Here Are Kannada Fonts for the Mac

Giri Shivaram

Jan 31, 1994, 5:36:16 PM1/31/94
Kannadigare,
I finally succeeded in obtaining a Kannada font for the Mac that works
on all Systems (i.e. 6.x, 7.x) from Shri Prakash Rao of Bloomington, MN. He
was kind enough to send me the fonts by mail on a disk. The next two articles
on this newsgroup will be (1) the font in 12 point, and (2) the font in 24
point. I Stuffed the file and then BinHexed it, so you will need a program
like StuffIt to decode them. If anyone is interested in a few nice looking
Devnagari and Tamil fonts, I have them also. Just e-mail me and I will send
them to you. BTW, they all print superbly on a laser printer and scale fairly
well! So, here they are, and remember, any thanks are due to Prakash.

Giridhar.

Bhaktharam Keshavachar

Feb 2, 1994, 1:18:49 PM2/2/94

Thanks a lot for the kannada fonts to Giri and Shri Prakash Rao. Well it works.
I just used a utility "mcvert" to convert them into mac font files and then
copied it onto the Fonts folder in the system folder and lo! in MS WORD I could
type in Kannada.

A minor problem we don't have the template for the keyboard. I am sure we
cam make one but It would have been nice to have a template.

Thanks again.

Mathe Sigona,
Bhaktha

Raju Muthu

Feb 2, 1994, 5:47:16 PM2/2/94
Please let me know if any one knows about kannada fonts for PCs.
True type fonts for tamil and other languages are easily
accessible but I haven't heard anything for kannada.

Dr. Srinivasan would be knowing about the current status.

bye
raju

--
rrrrrrrrrrrr jjj j