Yes, "War on women" is clearly a construct of the Democrats

Kevin

Aug 19, 2012, 7:05:04 PM8/19/12

Howard Hola Hail

Aug 19, 2012, 9:07:37 PM8/19/12
Kevin <K_S_O...@yh.com> wrote:

> and does not reflect any sort of reality:
>
> http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/08/todd-akin-legitimate-rape.php

There are a few proponents of evolutionary psychology who argue that
women evolved some kind of natural defenses to stop pregnancy that way.
They don't go nearly as far as that guy, but I wouldn't be surprised if
they're an inspiration.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2011/01/darwins_
rape_whistle.html

It sounds quite bogus.

http://blogs.plos.org/retort/2011/01/19/rape-whistling-in-the-dark/

http://blogs.plos.org/retort/2011/01/20/more-criticism-of-anti-rape-
adaptations/

Bering's defense of his point of view comes across as really weak.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2011/01/darwins_
rape_whistle_the_morning_after.html

He essentially says, why is this subject getting you so bothered, clearly
you're the one with the problem, and don't you understand, these are
scientists who made these four studies. He doesn't address the actual
substance of the critiques -- he can't really, the ground he's standing
on is just too weak.

Kajikit

Aug 19, 2012, 9:14:01 PM8/19/12
On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 18:05:04 -0500, Kevin <K_S_O...@yh.com> wrote:

>and does not reflect any sort of reality:
>
>http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/08/todd-akin-legitimate-rape.php

I just saw his lunacy on facebook... apparantly he's gone so far
over-the-top of believablity that even his fellow Republicans are
calling baloney.

Heather

Aug 19, 2012, 9:17:17 PM8/19/12
On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 18:05:04 -0500, Kevin <K_S_O...@yh.com> wrote:

Proving that the depths of ignorance and bigotry among the loony right
are limitless.

--
Heather

M C Hamster

Aug 19, 2012, 10:48:01 PM8/19/12
On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 18:05:04 -0500, Kevin <K_S_O...@yh.com> wrote:

He's leading in the polls by 9 points. It's Missouri.
--

"Big Wheel Keep on Turnin'" -- Creedence Clearwater Revival

rroger

Aug 19, 2012, 11:01:28 PM8/19/12
On Aug 19, 9:17 pm, Heather <redboro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 18:05:04 -0500, Kevin <K_S_ONe...@yh.com> wrote:
> >and does not reflect any sort of reality:
>
> >http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/08/todd-akin-legitimate-rape.php
>
> Proving that the depths of ignorance and bigotry among the loony right
> are limitless.

I remember years ago, Ron Reagan Jr. had a talk show and, one time the
topic, (or at least one of the topics), was on abortion. Besides
*Randall Terry, he had at least one other staunch pro life man on the
panel. *IF* my memory's right, here's one thing that happened. The
pro life man that wasn't R.T. was against abortion even in the case of
rape. However long after learning that the pro life man that wasn't
R.T. was against abortion even in the case of rape, at one point, an
audience member, I think female but I don't remember for sure, asked
the pro life man that wasn't R.T.: "what would happen if your teen age
daughter was raped", (or words to that effect)? The man sat there
and, with out missing a beat said, "then I become a grandfather".

--
rr-*a man who heads a pro life organization called Operation Rescue,
last that I knew, there are videos of him on youtube-oger

Charles Bishop

Aug 20, 2012, 1:14:01 AM8/20/12
In article <5o33389mhsc712a29...@4ax.com>, Heather
How do you feel about the loony left?

--
charles

Snidely

Aug 20, 2012, 12:42:13 AM8/20/12
Charles Bishop scribbled something on Sunday the 8/19/2012:
You need to give her a concrete example to comment on.

/dps

--
Who, me? And what lacuna?

Heather

Aug 20, 2012, 3:55:54 AM8/20/12
Everything has moved so far to the right that there isn't much loony
left around any more. To be called loony left now you just have to be
what was considered middle-of-the-road in the seventies.

