Rumors a buzzin' about The Haunted Mansion in WDW

Steven Acevedo

Aug 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/25/98

J.T.Toad sent me a very disturbing e-mail concerning our beloved
Haunted Mansion in Liberty Square. Read all about on my Haunted
Mansion site. Go directly to this link:

http://members.tripod.com/~sacevedo/hmnews.htm.

Also I am working on an HM story involving Madam Leota escaping from
her crystal ball in The Seance Room. It should be completed very soon.

http://members.tripod.com/~sacevedo/hmansion.htm

Bartender Sam

Aug 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/25/98
Steven Acevedo wrote:

> J.T.Toad sent me a very disturbing e-mail concerning our beloved
> Haunted Mansion in Liberty Square. Read all about on my Haunted
> Mansion site. Go directly to this link:
>
> http://members.tripod.com/~sacevedo/hmnews.htm.

That freaking stinks!

I geuss now that they have destroyed JT's favorite ride it was time to
destroy mine.....

Do I believe it.... Well, it's right up WDW's alley, they are great at
destroying something that is almost perfect by injecting some frivolous
pop culture in it... that really sucks.

--
Bartender Sam

Veteran Paratrooper, Flag Waving Republican, Die hard Tampa Bay
Buccaneers Fan, Disney Parks Junkie, and All Around Cool Guy....

Help save Mr. Toads Wild Ride! <http://www.savetoad.com>
The alt.disney.disneyworld FAQ <http://home.earthlink.net/~spoilsport/>

Jason or Hope Maxwell

Aug 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/25/98
Bartender Sam wrote in message <35E2EBF6...@earthlink.net>...

>Steven Acevedo wrote:
>
>> J.T.Toad sent me a very disturbing e-mail concerning our beloved
>> Haunted Mansion in Liberty Square. Read all about on my Haunted
>> Mansion site. Go directly to this link:
>>
>> http://members.tripod.com/~sacevedo/hmnews.htm.
>
>Do I believe it.... Well, it's right up WDW's alley, they are great at
>destroying something that is almost perfect by injecting some frivolous
>pop culture in it... that really sucks.

And what's worse, the best they could come up with is Robin Williams?!?!

It would be a *little* easier to swallow, if they had picked a person who
was the voice of a villain, like Jeremy Irons...but the Genie! That would
totally change the mood of the attraction.

I hope it's only a rumor, but if it's not, the next time the Disney Company
crashes, it's savior will be able to swoop in and make a bunch of money, by
restoring and bringing back old attractions.

Hope Maxwell
hop...@gte.net
TDC Princess Belle, Rocket Scientist, Builder of All Things That Go BOOM!

Steven Acevedo

Aug 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/25/98
On The Tue, 25 Aug 1998 10:51:22 -0700, "Jason or Hope Maxwell"
<jas...@gte.net> wrote::

I'm one of those people who believes that dark irony will be swift
upon this too. Such as The Spirits of Paul Frees and Walt putting a
scare into the current crass corporation. I do believe in ghosts. I'm
not kidding about this.

Steven

Christian

Aug 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/25/98

As much as I love Robin Williams, this would just totally ruin the
attraction...since I know that Disney has people that peruse these
newsgroups, let me be amont the first to say

LEAVE PAUL FREES' VOICE ALONE!

Paul is the once and future Ghost host, don't even think about replacing
him!

just my 2 cents.

Christian
TDC Somewhat Swedish, Culinarily-Inclined Haunted Mansion Cobweb Checker and
4*D Projectionist

Petrina

Aug 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/26/98
Robin Williams in the Haunted Mansion. That would ruin the ride.
Haunted Mansion is not a funny, happy ride.

"Christian" <cweigert_...@geocities.com> wrote:

>As much as I love Robin Williams, this would just totally ruin the
>attraction...since I know that Disney has people that peruse these
>newsgroups, let me be amont the first to say

>LEAVE PAUL FREES' VOICE ALONE!

>Paul is the once and future Ghost host, don't even think about replacing
>him!

Petrina Kilborn-Bexfield
Melbourne, FL
http://www.geocities.com/Wellesley/4931

founder - Florida Theme Parks Club
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/flthemeparks

Steve Preskitt

Aug 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/26/98
On Wed, 26 Aug 1998 01:44:54 GMT, deann...@mindspring.com (Petrina)
wrote:

>Robin Williams in the Haunted Mansion. That would ruin the ride.
>Haunted Mansion is not a funny, happy ride.

