The Murder Of Officer J.D. Tippit --- Re.: The Bullets And The Bullet Shells

David Von Pein

Mar 24, 2007, 3:53:28 AM3/24/07
THE J.D. TIPPIT MURDER.....

THE BULLETS AND THE BULLET SHELLS.....

When examining the murder of Dallas Patrolman J.D. Tippit on November
22, 1963, the only possible reasonable conclusion to reach with
respect to the $64,000 question of "WHO DID IT?", given the evidence
that exists in the case, is the following conclusion:

LEE HARVEY OSWALD MURDERED OFFICER TIPPIT.

Regarding the bullets and the bullet shells (cartridge cases):

It's quite possible that there was a fifth (missed) shot fired by Lee
Oswald at the Tippit murder scene on Tenth Street in Oak Cliff/Dallas
on 11/22/63 -- with one of the five bullets never being recovered by
anyone (be it the police or anyone else).

Witness Ted Callaway always maintained he heard FIVE shots fired, not
just four. Within Callaway's 1964 Warren Commission testimony, we find
this.....

MR. CALLAWAY -- "I heard what sounded to me like five pistol shots."

MR. BALL -- "Five pistol shots?"

MR. CALLAWAY -- "Five shots; yes, sir."

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/callaway1.htm

~~~~~~~~

Other witnesses also said that the number of shots they heard could
possibly have exceeded four, including Warren Reynolds.....

MR. LIEBELER -- "How many shots did you hear?"

MR. REYNOLDS -- "I really have no idea, to be honest with you. I would
say four or five or six. I just would have no idea. I heard one, and
then I heard a succession of some more."

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/reynolds.htm

~~~~~~~~

To be fair here, there were several witnesses who only heard three
gunshots being fired at Officer Tippit, which we know is wrong, based
on the fact that four bullets were recovered from Tippit's body after
the shooting. So earwitness testimony like this must always be taken
with a large grain of salt.

But in addition to the earwitness accounts of the shooting, it's also
possible that the father-in-law of Tippit witness Barbara Davis might
have picked up a fifth bullet shell from the front or side yard of the
Davis property sometime after the shooting on November 22, 1963.

On Page #272 of Dale Myers' 1998 authoritative book on the Tippit
murder ("With Malice"), the following passage can be found:

"In 1996, eyewitness Barbara J. Davis mentioned that she found a shell
like those she and Virginia {Davis} recovered the day of the {Tippit}
murder among the possessions of her father-in-law, Louis Davis.

'He was staying with Virginia at the time of the shooting,' Barbara
remembered. 'A short time after the murder, he mentioned to my husband
that he had found a shell. But, he never showed it to me and I didn't
pay too much attention, because he was kind of a peddler, a junk man,
you know.'

Virginia Davis confirmed the story, adding that the elder Davis had
found the shell the day of the shooting, but wanted to hang on to it
for a 'keepsake'."

~~~~~~~~

Also -- The pro-conspiracy argument that there must have been more
than one gun involved in J.D. Tippit's murder because multiple types
of ammunition were recovered from Tippit's body is simply a very weak
argument -- because such an argument totally ignores the fact that Lee
Harvey Oswald's gun, when he was arrested, was loaded with BOTH types
of bullets that were dug out of Officer Tippit's body.*

* = And if that little tidbit of info isn't an additional decent-sized
reason to point an accusing finger of guilt at Lee Harvey Oswald with
respect to Tippit's murder, then I don't know what would be. And this
would be apart from the known fact that the four bullet shells that
were found in the Davis' yard were conclusively linked to Oswald's
revolver (a gun that Oswald had ON HIM when arrested inside the Texas
Theater).

Just consider the following four items for a moment and then add them
up (with a dose of common sense sprinkled in as well):

1.) Multiple bullet shells found near the Tippit murder scene were
traced to Oswald's gun (a gun Oswald himself was carrying just 35
minutes after the murder of Officer Tippit).

2.) The slugs pulled from Officer Tippit's body were a COMBINATION of
Winchester-Western bullets and Remington-Peters bullets.

3.) The spent cartridge cases found at the Tippit murder scene were a
COMBINATION of Winchester-Western cartridge cases and Remington-Peters
cartridge cases.

4.) The six unfired bullets found in Lee Harvey Oswald's gun (which he
was carrying and attempting to use on the arresting police officers
when he was apprehended in the theater) were a COMBINATION of
Winchester-Western bullets and Remington-Peters bullets (exactly three
of each type).

~~~~~~~~

I wonder if anyone can provide the odds of the above four things
occurring and yet also having Lee Oswald, somehow, remaining
completely innocent of killing Officer J.D. Tippit?

Do conspiracy believers look upon the "Combination of Winchester and
Remington" bullet evidence as yet another in an amazing series of
"coincidences" that links an innocent "Patsy" named Oswald to J.D.
Tippit's murder?

Or were those plotters who were supposedly framing Oswald so good that
they knew to shoot Tippit with the exact same types of ammunition that
Oswald just happened to have in his gun on the afternoon of 11/22/63?

Plus -- Joseph D. Nicol, who was one of nine ballistics experts to
examine the bullets taken from Tippit's body, said that one of the
four bullets inside Tippit could, indeed, be conclusively linked to
Oswald's gun "to the exclusion".....

MR. EISENBERG -- "Mr. Nicol, I hand you a group of four bullets marked
Commission Exhibits 602, 603, 604, and 605, which I state for the
record were recovered from the body of Officer Tippit, and a group of
two bullets marked Commission Exhibit 606, which I state for the
record were fired by the FBI through the revolver, Commission Exhibit
143."

http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh17/html/WH_Vol17_0148b.htm

http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh16/pages/WH_Vol16_0269a.jpg

MR. EISENBERG -- "Did you examine Exhibits 602 through 605 to
determine whether they have been fired from the same weapon as fired
606?"