--
Heather

bill van

Aug 20, 2012, 6:04:30 AM8/20/12
In article <s6r338ts87r8a9ae2...@4ax.com>,
Heather <redbo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 21:14:01 -0800, ctbi...@earthlink.net (Charles
> Bishop) wrote:
>
> >In article <5o33389mhsc712a29...@4ax.com>, Heather
> ><redbo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >>Proving that the depths of ignorance and bigotry among the loony right
> >>are limitless.
> >
> >How do you feel about the loony left?
>
> Everything has moved so far to the right that there isn't much loony
> left around any more. To be called loony left now you just have to be
> what was considered middle-of-the-road in the seventies.

I was definitely loony left in the early '70s. What does that make me
now?

bill

Peter Boulding

Aug 20, 2012, 7:50:48 AM8/20/12
On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 03:04:30 -0700, bill van <bil...@delete.shaw.ca> wrote
in <billvan-090452...@news.shawcable.net>:

>I was definitely loony left in the early '70s. What does that make me
>now?

Old.

--
Regards, Peter "You too, Bill? Bummer" Boulding
pjbn...@UNSPAMpboulding.co.uk (to e-mail, remove "UNSPAM")

Mary

Aug 20, 2012, 10:07:11 AM8/20/12
On Aug 19, 10:01 pm, rroger <raust...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Aug 19, 9:17 pm, Heather <redboro...@gmail.com> wrote:> On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 18:05:04 -0500, Kevin <K_S_ONe...@yh.com> wrote:
> > >and does not reflect any sort of reality:
>
> > >http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/08/todd-akin-legitimate-rape.php
>
> > Proving that the depths of ignorance and bigotry among the loony right
> > are limitless.
>
> I remember years ago, Ron Reagan Jr. had a talk show and, one time the
> topic, (or at least one of the topics), was on abortion.  Besides
> *Randall Terry, he had at least one other staunch pro life man on the
> panel.  *IF* my memory's right, here's one thing that happened.  The
> pro life man that wasn't R.T. was against abortion even in the case of
> rape.  However long after learning that the pro life man that wasn't
> R.T. was against abortion even in the case of rape, at one point, an
> audience member, I think female but I don't remember for sure, asked
> the pro life man that wasn't R.T.: "what would happen if your teen age
> daughter was raped", (or words to that effect)?  The man sat there
> and, with out missing a beat said, "then I become a grandfather".

How sweet. He found a way to make his daughter's rape, subsequent
pregnancy and the likely derailing of whatever plans she had for her
life to be all about him.

No. Sorry. These people are controlling assholes.

Mary

Mary

Aug 20, 2012, 10:07:55 AM8/20/12
On Aug 19, 9:48 pm, M C Hamster <davol...@nospam-speakeasy.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 18:05:04 -0500, Kevin <K_S_ONe...@yh.com> wrote:
> >and does not reflect any sort of reality:
>
> >http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/08/todd-akin-legitimate-rape.php
>
> He's leading in the polls by 9 points.  It's Missouri.

So, time to wheel out another dead candidate?

Mary

D.F. Manno

Aug 20, 2012, 11:05:16 AM8/20/12
Kevin <K_S_O...@yh.com> wrote:
> and does not reflect any sort of reality:
>
> http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/08/todd-akin-legitimate-rape.php

This is a common delusion of anti-choicers, and has been for years. In
1988, Stephen Freind, the powerful Pennsylvania state legislator who wrote
the law that led to the Planned Parenthood v. Casey SCOTUS decision,
claimed that it is "almost impossible" for a woman to become pregnant
through rape, as it causes her to "secrete a certain secretion, which has a
tendency to kill sperm."
--
D.F. Manno

Richard R. Hershberger

Aug 20, 2012, 11:25:09 AM8/20/12
> charles

This response is a common reflexive reaction by lunatic apologists. I am disappointed to see it coming from you, and I think you are better than that.

