Re: ROBERT HARRIS AND THE SAGA OF CE842

Message has been deleted

David Von Pein

May 16, 2010, 5:38:19 AM5/16/10

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.assassination.jfk/browse_thread/thread/a0b29d1e6fb9f760

In September of 2009, conspiracy theorist Robert Harris started the
forum thread linked above, wherein he was positive that Texas Highway
Patrol Officer Bobby M. Nolan had not placed his initials on
Commission Exhibit No. 842 (the "foreign body" envelope containing
bullet fragments removed from Governor Connally's wrist), which is an
envelope that Nolan received from Parkland Hospital nurse Audrey Bell.

Harris said this in the above-linked thread:

"The [Connally] fragments were labelled as CE842. .... Where do
you see Nolan's initials [on CE842]? .... There is NO envelope among
all the records that are available to the public which contain Nolan's
initials. That envelope was destroyed." -- Robert Harris; September 8,
2009

But when eagle-eyed "ShutterBun" discovered the very next day that
Bobby Nolan's initials were, in fact, on CE842 (but the envelope
needed to be turned upside-down to read the initials properly), Bob
Harris was forced to eat a substantial bit of crow concerning this
issue and was forced to acknowledge that Nolan's initials are, indeed,
visible on CE842.

Here is ShutterBun's 9/9/09 post concerning the verification of
Nolan's initials:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.assassination.jfk/msg/25e6514781981040

Well, Robert Harris wasn't bound to accept total defeat regarding this
CE842 issue. Since he could no longer claim that Nolan's initials were
not on the envelope in question, Harris decided to look more closely
at some of the other initials that appear on that piece of evidence.
And what did Mr. Harris find? He found that Audrey Bell's initials had
very likely been planted or forged onto CE842 (and somebody else's
initials had been crudely erased right underneath Bell's initials).

Harris makes this allegation regarding the alleged "forged" initials
of Audrey Bell in an Internet forum thread he started at John Simkin's
Education Forum last month, on April 19, 2010 (and he has probably
made the very same allegation here at the acj and aaj forums too):

"The FBI...altered the evidence envelope that held the bullet
and forged the name of nurse Audrey Bell, to make it appear that the
envelope held the fragments from Connally's wrist, instead of the
bullet from his leg." -- Robert Harris; 4/19/10

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=15792

Well, here on May 16, 2010, eight months after the confirmation of
Bobby Nolan's initials on the envelope seen in CE842, I decided to
take another look at Bob Harris' video called "The Scam Of
CE399" (which was recently made available on Jim DiEugenio's CTKA.net
website as well).

http://jfkhistory.com/ce399f/ce399f.mov

And then I decided to perform the same simple piece of investigation
that ShutterBun had performed in September 2009 -- I simply turned
Commission Exhibit No. 842 upside-down and looked at the initials that
Harris is claiming are the "forged" initials of nurse Audrey Bell.

And what did I find?

I found that the initials that Harris believes are Bell's are, in
fact, the initials of Dallas Police Captain J. Will Fritz ("JWF").
Let's have a look:

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc151/David_Von_Pein/MISCELLANEOUS%20JFK-RELATED%20PHOTOS/CE842TheInitialsOfJWFritz.jpg?t=1274000684

Here's CE842 as it appears on page 841 of Warren Commission Volume 17:

http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh17/html/WH_Vol17_0434a.htm

And to confirm that the "JWF" initials that we see in CE842 are
consistent with the known handwriting of Captain John Will Fritz of
the Dallas Police Department, I looked up several different documents
that contained Fritz' signature, and I confirmed that the "JWF" seen
in CE842 does, indeed, match the handwriting of Fritz (see the three
examples linked below; and pay particular attention to the way Captain
Fritz writes the letter "W", with very sharp points at the bottom of
each "W"):

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/04/0494-002.gif

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/04/0497-002.gif

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/05/0500-002.gif

And, btw, in Robert Harris' very own telephone interview with Bobby
Nolan, Nolan told Harris that after he received the envelope from
Nurse Bell at Parkland, he then took the envelope to the Dallas Police
Department and turned it over to "someone...in Will Fritz' office":

"When I took the bullet down to the police department, I gave it
to someone there. .... IT WAS IN WILL FRITZ' OFFICE." -- Bobby M.
Nolan; Via telephone conversation between Nolan and Robert Harris;
circa 2009 (Emphasis added by DVP)

Therefore, it seems perfectly reasonable to find Fritz' initials
("JWF") on that envelope in CE842.

