
Tian
http://tian.greens.org

Lloyd Gilbert

Dec 11, 2007, 3:06:57 PM12/11/07
On 10 Dec 2007 19:41:26 GMT, iain <af...@imb.clara.net> wrote:

>Ford Prefect <fo...@kaarefc.dk> wrote in
>
>> On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 22:19:42 +0000, iain wrote:
>>
>>> ARTHUR: What is an Algolian Zylatburger anyway?
>>
>> FORD: *Well, you /did/ ask*
>> They're a kind of meatburger made from the most unpleasant parts
>> of a creature well known for its total lack of any pleasant
>> parts.
>
>ARTHUR: *this seems rather underwhelming*
> So you mean that the Universe does actually end not with a bang
> but with a Wimpy?

GARKBIT: *Attempting to increase the whelming*
Believe me, sir, the Universe ends with a very big bang
indeed, and the food here is the ultimate gastronomic
experience.

Lloyd

Ford Prefect

Dec 12, 2007, 1:36:48 PM12/12/07

On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 20:06 +0000, Lloyd Gilbert wrote:
> On 10 Dec 2007 19:41:26 GMT, iain <af...@imb.clara.net> wrote:
>
> >Ford Prefect <fo...@kaarefc.dk> wrote in

> >> FORD: *Well, you /did/ ask*
> >> They're a kind of meatburger made from the most unpleasant parts
> >> of a creature well known for its total lack of any pleasant
> >> parts.
> >
> >ARTHUR: *this seems rather underwhelming*
> > So you mean that the Universe does actually end not with a bang
> > but with a Wimpy?
>
> GARKBIT: *Attempting to increase the whelming*
> Believe me, sir, the Universe ends with a very big bang
> indeed, and the food here is the ultimate gastronomic
> experience.

FORD: *Sarcastically*
Yes, but is it good?

It is loading more messages.