VON PEIN KFC STORE ON LINE

Gil Jesus

Apr 21, 2010, 12:53:58 PM4/21/10

If anyone wants to see it :

http://www.kfcplainfield.com/index.html

tomnln

Apr 21, 2010, 1:11:10 PM4/21/10
THAT EXPLAINS WHERE HE GOT ALL OF HIS CHICKENSHIT ! ! !

"Gil Jesus" <gjj...@aol.com> wrote in message

timstter

Apr 21, 2010, 4:35:32 PM4/21/10
On Apr 22, 2:53 am, Gil Jesus <gjjm...@aol.com> wrote:
> If anyone wants to see it :
>
> http://www.kfcplainfield.com/index.html

Looks like they offer employment, Verm

You could do worse than hop in that dud Silverado and drive y'self
there and try out for a job.

Whaddaya say?

Regards,

Tim Brennan
Sydney, Australia
*Newsgroup(s) Commentator*

David Von Pein

Apr 21, 2010, 9:22:30 PM4/21/10

I posted the following chicken-related quip in an earlier post, but
I'm going to repeat it here, because I think it's quite humorous:

:) :) :) :)

My KFC restaurant was considering adding a new item to the menu in
1997, called the "Bonnie Ray Williams Special". It consisted of a
chicken-on-the-bone sandwich, with a side of Frito's corn chips, and a
bottle of Dr. Pepper.

Unfortunately, after it was test marketed in three cities in the
northwest United States, we had to scrap the whole thing. The lawsuits
were starting to pile up, with 12 people in the Seattle area alone
having to be rushed to the hospital because of bones piercing their
gullets and tracheas. Not a pretty situation.

Somehow, though, Bonnie Ray managed to keep from being hospitalized
after consuming his chicken-on-the-bone sandwich on Friday, November
22, 1963. (He must've had some really strong choppers.)

Another thing that put a big crimp in our proposed "Bonnie Ray
Special" plans was the fact that in order to get the reduced price for
the delicious bone-crunching pack, a customer had to purchase their
Dr. Pepper soft drink from this vending machine on the first floor of
the Texas School Book Depository Building (which wasn't an easy thing
to do in nineteen hundred and ninety-seven, seeing as how the machine
was long gone by that time):

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc151/David_Von_Pein/MISCELLANEOUS%20JFK-RELATED%20PHOTOS/202CD496Photo7DrPepperMachineInTSBD.jpg?t=1271682392

======================================

COLONEL SANDERS ADDENDUM:

Here's a cool hunk of trivia that a lot of JFK fans probably are not
aware of:

Colonel Harland Sanders (1890-1980) was the very first contestant/
guest to appear on the popular television game show "What's My Line?"
following the assassination of President Kennedy.

The Colonel's "What's My Line?" appearance was on Sunday, December 1,
1963. (The program was not on the air the previous Sunday, November
24th, due to the uninterrupted network TV coverage of the aftermath of
JFK's assassination.)

Sanders, who was dressed in his now-famous all-white outfit, wasn't a
"Mystery Guest" on the live WML program, because he wasn't very well-
known at that time in 1963, so the show's panel wasn't blindfolded.

There was no mention of President Kennedy or his assassination during
the 12/1/63 "What's My Line?" broadcast. I have heard that the
television networks made it a strict policy (on the "live" TV shows of
that era which were still in existence) to not comment on the
assassination in the days and weeks which followed the tragedy.

The Colonel also appeared on another TV game show shortly after JFK's
death, putting in a guest appearance on "I've Got A Secret" in 1964.

On that program, the show's host, Garry Moore, displayed to the camera
Sanders' $2-million check that the Colonel had just received as a
result of selling his restaurant corporation to John Y. Brown's
business group.

When Sanders talked about how his chicken was "finger-lickin' good",
the "I've Got A Secret" studio audience let out a big laugh. They had
apparently never heard that slogan before. But soon, it would become
the trademark slogan for the whole KFC franchise.

Both of Colonel Sanders' game-show appearances in 1963 and 1964 can be
seen here:

http://DVP-Potpourri.blogspot.com/2010/04/game-shows-with-colonel-sanders.html

lazu...@webtv.net

Apr 22, 2010, 1:38:18 PM4/22/10
Yeah Von Pein, but where was the Colonel nov. 22 1963?.......laz

aeffects

Apr 22, 2010, 1:54:10 PM4/22/10
On Apr 22, 10:38 am, lazuli...@webtv.net wrote:
> Yeah Von Pein, but where was the Colonel nov. 22 1963?.......laz

lmfao! ! ! !

timstter

Apr 22, 2010, 5:25:48 PM4/22/10
On Apr 23, 3:38 am, lazuli...@webtv.net wrote:
> Yeah Von Pein, but where was the Colonel nov. 22 1963?.......laz

Oh dear. Now Laz thinks Colonel Sanders was in on it.

Concerned Regards,