MR. NICOL -- "Yes, I did."

MR. EISENBERG -- "What was your conclusion?"

MR. NICOL -- "Due to mutilation, I was not able to determine whether
605, 604, and 602 were fired in the same weapon. There were similarity
of class characteristics--that is to say, there is nothing evident
that would exclude the weapon. However, due to mutilation and apparent
variance between the size of the barrel and the size of the
projectile, the reproduction of individual characteristics was not
good, and therefore I was unable to arrive at a conclusion beyond that
of saying that the few lines that were found would indicate a modest
possibility. But I would not by any means say that I could be
positive. However, on specimen 602--I'm sorry--603, which I have
designated as Q-502, I found sufficient individual characteristics to
lead me to the conclusion that that projectile was fired in the same
weapon that fired the projectiles in 606."

MR. EISENBERG -- "That is to the exclusion of all other weapons?"

MR. NICOL -- "Yes, sir."

MR. EISENBERG -- "By the way, on the cartridge cases, that was also to
the exclusion of all other weapons?"

MR. NICOL -- "Correct."

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/nicol.htm

~~~~~~~~

Another grain of salt is required, however, when talking about Mr.
Nicol's testimony re. the Tippit bullets, since the other eight
experts who looked at the bullets did not agree with Nicol with
respect to his "to the exclusion" conclusion.

But the bullet shells found at 10th & Patton WERE positively tied to
Lee Oswald's .38 revolver beyond any and all doubt (even if CTers want
to disregard the two "Poe" shells). The other two shells have an
undeniably-clear chain of custody, even per most conspiracy theorists,
who love to argue about the legitimacy of the Poe shells.

And the above arguments in favor of Oswald's guilt don't even begin to
touch on some of the VERY BEST evidence in the whole case that says
Oswald is guilty -- that being the multiple witnesses who positively
identified Lee Harvey Oswald as Officer Tippit's lone killer.

When you add that last point into the mix, in addition to the four
ballistics-related points mentioned above, there is simply NO possible
way in this world that Lee Harvey Oswald could be innocent of
murdering Patrolman J.D. Tippit on November the 22nd, 1963. None!

David Von Pein
June 2005
April 2006
March 2007

RELATED "TIPPIT" LINKS:

http://www.jfklancerforum.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=31673&mesg_id=31673&listing_type=search#31684

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/discussions/start-thread.html/ref=cm_rdp_dp/002-2065385-6525668?ie=UTF8&ASIN=0966270975&authorID=A1FDW1SPYKB354&store=yourstore&reviewID=RX09PCPWL9RCH&displayType=ReviewDetail

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/cbcca847390ffca8

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.assassination.jfk/msg/c808612aebec9bb2

http://www.oakcliffpress.com/html/malicebook_index.htm

http://www.jdtippit.com

eca...@tx.rr.com

Mar 24, 2007, 4:45:22 AM3/24/07
Yet another masterpiece post David.. And
a great example of the *OBJECTIVITY*
virtue that I admire so much in Bugliosi,
yourself, and my other longtime hero John
Fiorentino..

I know many others have exhibited this
not so common virtue, but it is often
difficult to monitor because we are
primarily occupied with the text in front
of us at the time. BUT for the record,
not every great authority on JFK
possesses this trait.

MR ;~D
Ed Cage 0337Mar2407

> http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh17/html/WH_Vol17_0...
>
> http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh16/pages/WH_Vol16_...

> http://www.jfklancerforum.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&to...
>
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/discussions/start-thread.ht...
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/cbcca847390ffca8
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.assassination.jfk/msg/c808612aebec...

Walt

Mar 24, 2007, 8:55:04 AM3/24/07
On 24 Mar, 01:53, "David Von Pein" <davevonp...@aol.com> wrote:
> THE J.D. TIPPIT MURDER.....
>
> THE BULLETS AND THE BULLET SHELLS.....

> When examining the murder of Dallas Patrolman J.D. Tippit on November
> 22, 1963, the only possible reasonable conclusion to reach with
> respect to the $64,000 question of "WHO DID IT?", given the evidence
> that exists in the case, is the following conclusion:
>
> LEE HARVEY OSWALD MURDERED OFFICER TIPPIT.

Before you can make this assumption..... You MUST show how it would
have been possible for Lee Oswald to have traveled the mile from the
rooming house to the site of Tippi's murder in just TWO minutes. Mrs
Roberts saw him STANDING STILL as a statue, at the bus stop in front
of the rooming house at about 1:04 PM. Mrs Helen Markham saw J.D.
Tippit shot and killed at 10th and Patton about a mile away from the
roominghouse at 1:06 P.M. Until you can show how Lee Oswald could
have traled that mile on foot in just TWO minutes you have no case.

Walt

> http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh17/html/WH_Vol17_0...
>
> http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh16/pages/WH_Vol16_...

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

David Von Pein

Mar 24, 2007, 5:11:08 PM3/24/07
>>> "Until you can show how Lee Oswald could have {traveled} that mile on foot in just TWO minutes you have no case." <<<

Different 24-hour period.....same Walt-imagined kookshit.

(Surprise!)

WALT'S "SUMMATION TO THE JURY" AT OSWALD'S (TIPPIT) TRIAL:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/4d1790303e6fcc19

(Think there'd be even one juror left in the box halfway through
Walt's brilliant summation? Or would each juror be occupying the floor
instead, in a "ROTFLMFAO" posture?)