Actually it is, but not in a manic Robin Williams way. I too hope
that Disney steers away from fixing what ain't broke.

Steve

Laurence Goldstein

Aug 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/26/98
Lets start a "save Paul Frees" movement.
Is Thurl Ravenscroft next to be removed.
Paul and Thurl are the "voice of Disney"
Regards,
Laurence (TDC Overlord Of All WDW Survey Markers
Christian wrote in message <6rv3ds$c...@newsops.execpc.com>...

>As much as I love Robin Williams, this would just totally ruin the
>attraction...since I know that Disney has people that peruse these
>newsgroups, let me be amont the first to say
>
>LEAVE PAUL FREES' VOICE ALONE!
>
>Paul is the once and future Ghost host, don't even think about replacing
>him!

Jaxxis

Aug 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/26/98
Why would they close this ride "Especially" around Halloween. I think
these is a bunch of bull, but they might do it later on.

Steven Acevedo wrote:

> J.T.Toad sent me a very disturbing e-mail concerning our beloved
> Haunted Mansion in Liberty Square. Read all about on my Haunted
> Mansion site. Go directly to this link:
>
> http://members.tripod.com/~sacevedo/hmnews.htm.

Al Lutz

Aug 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/26/98
Jason or Hope Maxwell wrote:
> And what's worse, the best they could come
> up with is Robin Williams?!?!

Ever see Timekeeper at MK in WDW? I guess the reason they think Williams is
such a good idea is because the suits in charge have NEVER seen this
attraction operating with a real everyday audience.

Williams jokes swoop over people's heads like the Blue Angels at the local
airshow. The vast majority of folks are clueless about what he's saying
during most of the attraction. Some people do get his stuff - but after
seeing the reactions in Timekeeper - I wonder if that audience is the right
one for his stuff.

And imagine how old this schtick will get after a year or so - keeping in
mind that Disney has been cutting back on updating / maintaining rides [in
particular at Disneyland] and that just says to me - "Orlando, we have a
problem here..." ;)

Al
[who thinks Williams is best offered up SPARINGLY]
--
Al Lutz -- (alw...@aol.com) -- FDC & TDC "Deluxe" Chrome Buzz Lightyear
Author of D-I-G - (Disneyland Info Guide) http://members.aol.com/alweho

Mark Himes

Aug 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/26/98
to Steven Acevedo
This certainly "wreaks" of troll-itis. But in the event that it is not,
I send my 2-cents to Disney OPPOSING this suggestion of using
RWilliams. You're right, it sucks either way (Troll Rumor or
potential fact).

Mark
(remove leading C from return address to email me direct)

JT Toad

Aug 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/26/98
On Tue, 25 Aug 1998, Bartender Sam say:

> I geuss now that they have destroyed JT's favorite ride it was time to
> destroy mine.....

Well, I won't say how much I like the Mansion, cos I don't want to
encourage those bastards.

> Do I believe it.... Well, it's right up WDW's alley, they are great at
> destroying something that is almost perfect by injecting some frivolous
> pop culture in it... that really sucks.

I'd like to say that I am really not sure about this. An anonymous tip
from someone who seemed quite sincere and whose address was not from the
usual troll farms.

I am suspicious of the source, but I am even more suspicious of Disney
lately, so maybe someone is just playing me for kicks.

The project is supposed to be extremely hush-hush (maybe just so if we
don't unearth anything, it'll be playing into the hoax), but it doesn't
sound out of step with Disney's recent idiocy.

Who ever expected Gilbert Gottfried would invade the Tiki Room?

Madness.

JT Toad
Toadi Acceleratio

Save Mr. Toad's Wild Ride! - <http://www.savetoad.com> - All hail Toad!

JT Toad

Aug 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/26/98
On 26 Aug 1998, Al Lutz say:

> Ever see Timekeeper at MK in WDW? I guess the reason they think
> Williams is such a good idea is because the suits in charge have NEVER
> seen this attraction operating with a real everyday audience.

Gotta agree with Al here. I think Robin Williams is great in Cranium
Command, but pretty lame in Timekeeper. I think he just phoned that one
in for a paycheck. Not the right venue for him.

I suppose next they will redo Spaceship Earth with Tim Allen or Drew Carey
or some other nonsense.

When you remove Walter Cronkite from any project, you should not only be
fired, but they should string you up on national teevee and old Walter
should come out and say "You sir...are a damned fool!"