Richard R. Hershberger

Opus the Penguin

Aug 20, 2012, 12:11:57 PM8/20/12
That seems kind of non-responsive and manipulative.

--
Opus the Penguin
The best darn penguin in all of Usenet

Kajikit

Aug 20, 2012, 12:32:09 PM8/20/12
On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 21:14:01 -0800, ctbi...@earthlink.net (Charles
Bishop) wrote:

They do a whole lot less harm to the rest of the world.

M C Hamster

Aug 20, 2012, 2:21:01 PM8/20/12
The loony middle?

Dover Beach

Aug 20, 2012, 2:41:00 PM8/20/12
Kajikit <kaj...@jagcon.com> wrote in
Depends how loony and how lefty. Here, would you like an anti-Chomsky
screed?

http://www.worldaffairsjournal.org/blog/michael-j-totten/last-totalitaria

http://snipurl.com/24purim

M C Hamster

Aug 20, 2012, 3:11:01 PM8/20/12
On 20 Aug 2012 18:41:00 GMT, Dover Beach <moon.b...@gmail.com>
wrote:
That's pretty loony, but I'm not sure I see what harm Chomsky has done
to the rest of the world. (Although, now that I think of it, I kind
of butchered that question on the Linguistics 105 final, asking me to
translate Wolof into Finnish via Transformational Grammar, dammit.)

Joseph Nebus

Aug 20, 2012, 3:14:06 PM8/20/12
In <770c0cd5-4908-424e...@googlegroups.com> "Richard R. Hershberger" <rrh...@acme.com> writes:

>On Monday, August 20, 2012 1:14:01 AM UTC-4, Charles Bishop wrote:
>> In article <5o33389mhsc712a29...@4ax.com>, Heather
>>
>> >Proving that the depths of ignorance and bigotry among the loony right
>> >are limitless.
>>
>> How do you feel about the loony left?
>>
>> charles

>This response is a common reflexive reaction by lunatic apologists. I am disappointed to see it coming from you, and I think you are better than that.

If it weren't for false equivalence we wouldn't get any equivalence
at all!

--
http://nebusresearch.wordpress.com/ Joseph Nebus
Current Entry: The Least Pleasant Thing About WiiFit http://wp.me/p1RYhY-i6

art...@yahoo.com

Aug 20, 2012, 1:27:10 PM8/20/12
On Aug 20, 7:50 am, Peter Boulding <pjbne...@UNSPAMpboulding.co.uk>
wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 03:04:30 -0700, bill van <bill...@delete.shaw.ca> wrote
> in <billvan-090452.03043020082...@news.shawcable.net>:
>
> >I was definitely loony left in the early '70s. What does that make me
> >now?
>
> Old.

And, unlike Mr Akin, unelectable.

Charles Bishop

Aug 20, 2012, 6:50:13 PM8/20/12
Why?

--
charles

Charles Bishop

Aug 20, 2012, 6:50:47 PM8/20/12
<redbo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 21:14:01 -0800, ctbi...@earthlink.net (Charles
>Bishop) wrote:
>
>>In article <5o33389mhsc712a29...@4ax.com>, Heather
>><redbo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>Proving that the depths of ignorance and bigotry among the loony right
>>>are limitless.
>>
>>How do you feel about the loony left?
>

>Everything has moved so far to the right that there isn't much loony
>left around any more. To be called loony left now you just have to be
>what was considered middle-of-the-road in the seventies.

In Australia or in the US as well?

--
charles

Charles Bishop

Aug 20, 2012, 6:52:48 PM8/20/12
In article <770c0cd5-4908-424e...@googlegroups.com>,
What have I written that make you think I'm an apologist for lunitics?

--
charles

Charles Bishop

Aug 20, 2012, 6:54:31 PM8/20/12
In article <0kp438dnloc5p49kg...@4ax.com>, Kajikit
This would seem to be difficult to prove. Can I have an example of someone
you consider to be on the loony left?