I guess Mr. Harris didn't learn his lesson last September. That lesson
being this one:

Before accusing people of planting or forging evidence in the JFK
murder case, be sure to look at all of the evidence UPSIDE-DOWN.

And that really should be an easy rule for conspiracy theorists to
follow too, because all of their theories about the JFK assassination
are always upside-down and topsy-turvy anyway.

So, I guess Bob Harris will need to revise his conspiracy theory
concerning CE842 yet again. And this time I would assume that Harris
will claim that Captain Fritz' "JWF" initials have been "forged" onto
the envelope.

Right, Bob?

http://JFKAssassinationForum.com/index.php/topic,2486.msg45901.html#msg45901

David Von Pein

May 16, 2010, 8:06:55 AM5/16/10

MIKE WILLIAMS SAID:

>>> "David, How could someone [Robert Harris] have made such an elementary and obvious mistake?" <<<

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Well, I'll admit, until this morning (5/16/10), even I didn't bother
to turn CE842 upside-down to confirm that Robert Harris is full of
crap regarding the alleged "forged" initials of Parkland Hospital
nurse Audrey N. Bell.

I was prompted to turn the exhibit upside-down when I was watching
Harris' "The Scam Of CE399" video, and I said to myself that none of
the letters that Harris said he was seeing in CE842 were letters that
I could see at all.

Harris claimed that the "Audrey Bell forgery" included a lower-case
"B" and, naturally, the first initial must be an "A" (the "A", as we
can see now, of course, is really the "F" in "JWF"):

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc151/David_Von_Pein/MISCELLANEOUS%20JFK-RELATED%20PHOTOS/CE842TheInitialsOfJWFritz.jpg?t=1274000684

So, what Bob Harris essentially was doing was winging it -- i.e., he
was making up unsupportable crap as he went along.

And I also noted that the "N" (Bell's middle initial) that Harris was
saying is visible in CE842 looked much more like an "M" to me, which
was another thing that prompted me to turn the exhibit over and look
at it. And, of course, an upside-down "M" is -- voila -- a "W" (which
is the W in "JWF").

And the really funny part about this CE842 nonsense of Bob's is that
he made the same error TWICE when examining the very same exhibit! He
TWICE failed to turn the exhibit upside-down, which would have solved
any mystery surrounding Bobby Nolan's and Captain Fritz' initials
within two seconds of examining CE842 in an upside-down position.

MIKE WILLIAMS SAID:

>>> "Once these things have been shown to Mr Harris, I wonder why he does not make a correction?" <<<

DVP SAID:

Well, to be perfectly fair, I doubt that Bob Harris has even seen my
posts about the alleged Audrey Bell stuff yet. I just posted this
material this morning.

And Bob did correct himself in September 2009 after someone else
proved that Nolan's initials were on CE842. And Harris also corrected
his video too. I've also taken note that the original video's URL
(which had "399a" in the URL's code) is now deleted, and Bob is now up
to "399f" on that video. Which means, I assume, that Bob has gone
through six different versions of that video (a through f). It looks
like "G" is in order now, so he can erase his latest embarrassment
regarding the "forged" initials of Audrey Bell.

MIKE WILLIAMS SAID:

>>> "The snake oil business must be booming." <<<

DVP SAID:

It always is amongst JFK conspiracy theorists. That fact is obvious
every time a new conspiracy book comes out, and (of course) every time
Robert Harris posts a video on YouTube or on his "JFK History"
Internet website.

Jason Burke

May 16, 2010, 6:32:55 PM5/16/10

harris making up unsupportable crap!?! Say it ain't so!