JT Toad
Semper Absurda

Bartender Sam

Aug 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/26/98
Al Lutz wrote:

> Williams jokes swoop over people's heads like the Blue Angels at the
> local
> airshow. The vast majority of folks are clueless about what he's
> saying
> during most of the attraction. Some people do get his stuff - but
> after
> seeing the reactions in Timekeeper - I wonder if that audience is the
> right
> one for his stuff.

The real kicker to this is that the english version of the Timekeeper
show is much better at Disneyland Paris because it is not done by
Williams...

Jenn Mandelion

Aug 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/26/98
>"Christian" <cweigert_...@geocities.com> wrote:
>>As much as I love Robin Williams, this would just totally ruin the
>>attraction...since I know that Disney has people that peruse these
>>newsgroups, let me be amont the first to say
>>LEAVE PAUL FREES' VOICE ALONE!

I know the rumor came from a reputable source... but I don't buy it!

Lots of stuff at WDW has completely sucked lately... and even tho I don't
agree with the choices, I can see the corporate reasoning behind the krappy
decisions. For example:

1. Closing Toad - They want the prime real estate to sell more pooh.
2. Re-Doing Tikis - The show wasn't a large enough draw as it was, so they
decided to incorporate two of the new popular characters to give it a new
audience.
3. 20K Sitting Empty - Probably just costs a lot to maintain... so to save
$, they shut it down.
4. Adding McDonalds - Parents probably appreciate a place to feed their
kids (and themselves) cheaply... and in turn are more likely to visit the
parks more frequently. And by bringing in McDs, they don't have to lower
their dining profit margin, and they have a happy little corporate
relationship they can count on for advertising support every time a new
Disney movie comes out.

Those are just a few, and altho a lot of us think they suck... I'm sure we
can all see the thinking behind the decision (weasely or not).

But sticking Robin Williams' voice on two hugely popular attractions? THAT
IS JUST INSANITY!!! Why would they update two attractions that already have
a huge draw? Pirates and the Mansion are probably two of the biggest
percent per gate admission attractions. The only reason they ever renovate
stuff is to attract more people to the park, or to advertise a particular
property... why would they spend a chunk of change renovating something that
people already like?

Besides... having Robin Williams' presence in Timekeeper and DisneyQuest is
enough already. If they use him anywhere else... they run the risk of a
marketing disaster. What if Robin is caught on tape screwing a horse or
something? I'm being extremely sarcastic, but do you see my point?

The only theory that holds any weight is that maybe the copyright is running
out on the current voice-overs for Pirates and the HM. Does anyone have any
idea when these recordings were made... and how long Disney can use them
without having to cough up more cash?

BTW - I have a history for being extremely naive... especially where Disney
is concerned. I just can't believe they'd screw with two attractions that
are already perfect (well, almost perfect... I want the un-PC version of
Pirates back). But as a friend mentioned earlier tonight... perhaps I'm
giving them too much credit.