--
charles

Heather

Aug 20, 2012, 6:54:04 PM8/20/12
On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 14:50:47 -0800, ctbi...@earthlink.net (Charles
Bishop) wrote:

>In article <s6r338ts87r8a9ae2...@4ax.com>, Heather
><redbo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 21:14:01 -0800, ctbi...@earthlink.net (Charles
>>Bishop) wrote:

>>>How do you feel about the loony left?
>>

>>Everything has moved so far to the right that there isn't much loony
>>left around any more. To be called loony left now you just have to be
>>what was considered middle-of-the-road in the seventies.
>
>In Australia or in the US as well?

Both, I imagine, although the US has always been more right-wing than
Australia.

--
Heather

rroger

Aug 20, 2012, 7:48:00 PM8/20/12
On Aug 20, 6:54 pm, ctbis...@earthlink.net (Charles Bishop) wrote:
> In article <0kp438dnloc5p49kg10atd6nj0mjt0k...@4ax.com>, Kajikit
>

> <kaji...@jagcon.com> wrote:
> >On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 21:14:01 -0800, ctbis...@earthlink.net (Charles
> >Bishop) wrote:

> >>How do you feel about the loony left?
>
> >They do a whole lot less harm to the rest of the world.
>
> This would seem to be difficult to prove. Can I have an example of someone
> you consider to be on the loony left?

Nancy Pelosi.

art...@yahoo.com

Aug 20, 2012, 8:46:16 PM8/20/12
On Aug 20, 6:50 pm, ctbis...@earthlink.net (Charles Bishop) wrote:
> In article <s6r338ts87r8a9ae22929f0al5erthd...@4ax.com>, Heather
>

> <redboro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 21:14:01 -0800, ctbis...@earthlink.net (Charles
> >Bishop) wrote:

> >>How do you feel about the loony left?
>
> >Everything has moved so far to the right that there isn't much loony
> >left around any more. To be called loony left now you just have to be
> >what was considered middle-of-the-road in the seventies.
>
> In Australia or in the US as well?

I didn't think that Coriolis forces affect politics.

bill van

Aug 20, 2012, 9:34:40 PM8/20/12
In article
<621ee017-3e9a-4d82...@l7g2000vby.googlegroups.com>,
It's a good thing I'm not running for office then. Cycling through the
park, yes.

bill

BillT...@invalid.com

Aug 20, 2012, 9:57:21 PM8/20/12
On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 14:50:13 -0800, ctbi...@earthlink.net (Charles
Bishop) wrote:

>>> How do you feel about the loony left?
>>
>>You need to give her a concrete example to comment on.
>
>Why?

To cement relations.

Tim Wright

Aug 20, 2012, 10:37:01 PM8/20/12
Don Vito Coriolis would beg to differ.

--

Tim W

BillT...@invalid.com

Aug 21, 2012, 1:46:15 AM8/21/12
On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 21:37:01 -0500, Tim Wright <tlwri...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> In Australia or in the US as well?
>>
>> I didn't think that Coriolis forces affect politics.
>>
>Don Vito Coriolis would beg to differ.

::awe::

Snidely

Aug 21, 2012, 2:47:51 AM8/21/12
Charles Bishop formulated the question :
Because otherwise your question is totally vague. She commented on a
particular example; give her another particular example.

/dps

--
Who, me? And what lacuna?

D.F. Manno

Aug 21, 2012, 11:08:20 AM8/21/12
Ya gotta stop drinking the Kool-Aid, Rog.
--
D.F. Manno

M C Hamster

Aug 21, 2012, 11:38:01 AM8/21/12
All lunatic apologists give this reflexive reaction.
You gave this reflexive reaction.

Can we then logically conclude that you are a lunatic apologist?

M C Hamster

Aug 21, 2012, 11:41:00 AM8/21/12
On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 16:48:00 -0700 (PDT), rroger <raus...@aol.com>
wrote:
So what harm to the rest of the world has Nancy Pelosi caused? Also,
give a specific example of some looniness she has demonstrated akin to
Akin.

