Debunking The HSCA's Acoustical Evidence

David Von Pein

Jan 9, 2008, 3:43:45 PM1/9/08

DEBUNKING THE HOUSE SELECT COMMITTEE'S
ACOUSTICS EVIDENCE.....

"If you could prove to me that there was no police officer in
the place where he had to be, you would falsify {the acoustics
evidence}." -- G. Robert Blakey; 2003

Well, Dale K. Myers has certainly done that, Mr. Blakey. .....

http://jfkfiles.com/jfk/html/acoustics.htm

In fact, upon looking at the Robert Hughes film a few additional times
recently, it's very, very easy to debunk the HSCA's acoustics
(Dictabelt) evidence via JUST THE HUGHES FILM ALONE.

Why?

Because it's obvious from the Hughes Film that there is not going to
be a DPD police motorcycle in the area near the intersection of Elm &
Houston Streets by the time the first shot occurs (which the HSCA said
was fired at about Zapruder Frame #157).....

http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/hsca/report/html/HSCA_Report_0039a.htm

Robert Hughes' November 22 filmmaking vantage point (looking due north
from the corner of Main & Houston Streets) is ideal for determining
whether a police motorcycle was (or could have been) near the Elm/
Houston intersection at the time when the HSCA said it was essential
for a cycle to be located there.

The Hughes Film follows the President's car as it turns the corner at
Elm and Houston. This would be only a matter of about 2 to 3 seconds
before the first shot was fired, per the HSCA analysis. And we can
even see JFK's limo completely disappear from view around the Elm
corner before Hughes stops filming momentarily.

And guess what? -- THERE IS NO MOTORCYCLE ANYWHERE NEAR THE CORNER OF
ELM & HOUSTON AT THIS CRITICAL POINT IN TIME ON THE HUGHES FILM.
(Unless we want to count the two motorcycles which are flanking the
left side of the Secret Service follow-up car. But these cycles are
certainly ruled out as potential candidates for having the stuck-open
microphone, because they were both a significant distance WEST of the
Elm/Houston intersection at the time of the first gunshot.)

Nor, for that matter, is there any motorcycle visible on Houston
Street AT ALL in the Hughes Film in the crucial seconds after
President Kennedy's car has made its turn onto Elm.

Moreover, it's not until a few seconds AFTER Kennedy's limo turns the
corner onto Elm that we get our first glimpse of Officer H.B. McLain,
as he comes into Hughes' view in the foreground (with McLain having
just then started his turn from Main onto Houston). And it was McLain
who was supposed to be very near the Elm corner at the time of the
first shot, according to the HSCA.

The Hughes Film is linked below. There's not a police motorcycle to be
seen on Houston Street at the critical moments in question when the
House Select Committee on Assassinations needed a cycle near the
corner of Elm & Houston. .....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KEPyzR1c_mc

Here's a freeze-frame image from the Hughes Film:

http://216.122.129.112/dc/user_files/11973.jpg

The President's limousine has already turned the corner in the above
photo. The Secret Service follow-up car is in the middle of its turn,
right behind JFK's vehicle. And there's not a motorcycle in sight on
Houston Street, and it's only approximately three seconds before the
first gunshot was fired in Dealey Plaza.

So, while it's very nice, indeed, that Dale Myers has taken the time
and effort to synchronize all of the various films together (to prove
beyond any and all doubt that no motorcycle was near the Elm corner
when the HSCA needed the policeman's open microphone there), I think
it's fairly obvious that pretty much the very same acoustical
debunking can be achieved by watching JUST the Robert Hughes film.

David Von Pein
November 2007

www.DavidVonPein.blogspot.com

Message has been deleted

David Von Pein

Jan 10, 2008, 11:22:44 PM1/10/08

www.google.com/group/alt.assassination.jfk/msg/e5b5ac38e9bb2dd4

>>> "The Hughes film shows McLain rounding the corner at about 20 MPH, yet 6 or so seconds later Myers places McLain way back even farther back that where we see him in the Hughes film." <<<

But a very important often-overlooked fact is that the Hughes Film has
a cut/splice in it...just after the limo disappears from Hughes' view.
For some reason, certain CTers fail to notice this obvious stoppage of
filming by Hughes PRIOR to when we see McLain come into view.

How long did Hughes stop filming? Impossible to tell with 100%
certainty. But it wasn't more than a very few seconds. But the point
is, McLain doesn't enter Hughes' field of vision until AFTER the break
in the film.

And since the first shot was almost certainly fired within no more
than 2 to 3 seconds of the limo turning the corner (which is captured
by Hughes on film; the limo has completed its turn in fact), I think
it's therefore fairly obvious that there's no way in the world that
H.B. McLain (who is seen through Hughes' camera in the Main/Houston
intersection AFTER Hughes stopped filming then started filming again)
could be near the corner of Elm & Houston by the time of the first
gunshot, which is where Blakey and the HSCA need a cycle to be in
order for their acoustics/Dictabelt scenario to work out properly.

>>> "Watching the Robert Hughes film debunks Myers." <<<

As usual, a conspiracy kook turns the obvious on its head.

Fact is, the Hughes Film, all by itself, invalidates the HSCA's
acoustics (Dictabelt) evidence. Just one look at the film makes that
readily apparent.

http://jfkfiles.com/jfk/html/acoustics.htm

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KEPyzR1c_mc

aeffects

Jan 11, 2008, 11:43:21 AM1/11/08
there you go.... "quoting" yourself, again......