-jenn

Save Mr. Toad's Wild Ride! <http://www.savetoad.com>

Marla Jenkins

Aug 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/27/98
Not to mention that Robin Williams also does the voice and a cartoon in one
of the backstage tours at MGM about animation...I happen to love Robin
Williams but he is just NOT a good fit for the Mansion....No way, no
how...it'll destroy my favorite ride!!!

~~~Marla Jenkins~~~
TDC Keeper and Caretaker of the Main Street Electrical Parade Floats

Jenn Mandelion wrote in message
<6s2jt4$feu$1...@birch.prod.itd.earthlink.net>...

DrD

Aug 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/27/98

JT Toad <j...@winona.cs.miami.edu> wrote in article
<Pine.ULT.3.96.980826...@cs.cs.miami.edu>...

No, no, no. Not Tim or Drew. We need more women role
models/voice-overs--see for example The World of Energy.

Voice required for Spaceship Earth: Fran Drescher.

::ducking and running::

Steve Denham
TDC Barbie Headhunter
--
Remove spamblock from header, and replace with stevedrd to reply to me.

Save Mr. Toad's Wild Ride! - <http://www.savetoad.com> - All hail Toad!

"How can we POSSIBLY use sex to get what we want? Sex IS what we want!"
--Dr. Frasier Crane

Dwight R. Klettke

Aug 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/27/98
?
When did Cranium Command get changed?
--

Dwight R. Klettke
dwight...@juno.com

dav...@my-dejanews.com

Aug 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/27/98
In article <35E2EBF6...@earthlink.net>,

spoil...@earthlink.net wrote:
> Steven Acevedo wrote:
>
> > J.T.Toad sent me a very disturbing e-mail concerning our beloved
> > Haunted Mansion in Liberty Square. Read all about on my Haunted
> > Mansion site. Go directly to this link:
> >
> > http://members.tripod.com/~sacevedo/hmnews.htm.
>
> That freaking stinks!

> I geuss now that they have destroyed JT's favorite ride it was time to
> destroy mine.....
>
> Do I believe it.... Well, it's right up WDW's alley, they are great at
> destroying something that is almost perfect by injecting some frivolous
> pop culture in it... that really sucks.
>
> --
> Bartender Sam
>
> Veteran Paratrooper, Flag Waving Republican, Die hard Tampa Bay
> Buccaneers Fan, Disney Parks Junkie, and All Around Cool Guy....
>
> Help save Mr. Toads Wild Ride! <http://www.savetoad.com>
> The alt.disney.disneyworld FAQ <http://home.earthlink.net/~spoilsport/>

Bartender Sam,

I completely agree with you. I'm new here, but I am a proud Toad supporter
and am completely sickened by what Ei$ner is doing to the parks.

Aside from the money issues, I'm beginning to get very suspicious that Ei$ner
is trying to completely reinvent Disney to give *everything* a slick '90's
feel, drive out as much of the Classic Disney culture from that *horrible*
period (the company's entire history before he came) as he can, and trying
to put his own misguided "stamp", or "spin" on Walt's Legacy.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they scrap the film soundtrack to
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs to get rid of all those "outdated" voices,
replacing them with an "updated" version featuring several of Ei$ner's
90's celebrity chums, although I shouldn't say this, cause those idiots
will probably think its a good idea.

I don't care if Paul Frees' voice, or Wally's, Fulton's, and Thurl's,
(Tiki Room) are considered "outdated" because modern audiences don't know
them. To me, that is their appeal! I prefer to associate a voice ONLY with a
character than with the face of the actor playing the character. It makes the
characters more believable and real for me, because they only exist in the
fantasy world and have fewer ties to the "real" one.

Apparently, Walt felt the same way. He didn't cast "big names" in his early
Animated Classics, and even stood behind a screen while casting so he
wouldn't be influenced by visual appearance.

But Ei$ner has no respect whatsoever for Mr. Disney's Legacy or the
company's rich tradition or heritage - the things that made Disney great and
made most of us fans in the first place. Remember, this is the guy who almost
closed the Animation Department when he first took over, and said DL's
Peoplemover was replaced with the Rocket Rods because he was a Type-A person
who was in a hurry and preferred the fast-paced to the leisurely. Never mind
what the customers want, or people of ALL ages who want to experience the
parks together, as was Walt's original plan. (Actually, I love thrill rides,
but that's not why I go to Disney, and I don't want them as replacements for
non-thrill rides, only as additions).

Sadly, from a "purist" point of view, I suspect things will get much worse
than they are now before they get any better.

Why not be done with it and stop hiding behind pretend admiration for Walt.
Change the name to "The Michael Ei$ner Company", because that's really what
they are right now. And get rid of that "outdated" statue of Walt and Mickey.
A more appropriate "updated" choice would be Scrooge Mc Duck and Michael,
each grinning devilishly from ear to ear, holding as many bags o' money and
Mc Donald's products as their grubby little hands can carry!

David S.
New Orleans

SAVE TOAD! www.savetoad.com

"Fantasy, if it's really convincing, can't become dated, for the simple
