Drunk Kids in an ALL AGES VENUE

Evil Lister

Oct 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/13/96

Ok here is my most recent experience with drunken bastards.
my older brother who works for a small promotional company for bands,
and clubs asked me to work that night as a door man/bouncer. it was
an all ages venue, which means hardly any adults go to these things.
there were 4 bands on the list to play, one of the bands was from a
local high school(dont know, dont care). This band had of course a
bunch of girlfriends/groupies/etc. they were pretty much all in the
age of 12-16 years old.

at around 4:30pm the entire group, sitting in the parking lot, sat and
drank about 2 cases of some local ice beer, and proceeded to dump the
cans onto the parkinglot(a dumpster was only 30 feet away). after i
told them that it would be a "bad thing" to just leave the cans in our
neighbors parking lot, they started picking up the cans in resentment.
after a few hours i noticed a car driving out and as it drove out i
noticed all the cans that they had supposedly disposed of were sitting
underneath the car that was pulling out. they just moved all their
garbage to the next car.

Latter on as the show was going, they and thier friends continued to
drink, and ignored all my reguest to stop going in and out of the
building(no re-entry), but they have some weird trip about being with
the band, or being in the band. i was new at bouncing and they were
drunk so i let it go.

Eventually some of the band members decided to call the co-promoter a
fat bitch and threw warm beer in her face(they had not yet played, and
they did not have a back up band). some words were exchanged and they
latter went on. And as they played they were told many times that
their set time would be only 40 minutes long, no more. well they
apparently forgot all about it and played for over an hour, putting
headling bands behind their schedule(some were touring and needed to
be out of town that night after the show). The promoter pulled the
plug on the band, they got pissed then were escourted out of the
building with one of the drunks screaming child abuse and harassment.

note:none of this would happen if the kids didnt have a such a young
ego, and were NOT DRINKING SHITTY ICE BEER!

PS. I have this friend of mine who a pretty tough woman, i truly
wished she was there, cause i really wanted to smack a few of these
young preppy bitches, and im sure my friend would like to as well.

Evil Lister

Steve Kellett

Oct 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/13/96

Evil Lister <eli...@masterpiece.com> wrote in article
<53pknq$6...@juliana.sprynet.com>...

> Ok here is my most recent experience with drunken bastards.

<Tale of not particularly badly fucked-up gig snipped>

No. This was an experience with drunken arseholes. There is a great world
of difference.

Drunken bastards would probably have either:

1) Constructed a 40' beer pyramid next to the dumpster as an existential
protest.

2) Performed an act of accidental self immolation with Everclear.

3) Not have been within 5 miles of your weeny gig anyhow.

It's also a salutory lesson in how not to deal with a bunch of pricks in a
support band who can't keep to the running order.

Now, did you ever get the feeling that you posted this to the wrong group?
(rec.music.makers.guitar "might" have been better), although there are a
couple of posters here who work in concert security (peacekeeper springs to
mind), this is the last place to post this sort of whingling rubbish.

Don't let the door hit you on the arse on your way out.

Steve K

Dal & Leaf

Oct 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/13/96

In article <53pknq$6...@juliana.sprynet.com>, Evil Lister
<eli...@masterpiece.com> writes

(snip some frighteningly irritating shit)

> This band had of course a
>bunch of girlfriends/groupies/etc. they were pretty much all in the
>age of 12-16 years old.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Now this *is* a worrying thing.

I have snipped the rest as I feel it is a worthless load of juvenile
crap.

Why the fuck didn't this *bouncer* just call their mommies and daddies?

Leaf----shaking her head in disbelief

cla...@imap2.asu.edu

Oct 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/13/96

Evil Lister (eli...@masterpiece.com) wrote:
: after a few hours i noticed a car driving out and as it drove out i

: noticed all the cans that they had supposedly disposed of were sitting
: underneath the car that was pulling out. they just moved all their
: garbage to the next car.

This is about the time you should have taken your 5-wood, "accessed" the
vehicle these fucknuts were sitting in, and ensured that the cans would
be properly disposed of. Alternatively, you could have gotten some of
the more experienced bouncers to compact the cans using the bowels of
said fucknuts.

: i was new at bouncing and they were drunk so i let it go.

Although I would normally applaud deference to my inebriated brethren,
these young luke perry's weren't deserving. Don't let some 16 your old
piece of shit push you around.

: The promoter pulled the

: plug on the band, they got pissed then were escourted out of the
: building with one of the drunks screaming child abuse and harassment.

That's a really toughie...sure. How's about minor in posession and
public intoxication. Turn the law on the fucknuts.

: note:none of this would happen if the kids didnt have a such a young

: ego, and were NOT DRINKING SHITTY ICE BEER!

Sure it wasn't malt liquir? Mickey's has that effect on me.

: PS. I have this friend of mine who a pretty tough woman, i truly

: wished she was there, cause i really wanted to smack a few of these
: young preppy bitches, and im sure my friend would like to as well.

What's stoppping ya? Just say you were doing your duty and maintaining
order in the club...what do you think they employ bouncers for?

Oso
young punks! Back in my day...
http://www.public.asu.edu/~clancy/adb/adb.html - My ADB Page
http://www.public.asu.edu/~clancy/adb/hob.html - The Hall of Bastards
http://www.primenet.com/~machado/drunk.html - The ADB Homepage

Jaz

Oct 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/14/96

>building with one of the drunks screaming child abuse and harassment.

That band should do a gig at the nightclub I use to unfortunately
frequaint. They would have been kicked them out on their butts with a
few well placed rib kicks to teach them some manners.
--
Jaz - Ya never see Micheal Bolton trashing the stage or pissing on the audience.

hr...@imap2.asu.edu

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

<KARATECHOP>

Evil,
As a full time adb, and a part time bouncer I would have KICKED
ASS!! You Suck as a bouncer....given it was a favor for your bro and
all... but come on....12-16 year old punks....I wouldn't have let them
drink in the parking lot....If they would have littered...they also would
have ate it....I would have stuffed my fist so far up there bung holes
they wouldn't have know what hit them....fun job, isn't it....8)

John Ive Duic Email: hr...@IMAP2.asu.edu

Dal & Leaf

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

In article <NfIBKPA1...@vain.demon.co.uk>, Jaz
<J...@vain.demon.co.uk> writes

Ha ha ha! Michael Bolton!!!
Damn! How do you use this Turnpike thing? Where have I been? I'm back!

Leaf---who took the lid off the pute?

Turnpike evaluation. For information, see http://www.turnpike.com/