Les Albert

Aug 21, 2012, 11:50:57 AM8/21/12
On 21 Aug 2012 10:41:00 -0500, M C Hamster
I don't say that she has harmed the world in any way, but here is a
specific example of some looniness she recently demonstrated re the
health care bill:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-05TLiiLU

Les

Opus the Penguin

Aug 21, 2012, 11:58:38 AM8/21/12
Yeah! He basically enforces the abiding principle of all politics:
What goes around comes around.

Charles Wm. Dimmick

Aug 21, 2012, 2:27:34 PM8/21/12
On 8/20/2012 6:04 AM, bill van wrote:
> In article <s6r338ts87r8a9ae2...@4ax.com>,
> Heather <redbo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 21:14:01 -0800, ctbi...@earthlink.net (Charles
>> Bishop) wrote:

>>> How do you feel about the loony left?
>>
>> Everything has moved so far to the right that there isn't much loony
>> left around any more. To be called loony left now you just have to be
>> what was considered middle-of-the-road in the seventies.
>
> I was definitely loony left in the early '70s. What does that make me
> now?

Depends on how much you have changed since then. Back in 1968 John
Rowland was a Eugene McCarthy supporter. He had a beard and rode a
motorcycle. By the 1980s he was a conservative Republican [and also
corrupt, as shown by his eventual ouster from the governorship].

charles

Charles Wm. Dimmick

Aug 21, 2012, 2:37:04 PM8/21/12
"You are not authorized to access this page. "

Les Albert

Aug 21, 2012, 2:45:52 PM8/21/12
Kneel in front of the computer and I will grant you access.

Les

Dover Beach

Aug 21, 2012, 3:04:55 PM8/21/12
"Charles Wm. Dimmick" <cdim...@snet.net> wrote in
Huh. Now it won't let me in either. Maybe it got mad at me for being
critical.

Opus the Penguin

Aug 21, 2012, 10:42:19 PM8/21/12
M C Hamster (davo...@nospam-speakeasy.net) wrote:
> (Charles Bishop) wrote:
>
>>What have I written that make you think I'm an apologist for
>>lunitics?
>
> All lunatic apologists give this reflexive reaction.
> You gave this reflexive reaction.
>
> Can we then logically conclude that you are a lunatic apologist?

Of course. It's called "affirming the consequent". Affirming is a good
thing. And "consequently" means that a statement logically follows. So
"affirming the consequent" means you're using good logic.

M C Hamster

Aug 22, 2012, 12:24:01 PM8/22/12
On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 08:50:57 -0700, Les Albert <lalb...@aol.com>
wrote:
Agreed that that is a very loony thing to say. Or maybe just stupid
as opposed to loony.

Xho Jingleheimerschmidt

Aug 22, 2012, 10:28:14 PM8/22/12
On 08/22/2012 09:24 AM, M C Hamster wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 08:50:57 -0700, Les Albert <lalb...@aol.com>
> wrote:
>

>> I don't say that she has harmed the world in any way,

I'm pretty sure she has, but my employers get pretty upset if I
intersperse in my notebooks my own comments about how dingbats have
harmed the world and then ask colleagues to spend their time witnessing
them.

>> but here is a
>> specific example of some looniness she recently demonstrated re the
>> health care bill:
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-05TLiiLU
>>

> Agreed that that is a very loony thing to say. Or maybe just stupid
> as opposed to loony.

I seems less looney than just stupid, or just ill-prepared for an speech
not considered to be of all that much interest. But certainly other
things she has said have been worse, although I haven't been keeping
official notes.

What I do recall is that every time she or Reid opened their mouths, I
thought "Holy fuck, I'll need to find a fifth option to vote for".
Because McKinney and Barr, really, what the flaming Hell?

(This time around, Obama makes me think that without any assistance from
Pelosi or Reid.)

Xho