reason that it represents a flight into a dimension that lies beyond the
reach of time."

"I love the nostalgic myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of
the past."

"There's enough land here to hold ALL the ideas and plans we can possibly
imagine."

-Walt Disney

SMyers

Aug 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/27/98
DrD wrote in

>No, no, no. Not Tim or Drew. We need more women role
>models/voice-overs--see for example The World of Energy.
>
>Voice required for Spaceship Earth: Fran Drescher.

There would be a reason to forever avoid Spaceship Earth.............

Rob

Aug 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/27/98

Jenn Mandelion wrote:

> 1. Closing Toad - They want the prime real estate to sell more pooh.

Yep, The Disney Store and most of the park isn't enough, they gotta move
more pooh crap.

> 2. Re-Doing Tikis - The show wasn't a large enough draw as it was, so they
> decided to incorporate two of the new popular characters to give it a new
> audience.

I'm mixed on this one, didn't see the old show much, but the new show is
okay. I just wish they would let the Tiki Bird song complete, let them start in
on something else, THEN let Iago interrupt.

> 4. Adding McDonalds - Parents probably appreciate a place to feed their
> kids (and themselves) cheaply... and in turn are more likely to visit the
> parks more frequently. And by bringing in McDs, they don't have to lower
> their dining profit margin, and they have a happy little corporate
> relationship they can count on for advertising support every time a new
> Disney movie comes out.

Those marketing people at it again. Bringing together the best known of
family entertainment and (I hate to say this) but the best known of family
dining and you've got a marketing/sales promotion powerhouse.

> Besides... having Robin Williams' presence in Timekeeper and DisneyQuest is
> enough already. If they use him anywhere else... they run the risk of a
> marketing disaster. What if Robin is caught on tape screwing a horse or
> something? I'm being extremely sarcastic, but do you see my point?

First off, Jenn, thanks for a visual I didn't really need. Took me a minute
to get up off the floor and back into my chair after reading that one.
Somehow, he fits in Disney Quest, but I'm not a big fan of him as Timekeeper. I
keep looking at him like he's Robin Williams, not a robot. Adding him into
other attractions, that aren't broke (although they could upgrade Pirates to the
DL level) doesn't make sense. It's going to cost them money to do that, which
they're desparately trying not to spend in other places that truly need the
investment. Just as an example, how about something other than a mindless
commercial devoid of any entertainment value wasting space in the Studios under
the name "One Saturday Morning Sound Show". Since Robin does so many neat
voices, put him into an attraction there that would actually give folks a reason
to go into that sound stage. He's a movie star, that's where he belongs.

After the Aladdin fiasco when Disney and Robin had their split, was part of
the make up deal letting him voice over the entire place? I'm beginning to
wonder.......

Michael - Robin, we want to make things up to you, what can we do?
Robin - Well Mikey, buck up some cash for the 3rd Aladdin video, and oh
yeah, I wanna be the voice of Disney. Take your time, but within 10 years I
want my voice to be the only one heard in the parks. I'll even do the Spanish
monorail announcements too. (in an imitation voice) Yo Quiero Disneyworld! Oh
yeah, let's bury the Hook movie too. Don't want people to think I ever did a
bad film.
Michael - Okay, have another bag of money, we can do this. We'll do Test
Track last, it'll be a while before we need your voice for that. Should we also
obliviate Popeye, that was a pretty bad movie too.
Robin - Oh yeah, forgot about that stinker.

> Save Mr. Toad's Wild Ride! <http://www.savetoad.com>

Okay, that's enough venting for one night. They might take Toad out of the
Park, but they can't take Toad out of our memories and hearts.

--
Rob
Go Lightning! Go Storm!

Rob

Aug 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/27/98

DrD wrote:

> No, no, no. Not Tim or Drew. We need more women role
> models/voice-overs--see for example The World of Energy.

I'll go along with that.

> Voice required for Spaceship Earth: Fran Drescher.

Even after an afternoon of drinking with Sam at the Rose & Crown, Germany,
Norway and Mexico I still wouldn't go along with that.

> ::ducking and running::

You better!

Bartender Sam

Aug 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/28/98
Rob wrote:

> DrD wrote:
>
> > No, no, no. Not Tim or Drew. We need more women role
> > models/voice-overs--see for example The World of Energy.
>
> I'll go along with that.
>
> > Voice required for Spaceship Earth: Fran Drescher.
>
> Even after an afternoon of drinking with Sam at the Rose & Crown,
> Germany,
> Norway and Mexico I still wouldn't go along with that.

Ha! Folks after an afternoon of drinking with me at the Rose & Crown,
Germany,
Norway and Mexico you should see the women he would go along with....
;o)

> > ::ducking and running::

Ahhh Rob, you should actually duck and **COVER**.... ;o)

--
Bartender Sam

Veteran Paratrooper, Flag Waving Republican, Die hard Tampa Bay
Buccaneers Fan, Disney Parks Junkie, and All Around Cool Guy....

Help save Mr. Toads Wild Ride! <http://www.savetoad.com>

Walt Disney

Aug 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/28/98
There is a refurbishment planned for the Haunted Mansion and Yes the
soundtrack did come up, but as of right now there are no plans in
altering the beloved "Ghost Host"

SLChris

Aug 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/29/98

Christian <cweigert_...@geocities.com> wrote in message
6rv3ds$c...@newsops.execpc.com...

>As much as I love Robin Williams, this would just totally ruin the
>attraction...since I know that Disney has people that peruse these
>newsgroups, let me be amont the first to say
>
>LEAVE PAUL FREES' VOICE ALONE!
>
>Paul is the once and future Ghost host, don't even think about replacing
>him!
>
>just my 2 cents.

As much as I hate to say it, they obviously don't care what anyone thinks
anymore...except mr. eisner (and yes, I decapitalized him on purpose).

Keep 'em Coasting!

SLChris
Webmaster
_____________________________________
The Lift Hill Megasite(TM)
http://www.lifthill.com/

SLChris

Aug 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/29/98

SLChris

Aug 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/29/98

Walt Disney <WaltD...@WDW.org> wrote in message 35E674...@WDW.org...

>There is a refurbishment planned for the Haunted Mansion and Yes the
>soundtrack did come up, but as of right now there are no plans in
>altering the beloved "Ghost Host"

<sarcasm on>

Hey, it's from Walt himself, so it must be the truth.

<sarcasm off>

JT Toad

Aug 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/29/98
On Thu, 27 Aug 1998, Dwight R. Klettke say:

> JT Toad wrote in message ...
> >I think Robin Williams is great in Cranium Command
> When did Cranium Command get changed?

I believe Robin Williams was always the drill sargeant in Cranium COmmand,
but I'm sure someone can correct me if I'm wrong about that.

JT Toad
Semper Absurda

Teresa Bigbee

Aug 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/29/98
JT,
I read the e-mail you sent to Steven and I was wondering if you or Steven
had ever confirmed your source?
Before we get all riled up maybe we should make sure it's not somebody's
idea of a joke.

Teresa

Chris Marino

Aug 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/29/98
I hope this is only a rumor that you guys have kept alive.
Removing toad is one thing. Making something so stupid and calling it a
"haunted mansion" is beyond stupid

Petrina wrote:

> Robin Williams in the Haunted Mansion. That would ruin the ride.
> Haunted Mansion is not a funny, happy ride.
>

> "Christian" <cweigert_...@geocities.com> wrote:
>
> >As much as I love Robin Williams, this would just totally ruin the
> >attraction...since I know that Disney has people that peruse these
> >newsgroups, let me be amont the first to say
>
> >LEAVE PAUL FREES' VOICE ALONE!
>
> >Paul is the once and future Ghost host, don't even think about
> replacing
> >him!

Dwight R. Klettke

Aug 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/29/98
The drill sergeant...
Oh, yeah.
I'm sure you're right. I had forgotten that character. Sorry.

Chuck Strom

Aug 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/30/98
Teresa Bigbee wrote:

What a concept !!

Chuck Strom ( 5 days and counting, but who's counting !! )

DrD

Aug 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/31/98
Chuck Strom <ch...@strom.cnchost.com> wrote in article
<35E93A68...@strom.cnchost.com>...

Well, yes, but...

My disbelief at the rumor of the closing of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (revealed
in RADP on August 4, 1997 by Dennis Hennen, whose roommate Mike knew
somebody who said it was being closed and replaced with a "Winney the Pooh
ride". This was a trip report for a June 20-23 trip. Bill Sears also
indicated something amiss in his report dated June 23, 1997) fell much in
the same class.

This is a wake up call, folks. It can happen to *any* attraction.

While they may not be able to take my memories from me, they are busily
reducing the opportunities to share those memories with others.

/sarcasm on
But, of course, consumers only have a mean attention span of something like
five minutes, so where is the sense in shared memories or word of mouth
advertising. We'll just buy TV time.
sarcasm off/

Steve Denham
TDC Barbie Headhunter

--
Remove spamblock from header, and replace with stevedrd to reply to me.

Save Mr. Toad's Wild Ride! - <http://www.savetoad.com> - All hail Toad!

Seven Days.

JT Toad

Aug 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/31/98
Teresa Bigbee say:

> I read the e-mail you sent to Steven and I was wondering if you or
> Steven had ever confirmed your source?

As of now, no, I haven't confirmed anything.

The difficulty is that Disney is not at all forthcoming with info of this
sort. While I'd be the first one to be happy to find out this is all a
hoax, and I currently have absolutely no proof whatsoever that this is
really going to go down, I thought it was important enough to mention,
even tho it is entirely unconfirmed.

For what it's worth, I believe that my source believes that this is all
true. Whether the source has any clue is another matter.

JT Toad
Semper Absurda